The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing it was I, james r scouries, who was the first to encourage him to undertake the Herculean task, and that I am one of the few LITEROTICANS who has attempted the feat (darkboy being the only other person to try as far as I know), I would simply like to say:

[size=+2]
Good for you Mr. PILOT!​
[/SIZE]

I also feel perfectly placed to comment on his effort having done the job before and also having been bombarded with comments from all sides for my efforts.

SIR: Your choice of issuing your reviews as a NEW STORY instead of in the forums has both good and bad aspects. I like that it reaches a much wider audience this way but don’t particularly like it that they’re going to be separated into three or four different places. It might have worked better if you’d been allowed to just edit the first review and add your new ones to the original as finished. I think it would also work better if LAUREL left your review right on the EARTH DAY CONTEST page.

I do like it that you are placing emphasis on the THEME. When I did my reviews way back when, I was criticized for the emphasis I placed on the same thing.

You acknowledge the importance (on this site) of Erotic content but unfortunately you then fall down by saying, “I personally think that, this being an erotica site, stroke quotient should be a criteria too—but there seems to be some disagreement on that as a requirement, so I haven't assessed on that criteria”. I would have much preferred it if you had stuck to your guns and not tried to please everyone.

I did like it that you refused to review multi part stories that weren’t completed and rated completed multi chapter stories as one story. We’re pretty much in sync on this question.

I don’t like it that you are only using 3 stars, 4 stars, or 5 stars when you rate the various stories. Quite frankly, even using the full spectrum (1-5) doesn’t really give you enough room to differentiate between stories. To further reduce the range is idiocy (as well as perhaps a small wimping out on your part).

However, I think the biggest problem I have with your effort is that you say you’ve reviewed 15 stories in your first go around and 17 in your second but don’t tell the reader which stories they are.

Nor do you tell the reader what score you gave which story. If I’m reading correctly you’ve given six 5’s, fourteen 4’s, and twelve 3’s. Reading your recommendations I can guess your six 5’s but your scores for whatever other stories you reviewed are left out.

Surely one of the main jobs of a reviewer and the point of the exercise (especially since you’ve put it right up on the site) is to inform the Literotica visitor of both the good and the bad.

I’d like to suggest that on your third review story you list every story you’ve reviewed to date with the score you’ve given them. Should be relatively easy to do given that the review work is all done!

I’d also like to suggest to the next person who takes up the torch of contest reviewing that the system both darkboy and I used seems to me to be the preferable one. And by that I mean that every story entered in the contest is reviewed separately and rated. Since you’ve read and rated all the stories I believe it’s your duty as a reviewer to publish all your reviews.

Seeing I’m writing this critique I don’t want to get into the ludicrousness of you not reviewing the entry of the most “read author” on LITEROTICA. Suffice it to say that the general reading public would be much better served by you if you had reviewed it.

I will point out that you also didn’t review miss sarahhh’s entry, another glaring omission. One only has to glance at the Feedback Portal to see just how important a presence miss s is on our site. Whether you liked her story or not, or whether you like her or not, you certainly had an obligation to review it! I’d hazard a guess she’s received more feedback than the next ten stories in the contest combined.

For those of you who missed my effort at rating the “2006 NUDE DAY CONTEST” the thread can be found at http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=438967

I’m not sure where the thread darkboy made is but if one of you decides to take up the challenge in the future I’d advise contacting him and reading through it before proceeding.

And which LITEROTICAN could possibly take up the challenge of story reviewer in some future contest. Someone with enough intelligence and independence to do an honest job of it. I think both the moonman and the former miss kittyn would be perfect candidates.

jrs

p.s. sorry moonman you may find comments like the following entertaining and be willing to make excuses for “little jenny” but I won’t and I’ll continue to call her out on it.

And the story is still a low-end, poorly written stroker that is boring beyond belief, written by an egotisic little kid with a mouth the size of Texas and the manners of Grendal.

I often wonder how he reaches his keyboard when he's so bloated on unwarranted arrogance. I get this image in my head of Jabba the Hutt's stumpy arms flailing helplessly toward a keyboard salvaged from a TRS-80, with subtitles at the bottom that read "I don't see an any key!".

