The Purple Thistle

She was glad that Alexander took her suggestion well, for she really did not feel up to an evening of sleeping out in the elements. Ever since Percy’s maid had arrived at the manor and given her the message from her Alexander, her world had been turned upside down.

Part of her had worried for her husband. Alexander was an honorable man, and she had feared that he would feel it necessary to fight for her honor. And while Alexander might do so, and could probably win an honorable duel, Percy was dishonorable and not above fighting with all the underhandedness of a totally dishonorable man. Lie, cheat, steal - all of those and then some. He certainly was one to covet his friend’s wife. And if he had done something so despicable as injure her Alexander, she would be sure to run a sword through the disgusting man’s body.

Now, all she really wanted to do was eat and sleep beside her husband. To be held in his arms. To know that she carried his child within her and was safe beside him.

But apparently Alexander had a different idea of spending the evening as he sat down wanting her to do some sexy dance for him while removing her clothes. His eyes lit up as she tried. She tried. She really tried but just was not able to and turned away. The last thing that she felt was sexy. She was hungry and tired and really did not feel like the dancing girl entertaining the Far East potentate. And memories of her husband standing in a bedroom with a naked Percy and a naked Bella and a half naked strange woman and with his manhood hanging out of his breeches danced through her head. And what really preyed on her mind was that his member was already starting to rise.

She turned away and he finally realized that she was not happy.

I rather jumped the gun there my love you said we should eat first then we get to grips eh m'dear?

Nodding, she kept her back to him and fastened her jacket back up. When she turned back around, the hint of her tears were gone and instead she gave him a weak smile.

“While I am still able to keep my food down, let us eat. Maybe if I am careful I can avoid seeing it come back up.”

Alexander's face showed his disappointment as Veronique buttoned up her jacket again, her back was to him and he didn't see the tear roll down her cheek but then she turned toward him with a weak smile on her face,

'While I am still able to keep my food down, let us eat. Maybe if I am careful I can avoid seeing it come back up.'

He saw the tiredness in her eyes and the strain of facing Percy and his two whores and hearing of his plans for her had all taken their toll. His beloved Veronique was exhausted.

"My dearest, I am nothing more than a selfish fool, thinking only of my own pleasure, of course you should eat and hopefully you will be able to keep it down, afterwards I will not make any demands of you save the warmth of your love and the heat of your body."

He called the innkeeper and asked if they might be served their meal in their room, citing his wife's delicate condition but not giving away what that condition might be.

Emily, the innkeeper's wife brought them piping hot beef broth and some bread rolls,

"The broth is only lightly spiced, Ma'am, should settle your tummy and the little one too," She smiled and chuckled knowingly as she withdrew.

"How the devil did she know? I swear I did not say a word."

The meal was delicious even though it was at such short notice and the soup bowls and rolls were cleared.

"That was wonderful," said Alexander patting his tummy, "How are you my love? Will you keep it down do you think?"

He sat on the edge of the bed and began to disrobe, his riding boots proving too big an obstacle so he kept them on along with his breeches. He watched as Veronique also undressed completely and he took her hand and sat her on his knee, they embraced and kissed before snuggling down together. Alexander's hand cradling her breast and Veronique's hand inside his breeches cupping his balls. A picture of true love.

Last edited:
Alexander finally seemed to understand that for today, she had rather reached her limit as to energy. She was physically and emotionally exhausted. The soup was very lightly spiced and did sooth her tummy, just as the woman had stated. At first, she thought that her husband had managed to let slip her condition, but her swore to her that he had not in the least. But if the truth were known, she really did not mind people knowing. She was proud to carry his child within her. She was proud to be Alexander’s wife, and not in name only.

There was no sex between them that night. Instead they cuddled and comforted each other. That night they discovered that they were truly a married couple. That despite the hardships that should occur, they would stand beside one another. That marriage is not all sex and fun, it’s being there through thick and thin, through hard times and fun.

The next morning was cloudy and the sun periodically would peek out from behind the greyness. She was happy that surprisingly there was no sickness - the soup had stayed down. With the sun came the innkeeper’s wife, her perpetually cheerful face was at the door and she carried a full breakfast for Alexander and a light breakfast for Veronique.

“Gotta keep that little one fed. You eat it real nice and slow now.”

The dry toast and some weak tea was what she had and it seemed to help eating it slowly.

Alexander helped her dress before dressing himself and soon they were heading downstairs to pay the bill and head home. Between the two of them it was quiet though the air was not strained.

Somehow, she felt a bit guilty. Because of her, Alexander’s long time friendship seemed no more. But she knew that she had never encouraged the man. She was a faithful wife and would never even consider such a thing.

Once they were on their way, with the sun still playing hide and go seek, Alexander sat beside her in the carriage, his horse tied up to the back of it. After a bit, she leaned into him and he put his arm around her shoulders.

“Alexander, I know that Percy was your friend. And I tried to accept him to be “our” friend. But it is as if there is an evil within him. I know that he...”. She paused before continuing. “Or rather you and the group that rescued those French nobles in need. But when was the last time that he went over? You said that he abandoned you and the men last trip. So does that mean that whoever it was to be rescued is now dead? And what about the others? Are they to die to?”

She waited as the sun suddenly peeked out through a break in the clouds.

Alexander was perfectly happy to just lay with his beautiful young wife and explore her young nubile body in a way that he had never done before, possibly because on all previous occasions they had always ended up making love but on this occasion Veronique was tired and exhausted, Alexander recognised this and even though his body betrayed him he didn't force the issue and Veronique played her part, using her hands and fingers to relieve his tensions.

Breakfast was a feast in itself although Veronique had a very light meal which she managed to keep down for which he was most thankful

Once they were on their way after Alexander had managed to find a coachman to drive the coach so he could sit in the coach with his wife. They didn't speak much to begin with, each of them with their own thoughts. Then Veronique leaned against him and put her head on his shoulder, instinctively Alexander put his arm around her and everything was back to normal. Out of the blue Veronique asked him a question on a matter to which he had not given any thought to.

'Alexander, I know that Percy was your friend. And I tried to accept him to be “our” friend. But it is as if there is an evil within him. I know that he....'

She paused before continuing.

'Or rather you and the group that rescued those French nobles in need. But when was the last time that he went over? You said that he abandoned you and the men last trip. So does that mean that whoever it was to be rescued is now dead? And what about the others? Are they to die too? '

Alexander considered his words carefully before he replied

"My dearest love it seems that Percy has a malaise that I think only a doctor of the mind can treat. It pains me deeply to say it but perhaps he belongs in an asylum.
I cannot answer the second part of your question with any certainty, I am not even certain that the expedition where he feigned injury was genuine or not or just a ruse to get me out of the way. It is clear that without our help many more will die. I shall call a meeting of all our members and decide what can be done. Of course, as you are a named member of our band you should be present but as your condition prevents you from making any lengthy journeys the meeting will be held at our home, I will send messengers to all concerned to attend one week from today"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Percy's mind was playing tricks on him as he ravaged Bella's tight brown hole and Caroline used her tongue to lubricate his shaft as it plunged in and out. He was sure that it was Veronique that lay beneath him spreading her dainty white arse for his pleasure, he slapped her fat little belly believing that it was he that had impregnated her and bred her as she had always intimated that she wanted him to.

