The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

Just a few days to go for submissions. Best of luck to everyone. The roller coaster rides begins. :D

Saw the top spot on this thread was open and thought it should be filled with something positive.:)

Last edited:
DG is right and it's still the official support thread for the only official Lit contest. Beware of fake contests. But keep writing!

DG is right and it's still the official support thread for the only official Lit contest. Beware of fake contests. But keep writing!

My third went up this morning. Some very nice comments

image.php

it's still the official support thread for the only official Lit contest. Beware of fake contests :rolleyes:

Too true! It is the only “official” Lit contest. But methinks your post was also trying to stir up the pot a little bit? Tiger girl throwing out cheap shots?

But hey, don’t forget that there is

the ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)

and it’s

Xmas/ New Years Contest

And you still have time to enter my dear :rose:.

starts: December 1st
closes: December 25th
winners announced: December 29th

Forgetting A. I. R. would be like my forgetting my marriage to Liz Taylor or my graduation, Summa cum Laude, from Stanford. Those events are purely figments of my imagination, just like A. I, R. is the figment of somebody else's imagination. :rolleyes:

A good morning bump. There are 4 more days to submit stories to the Real Winter Holidays Contest. The one and only special contest running on Lit. Don't be fooled by fakes.

Forgetting A. I. R. would be like my forgetting my marriage to Liz Taylor or my graduation, Summa cum Laude, from Stanford. Those events are purely figments of my imagination, just like A. I, R. is the figment of somebody else's imagination. :rolleyes:

the problem with telling lies is remembering them...

the problem with telling lies is remembering them...

Some people think if you tell them often enough they will become true. :rolleyes:

But a lie is still a lie, no matter how many times you tell it.

Some people think if you tell them often enough they will become true. :rolleyes:

But a lie is still a lie, no matter how many times you tell it.

When living in a glass house, I suggest you not throw stones.

As if anyone on these pages and on this site tells the truth.

Hell, TxRad doesn't even live in Texas. He lives in Maine and he's a woman and not a man. So who's lying now?

The only honest man, er woman, here is from Scouries, who lives in Liverpool England and not Miami Florida (lol).

Good morning Tex. How about those HoustonTexans? I saw you at the game Sunday. You were the one with the pink bra on your head, right?

When living in a glass house, I suggest you not throw stones.

As if anyone on these pages and on this site tells the truth.

Hell, TxRad doesn't even live in Texas. He lives in Maine and he's a woman and not a man. So who's lying now?

The only honest man, er woman, here is from Scouries, who lives in Liverpool England and not Miami Florida (lol).

Good morning Tex. How about those HoustonTexans? I saw you at the game Sunday. You were the one with the pink bra on your head, right?

How ya doing Freddie. Last I heard you were dead. It came from that honest man.. uh... woman you were talking about.

Naw I wasn't at the game, I had to work. Anyway my pink bra is in the laundry. Some asshole spilled coffee on it. All that soggy toilet paper. What a mess. ;)

How ya doing Freddie. Last I heard you were dead. It came from that honest man.. uh... woman you were talking about.

Naw I wasn't at the game, I had to work. Anyway my pink bra is in the laundry. Some asshole spilled coffee on it. All that soggy toilet paper. What a mess. ;)

Back from the dead, I've been reincarnated as Susan Jill Parker, a beautiful, blue-eyed blonde with big tits.

I'm doing well. Thank you. I noticed that Sr71plt had a story about dictionaries. Well written and informative, I read it but refrained from leaving a comment as he always erases my comments, even when they're good comments, which are the only comments that I leave, that is, unless leaving a comment to one of PrinceErin's stupid stories.

Well, I'm winning the Survivor contest again, the only contest that I have a chance of winning. I don't think I'll win this year again but I figure that I'll finish 2nd or 3rd.

Have a wonderful holiday if I don't chat with you again.

I had a character graduate, Summa cum Laude from Dartmouth.

Contest analysis - Winter Holidays Contest 2012

Good evening. The dolphins tell me that there are 86 stories in the competition to date, with an average score of 4.17 from an average of 268 votes. Stories had an average of 24,850 views, an average of 8 favorites, and an average of 9 comments. The average ratio of votes to views is 1.28%. The average number of pages is 2.6, with the longest story being 12 pages.

So far there have been a total of 23,081 votes, 2,137,157 views, 709 favorites and 833 comments.

The standard deviation of scores (from the average of 4.17) is 0.45 and the standard deviation of votes (from the average of 268) is 265. The median score is 4.25, the median number of votes is 164 and the median number of pages is 2. The top 25% of scores are 4.54 or above and the bottom 25% of scores are 3.88 or below.