We now return you to scouries deluding himself that he's an expert in yet another area of endevor with absolutely no means to back it up.

Be sure to toss our dancing monkey a peanut on your way out.

Seeing it was I, james r scouries, who was the first to encourage him to undertake the Herculean task, and that I am one of the few LITEROTICANS who has attempted the feat (darkboy being the only other person to try as far as I know), I would simply like to say:

[size=+2]
Good for you Mr. PILOT!​
[/SIZE]

I also feel perfectly placed to comment on his effort having done the job before and also having been bombarded with comments from all sides for my efforts.

SIR: Your choice of issuing your reviews as a NEW STORY instead of in the forums has both good and bad aspects. I like that it reaches a much wider audience this way but don’t particularly like it that they’re going to be separated into three or four different places. It might have worked better if you’d been allowed to just edit the first review and add your new ones to the original as finished. I think it would also work better if LAUREL left your review right on the EARTH DAY CONTEST page.

I do like it that you are placing emphasis on the THEME. When I did my reviews way back when, I was criticized for the emphasis I placed on the same thing.

You acknowledge the importance (on this site) of Erotic content but unfortunately you then fall down by saying, “I personally think that, this being an erotica site, stroke quotient should be a criteria too—but there seems to be some disagreement on that as a requirement, so I haven't assessed on that criteria”. I would have much preferred it if you had stuck to your guns and not tried to please everyone.

I did like it that you refused to review multi part stories that weren’t completed and rated completed multi chapter stories as one story. We’re pretty much in sync on this question.

I don’t like it that you are only using 3 stars, 4 stars, or 5 stars when you rate the various stories. Quite frankly, even using the full spectrum (1-5) doesn’t really give you enough room to differentiate between stories. To further reduce the range is idiocy (as well as perhaps a small wimping out on your part).

However, I think the biggest problem I have with your effort is that you say you’ve reviewed 15 stories in your first go around and 17 in your second but don’t tell the reader which stories they are.

Nor do you tell the reader what score you gave which story. If I’m reading correctly you’ve given six 5’s, fourteen 4’s, and twelve 3’s. Reading your recommendations I can guess your six 5’s but your scores for whatever other stories you reviewed are left out.

Surely one of the main jobs of a reviewer and the point of the exercise (especially since you’ve put it right up on the site) is to inform the Literotica visitor of both the good and the bad.

I’d like to suggest that on your third review story you list every story you’ve reviewed to date with the score you’ve given them. Should be relatively easy to do given that the review work is all done!

I’d also like to suggest to the next person who takes up the torch of contest reviewing that the system both darkboy and I used seems to me to be the preferable one. And by that I mean that every story entered in the contest is reviewed separately and rated. Since you’ve read and rated all the stories I believe it’s your duty as a reviewer to publish all your reviews.

Seeing I’m writing this critique I don’t want to get into the ludicrousness of you not reviewing the entry of the most “read author” on LITEROTICA. Suffice it to say that the general reading public would be much better served by you if you had reviewed it.

I will point out that you also didn’t review miss sarahhh’s entry, another glaring omission. One only has to glance at the Feedback Portal to see just how important a presence miss s is on our site. Whether you liked her story or not, or whether you like her or not, you certainly had an obligation to review it! I’d hazard a guess she’s received more feedback than the next ten stories in the contest combined.

For those of you who missed my effort at rating the “2006 NUDE DAY CONTEST” the thread can be found at http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=438967

I’m not sure where the thread darkboy made is but if one of you decides to take up the challenge in the future I’d advise contacting him and reading through it before proceeding.

And which LITEROTICAN could possibly take up the challenge of story reviewer in some future contest. Someone with enough intelligence and independence to do an honest job of it. I think both the moonman and the former miss kittyn would be perfect candidates.

jrs

p.s. sorry moonman you may find comments like the following entertaining and be willing to make excuses for “little jenny” but I won’t and I’ll continue to call her out on it.

