This 13th day marks my...

lovecraft68

Bad Doggie
13th anniversary of the first story I published here. Would have been perfect if it was a Friday, but can't have it all.
What have these 13 years brought me? Well, quite a bit of success in the realm of how many-too many-judge success here. I'm know for telling people, especially newer members not to focus on the numbers, the scores, the votes, the H, just try to be the best writer you can be while writing the stories you want, and not what readers or other authors tell you to. Because I mock the stat mongers, I take some crap for that.

But in this thread I am going to post some stats and for the purpose of showing what being true to your muse and ideas gets you over being 24/7 obsessed with stats...then coming here and bragging about them. Maybe the following will shut some of the people who are full of themselves down for a spell.

One point to make, part of this is also longevity and being able to hang in there and continue writing because each story builds upon the others, brings people to past work, so that is a factor to consider. Now, let's check the tale of the tape.

Let's start with the spreadsheet we can all download for our stories. According to this

45,352,657 views. (what's a view...heh who the hell knows, but its a good number)

391,108 votes

10,028 comments (view/vote/comment ratio site wide is pretty lame when you look at things like this, but is what it is)

63,000 total favs on my work.

Now let's go to the all time fav lists which are now much easier to find(were the top 250 faved in each category even a thing before? I never saw them, but never really looked for them)

Number three all time faved author at 19,585. Seeing this is a show off thread I'll point out I would be number 2 if I remained committed to posting here, but 1-2 stories a year has allowed Heyall who is annoyingly prolific to pass me. You're welcome HA, and if you see this congrats on going over 20k favs, you deserve it. Now to show unlike some here, I am every self aware, I know in turn that both myself and HA moved up because Tex Tall Tales hasn't posted in a long time. We all take what we can get however we get it.

Number 3 for total story favs(I think this is new?)

Top 250 most faved stories of all time-this is every category included, so the best of the best as far as favs go.

I have the number #9 most faved story and its the highest ranking non incest story(But LC, all your trolls say all you can write is incest...remember this as we move along)

Also #48(Mature) #100(IT) #188(IT)#195(IT) #207(IT) #234(Mature)

By category

First Time. I have the number one story of all time on Lit, and its #1 by over 2k votes, it'll bee there for awhile.

Lesbian(wait, LC wrote lesbian stories? Yes, 3 and they're all on this list) #9 #26 #51

Group-#12 #17 #30 #88 #112 #192

Mature-#2(and just shy of 20k votes) #12, 21,22, 34,36, 51,64,103,111,135,175, 250

I/T - 51,60,72,80,102,121,136,146,150,151,165,178.201,220,230

Random stats....That's what Friends are for just passed 1000 comments.

9 contest placings which include themed, monthly and an annual award.

Home is where the Heart is has 12,900 votes and is a 4.87. I'm proud of this-and for any story from any author like this because its a real 4.87. What I mean by that is its not some fake as fuck 4.95 because its chapter 45 in an endless series and has 29 votes. To sustain a score in the upper 4.8's through thousands of votes is much more impressive. I have several stories over 4.8 that have thousands of votes.

That's what Friends are for is my ultimate lightning in a bottle story 4.81 on 30,654 votes 3.18 mil views 1002 comments and 5377 favs. Ironically I thought this was a toss away piece that was too cheesy to do well, but I have never denied the muse.

None of the above was written with any concern of
Is it too short, too long
Do readers like/hate this
Has this been done before
Needing a woman to help me with female POV:mad:
Wondering if I can write something I haven't experienced
Or any of the other endless beat to death topics here.

I have close to 40k posts here. Obviously I have engaged in these conversations but when it comes to writing, like Nike said years ago I just do it. I don't come here and let other people tell me how to write, what to write, and what not to write. I don't give a flying fuck about one bombs, trolls, shitty comments, and what people here-r on the reader side think of me. Like everyone I like my stories to do well, but will never worry if they don't, because they're mine and I don't pander or sell out to what I should write according to others.

Last edited:
If all of this seems petty and rubbing numbers in people's faces? One thing about me is I never bullshit, so yes, it is. But not to most here, only to a few, and I'm sure they can figure out who they are. Maybe if you spent more time on the craft instead of pushing your opinions at people, chasing off new people, and acting like you're the bestest writer ever, you could get close to this.

To people I'm not trying to show up, see this as I would... motivation because end of the day I'm not special, I just worked hard and did my thing for a long time. When I first started here I looked at the top author and top story lists and said, "I'm going to be there. Some day I'll be the Selena Kitt or Alwayswantedtoo, the people who dominated the site in their times.

