THE WATERCOOLER

LadyCibelle said:
Loll I'm 19 now ;) With a 15yo daughter and a 13 yo son LOLOLOLOLOL

Nothing wrong with starting a bit early. Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

*that was so wrong to say, but "right" is so boring* ;)

Captain Midnight said:
Sorry your birthday didn't go as planned. I hope your son is okay! Kind of interesting about your parents' eating habits ... do they like a late-night supper? :)

Too bad you ate too much cake (is that what you meant by "hate it all like a pig"?)

But thank you so much for enjoying the card I sent separately. :kiss:

Captain Midnight :)

When I wrote my email it was only 6hPM here sweetie so it wasn't that late.
I meant the piece of cake I had was too big and I ate it all and not "hate" :confused:

Halo_n_horns said:
Nothing wrong with starting a bit early. Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

*that was so wrong to say, but "right" is so boring* ;)

I agree with you "right" is soooooo boring :)

vamplawyer said:
And it is officially documented that Birthday Cake has no countable calories as it is considered part of the official celebratory experiance.

I can assure you that MY birthday cake was full of calories. It was a triple chocolate affair with loads of chocolate mousse and I was foolish enough to add half a quart of whipped cream to it :confused:

Now I'm feeling better and I even was able to have a celebratory glass of wine earlier this evening :)

Last one before...????

Hi all,

Tomorrow the computer will be unhooked and I wanted to remind you all that I'll be gone until July 20th. Of course before then I'll be hooked back on in the new house but I have no idea when I'll get around to hook us up as internet access might not be on my list of priorities the first few days we'll be there.

Please can I count of you to keep the EF alive and help the ones who are gonna make request while I'll be away? I'd hate to see all our efforts go to waste just because I'm absent for a while.

Take care and next time I'll write I'll be moved in, rested and ready to give you plenty of details on my new life :)

Big Box stores

Why do big box stores always screw up computer installs?

I bought a new computer earlier this week and they wanted an extra $299USD to move my records from my old computer to my new one. I declined and went to a local buisness (a small hole in the wall mom & pop place that does repairs and will build custom systems). I was charged $90 and! He completed the faulty install of Windows XP and the anti virus program, got all the updates for me, and made certain everything worked before I took it home. I think that was 90 well spent - I didn't have most of it sent to the big box store main office while the clueless "sales associate" received minimum wage and just put stuff in the way he was taught ("push this button, and if you get an error message don't say anything").

What went right, I accomplished the few errands I had set for myself while I was on vacation this week - get computer, get oil change & alignment on the car, go to the store to buy cat food, cat snacks and toys for the month (also bought some fun items for the dog too).

I don't think this situation will happen here, but it did in school so I thought I would blow off about it just to get it out of my system.

In one of my High School English classes the teacher had the smart idea to pair us up and let us edit/comment on each others work. The problem was she just let each of us trade with the person sitting next to us. They guy I traded papers with I really felt uncomfortable making comments on. His grammer was OK but he needed a lot of work on his spelling. I knew he was trying hard, it made me uncomfortable because I didn't want to sound like I was superior to him. I liked the guy (as a friend, not as date material) and didn't want to hurt his feelings. At that time I was reading and writing at a 2nd year college level and he felt uncomfortable trying to offer comments on stuff where he felt out of his league.

I don't want to make lit writers uncomfortable either. This is supposed to be for fun. I just hope that I can offer good help without making anyone feel like I'm attacking them.

Depressed, Frustrated and generally tired of everything..

Based on the original post by Lady Cibelle, my general mood's pretty poor atm...

About 5K in debt...of which quite a bit is owed to collection agencies, unemployed, bank account is practically overdrafted, and no matter how hard I hunt for a job, I'm just not getting any responses to the applications and resumes I put in.

It's frustrating ...I do whatever I can wherever I can in odd jobs just to make sure I can pay the rent, bills, and feed myself...but that's about the sum total of my existence..no social life..can't afford one...I have sold over time, about everything valuable I own except my PC here just to keep money for food and the like.

Worst of all..part of that 5K I owe to the college I was going to..and all I really want is to go back to college and finish..but until I pay off just a lil less than 2K, there's no way I can get back in....and until I finish school...the woman of my life is keeping me at arms distance until I can wave a college degree...so...screwed screwed screwed.