And the story is still a low-end, poorly written stroker that is boring beyond belief, written by an egotisic little kid with a mouth the size of Texas and the manners of Grendal.

A. No, in my current Earth Day contest review, I have no responsibility to identify what I think is the bad along with the good. I'm making recommendations on what I think is the better--and indicating why by category.

B. I have "reviewed" every single entry--I didn't miss a single one. I've even "reviewed" the uncompleted series segments (and even have mentioned some in my reviews)--I'm just not throwing them in the rankings until/unless they are completed, because they aren't of equal value to the others until they are completed. I have given at least a category upper ranking for over half of the entries I reviewed--so that shouldn't leave much doubt where I ranked the rest of them--and, no, I see no need to say which was last or next to last. The recommendations are for winning (in my estimation) stories.

C. I most certainly have made differentiations in more detail than the rating numbering system--each and every ranking I gave--both by category and overall--is in a rank order from "most" best to "lesser" best (my subjective order). And I said they were.

D. I said in my introduction to the review that I'd use all the numbers except "1" (and that I considered anyone who made an effort deserved more credit than a "1"). Although I haven't used a "2" yet in overall rankings, I said in my last review that I came close to doing so. I won't manufacture a "2" rating just to have one any more than I'll manufacture a "5" rating.

E. The reviews reveal which story titles are included in my competitive rankings. I gave the number and range of posting dates each time. I've specifically said that the completed series count as one and the uncompleted series segments don't count at all yet. I identified one story as not being in the count because I had read and commented on it before it was submitted--so it can't be considered in my rankings (conflict of interest). Anyone who is interested in how the numbers balance and can count on their fingers and toes has all of the information needed to do that noted inside the reviews.

F. I did give recommendations on erotic value. These were ranked as a separate category. But "erotic" wasn't a contest requirement, so it's in the same boat as "single segment of a series" (or worse, lots of segments, each trying for equal consideration)--it doesn't compete equally with the other stories. (And, news flash--even if "erotic" was a key requirement, my overall ratings probably wouldn't change--at least in what I've read so far.)

G. I didn't consider who any of the authors were at all in ranking the specific story they have in the contest--and I've given superlatives to at least one author I've been at least iffy about in the past--and I was somewhat disappointed in the contest entries of more than one author whose stories I've enjoyed before. My review rankings are strictly from my subjective view of story (this story) quality.

H. I think posting the reviews where I have done is better than putting them here in the forum and would do it that way again if I reviewed again. You don't ever have to have even opened the forum to participate in the story contests. The story area of this Web site is where I put the reviews.

I. If my subjective rankings don't meet your expectations, you are certainly free to do your own subjective reviews--you certainly haven't been shy about plugging a couple of the entries on your own.

J. I knew "something" was bugging you and your alts last evening other than the threads you were commenting on. Don't you feel better about having it out in the open?

Last edited:
*chuckle* Yep, you can bet your bottom dollar that if scouries ventures outside his safe little fantasy world here in this thread that he's frothing at the mouth about somebody slighting his self-percieved greatness.

You may be surprised to hear this, scouries, but there are plenty of regulars who think that Jenny can be an asshole at times. She doesn't get a free pass.

The main difference between you and her is that she isn't an asshole more times than she is...

7787936ef14081657c6937b8f02317e00_large.jpg

Your turn.

Find that "Print Screen" button.

I've never used this quote button before but i'm hoping it will help me keep this pic for posterity.

And I gotta tell you this print screen thing is not that easy!

You prick, I hate it when you edit something before I get a chance to read it.

As to your reply I’ll deal with it piecemeal.

MINE You acknowledge the importance (on this site) of Erotic content but unfortunately you then fall down by saying, “I personally think that, this being an erotica site, stroke quotient should be a criteria too—but there seems to be some disagreement on that as a requirement, so I haven't assessed on that criteria”. I would have much preferred it if you had stuck to your guns and not tried to please everyone.