Now I'm there, no longer the newbie, now I'm the old dog and I look forward to watching some young pups over take me someday the way I did to others. But my advice is if that's what you want? Pay little attention to 90% of what is said here. If you pick through the posturing and the drama, the bullies, the delusional narcissists, and other noise, there's good writers here happy to help, its just lately they've been over run by the people who have turned this place into the playground/GB.

On that note, and as a final word:

I want to thank Paco Fear-even though he hasn't been around for a long time-for not just replying to a brand new and struggling to find their way writer, but taking a lot of their time helping and encouraging me. I want to thank TX Rad for all of his great advice when it comes to publishing, and for being the one person who had my back during the Cabin debacle of years ago. Bramblethorn for some great behind the scenes conversations and for being the one constant when it comes to being reasonable and showing empathy to others here.

If we have gotten along well here, and I didn't just mention you, don't take it personally, even I get tired of my own voice and typing. But if you have not already gotten one from me, I'll be sending you a PM.

In turn, and despite what people may think of my forum persona, I have tried to pay it all forward and have helped many here when asked. All the numbers above are fun, but the best reward I ever received here is several people telling me that one of my stories inspired them to start writing themselves. There's nothing better than that(although someone buying one of your paperbacks at a show and asking you to sign it is close)

I don't agree with a lot of things that go on here, or how unprofessional I feel the site is run-and question its alleged ethics-but this is an amazing platform that changed my life and I will always be grateful for it. Like Twitter or facebook or other places, Lit is a platform and its identity is that of its users, its not good/bad in itself, its what we all make of it.

To be clear this isn't a take my ball and go home. My stories will always remain here for the readers who have supported me over the years and to help Lit who gave me this chance, and I will be dropping something new from time to time. So I'm not pulling an 8letters is what I'm saying.

With that being said the forum is no longer a place I want to be. The culture of misogyny and other gross behavior that has festered in LW has now spread to here and people who used to be appalled by certain topics I now see staunchly defending them and some are so far gone they don't even see it. When its a couple of people, it can be ignored, when it becomes pervasive then that's when I can no longer-by my own code, I hold no one else to this-be part of it and be comfortable with myself. I will miss a lot of people here, and being here. But in my eyes the neighborhood has gone to hell, and I'm too tired to keep fighting a losing battle, and being mocked for it....then have the people that mocked me tell me-in private of course, can't upset the trolls here-that I was right...then they run off and perpetuate what they just complained to me about.

Been here 13 years and I'd say for a good 10 was a regular member of this forum(I left for about 18 months at one point, lockdown boredom brought me back) so its been a part of my life for a long time. Many of you have. I'd find myself in work sometimes thinking "Look at that, I wonder what Blindjustice would think of that" you're real people to me, not just faceless posters.

This isn't wasn't an easy decision, and something I've put thought in and even discussed with my wife and close friends here. But its time, and true to form and reputation before this I took great pleasure in exposing the hypocrisy of many in the "I'm gone" thread, something I've been waiting for since I stopped posting a few weeks ago. Had a little fun tweaking with the stats above, but for a last post I wanted to make sure I took a more serious heartfelt approach.

I will miss this place.

For those who will miss me?

Work on your aim. :p

Last edited:
I like your posts. (And obviously your stories) I'm not sure what's so terrible about anyone here, or the occasional disagreement which from what I've seen generally are discussed civilly. Well maybe I'm one of the terrible ones, I don't know. Anyway I hope to see you pop back up again.

I'm still a new guy, especially in comparison, but I do believe there is a place for everyone here. Considering that none of the things we argue about has any impact on the way the website works, I think that makes some of the heated arguments on AH somewhat misplaced. That being said, I do understand removing yourself from the place that brings you more anger than enjoyment. I did something similar in a certain forum and community where I was a very active participant for years.
I meant what I said that you are missed here, but I respect your decision. Thank you for being supportive at my beginnings on the forum, where I quickly drew the ire of some "cliques" as you call them. All the best :)

Godspeed, lovecraft68. I will miss you, for sure. I've only been here five years, but I'd be bored if I wasn't here and a couple of other places. I guess if I'm still around in 2040 (age 85) I might get tired of it.

LC, you and I had this discussion a year ago, and you were wavering then about winding things down. It's OK to fade away without slamming the door, because fading back in amounts to a, "Hey, nice to see you. What's up?"

Best of luck.

We have struck you down, and you shall become more powerful than we can possibly imagine!

Well, you know where to find me. Take care, and I hope you've got something rewarding to do with the time.