It has gotten to the point where I just don't even feel like seeing the sun, going outside, or being part of humanity. And no, that does NOT mean suicide..it's more introversion instead...I logically realise I can't do that..but it's the emotional that has caught me...dunno...just can't win..or come in second..hell can't even break even for that matter...

testing testing

LadyCibelle said:
Hello everyone, just like in all the other forums I've decided to start a thread about your mood and what's going wrong OR right in your life.

In here, we won't talk about editing, unless it's to say how somethings gets on our nerves. We can talk about anything and everything: our family, our life, our children, our dogs, cats, guppy fish, whatever. Just as long as we vent some steam and/or express our happiness :)

So to get the ball rolling I'll startl

I'm fucking sick and tired of not knowing what's going on with my daughter. Nobody knows what is wrong, they're sending us from doctors to doctors, tests and after tests and the results always comes back negative!!! Now she's fainting and is out of it for longer and longer period of time and nobody knows what is wrong:confused:

I'm tired of going to bed at night and not knowing if I'll get up in the morning and she won't be on the floor because she got up in the middle of the night and fell. I'm worried sick about her and nobody can tell me anything!!:(

First - mood

Since I am Manic - Depressive, mood is important to me. Right now I feel fine. I have begun a new series of meds with fewer side effects and feel great.

Re: testing for unusual behavior, I went througe quite a bit before the diagnosis. There were CAT scans and MRI scans of my head, also a kind of brain scan / encephlogram that measures brain waves while doing very specific things.

My wave pattern was consistent with manic depression, the other tests eliminated grain tumors, various types of arterial damage causing alteration in brain function and so forth. The testing also revealed a high IQ and the attention span of a gnat (under 2 seconds) while doing longer listening and viewing tasks in the encephlogram test.

Hmmm.

There was a team of three docs on this series of tests. A psychiatrist, a psychologist, and the brain function interpreter type.

Have tests like these been tried? Particularly for anurysms and tumours in the brain?

Good luck on the testing.

Mark2 said:
First - mood

Since I am Manic - Depressive, mood is important to me. Right now I feel fine. I have begun a new series of meds with fewer side effects and feel great.

Re: testing for unusual behavior, I went througe quite a bit before the diagnosis. There were CAT scans and MRI scans of my head, also a kind of brain scan / encephlogram that measures brain waves while doing very specific things.

My wave pattern was consistent with manic depression, the other tests eliminated grain tumors, various types of arterial damage causing alteration in brain function and so forth. The testing also revealed a high IQ and the attention span of a gnat (under 2 seconds) while doing longer listening and viewing tasks in the encephlogram test.

Hmmm.

There was a team of three docs on this series of tests. A psychiatrist, a psychologist, and the brain function interpreter type.

Have tests like these been tried? Particularly for anurysms and tumours in the brain?

Good luck on the testing.

Yep we've seen so many doctor and had so many tests performed on my daughter, we were jokinly saying we should pay rent to the hospital :eek:

She's been seen by psychologist and psychiatrist, neurologist, internists, hematologist, cardiologists, hormone doctors(sorry don't know the name of that specialty) and some other kind of doctors.

They all came up with a big nothing in terms of results and some as I mentionned privately to you Mark even seemed to suggest I was Munchausen by proxy as they thought I was going overboard in my worries.

Now that we've moved, almost 3 weeks now and she only fainted twice in those 3 weeks so we're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

mood swings

LadyCibelle said:
Yep we've seen so many doctor and had so many tests performed on my daughter, we were jokinly saying we should pay rent to the hospital :eek:

She's been seen by psychologist and psychiatrist, neurologist, internists, hematologist, cardiologists, hormone doctors(sorry don't know the name of that specialty) and some other kind of doctors.

They all came up with a big nothing in terms of results and some as I mentionned privately to you Mark even seemed to suggest I was Munchausen by proxy as they thought I was going overboard in my worries.

Now that we've moved, almost 3 weeks now and she only fainted twice in those 3 weeks so we're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

Well LadyC that bit of nooz made my mood swing up a bit. And I thought - might there have been an environmental factor in the previous place that exacerbated the fainting thing?

Anyway, my mood just soared again when I was notified by a startup magazine in Australia that they are going to publish a submission I made.

One of my big goals when I began writing here in Literotica was to develop enough self confidence to submit to 'real print magazines' and see if they thought my stuff had merit.

LadyC gave - for me a significant element of boost to my ego with her incisive comment on my first story here.