YOUR F: I did give recommendations on erotic value. These were ranked as a separate category. But "erotic" wasn't a contest requirement, so it's in the same boat as "single segment of a series" (or worse, lots of segments, each trying for equal consideration)--it doesn't compete equally with the other stories. (And, news flash--even if "erotic" was a key requirement, my overall ratings probably wouldn't change--at least in what I've read so far.)

We’re not far apart on this issue. We both agree that Erotic content is important for contest stories on the site. I simply believed you should of incorporated it directly into your ratings. You should have just stuck with what you said (in bold). Your “F” just muddies the waters of what was your relatively clear position.

MINE: Your choice of issuing your reviews as a NEW STORY instead of in the forums has both good and bad aspects. I like that it reaches a much wider audience this way but don’t particularly like it that they’re going to be separated into three or four different places. It might have worked better if you’d been allowed to just edit the first review and add your new ones to the original as finished. I think it would also work better if LAUREL left your review right on the EARTH DAY CONTEST page.

YOUR H: I think posting the reviews where I have done is better than putting them here in the forum and would do it that way again if I reviewed again. You don't ever have to have even opened the forum to participate in the story contests. The story area of this Web site is where I put the reviews.

I wasn’t trying to argue with you here. I’d assumed you’d made some arrangement with LAUREL to get your reviews up quickly. My suggestion was simply that I believe it would work better if you were allowed to update your original review instead of issuing a new one every few days. And I’d be quite happy to see it left on the EARTH CONTEST page or even the NEW STORY page throughout the contest.

RE YOUR I and J: ……..

C’mon man, I’d hoped we’d got to the point where you understood me a little better than this.

These little cheap shots are simply more evidence you’re moving away from the man you were and the type of forum you once wanted (and despaired for). I much preferred the smug, opinionated, rude guy who relied on intelligent argument and demanded the same in return.

jrs

tp…NOOOOO, definitely not! NEVER...

so…of course she gets a free pass…since I first ventured into this forum two and a half years ago it’s been the same old story…

You prick, I hate it when you edit something before I get a chance to read it.

As to your reply I’ll deal with it piecemeal.

MINE You acknowledge the importance (on this site) of Erotic content but unfortunately you then fall down by saying, “I personally think that, this being an erotica site, stroke quotient should be a criteria too—but there seems to be some disagreement on that as a requirement, so I haven't assessed on that criteria”. I would have much preferred it if you had stuck to your guns and not tried to please everyone.

YOUR F: I did give recommendations on erotic value. These were ranked as a separate category. But "erotic" wasn't a contest requirement, so it's in the same boat as "single segment of a series" (or worse, lots of segments, each trying for equal consideration)--it doesn't compete equally with the other stories. (And, news flash--even if "erotic" was a key requirement, my overall ratings probably wouldn't change--at least in what I've read so far.)

We’re not far apart on this issue. We both agree that Erotic content is important for contest stories on the site. I simply believed you should of incorporated it directly into your ratings. You should have just stuck with what you said (in bold). Your “F” just muddies the waters of what was your relatively clear position.

MINE: Your choice of issuing your reviews as a NEW STORY instead of in the forums has both good and bad aspects. I like that it reaches a much wider audience this way but don’t particularly like it that they’re going to be separated into three or four different places. It might have worked better if you’d been allowed to just edit the first review and add your new ones to the original as finished. I think it would also work better if LAUREL left your review right on the EARTH DAY CONTEST page.

YOUR H: I think posting the reviews where I have done is better than putting them here in the forum and would do it that way again if I reviewed again. You don't ever have to have even opened the forum to participate in the story contests. The story area of this Web site is where I put the reviews.

I wasn’t trying to argue with you here. I’d assumed you’d made some arrangement with LAUREL to get your reviews up quickly. My suggestion was simply that I believe it would work better if you were allowed to update your original review instead of issuing a new one every few days. And I’d be quite happy to see it left on the EARTH CONTEST page or even the NEW STORY page throughout the contest.

RE YOUR I and J: ……..

C’mon man, I’d hoped we’d got to the point where you understood me a little better than this.

