The NEW UK Kink Thread

Afternoon Spanky - looks like everyone's a bit busy today, so stick the kettle on whilst you're passing, will you? :D

Ok, document written, 4 loads of boxes taken to the new place, house as packed down as I can be arsed with doing today... Think I'm just about ready for tomorrow.

Maybe

I hope

Morning all :)

Welcome, Oldenburg. If you need any help or advice, don't hesitate to ask. Or if you want to have a moan, you go right ahead :D

Trips to the tip sound like fun, Mal - glad that the move is finally underway.

How's the weather in Preston, SV? It's fairly grim here - not too cold but it feels like the sky is two feet above my head, and horribly dark.

Thank you all for being so welcoming :D I'm so loving how open this forum it, and no matter how weird and wonderful things people are into someone always give advice and is nice about it... Soo glad I found this forum :D @LallyH Thank you :)

G x

I don't know where this thumbs down has come from - I must have pressed a button..

Thank you all for being so welcoming :D I'm so loving how open this forum it, and no matter how weird and wonderful things people are into someone always give advice and is nice about it... Soo glad I found this forum :D @LallyH Thank you :)

G x

Glad you feel comfortable :). There's a wide variety of experience and leanings even in our little corner of lit, and there are lurkers as well who read but rarely post, so if you don't feel comfortable asking something on the main forum, try here instead and we will try to help :).

I'm taking the day off today because I wanted to spend at least one half term day with my ever growing teenage daughter - she has announced that she wants to be taken to the zoo....:rolleyes::D

I am safely in the new house. Johann has come out of hiding inside the divan, the house is full of boxes and the internet now works!

Tomorrow the unpacking begins.... assuming my back still works.

Glad you feel comfortable :). There's a wide variety of experience and leanings even in our little corner of lit, and there are lurkers as well who read but rarely post, so if you don't feel comfortable asking something on the main forum, try here instead and we will try to help :).

I'm taking the day off today because I wanted to spend at least one half term day with my ever growing teenage daughter - she has announced that she wants to be taken to the zoo....:rolleyes::D

Thank you I will bare that in mind :D hope you had a fab day at the zoo.. :) @Malich congratulation on the new how.. :)

G x

Morning folks, hope all is well. Yesterday seemed to disappear in a cloud of "can you just..." and "while you're doing that..." Lally, how was the zoo? Haven't taken the little fella for ages, really should make the effort. Congratulations on the house Malich, that's one headache finally out of the way.

Morning all :)

The zoo was good fun, despite the occasional torrential downpour. There were a whole variety of things to look at, and they had all of daughter's favourite animals ie tapirs, red pandas and capybara...although she has now developed a new love for bush dogs.

One of the red pandas was marking his territory by doing a rather cute and amusing bootay wiggle on every tree it passed :D And we were very impressed by the hardworking bristlenose fish they had in each tank, scurrying around eating all the algae, flicking the duster as they went and generally keeping the place shipshape :D

But if you do intend visiting, think seriously about taking a picnic. We didn't and every food outlet was way too busy, extremely (and I mean extremely) expensive and the meal we eventually got was rubbish and inedible.

I was surprised really - the other zoos we've visited in recent years (London and Jersey spring to mind) have been overpriced (naturally, because you've got no other options) but good quality.

Bit far to travel, but I can recommend the Yorkshire Wildlife park at Doncaster as worth a visit.

All moved out, though too about 3 times as long as I planned. Am now slowly whittling away at the box mountain and finding places for everything.... or trying to. I may have more stuff than I have space for.

Not from the UK...

.... But I do travel to London quite often on business....

Hope the natives do not mind me lurking on this thread?

PSM

I've never been to the Doncaster one, might give it a go this year. Been to Chester a few times, but we prefer Blackpool as you can get around more of it in a day. We always make a point of taking a picnic though, food outlets are usually chaotic, and it's nicer to sit out, especially if the weather's good.

Ah, and the bit I hate, emptying boxes. How come stuff always takes up more space after it's been packed, than it did before?

PSM, not a problem, we used to have a few international lurkers in here.

Yeah, amazing how many boxes it took for one shelving unit of DVDs.

Welcome PSM - feel free to join in :D

Are you going to try to keep all your DVD's, Mal? Or sell them?

This is why I won't contemplate moving - we have shelves full of DVD's, computer games, books, with more boxes of the same in the loft and in various cupboards round the house. But if I mention selling any of these items that no-one has used in five years, it's heresy!

These are the one's I'm keeping. I've CEX'd most of the ones I didn't want already. might have another purge later if I find I'm not watching some of them.

Same with the books, these are ones I want to keep... but some of them I do have electronic duplicates of. So theoretically I could purge some of them for a bit of extra space.

The kitchen is now mostly clear.... Just need to make rid of the filth the last tenants left. This shall be noted to the letting agency as I consider it bad form to let a house where, as a minimum, the carpets haven't been vacuumed and the surfaces cleaned.

And the less said about the state of the oven the better!

Hello all :)

Sorry I've been a stranger, been battling bronchitis amongst other things.
As I'm at my lowest ebb, work has exploded (something to do with that film I suspect) the world and his wife want floggers.... Yesterday.
I'm shipping worldwide, utterly horrified at the cost of international postage
Another market tomorrow, should be a good one, they do awesome hot chocolate at this one and most of the traders who I'm friends with will be there :)

Mal, so glad you are moved in safely, I hope Johann settles in well.
Lally, Chessington is surprisingly good, food wise, it's so disappointing to fork out a small fortune and get rubbish in return.

Hi to everyone else

Xxx

Daisy, glad to hear business is picking up, even if it is driving you into the ground for a bit. Just remember to set realistic time frames and to cover the shipping when quoting! :)

Johann is settling in for the most part. He has given up on hiding in the divan which is helpful and is back to sleeping locked downstairs without too much fuss.

Today's jobs are to clean the kitchen so it's usable and have finish off the living room so it, likewise, can be cleaned properly.

Joy.

Hope everyone else is well?

Morning all, and here we go again!
Welcome back Daisy, glad to hear you're better, even if you are rushed off your feet.
Good to hear you're settling in ok Malich, and I know what you mean about the cleaning, when we moved here, we had to bleach the shower. I'm not too bad with dvd's, it's books that are my failing, they're stashed everywhere.
Lally, have you tried the Welsh Mountain Zoo near Colwyn Bay? It's worth a visit if you're out that way, but as usual, take the picnic.
Welcome to you too PSM.

Oh, I have 3 and a half book cases full of books too. Just used the DVDs as an example :)

Thank goodness for my e-reader or I'd not be able to move in the house.

I think I spoke too soon when I said I was better :(
Chest is crackling, throat feels like I have swallowed razor blades (I haven't)
The market was surprisingly quiet, the weather was appalling though and parking anywhere close, non existent.

Mal, I would actually ask that a pro cleaning team be sent in. When M moved, he was held up by a day, as the carpets were being deep cleaned. The place was immaculate, as it should be.
Not fair for you to have to do it!

Back