The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream?
It's all right, we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
he always ate in the Steak Bar, he loved to drive in his Jaguar.

So welcome to the machine.

Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I.

But in the town, it was well known
When they got home at night, their fat and
Psychopathic wives would thrash them
Within inches of their lives.

I see that I displeased the darksideoflunacy by mentioning that my host has a totem pole in his front yard. I didn't know it was forbidden for anyone but west coast indians to possess a totem pole. I wonder what the penalty is for my 'fictional' characters to have one.

...and then he bashes my story with a low score.

Let it be known, I've never bashed another writer's story.

Now, you posted your little hissy fit message darksideoflunacy to show everyone who reads my story what a maladjusted lonely old man you truly are.

Nonetheless, I thank you for the support of your vote and for taking the time to write a comment.

I didn't bash your story. I gave you my honest opinion. Nothing more, and nothing less. I don't see what I wrote would constitute a hissy fit.

I'm sitting here with thoughts of all the people I have known in my life, thousands of people and everyone has a story to tell. This is where I get my stories and I have so many more stories to share. We are all so uniquely different.

My wife was obese and even her friends made fun of her behind her back. They were skinny bitches who couldn't hold a candle to the person that she was inside. Why don't we ban fat people from writing stories and posting here. Do you see what I mean, Scouries? Where do you draw the line?

Having worked as a Business Manager for a modeling agency on Newbury Street, I've known some beautiful people, people who you'd could not help but stare at them. Never do you see people like them walking the streets. Yet, most of them paled to my ugly friends in character and in substance.

I once had a job where I trained those who were addicted to drugs and those who abused alcohol. They were a pitiful bunch. Never have I seen people who were so lost, so out of touch, and so desperate. Everyone failed them, especially themselves. It was heart warming to see them smile when I gave them my time and a chance at earning a living and kicking their habit.

We should have a problem. When I think of some who never had a break and never had a chance, I'm a lucky man.

I like people. Definitely, even though some on this site may think otherwise of me, I'm a people person. I couldn't write stories about people if I didn't like people.

When I was a kid, I boxed in my uncle's gym. I was the only white kid there. I made a lot of friends. Only, once I left the gym, my sparring partners weren't my friends anymore. The ropes of the squared circle didn't allow prejudice, only talent to enter the mat. Yet, outside, they didn't want to know me.

I wanted to still be their friends and were hurt when they rejected me, but they were protecting me from harm. It was the 60's and Boston was a racist city, as it still is. Race is always an issue. I don't get it. What does it matter. It's just skin color. We are all the same.

I ban nobody from participating in life. We need everyone.

I had a terrible childhood, which is why I'm here. I was banned. Now, I'm accepted. I can chose who I hang around with. I can pick my friends. I'd be pissed if someone banned me from doing what I love to do, write.

I'd be hurt if no one read my stories. We all want the same things. Life is hard enough without making things worse.

I'm at a good place in my life right now. I found my passion. My passion is what carries me through my day. I'm miserable if I'm not writing.

Lighten up and let's work on making this site the best that we can make it. Once we do that, those who cannot conform will leave. We don't have to ban those people because they'll ban themselves. Right now, let's just accept.

If the majority of your posts were like this one, you'd have a lot more friends.

Get a life

Thank you Crimsonmaiden for your back handed compliment.

Friends? I'm not here to make friends. If I wanted friends, albeit cyber friends, I'd join Friendsrotica or Literofriends.

I'm here to write. With me, it's all about the story.

Darksideoflunacy, I still stand by what I wrote, I've never bashed another writer's story. You were looking for something, one tiny mistake (which wasn't a mistake) to stick your tiny dickhead through it.

Had you waited to read the rest of the story, you'd see that I explained why they had a totem pole in the front yard, not that this story is about a freakin totem pole to begin with. Yet, since you couldn't find anything else wrong with the story, you got an erection when you read totem pole.

Get a life.

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
You were caught on the cross fire of childhood and stardom,
blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger,
you legend, you martyr, and shine!

Darksideoflunacy, I still stand by what I wrote, I've never bashed another writer's story. You were looking for something, one tiny mistake (which wasn't a mistake) to stick your tiny dickhead through it.