It was only when he had discharged his creamy load inside her that he saw Bella's bruised and battered buttocks and heard Bella whimpering her need to be thrashed.

"BE SILENT GIRL!" He growled, "How dare you try to replace MY Veronique in my affections, she was here and now she is gone, what have you two witches done with her?"

Last edited:
She smiled as he spoke. In a way, it was touching that now that they knew that she carried his child that he wished to keep her out of harms way. But it was also a bit frustrating as her days of adventure would now be over. From now on she would be a wife and mother, nevermore a young lady or an adventurous woman. She would probably even have to sneak in fencing lessons.

The rocking of the carriage seemed to upset her stomach and it soon became necessary to stop long enough to throw up by the side of the road. Alexander gallantly aided her and once they were back in the carriage heading home, he wrapped his arms around her and soon she fell asleep.

The trip back was relatively less stressful than the wild dash out there yesterday and when Alexander woke her, they were only about half a mile from home.

Bella was relatively happy as Sir fucked her arse. She had been afraid that the stuck up slut Veronique would want to stay to be fucked by Sir’s strong magnificent cock. In fact, she was quite glad that the bitch was already pregnant by her pasty-faced husband.

A squeal escaped her lips as he slapped the fat swell where Marcel’s baby grew. As if unhappy with that, the baby moved, giving a kick back. Faster and faster he went until he thrusted deep into her bowels and she felt the warmth of his cum inside her.

Now her body craved a spanking as only her Sir could do it and she whimpered her need.

BE SILENT GIRL! How dare you try to replace MY Veronique in my affections, she was here and now she is gone, what have you two witches done with her?

“Sir, the woman in question left with her husband. Neither of them would even take a bite of the food that you had me prepare. They both announced their displeasure at you and promptly left.”

Amabella looked back over her bare ass, his seed seeping out of her ravaged hole. “Veronique fairly spit in your face and called you horrible names.” She paused. “But you have us, you have me, Sir. We are not witches. I am your woman.”

Alexander was like a mother hen , clucking over Veronique when she begged for the carriage to halt so she could empty her stomach outside of the carriage but as neither of them had eaten for a while Veronique was retching but bringing nothing up. Alexander did what he could by rubbing her back and when she was done he helped her back into the carriage and held her close to him so she could rest her head on his shoulder and sleep, When she finally woke their home was in sight and on arrival at the front door he sprang out calling for Anna to come and attend to her mistress and sending one of the footmen to fetch Doctor Fredrik.

He hung around fussing, frustrated by the fact that there was nothing he could do. The Doctor came post haste and examined Veronique thoroughly and set Alexander's mind at rest,

"'Tis only exhaustion Lord Vernay, I suggest that she rests for a day or two, she tells me that she has been to Yorkshire and back in a short space of time with very little sleep, you should really take more heed of what your wife is doing, excessive tiredness is not good for either your wife or the child she is carrying,"

With earnest thankfulness Alexander assured the doctor that Veronique would not leave her bed for at least two days and even then she she would not be asked to lift a finger.

"One more thing Sir, in case you were wondering once your good lady has recovered you may wish to re-establish relations, gently though, I believe it is an ideal way to relieve stress."

Alexander's face beamed at the news, he had worried that it might be harmful if he made love to his wife at this time but now the doctor had relieved him of that worry and he hurried to Veroniques bedside to give her the news.

'Veronique fairly spit in your face and called you horrible names. But you have us, you have me, Sir. We are not witches. I am your woman.'

Percy considered her words carefully, she was right, even though he longed to have Veronique's young supple body beneath him it was not something that would happen soon, in the meantime there were two very capable and willing shapely women available to him at any time, they seemed to enjoy his little quirks like taking them both to his bed at once and performing such lewd acts upon each other for his entertainment.

"Oh my little spitfire of a whore, you are right, you both belong to me, I own you both, body and soul, you wish for a beating then a beating you shall have, lay on your back and spread your legs."

With a big smile Bella did as she was told , this was different, usually he thrashed her tender little ass but what now?

The first blow of the crop on her mound was painful and Bella squealed in surprise but as her Sir kept beating her between her legs on her sensitive little button and on the pink slit below it she slowly felt a warm glow and her hips bucked to meet each and every blow until she shuddered and her juices flowed freely.

Veronique was surprised at how exhausted she was. She had been so worried about Alexander that she had allowed herself to get run down. She had not been eating properly and throwing up most of her food had not helped either. She was angry with herself for that. She had always been a healthy person so all of this was relatively new for her.

And Alexander worrying over her had touched her. Despite everything, he did love her. Now if they could just keep Percy and Bella and all that ilk out of their lives then it would be better.

She had tried to tell Alexander that she didn’t need Doctor Fredrick but he ignored her and soon she was looking up in the Doctor’s kindly face.

“Now, young lady, trust you to be causing all this uproar. Just what have you been doing to cause your husband to send for me?”

Veronique waved him off before finally telling him only that she had had a very quick round trip to Yorkshire with very little time for sleep.

“And eating?”

“I did manage to keep down some soup last night but the baby has made me throw up everything else.”

“That will soon pass. I’m noting though that you do look a bit thin. And there is a worried look on your face. You must remember that you now carry a child within you. You cannot go larking about without a care in the world. I want you to stay in bed for a day or two, sleeping and relaxing. You want to have a healthy child? Then take care of yourself! Calm yourself and take it easy.”

She couldn’t very well tell Doctor Fredrick just why she had done what she had. But she believed that had she not turned up when she had, things could have turned out rather badly. So she just laid there looking rather contrite.

She could hear the mumbled voices of Doctor Fredrick’s deep voice talking to Alexander’s tenor voice talking out in the hall. Soon, her husband came rushing in, fussing over her and smoothing her hair back and giving her kisses. He was rather excited as he told her that once she got her strength back after a couple of days of rest, they could once again be intimate. For several minutes there was hand holding and whispered professions of love between the two of them, with Alexander doing something so sweet. Climbing on top of the bed, he pulled back the covers and started to lift the night gown that she wore. He pet the mama and baby heart that was clipped on her mon before laying his ear against the tiny bulge where the baby grew. And then for quite some time he spoke to the baby growing inside her, petting the little bulge in her stomach. Smiling, she stroked his hair, touched by his actions. He seemed to listen as if expecting a reply from the baby. The petting of those hearts was the closest thing to anything sexual that he did, which was quite fine with her for the moment as she found herself suddenly tired again.

“Can you hear anything?” She asked him teasingly, her fingers continuing to stroke his hair.

