The Official Authors' Hangout April Fool's 2019 Contest Support Thread.

Good luck.

The contest rules are always in a sticky thread at the top of the AH forum -- those blue-colored threads.
Thank you, NW! Great to see you again. Submitted minutes ago. Hope my clock matches Laurel's. It was a rush job, so I'll need to edit later on. Good to know about the stickies.

Oh, the power of deadlines.

Pretty much the end of March 20th Eastern Standard Time, which is about three hours from now.

The world turns, and so we have time zones and such.

Oh, I read 1159 EST as one minute before midday, not one minute before midnight. Even checked what that was as GMT - 4 hour difference, which means entries are now closed.

Still wouldn't have done it. My neck''s so swollen, it looks like I have two chins.

Oh, true…
*sigh*

giphy.gif

I've missed it. Officially, realistically. My muses were bad. *B*A*D* Muses! Or maybe I must adjust my meds. Which do I prefer, stories or pain?

Think I'm going to give up on this one for now - not feeling it & Laurel may reject it first off.
Boo.:(

Ohhh I missed this one to. My story just wast far enough along to even finish in a mad rush. So it’s parked for now but I’ll come back to it

I gave up on my second potential entry. I would have had to hack it about so much to make it suitable for April Fool.

My only entry is heading for Last Place. :rolleyes:

Well, there's a distraction. I hope you're having that cared for.

I confess to a touch of hyperbole :eek:, but it's definitely noticeably swollen and lumpy. Not feeling that poorly though, just nausea and malaise. Admittedly, the latter seems a permanent state for anyone following the Brexit debacle.

Is there some way to see how all of the stories are fairing in the voting? The list has grown quite long and I’d like to read some of the higher rated stories. I have read several authors that I am following already but looking for insight on how the stories are lining up as a whole.

Advice?

Is there some way to see how all of the stories are fairing in the voting? The list has grown quite long and I’d like to read some of the higher rated stories. I have read several authors that I am following already but looking for insight on how the stories are lining up as a whole.

Advice?

You can click on the author's name and find the score on their page, but I think the scores aren't advertised precisely because of what you want to do. Everyone in the contest should get an equal shot at the readers.

You can click on the author's name and find the score on their page, but I think the scores aren't advertised precisely because of what you want to do. Everyone in the contest should get an equal shot at the readers.

Makes perfect sense NW. I appreciate your feedback and that’s what I have been doing so the system is working ;)

Tomorrow is the day for announcing the winners.

Vote now, vote often (but only once per story!).

Good luck for all! May the last contest day bring in many ratings, views and positive comments!

I thought the sweep that started yesterday was a little premature but considering it continued into last night there must be far more shit to clean out than I realized.

Good luck everyone :)

Apparently here we go. My entry has leaped up from 4.45 to 4.81, with 12 votes shaved off it.

Yep, Laurel has made the announcement now. Congrats to the winners and all others who played.

First Place ($150 Cash Prize Winner):
The Playeur by rubysubrosa

Second Place ($100 Cash Prize Winner):
Run Cindy, Hide by HuckPilgrim

Third Place ($75 Cash Prize Winner):
Shhh! by lovecraft68

Apparently here we go. My entry has leaped up from 4.45 to 4.81, with 12 votes shaved off it.

Damn, that's pretty good! I jumped from 4.73 to end with 4.86. Not sure how many were removed.

Big congrats to rubysubrosa, HuckPilgrim, and lovecraft68 for the wins!

Congratulations to the winners, and to all those who participated.

My entry crept just over 4.00 with the final sweep...

Congratulations to the winners!

Once again I came with in a hairs breath of placing. I finished exactly .01 points behind the number three story!

Darn it! This is the second contest that I finished just barely out of the running in the three that I have entered. It's kind of making me a little nuts that I keep getting so close but can't quite make it over the top.

Congratulations to the winners!

Once again I came with in a hairs breath of placing. I finished exactly .01 points behind the number three story!

Darn it! This is the second contest that I finished just barely out of the running in the three that I have entered. It's kind of making me a little nuts that I keep getting so close but can't quite make it over the top.

D'oh. I wouldn't get discouraged, though. There are some writers that hit a win early on but most of us have tried and tried again, falling short many times until the stars finally align. If you keep at it, it'll happen eventually!

Thanks, Solar Ray.

I know I shouldn't be competitive about it. As long as people are enjoying my stories, as they seemed to be, that is all that should matter.

Sadly, I grew up around very competitive parents. We used to say my Dad would have watched a sporting event where two Gnats fucked as long as someone was scoring their routine.

I guess its hard to overcome those competitive juices!

Still...Hats off to the winners! And I will try again...

Back