Had you waited to read the rest of the story, you'd see that I explained why they had a totem pole in the front yard, not that this story is about a freakin totem pole to begin with. Yet, since you couldn't find anything else wrong with the story, you got an erection when you read totem pole.

Get a life.

Your writing was drab and colorless. You gave us a narrative, there was no attempt to develop your characters.

A good writer would have explained the incongruity of the totem pole.

Some of the family were on the reservation. Which one? Small details add authenticity to writing.

Happy Trails

The point is darksideoflunacy, even if a fellow writer on this site wrote about Dick and Jane going up the hill, I wouldn't bash their story but you did. That's the difference between us. I'm the better man.

And now you are trying to justify the mean and nasty commentary that you wrote. You can think of me what you want, but I'm a better person than you for not bashing fellow writers. You've revealed yourself for the mean man that you are.

As much as a certain someone on this site spread lies about me and wrote me nasty PM's, I never bashed her stories. What for? Did you get off on bashing my story? Did it make you feel good? Well, I'm happy for you. I have more stories posting, you can look forward to bashing those. Normally, you bash as anonymous. You were brazen today.

I'm not going to sit here and defend my story to you. You read one chapter, a brief background and expect everything laid out. My characters develop as the story unfolds. I don't know of any writer who fully develops his characters in the first chapter nor unless it is a very short story that everything mentioned in the story must be explained, such as the totem pole.

I'll let you in on a secret, darksideoflunacy, the real story doesn't happen until chapter 4. Only, I'm glad you have decided not to read any of my stories. I don't need anymore bashers reading my stories.

And I know this is not the first story of mine that you have bashed. You have a very identifiable diction, especially when it comes to word choice. You are as transparent as your urine on your saddle.

Go ride off into the sunset. If friends like you are those that I am missing by not being solicitious, than I don't need friends like you. I'd have a better chance of making a friend in a room full of violent criminals.

By the way, why are you even here? You haven't written a story in 4 years? Maybe you should buy a horse, saddle him up, and ride away. I'll even give you the money for the horse. Just give me your address where to send it. I'll have my guy Big Louie deliver my payment to you in person.

Happy trails.

The point is darksideoflunacy, even if a fellow writer on this site wrote about Dick and Jane going up the hill, I wouldn't bash their story but you did. That's the difference between us. I'm the better man.

And now you are trying to justify the mean and nasty commentary that you wrote. You can think of me what you want, but I'm a better person than you for not bashing fellow writers. You've revealed yourself for the mean man that you are.

As much as a certain someone on this site spread lies about me and wrote me nasty PM's, I never bashed her stories. What for? Did you get off on bashing my story? Did it make you feel good? Well, I'm happy for you. I have more stories posting, you can look forward to bashing those. Normally, you bash as anonymous. You were brazen today.

I'm not going to sit here and defend my story to you. You read one chapter, a brief background and expect everything laid out. My characters develop as the story unfolds. I don't know of any writer who fully develops his characters in the first chapter nor unless it is a very short story that everything mentioned in the story must be explained, such as the totem pole.

I'll let you in on a secret, darksideoflunacy, the real story doesn't happen until chapter 4. Only, I'm glad you have decided not to read any of my stories. I don't need anymore bashers reading my stories.

And I know this is not the first story of mine that you have bashed. You have a very identifiable diction, especially when it comes to word choice. You are as transparent as your urine on your saddle.

Go ride off into the sunset. If friends like you are those that I am missing by not being solicitious, than I don't need friends like you. I'd have a better chance of making a friend in a room full of violent criminals.

By the way, why are you even here? You haven't written a story in 4 years? Maybe you should buy a horse, saddle him up, and ride away. I'll even give you the money for the horse. Just give me your address where to send it. I'll have my guy Big Louie deliver my payment to you in person.

Happy trails.

If the real story doesn't start until chapter 4, what's the point of the first three chapters?

As much as you protest, I didn't and haven't bashed your story. Nor have I commented on anything else you may have written. Unlike the majority of people at this site, I have no problem signing my comments.

Your problem is that you can't accept honest criticism. I can, and have. Search back in the Story Discussion Circle, I've submitted three pieces there for critical review. I challenge you to do the same.

It's so quiet around here all of a sudden.