Sweeps

Some votes have been reduced (swept) since the start of the competition. A total of 13 stories have had their votes adjusted, with 13 sweeps resulting in a new score that day which is higher than before and 1 sweep resulting in a new score that day which is lower. There were a total of 96 votes swept, being an average of 7 per swept story. The maximum number of votes swept for a single story was 46. (Figures based on toplists, and may not be totally accurate).

Categories entered (alphabetic order)

• BDSM (5 stories)
  • Celebrities (1 story)
  • Erotic Couplings (9 stories)
  • Exhibitionist & Voyeur (1 story)
  • Fetish (1 story)
  • First Time (3 stories)
  • Gay Male (8 stories)
  • Group Sex (11 stories)
  • Humor & Satire (2 stories)
  • Illustrated (1 story)
  • Incest/Taboo (13 stories)
  • Lesbian Sex (5 stories)
  • Loving Wives (4 stories)
  • Mature (1 story)
  • Mind Control (1 story)
  • Non-Erotic (4 stories)
  • NonConsent/Reluctance (1 story)
  • NonHuman (2 stories)
  • Novels and Novellas (1 story)
  • Romance (9 stories)
  • Sci-Fi & Fantasy (3 stories)

New stories today: None

Authors entered so far are:

allthewayin, amandablaze, AndrewJackson, Ashson, Belongs2Beth (3), BenLong, Benny024, BuckyDuckman, Butterflies512, Cinner (2), datedsoul, DG Hear, D_Lynn, EdgarPleaseCain (2), Eros5150, friskygirl51, geronimo_appleby (2), ggroyale, Harlock606, HeyAll (2), HollyS, Honeydip79, inqusitivepuppy (2), Jasmynn_Brown, JayDavid, JosephWrites, kms1987, LaRascasse, la_chica, LesLumens, lovecraft68, luvthedesserts (2), MagicMouse, MarieWriter, MistressLynn, MSTarot, m_storyman_x, NaokoSmith, Naughtily_Written, northlander, petitmort, Powerofthepen, PrincessErin, PrincessKashmir (2), qhml1, reddirtwriter, RedHairedandFriendly (2), Rockinworld, Rugrat60, silkstockingslover, SilverSparrow, sirhugs, sophist801, SpotInTheSand, sr71plt (6), SusanJillParker, Tara_Neale, TinyBeth (2), tmoney249, Tx Tall Tales, TxRad (3), Untameable_Guy, voluptuary_manque, YDB95 (2), ZenJinni, Zrnko_Pisku (2)

Disclaimer

Because of the way this site works these figures will not be totally up-to-date. For a given story the score shown on:

• The category page
  • The author's page
  • The toplists page

can all be different.

Also it appears that various pages update at different times of the day, sometimes quite infrequently.

Please do not PM me asking for more detailed information. I do not wish to skew contest results by giving a target for voting manipulation.

Contest page: Winter Holidays Contest 2012

I was mildly surprised to receive over 880+ votes on a Romance story. Of course I realize that all votes aren't positive, but it's nice knowing that readers are taking the time to vote. Had over 31 comments also. Kind of makng submiting a story all worth while.
Best of luck to everyone in these remaining days.
DG

I thought you received over 880 votes on every story you posted.

Hi everyone! I've un-retired and submitted a story for the Holiday Contest. Looks like it will be the only Text with Audio in the contest. I hope it makes it in up in time to count. Submitted it last night.

Does anyone know if the Survivor Contest is happening next year? I didn't do anything ALL YEAR except for the one I submitted last night. I want to actually participate in Survivor next year, although I'll still only do Text With Audio stories.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I've un-retired and submitted a story for the Holiday Contest. Looks like it will be the only Text with Audio in the contest. I hope it makes it in up in time to count. Submitted it last night.

Does anyone know if the Survivor Contest is happening next year? I didn't do anything ALL YEAR except for the one I submitted last night. I want to actually participate in Survivor next year, although I'll still only do Text With Audio stories.

Like I said in the other thread, Welcome back. And submissions run through the seventh so you have time.

You could go to the contest forum and ask one of the moderators there. Just doing Audio will put you at a handicap though.

I just spent some time reading through this thread and saw the comment about an author writing 2/3 stories featuring the same characters.

Scouries called it out for being a chapter series, which are not allowed. Others say its a "series" which is different.

Now to me if you have, lets say Bill and Kate. and story one features them screwing their maid. Now if installment#2 features them going down to Cancun and screwing their maid(or another girl) fine, its a series.

But if the next story is Bill and Kate waking up the morning after guess what? It should be a chapter is is the same characters in a continuous event.

But this is word play anyway. Chaptered stories or series, it shouldn't be alright to keep going to an established setting/characters because they already have a fan base.

