The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll fit right in in Portland. The city as 59 independent breweries at last count with another couple due to open in August/September. They claim that's more than any other city in the world. Some friends and I are going up on the 24th for the Portland Brewfest. I'm looking forward to this.

I don't know about breweries, but mine is the only publishing company in the area. I'm hoping it goes well. If so, I'll be able to call my own shots for once.

Really? I've run out of bourbon and calvados. All I have left of the drinkable hard stuff is some dark rum. Speaking of which . . .

Really? I've run out of bourbon and calvados. All I have left of the drinkable hard stuff is some dark rum. Speaking of which . . .

Go for it.

All the tequila and vodka I had was too much. Should have stopped earlier, but it's the stuff of creativity. My liver will be dead by the time I hit my prime.

Well, if the publishing house is in need of copy, I've got a couple of novels I haven't even posted on Lit you're free to try. Stella quite liked the first one. She even helped me with it.

Well, if the publishing house is in need of copy, I've got a couple of novels I haven't even posted on Lit you're free to try. Stella quite liked the first one. She even helped me with it.

We'll get to that point eventually. First, though, we will publish only our own work. From there, we'll move up.

Best of luck with that. I'm giving some thought to having signature tweed cloth woven and the selling it on my website. The Harris tweed folks in Scotland will do that for you and I've already had requests that when I get it finalized to let them know. Given how warm it gets in SoCal there's an amazing market for tweed clothing . . . and we can only wear it about three or four months of the year!

Best of luck with that. I'm giving some thought to having signature tweed cloth woven and the selling it on my website. The Harris tweed folks in Scotland will do that for you and I've already had requests that when I get it finalized to let them know. Given how warm it gets in SoCal there's an amazing market for tweed clothing . . . and we can only wear it about three or four months of the year!

Interesting . . . Remind me when you get it together.

Okay, the hangover is in full swing. Time for bed, me darlin'.

Sleep sweet, all.

Ah - sunrise; simply beautiful.
Good Morning, all.

Rolf - you got any of that good-tasting coffee please?

Ah - sunrise; simply beautiful.
Good Morning, all.

Rolf - you got any of that good-tasting coffee please?

Most coffee is good-tasting, HP - especially in the morning. The exception is house brand instant - a sure-fire way to kill a day even before it gets started. :(

Most coffee is good-tasting, HP - especially in the morning. The exception is house brand instant - a sure-fire way to kill a day even before it gets started. :(

For me, it's Dowe Eghberts in the little caffetierre after breakfast.
Normal service (Nescafe') can resume for the rest of the day thereafter

One of our local markets carries Bob's (whoever Bob might be) and his Coffee Love blend is the exact way to start the day--preferable in a mug big enough to drink soup from!

I'll stick with my tea, thank you.

Ditto! A big steaming mug of English Breakfast. :)

Happy Monday, Naked People.

(I have to keep a robe close by because the house is filled with workmen...tearing out ceilings, tearing up floors, fixing electrical stuff..)

Ditto! A big steaming mug of English Breakfast. :)

Happy Monday, Naked People.

(I have to keep a robe close by because the house is filled with workmen...tearing out ceilings, tearing up floors, fixing electrical stuff..)

I'm sure they won't mind if you forget.

I'm drinking Indian Prince. Just love that tea.

Cooking for one is both boring and lonely but a couple of times a week I run out of leftovers and have to do something. It's a relief, kinda. Anyway, tonight I'm having tomato sauteed chicken, rice with sauce, peas and for dessert a raspberry/peach galette. I found a frozen whole wheat crust in my local 'healthier' food store and sweetened the thing with Splenda. I know, some people can taste it. I can't. It's just sweet to me. Anyway, that gives me meals for another day, probably Thursday and I'll cook something tomorrow. Then I'll be set until Friday night.

Cooking for one is both boring and lonely but a couple of times a week I run out of leftovers and have to do something. It's a relief, kinda. Anyway, tonight I'm having tomato sauteed chicken, rice with sauce, peas and for dessert a raspberry/peach galette. I found a frozen whole wheat crust in my local 'healthier' food store and sweetened the thing with Splenda. I know, some people can taste it. I can't. It's just sweet to me. Anyway, that gives me meals for another day, probably Thursday and I'll cook something tomorrow. Then I'll be set until Friday night.

That sounds delicious, Mr. Bear. I'm having scrambled eggs, an English muffin and lemon curd. The eggs were gathered about fifteen minutes ago; the English muffins were scrounged from the way, way back of the fridge; the lemon curd fairly near the muffins.

The last time I ingested an artificial sweetner, I had to drive myself to the hospital in the midst of a heart attack. I'll do without, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back