These little cheap shots are simply more evidence you’re moving away from the man you were and the type of forum you once wanted (and despaired for). I much preferred the smug, opinionated, rude guy who relied on intelligent argument and demanded the same in return.

jrs

tp…NOOOOO, definitely not! NEVER...

so…of course she gets a free pass…since I first ventured into this forum two and a half years ago it’s been the same old story…

Seems you need to be speaking to Laurel on this, not me--and writing your own reviews to your own specifications.

You may be surprised to hear this, scouries, but there are plenty of regulars who think that Jenny can be an asshole at times. She doesn't get a free pass.

The main difference between you and her is that she isn't an asshole more times than she is...

Shit, Stella. I'll have to work on that an be much more assholish than I have been :kiss:

I rather like that line, actually :D

Last edited:
Here's a better one that won't clash with Gabby and the rest of his inflatable staff:

rubber_chicken.jpg

Are you saying you can't understand why some people are popular and you are not?

I would believe that, actually. Very few people come onto a forum and want to be disliked. The part that always surprises me is the way these people think they can be liked on demand-- ignoring the reasons why they got on the majority's wrong side in the first place.

Last edited:
another beautiful day in south florida....

[size=+2]
The Scouries Cure
[/size]

Miss Jenny There is absolutely no doubt that from time to time you do come up with some good lines my dear. i.e. “I keep looking at Scourie's listing and wondering how many WANKS committed by the unwashed masses are represented by the numbers…and…I bet if you commented on one of his stories, he'd send you a dick pic” - jj

In fact miss even your stories aren’t all bad. Some of them are quite good although I must say there is a lack of consistency in your output.

And you personally can’t be all bad. In my heart I know this. There is hope young lady. If we can only get you over this anti-male thing. To start the Scouries Cure I’d suggest the following:

And before you scoff I’d just like you to try to remember what cloudy was like before she took the Scouries Cure. WORSE THAN YOU!! And now look at her – a new woman. A happy…content…friendly…sweet…loving wife. Holding her cute little Chihuahua in her lap. Contemplating home ownership…motherhood. Finally settling down. Someone recently actually described her as SERENE….And it only took me nine weeks to effect this transformation...

So for you, to start,

1 – Change that Avatar thing! At one time (for a day or so) you had an excellent picture of a cute, barely covered rear end as your avatar. It was excellent. When someone saw it good thoughts about you flowed through their body. Then bingo, back to Miss BITCH. Remember miis jj, first impressions are extraordinarily important in life. And when someone looks at your avatar…

And ditch that meter thing and the diploma – move on.

I just clicked on the MySpace link in your signature and find some other babe smiling back at me. Maybe you should use her here on LITEROTICA – it’s certainly better than your LIT one.

2 – Bathe every morning after you get out of bed. And don’t forget your hair. I know that the Irish aren’t the most mindful group of people when it comes to personal hygiene but it’s important…both for your wellbeing and to those around you.

3 – Stand on your head for twenty minutes every morning. Getting a good blood flow going in your brain is especially helpful for people who wake up grumpy. You state, “I am the person I am when I get up in the morning.”, and jj, that is the problem in a nutshell. It’s what we have to fix!

4 – Eat a healthy breakfast. And no alcohol before noon!

5 – Buy a sun lamp. Then after breakfast each day, with lots of blood circulating in your brain and with clean hair, lie naked on a yoga mat on your bedroom floor and stretch sinuously for thirty minutes with the sun lamp on high, all the while chanting scouries…scouries…scouries…in your most alluring voice.

I’d suggest you try the above regime for a week or so and if you make any progress at all we can move onto phase two of your cure. That’s when we’ll start to address the whole PENUS ENVY issue.

doc scouries

Bathe every morning after you get out of bed. And don’t forget your hair. I know that the Irish aren’t the most mindful group of people when it comes to personal hygiene but it’s important…both for your wellbeing and to those around you.

Just another quick quote of bigotry to preserve it for posterity when he deletes his post later.

scouries_outhouse.jpg

Last edited:
We were talking about the differences between hating someone you care about-- and hating someone you don't give a flying fuck about. Your shitty little monologues do piss me off- I'd gladly strangle you for your scummy, scabby words. But I wouldn't care beyond that moment. Like swatting a mosquito-- no more whine, no second thought.

