Water soluble colored pencils

more weirdness
Seriously, this is a fascinating drawing. The fact that you know HOW to draw bodies correctly allows you to venture into “weirdness” without losing the viewer. I can tell what’s what even though you’ve moved them into a sort of “collage.”
Again, skilled artistry, a creative mind and imagination, and a dash of humor make this easily identifiable as an I.M.FAUVE work.

Thank you, very kind.

How 'bout them water souble colored pencils? LOL

(it's ok to diverge and follow the crumbs)

My favorite, or most utilized, feature of those pencils is — spit. You don't "have " to use water and a brush, I often simply lick my finger and smear. I like to lick. :) *featured in one of my illustrated stories.

You have a wonderful imagination! You draw completely unique images. You come up with scenes that, at least to me, are brand new. I like that so much more than the same old subjects shown in artless ways.
Maybe in style…but I don’t come up with things like a guy in a bottle or your fairy/cock scene.
(Back OFF track)

Not all THAT "completely unique" — I just saw this posted "up front". LOL
They must have seen my work. hee hee

Now... back ON track.

Thank you, very kind.

How 'bout them water souble colored pencils? LOL

(it's ok to diverge and follow the crumbs)

My favorite, or most utilized, feature of those pencils is — spit. You don't "have " to use water and a brush, I often simply lick my finger and smear. I like to lick. :) *featured in one of my illustrated stories.
I haven’t tried the spit and/or lick, but I have tried dipping the pencil tip in water and then rolling, dragging, crushing and/or smearing it onto the paper. Good way to express intensity.

Dancer, huh?

If I remember correctly, Faber-Castells & Staedtler pigment liners (watertight, and also available in a small(!) number of colors), used for the Henna tattoos.

bluedress_final.jpg

Have you ever used Water soluble colored pencils?

I loves them!

If you have, what brand is your favorite?

Prismacolor, Derwent, Faber-Castell, Caran d-Ache, Crayola...?
I think I have some of all of those and pretty sure that Derwent and Caran d'Ache have the most saturated colors.
I find that to get the most out of them, as one might expect, one should use a good quality paper with some tooth.

I really need a better (faster) orgianization system tho'. Especially when "on the road". jumbled in a box is not very efficent.
Ive used them and love them. I dont remember what brand though. Lol. Inktense maybe?

Have you ever used Water soluble colored pencils?

I loves them!

If you have, what brand is your favorite?

Prismacolor, Derwent, Faber-Castell, Caran d-Ache, Crayola...?
I think I have some of all of those and pretty sure that Derwent and Caran d'Ache have the most saturated colors.
I find that to get the most out of them, as one might expect, one should use a good quality paper with some tooth.

I really need a better (faster) orgianization system tho'. Especially when "on the road". jumbled in a box is not very efficent.
I like Drewent and Caran d'Ache. Work best on cold pressed watercolur pare, 300 lbs .

It will give you a lift when your artwork turns out well. But seriously, the 300lb is the paper thickness.

It will give you a lift when your artwork turns out well. But seriously, the 300lb is the paper thickness.

Sorta. It's the weight of the ream of paper, where a greater weight generally translates to thicker paper.

Seems a bit of overkill for water soluble colored pencils, unless you are really saturating them.

Back