UK Online Directory. v9.

geronimo_appleby

always on the move
since the thread has roots going back 20 years - yep, 20 (thanks Midas), i thought it'd be a shame to see it die.

so...

have at it. :)

link to v8. here: click

Last edited:
since the thread has roots going back 20 years - yep, 20 (thanks Midas), i thought it'd be a shame to see it die.

so...

have at it. :)

link to v8. here: click

Greetings one and all, that's a long time threading! I feel a relative newbie!

Rain overnight, shame I left the washing out :-(

Morning! You moved? Best put the kettle on then, I’ve brought some biccies for the thread warming. :)

assortment-biscuits-isolated-on-white-260nw-1402209491.jpg

anticipating the closure of v8. due to 5k+ posts.

so, how goes? :kiss:

Yeah, I figured. Good idea to start a fresh thread.

It goes, thanks. Annoyed that we can’t go on our wee Scottish holiday next week as was planned and very eagerly looked forward to. :mad: Fuck you, Covid-19!

What about you? I gather you’re in blighty?

Yeah, I figured. Good idea to start a fresh thread.

It goes, thanks. Annoyed that we can’t go on our wee Scottish holiday next week as was planned and very eagerly looked forward to. :mad: Fuck you, Covid-19!

What about you? I gather you’re in blighty?

travel insurance cover it?

yep. in blighty. wise move as it turned out. i know a few people in vitenam and thailand. westerners. they're doing okay. i know thailand have waived visa extensions for the time being. makes sense! my friends are on a [very] small island. the boats still come in with supplies, etc., but no more people are allowed. so far, so good.

for me, this lockdown isn't much different from when i was travelling. routine is much the same except for a bar or whatever in the evening. plus i'm used to living on a budget. but, being mortgage free, i'm personally okay for funds. got the van off the road - so no tax or insurance or fuel costs.

still ticking over with royalties and the occasional script. but shooting scenes in the US is suspended, obviously!

concerned for janey, but she's a big girl (ooh yeah, baby! :D) and will keep herself safe.

so, there you go. that's the GA. hopefully, you'll gets to Scotland later this year?

yep. in blighty. wise move as it turned out. i know a few people in vitenam and thailand. westerners. they're doing okay. i know thailand have waived visa extensions for the time being. makes sense! my friends are on a [very] small island. the boats still come in with supplies, etc., but no more people are allowed. so far, so good.

for me, this lockdown isn't much different from when i was travelling. routine is much the same except for a bar or whatever in the evening. plus i'm used to living on a budget. but, being mortgage free, i'm personally okay for funds. got the van off the road - so no tax or insurance or fuel costs.

still ticking over with royalties and the occasional script. but shooting scenes in the US is suspended, obviously!

concerned for janey, but she's a big girl (ooh yeah, baby! :D) and will keep herself safe.

so, there you go. that's the GA. hopefully, you'll gets to Scotland later this year?

It wasn’t booked yet so no loss of money. We always only book a few weeks out from the travel date, were just about to do it when things started looking bleak. We’ll definitely head over when we can.

I am glad you’re home, as it were, I imagine it would be extra unsettling to be elsewhere during this. I’m glad to hear that your friends out there are alright.

Shooting scenes in the US? And you never offered me a role..?! :rolleyes:;)

I worry about Janey too. She must be crazy stressed these days but I know she manages to find time and stamina for occasional bike rides. She is simply amazing.

Sounds ok, I hope the health care systems out there are able to cope, my organisation is still trying to repatriate workers in some African countries, a worry over the quality and quantity of hospitals is one of the main issues it seems.

Blighty will be fine am sure, but the challenge is the exit plan from lockdown, they don't seem to know what they will do - no country does - and returning to travel as normal seems a long way away

Janey and all her colleagues are amazing, the bike rides am sure will help de-stress, they do for me as I didn't duck low enough at work and got the role of coordinating our approach to this thing... it's all I have done since end of Feb, we just furloughed 25% and another 20% next week, sadly not including me!

It wasn’t booked yet so no loss of money. We always only book a few weeks out from the travel date, were just about to do it when things started looking bleak. We’ll definitely head over when we can.

I am glad you’re home, as it were, I imagine it would be extra unsettling to be elsewhere during this. I’m glad to hear that your friends out there are alright.

Shooting scenes in the US? And you never offered me a role..?! :rolleyes:;)

I worry about Janey too. She must be crazy stressed these days but I know she manages to find time and stamina for occasional bike rides. She is simply amazing.

Hey Dee, such a shame you couldn't get over here but things will eventually settle back down if in a changed way. The Easter weather has been a tad unseasonable ie warm! Perhaps an autumnal romp, erm, wander over here?? Happy to show you the delights of Yorkshireman, I mean Yorkshire, yes, erm, the county...

Take care, stay safe, the Lit community that grumbly GA kept rambling on is actually rather a nice supportive one , even GA might be pleased deep down under that hard exterior!!

X

Sounds ok, I hope the health care systems out there are able to cope, my organisation is still trying to repatriate workers in some African countries, a worry over the quality and quantity of hospitals is one of the main issues it seems.

Blighty will be fine am sure, but the challenge is the exit plan from lockdown, they don't seem to know what they will do - no country does - and returning to travel as normal seems a long way away

Janey and all her colleagues are amazing, the bike rides am sure will help de-stress, they do for me as I didn't duck low enough at work and got the role of coordinating our approach to this thing... it's all I have done since end of Feb, we just furloughed 25% and another 20% next week, sadly not including me!

vietnam has recorded zero fatalities. which i find odd, personally. saigon, hanoi, and da nang are densely-packed cities. and in the rural areas, it's still common to find whole families in one or two rooms.

Hello all,

Just discovered this thread (hey, I'm new here) and thought I'd say hello. Feels strange saying it's a Bank Holiday when most of the things we normally associate with Bank Holidays are 24/7 at the moment.

Minimum 3 I would think, looking at cases and fatalities and other countries I don't think anything major will be relaxed before June 🤫🙁

personally, i'm okay with that. must be a bastard with kids at home, etc. be all kinds of interesting studies down the line. domestic abuse, divorce, etc.

Back