“Love, I suspect that you will need to announce our future arrival. Rest assured that rumors are already spreading amongst the servants as to the need for you to rush me upstairs and the calling of Doctor Fredrick. We might as well let them know that it is for a good reason and not a bad one.”

Tenderly he kissed her and kissed her tummy before pulling her gown back down and rolling off the bed. Once he had left, Anna took over, helping her to the chamber pot and getting her settled again in bed. The maid closed the drapes and soon Veronique was sound asleep and dreaming of babies.

It appeared that Veronique was as happy as he was with the news that they could recommence their marriage properly in just a couple of days and amidst much kissing and hand holding Alexander promised her the night of her life, describing in minute detail what he was going to do to her. Then he climbed on the bed and threw the covers back and lifted Veronique's night gown and sat for a minute petting the heart shapes so carefully trimmed on her mons. With a big smile on his face he bent over the small bump in Veronique's belly,

"I hope you weren't listening to Daddy's promise to your Mummy what he has planned for her, 'twas was not meant for such tender ears as yours little one."

He grinned up at Veronique and put his ear on her belly,

"What's this? you have nothing to say about it? P'raps I am mistaken and you were asleep and did not hear, 'tis for the best, it is grown up stuff that you will learn in the future, always remember, Mummy and Daddy love you."

Alexander grinned sheepishly and lowered Veronique's nightdress and kissed his stunned wife and left. When he returned a couple of hours later Veronique was fast asleep, snoring gently with her hands resting on her baby bump. Alexander smiled benignly at her and slipped in beside her being careful not to wake her.

Bella did not have the luxury of a caring loving man to take care of her and the baby she was carrying. Percy didn't seem to care if he killed the unborn babe or even Bella, he fucked and beat her every night, Bella was afraid that he would harm Marcel's child, the only thing remaining of her previous life and once she asked him not to beat her so hard on her mons and pussy, that was a grave mistake as he flew into a rage and beat her even harder muttering evil things about her and her baby,

"Why should I care what happens to the bastard? It is not mine, you say it is the doing of one person but for all I know it could be that you fucked all the guards when you were incarcerated and the bastard could belong to any of them."

Caroline listened at the door and wept for Bella and decided that they had to get away from this half crazed madman before he did indeed kill one or both of them.

The next morning, Veronique awoke with slowly to find Alexander’s arm draped possessively and protectively over her and the baby growing within her body. She carefully tried to slip out from under his grasp but Alexander quickly awoke and pulled her back to him, kissing her sleepily.

“Love, let me go. I need the use of the chamber pot.”

And with that he reminded her of Doctor Fredrick’s words. He tumbled out of bed and proceeded to aid her as she relieved herself before he put her back to bed.

“I’m sorry. I was trying to let you get a bit more sleep.”

It was difficult to go back to bed. Even though she was still a bit tired, she felt that staying in bed was more lazy than helpfully. Apparently, Alexander did not agree and called upon Anna to watch over her to make sure that she did not get out of bed without aid.

“What do you expect to happen when I am 7 months along?” Her words fell on deaf ears and soon she was once again sleeping with Anna working quietly around her. And later in the day when Alexander checked in in his wife, Anna was quietly working while Veronique lightly snoring away.

The sound of snoring was loud from the bedroom, which in a way was a relief for once. Normally Bella would have been upset that Sir was ignoring her. But since Veronique and her husband had showed up here at her house, Sir had been in a wild frenzy. Her ass hurt, really hurt. As did her pussy. She even had welts on the back of her hands and on her arms where she had tried to protect her unborn baby.

She attempted to lay face down upon Caroline’s bed while the maid carefully smoothed on cream in effort to aid in the healing of the welts and sores that decorated her bottom. Because of her swollen belly, instead she had to lay on her side. Her cries of pain and despair were muffled by the bedding and Caroline did her best to try and calm the young woman.

“It is a fever that has infected him. However, if we do not find somewhere else to escape to, I fear that he, in his madness, will kill us both and your baby too.”

“My baby! Nothing must happen to my baby!” Bella cried out and placed a protective hand over her swollen belly.

“Hush! Hush!” Caroline hastened to soothe the woman. “We do not want to wake Sir up!” She quietened the woman.

“You mean Sir Percy?” Bella’s voice was bitter. “For right now, he is not my Sir and will not be so until he returns to his senses. When he does, then I will call him my Sir. But how shall we escape, and to where?”

Caroline thought for a moment before she spoke.

“I have an idea!”

With his darling Veronique safely tucked up in bed and resting Alexander went about the business of the estate in his normal manner but his mind was not on the estate it was on Percy and the two women with him, Bella he knew only slightly but when he saw her impaled on Percy's cock she showed no sign of shame, indeed she had a look of triumph in her eyes, not bothering to cover her nakedness as she rode him but he had noticed the fresh welts on her body and the scars of older ones mainly on her buttocks but the fresh ones covered her breasts and her swollen belly, yet despite the obvious beatings and the risk to her unborn child that she suffered at Percy's hands she remained with him, why? He wondered.

The other woman, Caroline, was an enigma, from her behaviour towards him she was clearly a whore, yet he detected that there was a strong bond between her and Bella judging from the envious glances she had given Bella. The thing that puzzled him greatly was that from her way of speaking and her bearing she was of great intelligence and breeding, how on earth did she become Percy's maid and whore?

Percy was less of a puzzle, Alexander had known him for a number of years now and they had become firm friends yet he was not his normal self, delusional about wanting to bed Veronique, it was a ridiculous thought but Percy had gone to great lengths to lure Veronique away from and even attempted to kidnap her. Alexander made excuses for him in his head, perhaps the strain of risking his life in France as The Scarlet Pimpernel time after time had become too much. That Percy was a vigorously sexual man with dozens of broken hearted beautiful women behind him was common knowledge. On one occasion when surrounded by a bevy of beautiful women at a Grand Midsummer Ball he had loudly declared,

"I will fuck you all, please form an orderly line outside my bedroom door."

That had caused a few womanly hearts to beat faster and several men came to claim their wives in case their wives were tempted.

Alexander shook his head, they were an extremely odd trio.

That evening he read for a while in the library and sipped a glass of brandy before going up to the bedroom. He undressed by candle light trying not to wake Veronique, he was just about to slide into bed when he saw Veronique's night gown folded neatly over the back of a chair. He slowly pulled the covers back,

"What have we here?" he chuckled.

To Bella, Caroline's idea was positively preposterous, no way on earth would she seek sanctuary with that toffee nosed woman who was trying to steal her 'SIR' away from her, she did agree though that if things carried on the way they were she might well lose her unborn child.

"But Bella," Pleaded Caroline, "You need not have anything to do with her, Lord Vernay is a kindly man I believe and I don't believe he would turn us away, besides, where else could we go?"

Bella relented and smiled "Very well have it your way but keep that woman away from me."

She then returned to licking between Caroline's widespread milky thighs.