Lovecraft is one of the most successful authors at Literotica, and he deserves his success, because he is a gifted storyteller. He has a talent for inventing characters that readers care about and narrating sexy tales about those characters that readers enjoy and are turned on by. Lovecraft also has been one of the most valuable contributors to Literotica through his forum comments, astute observations, and essays like "Write Incest Like A Motherfucker," which I still regard as the best primer on the subject. I read it before I wrote my first incest story, and I tried to follow it, and I think I owe some of my artistic success and reader popularity to Lovecraft's ideas. So I'm grateful to him for that.

That said, I have to respond to this:
With that being said the forum is no longer a place I want to be. The culture of misogyny and other gross behavior that has festered in LW has now spread to here and people who used to be appalled by certain topics I now see staunchly defending them and some are so far gone they don't even see it. When its a couple of people, it can be ignored, when it becomes pervasive then that's when I can no longer-by my own code, I hold no one else to this-be part of it and be comfortable with myself.

This is total BS. There is no culture of misogyny in this forum. We are a diverse group with a diverse range of opinions on topics such as the kinds of stories published at Loving Wives. That's the way it SHOULD be. We should value, not belittle, diversity of opinion on difficult subjects. But not according to Lovecraft. He sees dissent from his point of view as proof that you are evil. What a crock.

In another thread, I said this: To paraphrase the Beatles, the toxicity you see equals the toxicity you spew. Comments like these by Lovecraft, or by others, are acts of projection. I'm not a psychologist and I don't know Lovecraft so I'm not going to pretend I understand what he's projecting and why, but for years he's been spewing rage and outrageous insults at the people in this forum. No AH contributor has been more smug or more judgmental. No AH contributor has been more prone to calling people names and accusing people of bad faith and bad intent. And to that I say, Balls. It's a bunch of nonsense.

This thread illustrates what I think is generally true: when people complain about the "toxicity" of this forum, it's usually because of the way threads are initially posted. If you start a thread by calling people names and telling everyone that they are a bunch of a-holes, you're going to get a bad reaction--and you should! A good example is GTO Racer's recent thread, titled "I'm Out Of Here," in which he says this in his initial post:

"Maybe the assholes that own this site have never read a real book."

There's no justification for talking to people here that way, ever. If you engage that way with people, you cannot expect them to be polite to you. If toxicity results, you are the one responsible for it.

Grow up, be an adult, and be decent to people, even if you disagree with them. If Lovecraft followed that principle himself, this forum wouldn't be whatever he thinks it is that's driving him away.

But anyway, bon voyage and best wishes.

SimonD

Pretty amazing!

I published my first work less than a year ago, I can't imagine 13 years.

I have enjoyed many many of your stories, so thank you.

Lovecraft is one of the most successful authors at Literotica, and he deserves his success, because he is a gifted storyteller. He has a talent for inventing characters that readers care about and narrating sexy tales about those characters that readers enjoy and are turned on by. Lovecraft also has been one of the most valuable contributors to Literotica through his forum comments, astute observations, and essays like "Write Incest Like A Motherfucker," which I still regard as the best primer on the subject. I read it before I wrote my first incest story, and I tried to follow it, and I think I owe some of my artistic success and reader popularity to Lovecraft's ideas. So I'm grateful to him for that.
"Write Incest Like a Motherfucker." That is a gem.

Lovecraft, maybe I misunderstood you, but is it the forum that is bothering you, the entire site, or just writing in general? (Or maybe just writing erotica?) Just saying, you can still publish here and ignore all the forums if you wish. I'm on a couple of sites where I haven't posted on the boards in months. Whatever dramas go on there don't interest me. There are indeed some dramas here too, but for the moment I indulge in participating in them.

I don’t know. Seems older than 55 to me.
For the majority of people on here, it can be quite difficult to find out anything specific about them. After a while, some of them reveal bits and pieces of their lives. For others, I have only the sketchiest guesses about them. I've had a few cases where I was surprised that their avatars did not depict them.

I only considered pulling all my content and leaving Literotica once.

It was a few months back when PastMaster incited Lovecraft and several others to target a single chapter of one of my stories when they took it out of context to the story as a whole, insisting that it broke the rules.

When the chapter was reported and taken down, my first reaction was to say "Screw it!" and just leave. As others have mentioned, I too thought that simply bailing on the site would be more detrimental to the readers than to the other authors who were the cause of my angst, so I appealed the withdrawal of the story to Laurel and it was reinstated the next day (as it should have been).

I understand Lovecraft's primary issue being the content of the forums, and this one in particular. As someone who has had to patiently endure his attacks in order to coexist here, I can't claim to be terribly bothered by his leaving. I'm sorry that he can't find it within himself to use his grown-up manners because he has provided a lot of other writers with great advice and input over the years.

Back