The Official Authors' Hangout April Fool's 2019 Contest Support Thread.

The story is literally split in two and I would love to get an opinion or two or three on where you would posit the story given the sketchy details I've provided above.
Group. If both story parts are in one packaged submission, that's obvious. If they're separate chapters, put a hint of multiples sex in the first and post them both as Group. I've put strong elements of EC, GM, LW, Incest, NonCon, and Fetish into Group stories without complaint.

In my mind that second part would be determined by whether or not he was objecting. If he was reluctant that would be a different category than if he was excited.

Oh, he's with the program although he doesn't anticipate the GF choking him out and that's my hook for the AF contest :D

Group. If both story parts are in one packaged submission, that's obvious. If they're separate chapters, put a hint of multiples sex in the first and post them both as Group. I've put strong elements of EC, GM, LW, Incest, NonCon, and Fetish into Group stories without complaint.

Thanks, HP! Group it is... :cool:

Almost done, but I am not sure I will be submitting it. It turned awfully dark. I am usually pretty easy going, but every once in a while Mr. Sinister takes the joystick and we veer into the Dark Side. :eek:

I guess I'll have to finish it and then read it before I make my decision....

James

Almost done, but I am not sure I will be submitting it. It turned awfully dark. I am usually pretty easy going, but every once in a while Mr. Sinister takes the joystick and we veer into the Dark Side. :eek:

I guess I'll have to finish it and then read it before I make my decision....

James

Do it! Variety is the spice of these competitions.

Do it! Variety is the spice of these competitions.

Thanks, I just submitted it.

It was not my usual material, I think I was channeling my inner George R. R. Martin. In any case, I wrote it as an exercise in stream of unconsciousness writing. Just a quick final pass for any punctuation and let the spell checker do its thing and hit the submit button.

Like duct tape, we all have a light side and a dark side and I am afraid my dark side took the opportunity. Now I have to go chase him down and stuff him back in the Prince Albert can on my back porch before he causes too much mischief.

Happy April Fool's, ya poor bastards.

James

Haven't seen anything approved yet???

Not until tomorrow at the earliest. It's not clear whether tomorrow is the first day of submission or the first day of posting of submissions.

Not until tomorrow at the earliest. It's not clear whether tomorrow is the first day of submission or the first day of posting of submissions.

Oggbashan announced it was open for submission so I just assumed they'd go live tonight. Doesn't matter. Still a long time till the 1st. The early ones will be dead in the water by that time.

AS best as I can tell traffic comes from the category hub (lots), new story page (moderate) and then the event page (small) in that order.

Oggbashan announced it was open for submission so I just assumed they'd go live tonight. Doesn't matter. Still a long time till the 1st. The early ones will be dead in the water by that time.

AS best as I can tell traffic comes from the category hub (lots), new story page (moderate) and then the event page (small) in that order.

"Tonight" will be tomorrow by U.S. Eastern time. At one time, when a submission date was given for a contest, the posting of the first batch was the day after that. Recently I think it's been on the date given for submission, which is March 1st for this contest, which is still tomorrow for the U.S. time zones.

Well, the homepage update is a go. Good luck everyone!
I didn't make it in time for the start but should finish mine today, with any luck. Hoping to submit Mon/Tues after the usual final edits.

Well, the homepage update is a go. Good luck everyone!
I didn't make it in time for the start but should finish mine today, with any luck. Hoping to submit Mon/Tues after the usual final edits.

Well, that lit a fire under my ass... :eek:

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

The posted contest entries are here:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/contest.php/april-fools-2019

PS: My entry is currently rated below 3.50

4.41 & 4.25 with over 10k views and just under 900 hundred votes (split) now. :)

Generally positive comments although I can't get past the first page of the comments. Seems like the comment numbers update instantly when someone posts one but they aren't released from moderation leaving you to go back and check again and again. At least before when it updated I knew the comments had been posted.

A glitch or planned I don't know but if it's planned it's bad.

Alright, mine's in. First contest for me and I don't have much in the way of expectations but I'm looking forward to reading as many of the entries as I can so hopefully I'll pick up some pointers and get better at writing smut :D

Ok, Ok, I write smut while many of you write very wonderful stories where your characters fuck every once and a while. ;)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm in! (That's what he said, haha, etc.) Hard one to write but therefore also satisfying to finally submit.

Back