The official Authors' Hangout Winter Holiday 2022 contest Support Thread

Wow - lost 25 votes (down to 732), up from 4.5 to 4.59, compared to this morning.

The score fluctuated from 4.48 to 4.52 from 20 to 600 votes, then stabilised at 4.5 after 2.5 days. It's now been 8.5 days.

Well, looks like the sweeps are done, and the winners have been announced. Congrats to the winners! I'm quite proud of myself. I thought I'd be much further from the top than I was. The top story has a 4.83* and I am sitting at 4.63* after sweeps. That is way better than I was expecting!

Congrats to everyone who won, and to everyone who did well! I look forward to the next contest!

Well, looks like the sweeps are done, and the winners have been announced. Congrats to the winners! I'm quite proud of myself. I thought I'd be much further from the top than I was. The top story has a 4.83* and I am sitting at 4.63* after sweeps. That is way better than I was expecting!

Congrats to everyone who won, and to everyone who did well! I look forward to the next contest!
I was like, "What?" because it hasn't been posted to the forum yet, but it's on the main page already.

Congratulations to theWriterInTheNude, MsCherylTerra, TarnishedPenny - authors of the winning stories in the Literotica Annual Winter Holidays Story Contest!

Congratulations to the winners! I ended up with 4.81 on 912 votes, 54.3k views, 22 comments, and 70 favorites.

Surprised none of the high-scoring GMs I saw made it in there, but Romance ran away with 2 places, as I predicted earlier. My score ended up exactly where I expected as well. Top end of my prediction, actually.

Congatulations to the winners, and all who entered.

I ended up with one about 4.6 and the other at 4.38.

Congratulations Penny and others!

I'm happy; I met my personal goal of getting a red H for a story in a category I have zero interest in and despite not giving the readers quite what they expected and wanted. Though all my new followers will likely be disappointed in future...

Just curious here, after sweeps my score sits at 4.86, which is higher than the 1st and 2nd place. I have 181 votes after sweeps. Is there some other kind of metric I don’t know about? D2A812FC-03A4-41D8-80F6-1FD8C1E733B7.png

This was my first entry in a contest and it was great! My story has ended on the highest score I've ever gotten and I think it's also brought me a lot more views on my other stories!
Congratulations to all the winners! Although I liked what I wrote, their stories are amazing and deserved the top spots!
Hope you all have a great Christmas and New year! Stay horny folks!

getting a red H for a story in a category I have zero interest in
Excellent. This seems an exceptional compliment.

I think it would be a fabulous challenge to write one's 'anti-kink,' likely much harder than one imagines, maybe impossible. But a real test of writers' chops.

Like you, incest as a category has no appeal to me but I felt like I had to give it a whirl (not this contest) just because it was there. Earned me an 'editor's note' warning off readers for the dreaded 'MM' sexual activity included. Parents, sons and daughters, sisters, grandparents, all okay, just not brothers.

Just curious here, after sweeps my score sits at 4.86, which is higher than the 1st and 2nd place. I have 181 votes after sweeps. Is there some other kind of metric I don’t know about? View attachment 2194048
There’s a fair bit of catch-up lag between various sections of this site. It would seem that, after a series of sweeps, Laurel took the three highest-scored stories and posted them as the winners. While authors can see their own current scores, the sections showing everybody’s scores however don’t immediately reflect that.

If it matters, trying to get a handle on all scores at that precise moment is almost impossible anyway as one of the unexpected ‘bonuses’ with winning is that the crowd of trolls very often one-bombs the winning stories.

There’s a fair bit of catch-up lag between various sections of this site. It would seem that, after a series of sweeps, Laurel took the three highest-scored stories and posted them as the winners. While authors can see their own current scores, the sections showing everybody’s scores however don’t immediately reflect that.

If it matters, trying to get a handle on all scores at that precise moment is almost impossible anyway as one of the unexpected ‘bonuses’ with winning is that the crowd of trolls very often one-bombs the winning stories.
Very good point. Thank you! It really shouldn’t be that easy to forget how many trolls inhabit this space. 🤦🏻‍♀️

And congrats!!

I was wondering about this myself. When I looked this morning, the 3rd place story had a higher rating than the 1st and 2nd place ones. I just assumed that it got more votes after being chosen...it hadn't occurred to me that the first two might have been hit by trolls...or that there might have been a lag in the ratings being updating after the sweeps..

Either way, we all did a great job!

Yep, you have ZERO ability to see what anybody else's score was at the time of the announcement. There's no public numbers that update anywhere near frequently enough to get even a close snapshot. By the time you see anybody else's score update after the announcement ( especially the winners ) there has been a bunch of activity on it.

The final sweeps eat up a lot of low votes, and almost every score in the contest rises — some dramatically.

Here's my usual: Congrats to the winners, regards to all contributors, and thanks to the readers. My story drew much more attention than I'd expected, and as a result it may have experienced some regression to the mean. This was my first Winter Holiday contest, so I'd have to enter next year's to glean if that was a factor.

Congratulations to all who took part! I'm pretty happy with how my story finished, considering it started with a throw away line.

Congrats to those who placed and all who entered.

The final sweeps pulled all of mine up to H.

Congratulations to all my fellow writers and especially to the winners. Hope everyone has a great holiday. See you all next time.

:coffee: Congrats to all the writers who submitted, and a tip of the hat to those most rewarded. This was my first contest entry. Another bucket item was checked off.

The Winter Holidays contest had some great stories.(y) But I have to admit I didn't get around to reading every one of them, so only some authors got my score for their submissions ... Sorry for the rest of you ... life happens ...

My home page says my story, 'Tim Returns Home for the Holidays,' had 13.5 views, 4.55/439 votes, and 19 comments. Most comments were about the dang '—' flaw. I sent an EDIT to Laurel, who reposted it promptly, so the flood of questions stopped. I'm thankful for that!

I was pleased with how many read my story and chose other stories I'd written. I even added a few more followers.

What's next?

Back