The silence around here, darksideoflunacy, is deafening.

No one is coming to your defense. Why is that? I'll tell you. It is because they have read your comment and believed that you bashed my story.

That's okay. Erin bashed my story, too. And that's okay with me, too.

Do you know why that is darksideoflunacy? Because I don't write my stories to win contests. I write my stories because I must, because I derrive pleasure from writing my stories, and because with each story I write I improve.

Now I don't give a rats ass what you think about anything.

No one is coming to your defense. Why is that? I'll tell you. It is because they have read your comment and believed that you bashed my story.

Do you know why that is darksideoflunacy? Because I don't write my stories to win contests. I write my stories because I must, because I derrive pleasure from writing my stories, and because with each story I write I improve.

Why does anyone need to come to my defense? I'm perfectly able to take care of myself.

I agree with your statement that with writing comes improvement. But, a writer must be able to face criticism for what they write, and they should be able to defend what they've written.

I think Dark can handle himself.

I'm not going to comment on the story, because I haven't read it. But I wouldn't anyway, because not matter what I said, you'd take it the wrong way.

Well, I read it. I'll just echo the same thing I said earlier about your work in general. I think it would benefit from some tightening after giving it a day or three to simmer before re-reading it.

In the case of this one, the narraration just doesn't catch me, and the story drops off for the next chapter before anything really takes off. Without dialogue and interaction, it just isn't holding me. I suspect that a combination of this chapter and the next might have done a better job of that. I know you're writing for survivor, but I think your stuff suffers for that a lot to crank up points.

There were a couple of sentences that stumbled a bit early on, as well. I got the meaning, but I had to read them twice and move things around before my brain would wrap around it. If you're interested, I'll pull out the actual lines and point out where I tripped up a little. I just kinda doubt you are...

Drkside didn't pull any punches, but I have to agree overall. It just isn't inspiring me to continue on to chapter 2. That's even harder to get over with a 24 hour lapse between chapters than if you could just turn the page.

Get help

Thank you Darkincaid.

I have a thick skin. I've been criticized by better than what is here. I've been in a dozen writers' workshops throughout Boston and Cambridge. Cambridge is the Mecca of writers who are loaded with serious creativity.

Now, if darksideoflunacy was so Hell bent on helping me with constructive criticism, why did he write so much non-applicable shit on his post to my story and why did he punctuate it with a score of 2.

If he was sincere that he only wanted to give me some constructive criticism, then the thing to do would be to e-mail me privately, send me a PM, and/or even write a comment on these pages.

Never would any of you do what he did to a fellow AHer who was part of your 'in crowd'.

Nah, what he and the other one did was not constructive criticism, I can take that. What they did is bashing.

Now, darksideoflunacy is trying to back track so that he doesn't look like the asshole that he is in front of his cyber friends by pointing the finger at me and saying that I can't take constructive criticism.

What do you do for laughs darksideoflunacy, pour gasoline on someone and light a match and then when they protest you tell them that they have no sense of humor and can't take a joke?

And he talks about Scouries turning on you and stabbing you in the back. Well, I'll take my pal Scouries any day to someone like darksideoflunacy. He's been nothing but a real friend on these pages to me.

Did you read his post to my story? He gave me a 5. He didn't bash me. Then, he sent me an e-mail telling me how to improve my story.

If bashing is the kind of support you offer to your fellow writers, then please don't read and/or comment to my stories. Yes, of course, I understand that I must be one of the 'in crowd' here to receive a score higher than a 3.

Yet, you guys are all revealing the trauma you experienced as children. Is this how you justify what happened to you when all the bullies beat you up after school and chased you home because you were a sensitive child and because you put your feelings to paper.

And now you have to take out your lunacy on me. Get help. Go see a shrink but leave my stories alone. I don't need any more bashers.

I don't vote if I can't give at least a three, and rarely put anything more than minor critique in a public comment, but that's just me. *shrug*

I know full well that many are of a mind that the full voting range from 1-5 is there for a reason, and that enabling public comments means you're asking for any feedback offered, from people telling you they did naughty things to themselves while reading, to horribly spelled attacks on your parentage and personal hygeine.