Veronique spent the day in bed, arising only to relieve herself in the chamber pot, and then it was with the assistance of Anna. As for Anna, the woman seemed delighted with her sudden power over her mistress, even though the change was temporary.

“You want a healthy baby, is that not so?”

“Of course I do! What a ridiculous question. What kind of person do you think that I am?”

“I know you, your Ladyship.”

And so it went all afternoon, with the two women gently sniping at each other with no real rancor towards the other. They had known each other for far too long and for the most part could speak quite frankly with each other.

“Help me remove this thing!” Veronique called out to Anna and the lady’s maid entered with a puzzled look on her face.

“Your Ladyship?”

“Oh, don’t give me that scolding look. Doctor Fredrick said that once that I got my strength back, Alexander and I could resume some more strenuous activities.” Veronique gave her maid a wink and a naughty smile. Anna smiled and shook her head.

Five minutes later, her nightgown was folded on the chair and Veronique could feel the cool sheets on her body. But apparently the waiting took some time because soon she had dozed off. In fact, she had no idea exactly how long it was before a soft sound awakened her. For a moment, she listened to Alexander trying to quietly ready for bed. Slowly she felt the covers being pulled back so that cool air brushed over her bare skin.

What have we here?

A smile crossed her lips as she opened her eyes to find Alexander looking under the covers with a devious grin on his face.

“Hello, my husband. I am feeling so much better and wondered if you might have some ideas as to what I could do to help me sleep? Oh, nothing too strenuous...”. She watched as Alexander quickly slid into bed, his arms slipping around her. His kisses were amorous and soon he was between her legs making glorious love to her.

Just before they drifted off to sleep, he spoke to the child growing inside of her. And so they slept with Alexander showing even in repose that she was his and his alone. His arms held her close to him and Veronique felt safe and loved.

Bella finished her ablutions and crossed to look in the mirror. Her body was no longer beautiful but was now a tribute to the cruelty of Sir. Across her breast and the obvious bulge where the baby grew were welts and stripes of red that crisscrossed those areas. Turning around, she found much more on her ass, with blood having been drawn in places. There were even some of the same between her legs.

In the reflection, Sir was sprawled naked in the bed, the sheets rumpled and covered with cum. Snoring loudly, he lay on his back, legs spread and his magnificent cock in the air, leaning slightly to the left.

“Ma petite maman, I know how much you care for him, but until he comes to his senses, we must flee and seek sanctuary!” Caroline spoke in a terse whisper, not wanting to awaken the sleeping beast. While Sir Percy had fucked and beat poor Bella, Caroline had quietly packed several bags and also prepared food for the trip.

Outside was a wagon waiting for them. It was driven by the two young men that had fucked her and Caroline on several occasions when Sir was not visiting. Sampson and Goliath quickly helped the two women into the wagon and quietly and quickly left. Though they needn’t have worried for Percy snored loudly in the bedroom, so drunk that he would have fallen off any horse he should try to ride.

Alexander pulled the covers back to find Veronique sleepily looking up at him, but she was stark naked, her sex open and available to him.

'What have we here?' he exclaimed in mock surprise as Veronique stretched out her arms to him.

'Hello, my husband. I am feeling so much better and wondered if you might have some ideas as to what I could do to help me sleep? Oh, nothing too strenuous....'

It was then that Alexander understood just how much he loved her, his Venus, his Aphrodite, his Goddess. He worshipped her with every fibre of his being and he realised just how much he missed being able to make love to her these past few days.

He slipped in beside her throwing the bed covers off so as not to hide any of her voluptuous, wonderful body. He bent his head between her widespread legs and softly kissed the twin hearts that decorated her mons and inhaled her musky scent of arousal, he then kissed his way up her body as she whimpered with her need, their lips and tongues met in a delicious breathtaking kiss that seemed to go on for ever. When the kiss broke Alexander turned Veronique on her side to face him and lifted one of her shapely milky white legs to lay across him as he did not want to put his weight on the baby growing inside her.

Carefully he slid his hot purple head inside her slick wetness and sighed in ecstasy as Veronique embraced him, clutching his buttocks and drawing him deeper into her wet warmth. He made love to her slowly and gently, luxuriating in the love that flowed between them. Veronique climaxed first, drenching his throbbing manhood with her nectar, Alexander soon followed, pulsing his seed into her time after time.

"Are you happy now you have seduced me?" he asked sleepily as Veronique closed her eyes and fell asleep, exhausted.

In the morning they were woken by Anna knocking on their door,

"I ain't coming in until you're decent, the master anyway." she called out cheerily.

The ride in the wagon was long and arduous for both women as it lurched from side to side on the ill made tracks that they took rather than the better main road towards London. Sampson and Goliath were both on their best behaviour although they did keep glancing at Caroline wondering if she would ask them to stop so she could pay them as she had promised.

Bella appeared to be really ill, her skin was a grey pallor and her bottom hurt as she bounced on the hard wooden seat of the wagon. The tall chimneys of Lord Vernay's mansion came in sight through the trees and suddenly Bella was filled with doubts as to what sort of reception she and Caroline would receive, if they were turned away where would they go? How would they live? The only alternative that Bella could think of was selling herself on the streets of London.

Last edited:
After a night of love from Alexander, plus a good night’s rest, Veronique was feeling more like her old self. So much so that when Alexander himself awoke to Anna’s voice, he was surprised to find his wife climbing out of bed on her own and relieving herself in the chamberpot without the aid of either Anna or her husband. When he started to scold her, she shush him.

“I’m perfectly fine. You call Doctor Fredrick and he too will tell you that I am just fine.

It was some space of time before once again Anna was knocking a bit more furiously at their door and asking to speak to the master in the hall. Veronique raised an eyebrow in question to Alexander but he merely shrugged and shook his head, perplexed before kissing her and stepping out into the hall.

That Anna was upset was quite apparent. She spoke in hushed tones to Alexander.

“There are two women out in the courtyard. They claim to know you and her Ladyship and ask asylum. One woman is heavy with child and quite frankly looks very sick. There are two big farm hands that say that they have carried the women a long distance and would appreciate some food before they set home.”

Anna noted the surprised look on the Master’s face before he set off with a determined look down the stairs.

Pausing a moment, she entered the Master chambers to find Her Ladyship up and sitting at her dressing table brushing her hair.

“Well, are you quite finished with my husband?” Veronique teased Anna.

“Yes, your Ladyship.” Anna’s answer was quiet and totally correct. Too correct. That maid did not scold or tease and Veronique stopped and looked hard at the maid’s reflection.

“What is going on, Anna? What was so important that you tell my husband alone?”

“Just some things happening in the courtyard.” Anna tried to leave it at that. However, Veronique sat there waiting for an answer. Anna pretended to be busy stripping the sheets from the bed. She happened to glance up and caught Veronique staring at her, obviously waiting for an answer, the woman’s right eyebrow raised in question.

Anna fidgeted for a moment before she answered.

