The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again.

This is nuts that I am here, yet, again defending myself.

Let the record show that I have never, ever attacked another author nor have I ever bashed another author's story, as others authors have done to me.

Now, of course, I have defended myself against the attacks of authors, who I shall not name. We all know who they are.

Nonetheless, I really want this crap to end. I'm just here to write my stories. As proof of that, I offer the 400 stories that I have written since January 2007.

There are those who don't like what I write. There are those who think that I am a hack. You are entitled to your opinions, just as I am entitled to mine. Yet, when someone shits on my story and leaves a snail's trail by posting their name, then I'm going to defend my work.

That being said, I mind my own business. You don't see me here insulting anyone who has not insulted me first.

Good night. I have stories to write.

This is nuts that I am here, yet, again defending myself.

Let the record show that I have never, ever attacked another author nor have I ever bashed another author's story, as others authors have done to me.

Now, of course, I have defended myself against the attacks of authors, who I shall not name. We all know who they are.

Nonetheless, I really want this crap to end. I'm just here to write my stories. As proof of that, I offer the 400 stories that I have written since January 2007.

There are those who don't like what I write. There are those who think that I am a hack. You are entitled to your opinions, just as I am entitled to mine. Yet, when someone shits on my story and leaves a snail's trail by posting their name, then I'm going to defend my work.

That being said, I mind my own business. You don't see me here insulting anyone who has not insulted me first.

Good night. I have stories to write.

Whatever.

I wouldn't be too concerned, Boston. The poster you're referring to has a miniscule number of posts and is hiding behind an anonymous name. They won't even post using their regular handle. Do you really think they're worth the energy expended in replying to them?
I don't.

We all know who she is.

Actually, Starrkers, if you read her last post, it reads like a fingerprint. She writes her stories the same way. She must think us all stupid. We all know who she is.

The funny thing about writers, we can't hide who we are. It's impossible, especially when writing a longer piece as she had stupidly done. Now, had she written a brief reply, that'd be more difficult to trace back to her.

I have an ear for the meter and the diction.

So, the fact that I know who she is makes it all the more frustrating for me because for such a bright woman, she's really dumb to think that we all wouldn't know who she is by posting under an alias.

Thanks for your reply.

ann_on_em_es;27058173 said:
And the most popular authors on this site write ROMANCE, hence they're women.

I write romance? Really?

I do??

Wow. News to me.

A few, here and there. But mostly...? I don't think so.

are you referring to me?

...probably not!

starrkers QUOTE So, who knows Laurel and/or Manu well enough to draw their attention to the last couple of pages of this thread and maybe actually get a response?

My own solution is simple - NO ORANGE OR PINK OR RED H's at all. Just post the actual score next to the story...and preferably with the number of votes cast next to it...

And vis-a-vis this tired old pilot - moonman saga. I think by now we all understand the moonmans position on publicity etc., etc. Some may agree with him, others disagree. But mr pilot, your continued baiting of him serves no purpose - its counterproductive and rude. Please do it on somebody elses thread if you can't control yourself in future.

jrs

...probably not!

starrkers QUOTE So, who knows Laurel and/or Manu well enough to draw their attention to the last couple of pages of this thread and maybe actually get a response?

My own solution is simple - NO ORANGE OR PINK OR RED H's at all. Just post the actual score next to the story...and preferably with the number of votes cast next to it...

And vis-a-vis this tired old pilot - moonman saga. I think by now we all understand the moonmans position on publicity etc., etc. Some may agree with him, others disagree. But mr pilot, your continued baiting of him serves no purpose - its counterproductive and rude. Please do it on somebody elses thread if you can't control yourself in future.

jrs

Did "owning" threads come with your royalty agreement, JRS? :D

Well, guess what, toots.

your continued baiting of him serves no purpose

This from the king of baiting :eek: :rolleyes:

This is the thread on which we talk about almost everyone else-- except scouries.:D

Well, once in a while. :D:D

monthly update...

Monthly recap for April plus 2008 Y.T.D. sales and vote figures​

April was another great month for ScouriesWorld as sales again broke through the quarter million mark. All of us wish to take this opportunity to humbly thank the thousands of readers who chose one of the bosses works this month. And a special thanks to those of you who took the extra time to vote and/or send him a comment.

Sales April 2008: 255,708

Total Sales YTD: 998,640 (a 196,348 sales increase over the corresponding period last year!)

Votes March 2008: 1308

Total Votes YTD: 7472 (15% more than the same period in 2007)

Highlights of the month:

*Mr. Scouries EARTH DAY CONTEST entry was warmly received by the critics as well as the reading public (amassing more votes/views than any other entry).

* “Daddy,” I whispered, a story published in February 2006 is now the 50th MOST READ STORY in site history.

* And now at #52 on the MOST READ STORY list, “Oh Mommy,” I Groaned, is not far behind.

* The ScouriesWorld thread, the most popular thread on the site, will be celebrating it 1st Anniversary this week with parties in New York and Miami. The “ROYALS” are planning on attending!

* The Literotica 1000+ Vote Club, a joint effort of ScouriesWorld and Literotica continues to be an immense success with both our readers as well as with the brilliant authors who have become members.

* Mr. Scouries continues to be a popular visitor to GB land.

The boss is presently hard at work putting the finishing touches on three new stories, all of which hopefully will debut in May. One, if finished in time, will be his official entry in the HOW TO Contest.

May should also see another scouries story join the 100,000+ reader club as well as seeing another join the 1000+ VOTE CLUB.

The boss and I are also hard at work on developing another club/thread, this one honoring our authors who have written 100+ COMMENT stories.

Thanks everyone,

Bye for now, [size=+2]Gabby[/size]

where else would I be???

QUOTE ANN I AM AN ASS – one of her 3 posts! scouries: And why is it that it’s the female LITEROTICANS who are always leading the pack?