Last edited:
vamplawyer said:
Hmmm.... let's see, I have recently decided to let my company pay me for searching for another job. I just fought tooth and nail to get a raise and then I find out they're bringing in another attorney with nine years less experiance at the salary they just brought me up from two weeks ago. :eek: And the best joke is they don't have a clue why I'm so pissed about it. Not that I didn't explaine it but they can't comprehend why it makes me so fucking mad.

Sorry to hear the news about your work :( They're stupid to let you go as I'm sure you're the best they could have!! Take heart, somebody else will recognize you for the gem you are and those twitt letting you go will be left with nothing.

rules

very simple stuff: active voice, avoid dependent clauses, expand vocabulary, etc. etc. no one wants to hear this, and universities are not teaching it.

I think the term is "endocrinologist"

:confused:
LadyCibelle said:

Dear LadyCibelle!

Although I subscribe to this thread, I rarely get notices about new postings. I didn't know what had been posted here for the most part. :eek:

I think "endocrinologist" is the word you're looking for when you talk about hormone doctors, although don't hold me to that until you look it up in a medical dictionary (or I do). If I remember right, the endocrine glands produce the hormones, so an endocrinologist would be a hormone doctor. :confused:

I've kind of missed you and my other Literotica friends lately. I don't make a habit of going to the board and get most of my messages privately. Maybe I should check in here more often? :rolleyes:

I'm very glad for your daughter. I'm rather surprised someone would accuse you of Munchausen's syndrome by proxy. :mad: I'd think your daughter would have Munchausen's syndrome all by herself if she compulsively needs medical treatment. Whoever accused you was a very cruel person. :mad:

Best wishes -- let me know if you want to chat! :)

Last edited:
Peter,

You are absolutely right....that's endocrinologist I meant but when came the time for me to write it I drew a blank and couldn't even think of it :confused:

Guess that old age is catching me faster than I thought uh :eek:

As you all know I'm back to editing after my great move (wow I can't believe how much I love the place!!!!! :D) so I guess you can expect to see me more often on the board, putting in my 2c every occasion I can, try to make a pest of myself ;) or whatever else my mischievious mind can find to annoy you :devil:

I think my new motto will be, "talk badly of me, hate me, criticize me but don't even stop having me in your thoughts ;)" What do you think?

mack_the_knife said:
You have time to post?! I better write more!

Not only do I have time to post Mack but I also have the time to do everything that needs to be done at home and I'm also reading two books at once :eek: Don't you know that women are good at multitasking :D

If you write more you'll only force me to sleep less :eek: as I do my editing in the middle of the night when everybody else is asleep and I can use my brain for myself :)

Your 3 stories are coming soon...1-2 days I'd say and you'll have them back :)

How come nobody told me how hard it was to write a story???? :eek: I'm sweating blood here trying to write my first story.

God you would think I'd know how hard it is but funny enough I didn't. Yeah sure I've heard plenty of writers say how hard it was for them to write and I did believe them but hard for one is a breeze for another so I didn't really take it to heart. Well now....NOW..let me tell you that I do!!!

I've been on the verge of giving up a few times in the past few days and it's only my husband's and wonderful editor's faith in me that I've decided to stick with it.

I don't know when it's gonna be ready as I'm not even half through...and then I'll have plenty of rewrite to do on it I'm sure (my editor is a slave labourer :p ) Love you Peter :kiss: but as soon as it is I'll ask you, all of you, to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Please keep in mind not to shred it to pieces though :nana:

LadyCibelle said:
How come nobody told me how hard it was to write a story???? :eek: I'm sweating blood here trying to write my first story.

God you would think I'd know how hard it is but funny enough I didn't. Yeah sure I've heard plenty of writers say how hard it was for them to write and I did believe them but hard for one is a breeze for another so I didn't really take it to heart. Well now....NOW..let me tell you that I do!!!

I've been on the verge of giving up a few times in the past few days and it's only my husband's and wonderful editor's faith in me that I've decided to stick with it.

I don't know when it's gonna be ready as I'm not even half through...and then I'll have plenty of rewrite to do on it I'm sure (my editor is a slave labourer :p ) Love you Peter :kiss: but as soon as it is I'll ask you, all of you, to take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Please keep in mind not to shred it to pieces though :nana:

The first one is the toughest...I wanted mine to be perfect so badly that I agonized over every single word.

You'll be fine. :) Get this one out of the way, put your armor on for the feedback, and you'll be on a roll.

(holler at me if you need any help - I'll be glad to help you out)

Back