“There are two women out in the courtyard begging asylum from you and the Master. They claim to know both of you though they look like no women that you would know or associate with. One woman is heavy with child and looks quite ill, and the other...”

“Oh, my Lord! Amabella!” Veronique quickly rose and motioned for Anna to help her finish dressing, giving Anna orders as they hurried.

“I am not happy that the women are here but we cannot deny them their ‘asylum’. Prepare two guest rooms side by side in the West Wing. Send one of the young boys immediately for Doctor Fredrick. Have a room prepared in the servants quarters for the men that drove them here. They can return to their home tomorrow for their horses shall need food and rest.”

Veronique saw the look on Anna’s face and told her, “Yes, Anna, I do know the one with child. Her name is Amabella de Alders. And last I saw her, she was with none other than Sir Percy Blakeney!”

Anna gasped and looked shocked. “Yes, Anna, the very same Sir Blakeney. So we must therefore be on guard for the man for he considers that woman his property and will not take lightly his having lost her.”

Once dressed she looked at Anna. “I had best see the pair for myself. You Anna have your orders.”

And with that Veronique headed downstairs while Anna ran off to follow her instructions.

Alexander woke feeling happier than he had for some time, Veronique was back to her normal self and had welcomed him with open arms when he went to bed the night before, in fact she had welcomed him with open everything, arms, legs and her deliciously wet pussy and they had kissed, cuddled and made love for hours.

He began to scold her for getting out of bed unaided to complete her ablutions but she put his mind at rest, telling him that Doctor Fredrick had given her permission. He lay in bed watching Veronique move about the bedroom naked as the day she was born and felt a stirring in his groin. He was about to tell Veronique to come back to bed and play for a while when there was a furious loud knocking on their door and Anna calling for him on an urgent matter.

Irritated that his plan had been interrupted he hurriedly pulled on his breeches and a shirt and went out to Anna in the hall as she indicated that what she had to tell him was for his ears only.

'There are two women out in the courtyard. They claim to know you and her Ladyship and ask asylum. One woman is heavy with child and quite frankly looks very sick. There are two big farm hands that say that they have carried the women a long distance and would appreciate some food before they set home.'

"Thank you Anna, I will attend to them, you go and assist your mistress but not a word to her, you understand."

He then went down the stairs hurriedly, almost two steps at a time. He had a pretty good idea who the two women were and he was not at all pleased, he thought he had washed his hands of Percy and his two whores but here they were at his door asking for asylum, why should he have any truck with them, he owed them nothing?

He was shocked when he caught sight of the two women, both dressed in what were almost rags, their faces streaked with dirt and Bella almost doubled over with pain supported by Caroline, the woman who had sought to seduce him and betray Veronique.

"What are you doing here? What is it you want? Where is Percy?" He fired off the questions one after the other.

Bella threw herself at his feet and clung to his leg.

"Pleas Sir, can you find it in your heart to take us in and protect us from my Sir until he recovers his mind, I am almost due to give birth and if I had stayed with him he would surely have killed the child and maybe myself. He beat me regularly and at first I loved his firm hand but recently he has taken to using a whip."

She shrugged off her shawl and lifted her dress and showed a shocked Alexander the red angry looking stripes on her legs and buttocks.

"'Tis the same at the front Sir, once he starts he knows not when to stop."

Alexander was torn, on the one hand he wanted to get rid of them so Percy would have no reason to visit him and Veronique, on the other hand both women were pitiful in their circumstances and he should help them out of common decency.

At that moment he heard a gasp of horror behind him and he knew it was Veronique, he would let her decide.

Somehow Veronique was apprehensive as to what exactly she would find in the courtyard. However she was not prepared for what she found. It was not that Bella was exposing her legs and buttocks to Alexander. Instead, it was the sores and welts on the once beautiful woman’s skin. She could not help the gasp that escaped from her lips.

Immediately Bella heard Veronique and she attempted to move to her old school friend’s feet.

“I beg of you, please take pity upon an old acquaintance. You see how the sickness about you has taken his mind. He beats me because I am not you. He...AAGGGHH!”

Suddenly Bella cried in distress and clutched at her swollen belly. Immediately Veronique stepped in and took over. Turning to the larger of the two men that had driven the two women here, she told the man, “Pick up Mademoiselle de Alders and carry her upstairs. Sanders, Anna is preparing two rooms in the West Wing for the women. Please show them where to go. You,” Veronique pointed to the other young man, “help her friend upstairs too. Afterwards, Sanders will show you both to the a room in the servant quarters where you can rest. Your horses will be cared for and you can return home tomorrow.”

While the small group headed off to the West Wing following Sanders, she turned to Simmonds, who stood by ready and waiting.

“Simmonds, Doctor Fredrick has been sent for. Make sure that someone shows him directly to their room. Also, ask one of the maids to come here. And please ask Cook to come here for a moment.”

In less than a minute, a pert young maid showed up, bobbing and blushing.

“There are two women that will be staying in the West Wing for a bit. They are both sick and one woman is heavy with child please ask amongst the women if two of them have nightclothes that the women can have. Clean, in fine condition, and soft. We will of course replace them but the women are sick and in rags and we need to make them comfortable. Get them quickly and get up to the West Wing and help my maid Anna should she need your help. Quick now.”

The young thing took off running up the stairs to follow orders. Veronique turned and walked over to Alexander, taking his hand. She leaned against him giving him a quick hug. “I’m sorry Love, but I cannot abide cruelty and pain.” Alexander kissed her hands and nodded his understanding.

Cook came hurrying into the room, huffing and puffing, her cheeks bright red.

“I’m sorry but at least for a while, we have 5 more. 2 are quite sick and appear undernourished. One is expecting any time I think, and is quite sick so she may need some of your special broth.”

Cook nodded her understanding and Veronique could see the women mentally running through exactly what she would need and what she would have to purchase.

“Where have you put the sick ones?”

“West Wing. There are two men that brought them here. They will be in the servants quarters. Can probably eat everything in the kitchen so extra is needed but those young men are leaving tomorrow.”

“Let me send my assistant to market to make sure we are covered.”

And off the woman headed back to the heat of the kitchen. Veronique turned to find Alexander and her alone. Upstairs she could hear movement as orders were carried out.

“What if Percy follows them here? I don’t want that man here. Anywhere on this land. You’ve seen what he is like. The man is crazy. He may have already killed Bella’s baby.”

About then Simmonds appeared with Doctor Fredrick following close behind him. He spoke as he strode through and started up the stairs.

“Maybe I should just move my practice out here, your Ladyship. You keep me busier than the entire rest of the villages.” And he was gone up the stairs, leaving them alone for a moment.

“What have I forgotten, Love?”

As soon as he became aware of Veronique's presence he knew that Vronique would not hesitate to take in the two women, she was too kind and forgiving to bear a grudge and he loved her kindly nature but to his mind there were some things that were just unforgivable. As it was Veronique took charge, firing off orders, sending servants scurrying this way and that. He noted that Bella had transferred her begging from him to Veronique and guessed that was because she had known Veronique at school although they had never been friends.