You know what, considering you're completely computer illiterate ( or faking it better than you do most things ) I'll accept the cut-n-paste text as written.

We'll ignore the rejected story, and the one from 2005. Let's just take your two most touted stories, and compare them to one from a similar time frame.

On 02/19/06 you release a story that earns 11K+ votes and 800k+ views
On 10/20/06 you release a story that earns less than 1000 and 100k+views
On 12/17/06 you release a story that earns 5k+ votes and 800k+ views

The numbers are absurd. 700,000 views less? 1 in 5 to 1 in 11 difference in votes? Nevermind that you're managing more views than the top vote-getting, most viewed, well-established, still posting writers in your own category. Even if that story in the middle only earned 1000 votes because people didn't like it, the drop of 700,000 views and then suddenly bouncing back up to 800k a couple of months later for your next most-touted posting is enough to fail the smell test on an epic scale.

If you aren't manipulating your numbers, some overzealous fan is. They are simply, completely, utterly outside the realms of realistic probability. Somebody, whether it's you or a fan, has a bot clicking those two stories hundreds of times a day, another adding new votes, and then comes in to drop new comments every so often.

And that's just from this small sampling of three. Put a few just before in there, more in the middle, and a few after, and the pattern becomes even more obvious.

Let's take the same three stories from SOL, where vote and view manipulation is much more difficult.

scouries_sol.jpg

It don't add up, scouries.

EDIT: Oh my god... I thought I was bad at photoshopping... whoever did that for you, scouries, I hope you didn't pay them much. You can see the artifacts of the photoshopping even in the *normal* image - never mind zooming *laugh*

Give me a break. You're just as selective in your outrage about that as you are with everything else. You're perfectly willing to accept that you have 800k worth of reading views on your two most self-tooted works, but unwilling to accept anything that dilutes your sense of self-greatness.

People have asked that question about "what is a view?" thousands of times to the powers that be. Since the question isn't getting answered, the odds are that it's considered answered in the FAQ. What I found isn't as clear as I'd like it, but it's clear enough for those in charge, obviously - so be it.

Oh, please do educate me. This should be funny as hell. I'll be waiting with bells on.

You'll have to pardon me if offending an inflate-a-date rates pretty low on my list of sins to atone for. It's somewhere several clicks below threadjacking and tearing the tags off of mattresses.

That picture is SO amateurly modified that it isn't even funny. Whoever did it didn't even try in the slightest to hide the artifacts of clearing whatever was there before, or the anti-aliasing of the font. Cripes, I suck at it and don't have the slightest compunction about saying it, but even I could do better than that!

I say again, I hope you didn't pay them much.

Maybe autographed copies of your manuscripts... That sounds like a fair trade for such crappy photochopping.

I'm honestly starting to believe that scouries isn't bright enough to even point-and-click some AOL script-kiddie vote and view bots, and that some "Misery"-class stalker fan of his is doing it :p

If he ever vanishes, we'll know he's tied to a bed somewhere in a remote cabin with broken legs.

D'you think a rubber dolly is capable of wielding a sledgehammer? :eek:

How the hell can you respond to a comment that has no return address? Have you ever noticed the "dear anonymous" thread in this forum? It was begun for that exact reason. :rolleyes:

Re "robots",
You seem to be imagining C-threepio, sitting at a computer pushing keys, kiddo. A bot is not the same thing-- it's an internet program that does one thing very rapidly, over and over. Google uses bots to read websites and enter them in their search engine, for instance. I wonder if you are dissembling-- I know there are plenty of people who think the internet happens by magic...

I often wonder how he reaches his keyboard when he's so bloated on unwarranted arrogance. I get this image in my head of Jabba the Hutt's stumpy arms flailing helplessly toward a keyboard salvaged from a TRS-80, with subtitles at the bottom that read "I don't see an any key!".

We now return you to scouries deluding himself that he's an expert in yet another area of endevor with absolutely no means to back it up.