The perception of a giant AH clique is grossly overblown. Wandering into a political, religious, troll, or voting thread should reveal that.

I still don't like you much, BFW, and I readily admit that said feelings may have an impact on my perceptions of your work as well.

Thank you

Thank you Darknicaid for admitting that you don't like me much and that feeling may influence you as to your perception on my work.

I don't know you well enough to have feelings one way or the other about you personally. With that said, what does it matter if a cyber person likes me or doesn't like me.

I cyber friendship is much like having an imaginary relationship with Pamela Anderson in your dreams.

Besides, with me, as I have said over again, it is about the writing and about the story. Like me or not, respect me for my talent.

I've written 365 stories and 52 poems in 14 months. Respect me for the body of my work. Yes, I readily admit that all of my stuff if not good and may be not to your liking but some of it is very good and may be to your liking.

I respect your opinion. Thank you for expressing that while not bashing my work.

Thank you Darkincaid.

I have a thick skin. I've been criticized by better than what is here. I've been in a dozen writers' workshops throughout Boston and Cambridge. Cambridge is the Mecca of writers who are loaded with serious creativity.

Now, if darksideoflunacy was so Hell bent on helping me with constructive criticism, why did he write so much non-applicable shit on his post to my story and why did he punctuate it with a score of 2.

If he was sincere that he only wanted to give me some constructive criticism, then the thing to do would be to e-mail me privately, send me a PM, and/or even write a comment on these pages.

Never would any of you do what he did to a fellow AHer who was part of your 'in crowd'.

Nah, what he and the other one did was not constructive criticism, I can take that. What they did is bashing.

Now, darksideoflunacy is trying to back track so that he doesn't look like the asshole that he is in front of his cyber friends by pointing the finger at me and saying that I can't take constructive criticism.

What do you do for laughs darksideoflunacy, pour gasoline on someone and light a match and then when they protest you tell them that they have no sense of humor and can't take a joke?

And he talks about Scouries turning on you and stabbing you in the back. Well, I'll take my pal Scouries any day to someone like darksideoflunacy. He's been nothing but a real friend on these pages to me.

Did you read his post to my story? He gave me a 5. He didn't bash me. Then, he sent me an e-mail telling me how to improve my story.

If bashing is the kind of support you offer to your fellow writers, then please don't read and/or comment to my stories. Yes, of course, I understand that I must be one of the 'in crowd' here to receive a score higher than a 3.

Yet, you guys are all revealing the trauma you experienced as children. Is this how you justify what happened to you when all the bullies beat you up after school and chased you home because you were a sensitive child and because you put your feelings to paper.

And now you have to take out your lunacy on me. Get help. Go see a shrink but leave my stories alone. I don't need any more bashers.

You don't have a thick skin, not in the least. You immediately launch into a rant the moment someone criticizes you.

Show me where I have said "Scouries will turn on you etc."

In my opinion, and in only my opinion, your story didn't deserve anything more than a 2.

Now, grow up, and try to act like a man.

Actually, it was me who said scouries will turn on you when you eclipse his overblown sense of greatness.

I also have little doubt that if he isn't already undercutting you, he's gnawing on his own liver to avoid it.

And I stand by it :p

Thank you Darknicaid for admitting that you don't like me much and that feeling may influence you as to your perception on my work.

I don't know you well enough to have feelings one way or the other about you personally. With that said, what does it matter if a cyber person likes me or doesn't like me.

I cyber friendship is much like having an imaginary relationship with Pamela Anderson in your dreams.

Besides, with me, as I have said over again, it is about the writing and about the story. Like me or not, respect me for my talent.

I've written 365 stories and 52 poems in 14 months. Respect me for the body of my work. Yes, I readily admit that all of my stuff if not good and may be not to your liking but some of it is very good and may be to your liking.

I respect your opinion. Thank you for expressing that while not bashing my work.

Im sorry BFW, but this post says it all. The quote of the number of stories and poems just proves no-one should respect you for your body of work. The diarrhoea of emitting a thousand unedited, disorganised 750 word turds every day just proves you are not a writer, have no idea how to please an audience and are just a figure of fun amongst serious wannabe writers. Even scouries pisses on you as he uses you as a kind of eunuch in his attempt to destroy lit.