As everything seemed to calm down Veronique voiced the same concerns that had been bothering him.

'What if Percy follows them here? I don’t want that man here. Anywhere on this land. You’ve seen what he is like. The man is crazy. He may have already killed Bella’s baby.'

Before he could reply Doctor Fredrick arrived with Simmonds and with the briefest of greetings he started up the stairs.

'Maybe I should just move my practice out here, your Ladyship. You keep me busier than the entire rest of the villages.'

Alone at last Veronique asked him.

'What have I forgotten, Love?'

Alexander paused for a moment and then replied in as kindly a tone as he could muster.

"My love, you are so good natured that I could not stop you taking in these women but did you not think to ask my opinion first? Once you said we would take them I was powerless to say anything against it without appearing to ride roughshod over you in front of the servants which would never do. What you have forgotten is that I am your husband and Master of this house, or I thought I was."

He lightly kissed Veronique on the cheek as a maid scurried by then turned abruptly and strode to the study to sit and think.

My love, you are so good natured that I could not stop you taking in these women but did you not think to ask my opinion first? Once you said we would take them I was powerless to say anything against it without appearing to ride roughshod over you in front of the servants which would never do. What you have forgotten is that I am your husband and Master of this house, or I thought I was.

He kissed her on the cheek and then went to his study. Veronique was upset. Here she thought that he would be proud of her, a wife that could handle problems quickly and all she had done was to run right over her husband without asking for his desires. She had done to him the very thing that she had been angry at him for doing to her. She had forgotten that this marriage was a partnership

In the study, she found him sitting in his chair, deep in thought. Closing the door, she crossed to where he sat, kneeling on the floor at his feet.

“Please forgive me, Love. I have been stubborn and unthinking. You tell me what you want to do and we will do it. I was so busy trying to keep Bella from having that baby in front of us that I didn’t think to ask. I am so sorry.”

She laid her face against his knee. There was no intent to cry, nor was it done as a way to sway Alexander to her side. She truly was upset at having done that that she had accused her husband of doing. But tears silently wet her cheeks.

“I gave you hell when we went on our adventure and yet here I do the same thing to you. Here I cause you nothing but trouble. I am...”

She could not say anymore and just clung to his leg and silently cried.

Alexander needed time to think about the implications of taking in the two women, it was clear they needed help, yet by giving them shelter he would be putting everyone at risk including Veronique as Percy was like a dog with a bone and would track them down and attempt to take them back and in all likelihood take Veronique as well.

He did not look up as Veronique entered his study and sat at his feet looking contrite at her impulsiveness.

'Please forgive me, Love. I have been stubborn and unthinking. You tell me what you want to do and we will do it. I was so busy trying to keep Bella from having that baby in front of us that I didn’t think to ask. I am so sorry.'

She laid her face against his knee as tears silently wet her cheeks.

I gave you hell when we went on our adventure and yet here I do the same thing to you. Here I cause you nothing but trouble. I am...'

He could not bear to see Veronique crying and laid his hand on her flame red hair and stroked it gently.

"You are what my love? You are a good kind woman, a Saint, who will always help those in need. There are things to consider besides their needs. You must be aware that we can expect a visit from Percy once he is able to travel, he may not know where they have fled to at the moment but it will not take him long to work it out, therefore we must be prepared, from this day forth until the matter is settled you must never be alone outside of the house and may I suggest that you carry a rapier as protection. As to the women they can stay until such time as Doctor Fredrick considers them both fit to travel which unfortunately may well not be until Bella has given birth. Now why don't we kiss and make up then you go and see how our guests are settling in?"

He helped Veronique up and sat her straddling his lap and pulled her to him kissing her softly and busily fondling the curve of her breasts.

"I did have other plans for us this morning until those women arrived and upset them but perhaps we could continue after lunch?" Alexander smiled leaving no doubt as to what those plans were.

She was glad that he forgave her for she loved him dearly. She carried his child. She worried about him and he worried about her. It may not be a perfect marriage, but she was happy married to him and wouldn’t even consider anyone else. He was perfect for her.

There was a knock at the study door and Veronique gave him a kiss before sliding off his lap.

It was Doctor Fredrick and his news was not the best.

“Well, young lady, you still manage to get yourself in such situations. Miss, or rather, Mademoiselle de Alders is very sick. She has been repeatedly beaten to the point that if things had continued the way they had been going, she would have lost the child and could have died too. There are open sores on her, and there could be scaring. Unfortunate for such a young, beautiful lady. She is undernourished. I am afraid that if she is moved, she as well as the baby could die.

Her friend, Caroline was the only name that she would give me, is in better shape though she too is undernourished and has some indications of regular beating in the past.”

He shook his head and thought a moment. “I still fear for the unborn baby. If it comes too early it will probably not survive. So the longer that we can delay birth for at least 3 weeks, the better though there is still the possibility that we could lose both. She must not get out of bed for any reason. It would be good to assign a girl to watch her, help her with her toilette, etc., until her friend can look after her, which should be about a week.”

He walked over to take hold of Veronique’s wrist and take her pulse. “I see that you are feeling better. Is she causing her usual trouble?” He looked at Alexander with a twinkle in his eye. “I fear sir that you can see the troubles that she caused her father.”

Nodding his head, he gave her hand a gentle pat and appeared to scrutinize her face. “Still, little mother, remember that you too have your own wee one to look out for. So no overdoing it. Let the servants do their work, not you.”

He spoke as he gathered his things. “I’ve left an ointment upstairs for Mademoiselle de Alders with instructions that it is to be applied to all her wounds 3 times a day. Only strong broth with a few tiny pieces of meat in it. She needs nourishment but we have to avoid overwhelming her system. I’ll be back in two days, but send for me should you need me before then.”

He shook Alexander’s hand and then left. The study was eerily quiet for a moment, both of them in thought. Veronique’s voice was soft, barely heard.

“What are we going to do when Percy gets here?”

Last edited:
'What are we going to do when Percy gets here?'

Veronique's very pertinent question threw Alexander for a moment as he had not had time to think through the implications of what Percy might do while the two young women were in his house.

"I'm not sure, I suppose it will depend on how Percy approaches us. The fact of the matter is that Bella and Caroline have asked for our protection and we have agreed to that, so we must do our utmost."

He held both of Veronique's hands and looked into her eyes looking for guidance.

"Firstly we must know in advance when Percy is in the vicinity so I propose we enlist the help of our servants and neighbours, send out patrols around the estate and along the road to the North with strict instructions that they are not to approach him for they would be putting themselves at risk. One good thing is that Percy cannot know for certain that they have come to us so it may be a day or so before he reaches that assumption and turns up here, which gives us time to prepare."

Together, hand in hand they climbed the stairs to the West Wing where the two women were to make sure they were comfortable and had everything they needed, along the way they told one of the older maids by the name of Mildred to accompany them and told her that the two women were in her care and she was to inform either Alxander or Veronique if there was any significant change.