This sounds like jealousy…. And the most popular authors on this site write ROMANCE, hence they're women.

If you browse through other sites similar to Literotica, you will find that the most popular authors there are female as well. Maybe you can go harrass them and stink up their sites for a bit, I'm sure you'd be welcomed with open arms (and a can of industrial strength deodorant.)

So when are you and BFW setting the date for your next secret tryst? I know you're both giddy with excitement over seeing one another naked again.

Another Female AHer afraid to identify herself. And as the pilot pointed out women aren’t the most popular here. Besides the FAVORITES LIST you might check the MOST READ LIST and the 1000+ VOTE CLUB membership. Men dominate both.

But why add these cheap shots? This Industrial strength deodorant crap? And why besmirch Fredies good name?

QUOTE ANN I AM AN ASS My question, is Scouries ever interested in starting a list where he wouldn't be prominent?

Yes, my dear, I had the wonderful
[SIZE=+2] “the OFFICIAL SCOURIES whiners” thread CLUB for 2007[/size]​
last year (on which you figured prominently I might add) as well as the

[size=+2]”ScouriesWorlds[/size] new friends from [size=+2]GB Land” list[/size].

QUOTE Pilot …Second, I too wondered about that first Scouries comment. First, Scouries himself is a regular AHer, by definition, and, second, yes, he habitually attacks more than one popular author here himself.

NONESENSE! UTTER NONSENSE!

QUOTE Pilot Later: I can't resist, in the interest of fairness (and amusement), to point out that both Scouries and BOSTONFICTIONWRITER are included on that top 50 "favorite" list.

Where else would we be?

jrs

I'm confused

Scouries, what are all those sales numbers?

Are those your hits? Or are you actually paid a commission.

I have 5 million hits so far. I would have had closer to 10 million, but I pulled all those stories last year, most of which were incest stories that collected lots of hits.

I was just wondering what all the numbers meant, is all. I don't mean any disrespect. I'm not being smart, I just don't understand what they represent.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if I was paid a penny a hit, 1/10th of a penny a hit. Wow!

Think of all the hungry homeless people I could feed with that donation.

Scouries, what are all those sales numbers?

Are those your hits? Or are you actually paid a commission.

I have 5 million hits so far. I would have had closer to 10 million, but I pulled all those stories last year, most of which were incest stories that collected lots of hits.

I was just wondering what all the numbers meant, is all. I don't mean any disrespect. I'm not being smart, I just don't understand what they represent.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if I was paid a penny a hit, 1/10th of a penny a hit. Wow!

of course he's not paid anything. He just wants everyone to think he is.

on royalties...

FREDDIE QUOTE Scouries, what are all those sales numbers? Are those your hits? Or are you actually paid a commission. I have 5 million hits so far. I would have had closer to 10 million, but I pulled all those stories last year, most of which were incest stories that collected lots of hits. Gee, wouldn't it be nice if I was paid a penny a hit, 1/10th of a penny a hit. Wow!

FREDDIE – We at ScouriesWorld report our monthly LITEROTICA sales figures publicly in the interests of full disclosure. We believe that transparency is the first step on the road to enlightenment.

As to the term “commission”, we don’t use it. The more correct term would be “AUTHOR ROYALTIES”.

I have to say that you made a mistake in removing stories with almost 5 million views. During contract negotiations it’s very important to have all your numbers out front and public. The “ROYALS” don’t fool around when it gets down to the nitty gritty of discussing money.

Total reads, total votes and total comments are all very important elements in the negotiating process. As are average reads, views and comments per story. It’s also important to be on the FAVORITE author list, the FAVORITE story list, have 1000+ VOTE CLUB membership as well as being on the MOST READ list. Being a leading THREADMASTER is also helpful.

I believe that given your success and fame on the site over the past year (in the SURVIVOR contest, number of comments received, popularity, the interest you generated for the site in the DK war, FAVORITE list membership, etc.) that you are on the cusp of becoming a ROYALTY earning LITEROTICAN yourself. Just don’t sell yourself short (1/10th of a penny won't do). REMEMBER FAME PAYS!

jim

why the fuck is this still here?

people post and allow it to go on..........sigh.

Didn't you ever have an itch that you just couldn't leave alone? Even though you're tearing layers of skin off you cannot resist, and you just keep clawing and scratching at it?

That's this place. It's irresistible. And if it wasn't here, it would be someplace else, or maybe a whole lot of places. I think it's way more entertaining than deciphering Paula Abdul.

and if we didn't all feel the same way, we could ignore it into oblivion.

scratch away, fellow infectees.

FREDDIE – We at ScouriesWorld report our monthly LITEROTICA sales figures publicly in the interests of full disclosure. We believe that transparency is the first step on the road to enlightenment.

As to the term “commission”, we don’t use it. The more correct term would be “AUTHOR ROYALTIES”.

I have to say that you made a mistake in removing stories with almost 5 million views. During contract negotiations it’s very important to have all your numbers out front and public. The “ROYALS” don’t fool around when it gets down to the nitty gritty of discussing money.

Total reads, total votes and total comments are all very important elements in the negotiating process. As are average reads, views and comments per story. It’s also important to be on the FAVORITE author list, the FAVORITE story list, have 1000+ VOTE CLUB membership as well as being on the MOST READ list. Being a leading THREADMASTER is also helpful.

I believe that given your success and fame on the site over the past year (in the SURVIVOR contest, number of comments received, popularity, the interest you generated for the site in the DK war, FAVORITE list membership, etc.) that you are on the cusp of becoming a ROYALTY earning LITEROTICAN yourself. Just don’t sell yourself short (1/10th of a penny won't do). REMEMBER FAME PAYS!

jim

Crap Crap and More Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back