Not only that, but if people have seen it before and know they don;t like it they will skip it and the author is saved a lower vote.

so saying "its not a chapter" is semantics and a sneaky way to get an unfair advantage.

Now here is how I see it. From Laurel's contest announcement(she says this in all of them)

Write a memorable and original holiday tale,

Now, I know there is room for interpretation, but to me original means its not the same people and places you have repeatedly used.

so if Bill and Kate's romantic night wins you Valentines day, then its BS that Bill and Kate's hot X-mas party should get another one.

Last edited:
Like I said in the other thread, Welcome back. And submissions run through the seventh so you have time.

You could go to the contest forum and ask one of the moderators there. Just doing Audio will put you at a handicap though.

I'll send off a PM to Box later. Thanks Tx.

For Survivor, I know I won't win...I just wanna play. One day, Text with Audio will not be a separate category...just another format in which to submit a story. And then, I will WIN it ALLLLLL. LOL I just need to get enough people to petition the right people to make that happen.

I just spent some time reading through this thread and saw the comment about an author writing 2/3 stories featuring the same characters.

Scouries called it out for being a chapter series, which are not allowed. Others say its a "series" which is different.

Now to me if you have, lets say Bill and Kate. and story one features them screwing their maid. Now if installment#2 features them going down to Cancun and screwing their maid(or another girl) fine, its a series.

But if the next story is Bill and Kate waking up the morning after guess what? It should be a chapter is is the same characters in a continuous event.

But this is word play anyway. Chaptered stories or series, it shouldn't be alright to keep going to an established setting/characters because they already have a fan base.

Not only that, but if people have seen it before and know they don;t like it they will skip it and the author is saved a lower vote.

so saying "its not a chapter" is semantics and a sneaky way to get an unfair advantage.

Now here is how I see it. From Laurel's contest announcement(she says this in all of them)

Write a memorable and original holiday tale,

Now, I know there is room for interpretation, but to me original means its not the same people and places you have repeatedly used.

so if Bill and Kate's romantic night wins you Valentines day, then its BS that Bill and Kate's hot X-mas party should get another one.

This has already been answered several times so I'll try it this time.

Go read the stories from last to first. If you don't need anything to understand the story other than what is in the story. It is a stand alone story. That makes it eligible for the contest even if the stories start minutes apart.

This is just more of scouries bullshit to disrupt things and you people seem to fall for it ever time instead of looking for yourself.

This has already been answered several times so I'll try it this time.

Go read the stories from last to first. If you don't need anything to understand the story other than what is in the story. It is a stand alone story. That makes it eligible for the contest even if the stories start minutes apart.

This is just more of scouries bullshit to disrupt things and you people seem to fall for it ever time instead of looking for yourself.

No, this has nothing to do with goofball, this is my take.

If a story leads directly from one event to the next, for example.

One story ends with a woman falling into bed with her best friend, you know hot scene she falls asleep wondering if she did the right thing, but doesn't care right now etc....

If story #2 opens with her waking up in his arms, I don;t care what happens during the rest of the tale, it should be a chapter 2 at that point.

But if nothing else, and its just differing opinions, I go back to Laurel's statement about an original story.

let me ask you this. I wrote a a series that before I pulled some of it from here was 51 chapters. So if for Valentines day I decide to bring those 2 back in a "stand alone" story that's "original"?

To me, if you want to revisit your "friends" from a story from time to time, fine.

But for contests I would think a person would want to make the effort to do something different rather than ride prior success.

let me ask you this. I wrote a a series that before I pulled some of it from here was 51 chapters. So if for Valentines day I decide to bring those 2 back in a "stand alone" story that's "original"?

Yes, it is. It's a story and situation you haven't written before. It might be a prequel or sequel, it might even be separate story that could fit into an "open" time period in the original story. So long as you do not need that original story to read the new story, then it's a stand alone and qualifies.

To me, if you want to revisit your "friends" from a story from time to time, fine.

But for contests I would think a person would want to make the effort to do something different rather than ride prior success.

What if the story sucks? Then is it riding prior success? Presumably people will either vote it low or not vote at all if it's bad. Because the issue is the rating, not the views.

Some excellent entries in this contest. Good job everyone.

Unfortunately my idea kind of bogged down, then I got distracted by work and wanting to finish another, non-contest related, story instead. Maybe next year, and/or next contest.

Good luck to those who have entered!

Some excellent entries in this contest. Good job everyone.

Unfortunately my idea kind of bogged down, then I got distracted by work and wanting to finish another, non-contest related, story instead. Maybe next year, and/or next contest.

Good luck to those who have entered!

Maybe you can take what you had for this one and "spin" it towards V-day, that way its partially done.

Back