When they entered the bedchamber Caroline was sitting at Bella's bedside applying a cold compress to Bella's pale fevered brow with a concerned look on her face.

Caroline looked at the three of them and pleaded,

"Tell me she and her little one will be alright, I could not bear it if I lost either one, I love them both."

"Doctor Fredrick said that it is touch and go with poor Bella but with love and care she may well pull through, Mildred will help and get anything you need, when you are feeling better yourself you must tell us everything, how you came to be in this situation."

The fog would not clear from Percy's eyes and his head throbbed.

"BELLA, CAROLINE, FETCH ME SOME WATER, I'M PARCHED"

He was met with silence.

"Where are those damned women? One of them should be around."

Percy was accustomed to having either of his whores at his beck and call and he promised to give them both a good thrashing if they were too busy fucking each other to attend to him. He called out again but still a deathly silence was the only reply. Gingerly he rolled out of bed and stood unsteadily as the room swam before his eyes. Naked he staggered to the washstand and splashed water on his face, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and saw a wild looking face with red rimmed sunken eyes and a heavy stubble on his chin.

"Who the fuck are you?" he growled at the image, not really comprehending it was himself.

Feeling slightly steadier on his feet Percy took his riding crop and went in search of his whores vowing to thrash them within an inch of their lives.

He searched and searched but there was no sign of them, then he noticed the wagon was missing and so were the women's few personal possessions. It slowly dawned on him, they were gone, they had left him all alone.

He sat on a chair with his head in his hands and cried, he couldn't bear to be alone,

Last edited:
The bed room already smelled of illness. The woman that Veronique remembered being named Caroline, sat beside the bed caring for her friend and mistress.

Veronique had to fight to keep from letting the shock show on her face when she looked at her old schoolmate. Amabella looked nothing like the beautiful and haughty young woman that she had gone to the finishing school with over in France. In fact, she looked better the day that they had rescued her from the guillotine that at the moment.

Bella’s fevered face was being gently wiped by Caroline. Bella, her swollen belly obvious under the bedclothes that the maid had managed to gather for the women, seemed a bit restless as she slept. Lost in her own delusional dreams, she called to someone name Marcel, telling him that she carried his child. It tore at Veronique’s heart. Nobody deserved this.

Caroline turned to her and Alexander, apprehension showing on her face. Alexander gave her a reply, though Veronique felt that what he said was a more positive answer than she herself actually felt.

”Tell me she and her little one will be alright, I could not bear it if I lost either one, I love them both."

"Doctor Fredrick said that it is touch and go with poor Bella but with love and care she may well pull through, Mildred will help and get anything you need, when you are feeling better yourself you must tell us everything, how you came to be in this situation."

Mildred seemed more mature and much more suited to the job that lay ahead on taking care of the expectant mother and her friend. Immediately the older maid began giving orders to the younger maid, who seemed relieved to have someone take charge of the situation.

Veronique reached out and took Bella’s hand, bending over to tell the woman, “Tu es en sécurité maintenant, Amabella. Va bien pour pouvoir tenir ton bébé dans tes bras.”

You are safe now, Amabella. Just get well so that you can hold your sweet baby in your arms.

Caroline thanked them as Mildred began her duties. Alexander quickly and quietly ushered Veronique out of the room. Her hand held his tightly - probably too tightly which was why he quickly took her to their private wing and to their bedroom. Once their bedroom door was closed, he took her into his arms and she began to cry, her heart breaking.

Last edited:
When they were back in their room and out of earshot of anyone Alexander took Veronique into his arms and bade her cry on his shoulder, he could see that Veronique was in shock at the sight of Bella. Neither of them could see a happy outcome to the whole situation, Alexander had Veronique to worry about as well, nothing must disturb her enough to put their own child at risk. He cradled his young wife in his arms rubbing her back and trying to find the right words.

"There, there my love young Bella is safe now and we will provide both of them with the best care we can. I wish Percy could see what he has done to both of these women, what sort of man beats his lover half to death? I do not think the child is Percy's, in fact I believe that poor Bella was already with child when we rescued her and her family. Did you hear her mention Marcel as the father of her child? I wonder who he could be, maybe Caroline can throw some light on the matter."

They agreed to leave the questioning of Caroline until the next day and retired early. It did not seem right to make love together, not that anyone would know and chastise them for it but it just felt wrong somehow, but they did kiss and cuddle and Alexander silently thanked the Good Lord for saving Veronique from Percy's clutches.

Veronique was so thankful that she was married to Alexander and not someone like Percy. His arms about her had been such a comfort. And once they had gone to bed, he had not pressed her for sex, but instead had held her in his arms, their naked bodies providing each other all the comfort that they needed. He had even softly rubbed the small bulge where the baby grew and spoke endearingly to it.

She felt all cried out, the emotions of the day having exhausted her. She slept, laying on her side, her top leg and arm thrown over Alexander and her head resting on his chest. As if by design, she fit snuggly under his arm and his arm held her against him. And she felt safe and loved.

Mildred say trying to sooth the woman’s brow. She had been told that the woman’s name was Amabella, yet the woman’s friend frequently called her Bella. No doubt someone escaping the revolution in France. Just as well! A revolution was no place for an expecting mother.

Right now, the other woman slept in the adjoining room. There was some story here, though it really was none of her business. She glanced over at the young maid napping in a chair. Katy was sweet and certainly helpful, but the young thing didn’t begin to have the knowledge to know how to take care of someone as sick as this poor thing.

She crossed and placed a hand on Katy’s shoulder. “Wake up, girl.” She spoke softly so as not to wake her patient. Katy sleepily stirred. “It is time to apply the ointment. I need your help.”

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the young maid stood and the two women pulled back the bedding. While Katy pulled up the night gown on the poor woman, Mildred got out the jar of cream and began to apply it to the sores as gently as possible.

“Do you think that her lover did this to her?” Katy’s voice was soft and sad.

“I don’t know. It is none of our business anyway and you would do good to remember that.”

Katy nodded and looked at the poor woman’s injuries. There were numerous welts and sores upon the poor thing’s thighs and even her swollen belly. Too many to count. She had even apparently been beaten on her sex. They were red and infected and some had even bled. Others were pus-filled. She lifted the nightgown to expose the woman’s swollen breast where she had even been beaten. Breastmilk had leaked out and stained the gown and Mildred wipes the crusted milk off the breast with a soft damp rag before applying salve to these wounds.

Pulling the gown back down to her waist, Mildred nodded and as carefully as possible Katy rolled the patient onto her side where Mildred quickly soothed the cream over the similar sores that decorated poor Amabella’s back, buttocks and thighs.

This movement appeared to stir the woman and she began to moan. Katy tried to soothe her, telling her that they were putting medication on her injuries but the woman only moaned louder.

The door to the adjoining room opened and the woman rushed in. Seeing what was happening , Caroline attempted to calm her lover. Only French seemed to cut through the fever that gripped Bella.

