TURP surgery = No more cum

eomerson

Explorer
One of the side effect of TURP surhery is that when you have sex and ejaculate, your semen goes up into your bladder. So everything feels like normal but literally you shoot nothing. I really miss it...of course, not having the surgery would have been very bad. I didnt think it would bother me and I can deal with this as I would rather be able to have my prostate problems fixed. If you are facing this surgery, be mindful as even though the doctors tell you. its still a bit of a shock!

One of the side effect of TURP surhery is that when you have sex and ejaculate, your semen goes up into your bladder. So everything feels like normal but literally you shoot nothing. I really miss it...of course, not having the surgery would have been very bad. I didnt think it would bother me and I can deal with this as I would rather be able to have my prostate problems fixed. If you are facing this surgery, be mindful as even though the doctors tell you. its still a bit of a shock!
I had a TURP done a few years ago. Your right about not ejaculating. I don't remember the Doc saying anything about not being able to ejaculate again. However I was in such really bad pain and discomfort I may have missed it. I did talk to him after the surgery that I did not ejaculate. He said "it just goes out your urinary tract later when you urinate". My SO misses it and so do I. She loved to watch me cum all over her breasts.....I miss it very much too! We have adjusted....I guess. (What's a person to do?) I wonder if she thinks of being with a guy that can give her the visual that she likes so very much. See says it does not matter but I think it does deep down......

Can I ask, why was the reason for the surgery? And also, does cumming still feel like a release when nothing is released?

I Had the same result from a different surgery. Ejaculation still feels pretty much the same to me and my Mrs never liked the taste of or the mess from cum, so she considers it a plus. But I can understand the psychology of having no semen, all in all, way better than being dead.

Can I ask, why was the reason for the surgery? And also, does cumming still feel like a release when nothing is released?
TURP surgery is normally done for prostate cancer. Mine was a side effect from rectal cancer. When they remove cancer in that area the nerves that control the check valve (plumbers term) in the urethra is damaged. The check valve normally closes upon ejactulation to prevent semen from entering the bladder and forces it out the penis. In my case, I still have a healthy prostrate so the release feels pretty much the same minus the cum exiting the penis. My limited understanding of different prostrate surgeries is that many lose all or some of the ability to orgasm. So it’s a pretty major deal for men with active libido.

Mine was for enlarged prostate that was closing down my uretjra. Happily no cancer. It feels identical to normal ejaculation.

TURP surgery is normally done for prostate cancer. Mine was a side effect from rectal cancer. When they remove cancer in that area the nerves that control the check valve (plumbers term) in the urethra is damaged. The check valve normally closes upon ejactulation to prevent semen from entering the bladder and forces it out the penis. In my case, I still have a healthy prostrate so the release feels pretty much the same minus the cum exiting the penis. My limited understanding of different prostrate surgeries is that many lose all or some of the ability to orgasm. So it’s a pretty major deal for men with active libido.

Mine was for enlarged prostate that was closing down my uretjra. Happily no cancer. It feels identical to normal ejaculation.
Thanks, gents.

If that was meant for me sorry I did not get back. The reason was my prostate all but closed off everything and could not pee. By the time I ended up in the ER they catheterized me and got out just over 2 liters out. I had stretched my blatter so bad the blood vessels broke and I was bleeding so much, clots formed and kept blocking the urethra. Long story short I was in the hospital over a week. Had to install a 3 way catheter.....hope never again. I still have an orgasm but no ejaculation.........

I had the surgery done as well, and while I do miss the sensation of a forceful ejaculation, it's nice not having to clean up a wet spot. I really like being able to pee with little to no restriction.

If that was meant for me sorry I did not get back. The reason was my prostate all but closed off everything and could not pee. By the time I ended up in the ER they catheterized me and got out just over 2 liters out. I had stretched my blatter so bad the blood vessels broke and I was bleeding so much, clots formed and kept blocking the urethra. Long story short I was in the hospital over a week. Had to install a 3 way catheter.....hope never again. I still have an orgasm but no ejaculation.........
Thanks, I appreciate the information.

I had a different surgery, a "Urolift" that was supposed to bypass the side effects/risks of a TURP. They shoot ties from inside the urethra through the prostate--kind of like pop rivets. Yeah--not a lot of fun, but supposed to open the urethra through the prostate. It worked a little bit, but I still need Rapi-Flow which has the same effect on ejaculation. "Retrograde ejaculation" is the term--you cum in your bladder, not out your dick.

Doc said it would feel the same. Nope--I liked the feeling of cum shooting out my dick. Ah, well. At least I can pee again.

Ditto!

A little green light Laser reaming out ...no more pearl necklaces!

Don't really miss the mess and I still put out large amounts of precum!

Only drawback is it's like a slow leak in a tire going down the road. However, Cilias more than fixes it and I have the perfect reason to get insurance to pay for most of it!

Sorry that happened to you man. I’m an ER nurse. I’ve been involved in several of cases like yours. Haven’t had the courage to have enlarged prostate myself, but all of the patients were VERY uncomfortable until we started getting some relief.

Back