Be sure to toss our dancing monkey a peanut on your way out.

A. No, in my current Earth Day contest review, I have no responsibility to identify what I think is the bad along with the good. I'm making recommendations on what I think is the better--and indicating why by category.

B. I have "reviewed" every single entry--I didn't miss a single one. I've even "reviewed" the uncompleted series segments (and even have mentioned some in my reviews)--I'm just not throwing them in the rankings until/unless they are completed, because they aren't of equal value to the others until they are completed. I have given at least a category upper ranking for over half of the entries I reviewed--so that shouldn't leave much doubt where I ranked the rest of them--and, no, I see no need to say which was last or next to last. The recommendations are for winning (in my estimation) stories.

C. I most certainly have made differentiations in more detail than the rating numbering system--each and every ranking I gave--both by category and overall--is in a rank order from "most" best to "lesser" best (my subjective order). And I said they were.

D. I said in my introduction to the review that I'd use all the numbers except "1" (and that I considered anyone who made an effort deserved more credit than a "1"). Although I haven't used a "2" yet in overall rankings, I said in my last review that I came close to doing so. I won't manufacture a "2" rating just to have one any more than I'll manufacture a "5" rating.

E. The reviews reveal which story titles are included in my competitive rankings. I gave the number and range of posting dates each time. I've specifically said that the completed series count as one and the uncompleted series segments don't count at all yet. I identified one story as not being in the count because I had read and commented on it before it was submitted--so it can't be considered in my rankings (conflict of interest). Anyone who is interested in how the numbers balance and can count on their fingers and toes has all of the information needed to do that noted inside the reviews.

F. I did give recommendations on erotic value. These were ranked as a separate category. But "erotic" wasn't a contest requirement, so it's in the same boat as "single segment of a series" (or worse, lots of segments, each trying for equal consideration)--it doesn't compete equally with the other stories. (And, news flash--even if "erotic" was a key requirement, my overall ratings probably wouldn't change--at least in what I've read so far.)

G. I didn't consider who any of the authors were at all in ranking the specific story they have in the contest--and I've given superlatives to at least one author I've been at least iffy about in the past--and I was somewhat disappointed in the contest entries of more than one author whose stories I've enjoyed before. My review rankings are strictly from my subjective view of story (this story) quality.

H. I think posting the reviews where I have done is better than putting them here in the forum and would do it that way again if I reviewed again. You don't ever have to have even opened the forum to participate in the story contests. The story area of this Web site is where I put the reviews.

I. If my subjective rankings don't meet your expectations, you are certainly free to do your own subjective reviews--you certainly haven't been shy about plugging a couple of the entries on your own.

J. I knew "something" was bugging you and your alts last evening other than the threads you were commenting on. Don't you feel better about having it out in the open?

We were talking about the differences between hating someone you care about-- and hating someone you don't give a flying fuck about. Your shitty little monologues do piss me off- I'd gladly strangle you for your scummy, scabby words. But I wouldn't care beyond that moment. Like swatting a mosquito-- no more whine, no second thought.

only the truth and nothing but the truth.

bury the asshole.

jacqui's computer skills...

her breasts...:rolleyes:

I’m still working on this - F11, prnt scrn, SysRq - thing. It turns out that Gabby’s cousin Jacqui’s computer skills aren’t quite as advertised. But breasts you could die for!

As she and Gabby frolicked topless in the surf this afternoon I forgave her for any lack of computer expertise. But I promise, I’ll figure it out eventually!