“Chut, mon petit. Ils ne font que mettre des médicaments sur vos blessures. Essayez de penser à des pensées heureuses et cela passera bientôt.”

Hush, my little one. They are only putting medicine on your wounds. Try to think of happy thoughts and it will soon pass.

Bella held out a hand, as if reaching for her dead lover.

Où est Marcel? Son fils est presque là. Mon amour ma vie. Je vais ... un fils pour continuer son nom. Marcel?

Where is Marcel? His son is almost here. My love, my life. I will...a son to carry on his name. Marcel?

Marcel est là et il est heureux. Tellement heureux. Et si fier de toi.

Marcel is here, and he is happy. So happy. And so proud of you.

Finished with the cream for now, the two women rolled Bella onto her back and pulled the bedcovers back up. And with that, Bella drifted off into an uneasy sleep. Caroline kissed Bella’s forehead and gently stroked the young woman’s cheek in an attempt to comfort her. As neither maid spoke French, they really had no idea what had been said, except that it might have something to do with someone named Marcel.

Caroline sat by her side until Bella fell back asleep.

Percy's head ached as he tried to clear the drink induced fog from his mind, he was usually a clear and decisive thinker, a born leader of men who would have men follow him into the jaws of hell if need be, yet here he was all alone with the two women in his life who had given him pleasure whenever he needed, having left him. He struggled to make sense of it,

He remembered Bella, the young pretty one who called him 'her Sir' and eagerly spread her legs and when he was done she craved the pain he gave her. He had indulged her in that and taken pleasure in it.

Caroline had been with him for quite some time since he bought her and made her his mistress, he had treated her well and allowed her to indulge her tendencies towards other females, why would she suddenly desert him?

The answer came to him in a flash, they had fallen in love with each other and run away to be with each other, what other explanation could there be? He had done nothing wrong, but he wanted them back, they both belonged to him. At the back of his mind was a shadowy figure that he felt he should recognise and cherish but he couldn't put a name to the figure.

If he was to find them and bring them back to his cottage he had to work out where they might have gone. He thought logically as he always did when presented with a problem.

ONE:- They were alone in a foreign country.

TWO:- They had very little or no money.

THREE:- They knew very few people who might take them in.

FOUR:- Who did they know?

FIVE:- Count Alexander Vernay and his pretty young wife Veronique came to mind as did the identity of the shadowy figure that haunted his mind, Countess Veronique Vernay.

Half certain that he would find them at Alexander's home he made himself presentable and set off South towards SAINT ALBAN'S the nearest town to Alexander's mansion.

There was a despondent atmosphere around the mansion as word spread that one of the women was gravely ill and might well lose her baby and even pass away herself. Rumours were rife and Alexander had to instruct both Mildred and Katy not to say anything about Bella's condition.

Within twenty four hours Bella's condition had worsened considerably and she was now hovering between consciousness and a fevered sleep, babbling about Marcel, SIR and his magnificent cock. Caroline did her best to hush her when she mentioned Sir Percy as she didn't want the maids to know the sort of man he was. Alexander sent for Doctor Fredrick and when he had finished examining Bella his expression told the story, it was not good news.

It appeared that keeping the baby alive was sapping Bella's strength so in order to try to save Bella they had to take a risk with the baby's life and bring it into the world over a month early.

They were gathered at the foot of Bella's bed discussing how best to go about it when there was a commotion at the front door with lots of shouting. Suddenly the door burst open and in charged Sir Percy,

"Where are my women? I know they are here, I want them back right now."

He did not even glance at the form lying on the bed so did not recognise it as Bella.

Alexander tried to calm Percy down,

"Percy, I can see you are distraught, come with me to my study and I will tell you all that I know."

Last edited:
As they all stood there trying to decide exactly what would be the best course of action in order to save poor Bella’s life, the door was thrown open and Percy burst in. He had attempted to clean himself up from the last time that they had seen him. But there was still a wild-eyed look to him. Immediately he began demanding just where “his women” were, as if he owned them. Yet, Bella lay in the bed right in front of him. And Caroline lay next door but Veronique was sure that with all the noise that Percy was making, the woman would soon come running.

Alexander tried to calm Percy and was going to take the man down to his study to tell him exactly what was happening. But Veronique suspected that the truth would probably not get through to the man.

Before they could leave, Caroline came flying through the adjoining door and threw herself at Percy, crying and speaking in French to her lover.

Meanwhile, Veronique took Alexander aside and talked to him.

“Listen, my Love. With the mood that Percy is in, no amount of talking to him will get through to that pickled brain of his. The only way will be to show him. Show him just what he has done to poor Bella.”

Alexander seemed to think for a moment, weighing her words. She motioned over to where Caroline was trying to talk to the man.

“Even now, he is not understanding what Caroline is telling him.”

Doctor Fredrick joined in the conversation, trying to calm everyone down but all it did was increase the confusion. Finally Alexander nodded to her and she stepped up to Percy, raising her hands to quiet the assembled. She spoke quietly to him.

“Percy, you want to see Bella? Well, this is Doctor Fredrick and he is trying to save her life.” She motioned to the feverish woman lying in the bed. “Here is Bella.”

He appeared to not believe her so she drew him over to the side where he could see her better.

“You see, someone beat her to within an inch of her life. And now, the baby might not live. Do you want to see what happened to her?”

Percy seemed confused so she pulled back the covers and lifted the nightgown so that Percy could see Amabella from the waist down.

It was an ugly sight, with her swollen belly, sex and thighs covered with with the sores and bruises of his beatings. A look of pure shock seemed to cross his face, seeing the woman as she really was. You could even see the baby moving beneath her skin, as if wanting out.

As if echoing what her baby did, the poor woman seemed to reach out through her fevered haze, her hand suddenly grabbing Percy’s.

“Marcel? Mon amour. C'est votre battement de coeur...”

Marcel? My love. It is your heartbeat...

Before she could say anymore, the poor thing gave a cry as suddenly there was water flooding out from between her legs as if a dam had burst. Doctor Fredrick’s voice was grave as he announced.

“We have no choice now. Her water just broke. The baby is on the way. I need everyone to clear out save those helping.”

Mildred seemed ready to assist with the birthing of the baby, and Caroline seemed determined to be there too. Percy tried to leave but Bella, in her fevered state, believed that it was Marcel’s hand she held and refused to let go of it. Speaking in French, she told him of how she would soon supply him with his son.

“She thinks that you’re someone else. Be whoever she wants you to be or we may lose them both.” Doctor Fredrick ordered Percy while Caroline understood and assured Bella that Marcel was here and loved only her.

Before she could hear any more, Alexander quickly ushered Veronique out of the room and down the hall into an empty room where they would be nearby but out of the way.

Holding her in his arms, her husband seemed to make it is mission to look out for his wife while they worried about whether Bella or her baby would would be alive when all of this was over.

“Did you see the look on Percy’s face?”

Back