Your stuff thisyear falls seriously short of even being crap. You may win Survivor, but that will just prove the inanity of the contest. At the start, you wrote well, that has long gone.

Losers

Let's see, darksideoflunacy, you've gone from writing that the shit you wrote on my story was constructive criticism to now just criticism. I'm waiting for the leap when you write that you just bashed the shit out of my story because you hate me.

At least Darkincaid had the balls to write that.

Now, for the other Elfanhousen, whatever the fuck your name is, I've never written a 750 word story. You must have me confused with PrincessErin. She writes those little snippets of stories.

Yes, I have abbreviated the length of my stories after you 'nitwits' banded together to steal the Survivor contest from me last year.

No, I probably won't win it this year either. I'm really not that interested. I have bigger fish to fry.

It is a shame that the only time you losers get excited over something is when you see my name on a post. So sad that you don't have a life worth living. Maybe, you should discontinued your Prosac or Zoloft and just kill yourselves.

Because I'll never leave here. Do you think that I care about point scores, comments, bashing, and contests? I here to write. I'd be writing my stories if no one read them. That's what I did before I found this site and what I'll do should this site disappear.

You guys on the other hand would be lost without this site and without Scouries thread. None of you even have the mental capacity to start your own thread.

Those of you who bash my work are jealous that I'm able to write so many stories. That's all it is. Why else would you actually take the time to write a comment that a story is bad. If you believe the writer is bad or can't write, why would you continue reading that writer.

With you it's not about the story. With you it's about the bashing.

Take darksideoflunacy for an example. Every time he writes one of his stupid comments they are short, very short. Now, take my comments. Every time I write a comment, they are long, very long.

Who is the writer here? I'll give you a hint. Me!

Who is the basher here. I'll give you a hint. You!

You read. I write. You bash. I write.

Go write a story so that I can bash you. Alas, unlike you bunch of 'nitwits' and malcontents, I've never bashed another writer's story.

"Losers."

To be fair, drkside delivers the same hard-edge, no-punches-pulled critique to anyone. It's hardly just you. Look through the story feedback forum, and you'll see that he tells it as he sees it without any minced words. It's certainly more biting than I'm inclined to, but that hardly makes it any less valid or useful. Some might even argue that it cuts to the heart of the matter without trying to butter things up.

Let's see, darksideoflunacy, you've gone from writing that the shit you wrote on my story was constructive criticism to now just criticism. I'm waiting for the leap when you write that you just bashed the shit out of my story because you hate me.

At least Darkincaid had the balls to write that.

Now, for the other Elfanhousen, whatever the fuck your name is, I've never written a 750 word story. You must have me confused with PrincessErin. She writes those little snippets of stories.

Yes, I have abbreviated the length of my stories after you 'nitwits' banded together to steal the Survivor contest from me last year.

No, I probably won't win it this year either. I'm really not that interested. I have bigger fish to fry.

It is a shame that the only time you losers get excited over something is when you see my name on a post. So sad that you don't have a life worth living. Maybe, you should discontinued your Prosac or Zoloft and just kill yourselves.

Because I'll never leave here. Do you think that I care about point scores, comments, bashing, and contests? I here to write. I'd be writing my stories if no one read them. That's what I did before I found this site and what I'll do should this site disappear.

You guys on the other hand would be lost without this site and without Scouries thread. None of you even have the mental capacity to start your own thread.

Those of you who bash my work are jealous that I'm able to write so many stories. That's all it is. Why else would you actually take the time to write a comment that a story is bad. If you believe the writer is bad or can't write, why would you continue reading that writer.

With you it's not about the story. With you it's about the bashing.

Take darksideoflunacy for an example. Every time he writes one of his stupid comments they are short, very short. Now, take my comments. Every time I write a comment, they are long, very long.

Who is the writer here? I'll give you a hint. Me!

Who is the basher here. I'll give you a hint. You!

You read. I write. You bash. I write.

Go write a story so that I can bash you. Alas, unlike you bunch of 'nitwits' and malcontents, I've never bashed another writer's story.

"Losers."

I don't recall where I've ever stated that I hate you. I don't hate anyone. Hate is a waste of time and emotion.

I try to keep my comments concise, and germain to the discussion at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back