In the meantime I’ll just copy and paste a few more of my figures for your perusal:

Rose, My Italian Gardener Professor is seduced by alluring Rose.
4.70 378 26047 Mature (English) 08/25/06 approved

Public Comments: 7 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No
Public Comment Board: Yes No

Sam Gets Married Samantha learns from Daddy.
4.75 685 181287 Incest/Taboo (English) 09/29/05 approved

Public Comments: 33 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Sam Prefers Daddy Dad claims his daughter from her husband.
4.74 456 124395 Incest/Taboo (English) 10/12/05 approved

Public Comments: 15 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Scouries Family – Mandy's Story Mother gives into desires; seduces son, then dad.
4.71 564 88880 Incest/Taboo (English) 08/27/06 approved

Public Comments: 10 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Scouries Family: Chrissies Tale Big-cocked Southern boy awakens his aunt's lust.
4.73 833 93635 Incest/Taboo (English) 08/06/06 approved

Public Comments: 24 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Swimming with the Dolphins Can the Dolphins & Daddy help Sam at Christmas?
4.68 1571 79584 Incest/Taboo (English) 12/05/05 approved

Public Comments: 46 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

jrs

That must have been amazing -- scouries and two blow-up fuck dolls in the surf. Those round, red, open sores that are meant to be mouths... What a sight you must have been to the tourists!

scouries_views.jpg
scouries_votes.jpg

lmao.gif

Keep 'em coming. This should get even funnier as time goes along. Note: Only taboo stories and approved stories included.

And on the Earth Day story:

Damn this website.
04/11/08 by Anonymous in USA
It wouldn't let me vote '5' more than once. This story is clearly worth several more. Just like most of your stories. I always read anything you write.

There's part of the overblown statistics, in black and white.

Last edited:
QUOTE “There's part of the overblown statistics, in black and white.”

Well in fact darkboy it’s not. Can’t you read? “It wouldn't let me vote '5' more than once”

I do like your graph though. Very much! I tried once to post a table in one of my posts but was completely unsuccessful – the instructions made no sense. The fact that you can post a graph (did it come direct from Excel?) speaks of exceptional computer skills. Coupled with your photoshopping ability I’m relatively confident you can be a productive and employed citizen well into the future.

Any hints on how you got the graph up on LIT would be appreciated.

Below I add some more data for your tables and graphs. I’ve included some 2007 stories and one from 2008 so the graph can grow to the right. With luck the graph on the left will now have a breast like quality.

I would prefer it if in future you started the left hand axis (views and votes) at zero – this would give a much more accurate depiction of reality. Looking at the ‘votes’ graph for example it looks at first glance as if most of the stories have an insignificant number of votes. Of course you and I both know that stories with five, six, seven, eight and nine hundred votes are in fact spectacularly successful. It might be instructional for the uninformed viewer if you could put a red line on both graphs showing average number of views and votes for stories on the site. I’m sure you had no conscious intention of giving readers the wrong idea.

Another interesting graph might be one showing the percentage of viewers who actually voted on each story.

jrs

My Sister's Milk Brother tastes sister's forbidden drink.
4.77 622 178480 Incest/Taboo (English) 07/14/05 approved

Public Comments: 13 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

My Vietnamese Granddaughter Vet unknowingly seduces Asian granddaughter.
4.79 505 51910 Incest/Taboo (English) 02/08/07 approved

Public Comments: 38 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Nude Dancing # 01: Sis Teen dances for his sister Natalie…and Mom?
4.65 746 170386 Incest/Taboo (English) 06/29/07 approved

Public Comments: 23 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Nude Dancing # 02: Mom Bobby dances with his mom - and more.
4.73 711 87378 Incest/Taboo (English) 09/14/07 approved

Public Comments: 31 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

O'Scouries Valentines Day Wife Man leaves cheating wife on Valentines Day.
4.28 542 26384 Loving Wives (English) 02/05/08 approved

Public Comments: 57 Moderate Public Comments

Voting Status
Yes No

Dear Mr Scouries, I have just read a couple of your stories, and I'd like to submit a bit of constructive criticism, begging your forbearance.
Your dialogue seems a tad...trite. Have you ever considered making it more realistic? I think this would really add to the verisimilitude of your stories.
Your description of the physical act of sexual intercourse seems a bit...theoretical. Might I suggest that you physically indulge in the act yourself, at least once. After all, "write what you know" is creative writing 101, n'est ce pas?
Finally, I'd urge you to keep up the good work. Struggling writers need encouragement, and I hope you take this missive in that vein.

Yours etc

SeanH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back