The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I know moving is stressful. That's why I'm not moving until early next year. '14 was just terrible so I'm aiming for a porridge bland '15. Then I'll be up to moving. I just want to get the house nailed down this year, especially the one I'm currently looking at. Deeded access to the river, a third of an acre, view and a garden that only needs some tweeking to be turned into a fantasy woodland. It even has a garage that will make a fine shop, parking for a vehicle and boat trailer and space for greenhouse. I gotta have this one!

Oh bear, that sounds great! Hope you succeed.

Bear, it sounds great. Go for it. :)

Although I was obliged to move out of the old place rather than choosing to, I am SO-O-O glad as this new little maisonette is much much nicer than I ever imagined. Now I realise that the old place had a miserable dark cold kitchen, while here it's sunny and warm. Although the house is about a quarter the size, too, it comes with a peculiarly large bit of land including a proper garden shed. I love gardening so that was one of the reasons I offered on this place. It looks right into a park; I can see Piglet running down to the swings out of the living room window. I thought it would seem tiny and squashed but it's very well laid-out, and Piglet likes it so much that the other day she said if she won the lottery she would buy us a new big house - but wouldn't sell this one as she wants to live here forever!

It's really exciting figuring out how best to fit up the new place, now that the mega stress of getting in here is thankfully over. I enjoy sourcing space-saving items, like I found a 'library chair' which is a wooden kitchen chair that converts into a set of steps!
:heart:

You make it sound ideal, Duchess.
I like the idea of the garden shed. Can you get round all the walls ?

A garden shed might be in the future some time but I figure that if I build the greenhouse big enough it will hold my orchids and still give me some room for seed starting, re-potting and the like. I'm sure that in a while my orchid collection will out grow its benches and I'll have to move my 'other' garden activities somewhere else but for a while it will serve.

Oh, I know moving is stressful. That's why I'm not moving until early next year. '14 was just terrible so I'm aiming for a porridge bland '15. Then I'll be up to moving. I just want to get the house nailed down this year, especially the one I'm currently looking at. Deeded access to the river, a third of an acre, view and a garden that only needs some tweeking to be turned into a fantasy woodland. It even has a garage that will make a fine shop, parking for a vehicle and boat trailer and space for greenhouse. I gotta have this one!

A garden shed might be in the future some time but I figure that if I build the greenhouse big enough it will hold my orchids and still give me some room for seed starting, re-potting and the like. I'm sure that in a while my orchid collection will out grow its benches and I'll have to move my 'other' garden activities somewhere else but for a while it will serve.

I can almost see it now. . . .

Graying hair and a few wrinkles but the suntan is still in good shape and this is the end of winter. A few more fishing trips and.... :D

I need a fishing trip. I miss dropping a line in the water and feeling the strike.

My greenhouse plans got scrubbed--again.

Sigh! C'est la vie. I bid 10K over the asking price and someone else bid 15K over me. No sleep lost. There's a backup that's really a better house. It's just farther from the river and from the light rail line. No deal killer here, especially since they just dropped the price on Plan B by 15K. I may have to make an offer.

Sigh! C'est la vie. I bid 10K over the asking price and someone else bid 15K over me. No sleep lost. There's a backup that's really a better house. It's just farther from the river and from the light rail line. No deal killer here, especially since they just dropped the price on Plan B by 15K. I may have to make an offer.

Grrrrr, hateful people!

The first house I tried to offer on was so pretty. My friends and I called it the Doll's House, LOL, as it was really tiny. It was a cottage - I mean seriously, with a curiously large garden again. I was gutted when it went. Now I am in this place I am glad, though, as the Doll's House needed a lot of work doing to it, while this place needs very little.

Until, that is, Piglet broke the toilet flush :mad: I must go and look mournfully at it in a minute and see what has snapped off where to make it stop working, and whether I can hook it back up together myself.

BTW, you can walk all the way round our shed. I promise to treat the wood as soon as I can. I must rake and cut the lawn today, as it's going to rain tomorrow.

coffee-tea_2.jpg

I want to see pics when you make the deal. I love looking at new houses and all their potential.

I want to see pics when you make the deal. I love looking at new houses and all their potential.

I plan to post pics of my garden, I hope you will be willing to give advice! :) It's a little late but I am digging out my veg patch and planting potatoes and hopefully some carrots. The area is rife with squirrels and birds, so the potatoes will probably not last long, although the cats may bring us a squirrel or two in revenge.

My new house is quite modern so doesn't need a lot doing to it. Except the toilet flush mending :rolleyes:. I have poked it but there is nothing that seems to be obviously out of place so I have called a trusty plumber. (Ex-RAF so very reliable.)

As the cubette pointed out, buying a house nine months before I intend to move is a questionable idea. Making the payments won't be hard but having it sitting empty for that long would probably cause me the kind of stress from worry that I'm expressly trying to avoid. I'll probably keep waiting for a couple of months more.

My How-To has chalked 1121 views, 10 comments (excluding 3 of my replies) and 26 votes within 24 hours of submission. And the comments section is flooded with comments from my submission. :nana:

Drinks! Where are the drinks?

*rushes towards the bar*

*slips on a banana peel*

*crashes out of the door*

As the cubette pointed out, buying a house nine months before I intend to move is a questionable idea. Making the payments won't be hard but having it sitting empty for that long would probably cause me the kind of stress from worry that I'm expressly trying to avoid. I'll probably keep waiting for a couple of months more.

I was worried about that. I'm glad to hear you're waiting a bit. Gives you a chance to shop it out more.

My How-To has chalked 1121 views, 10 comments (excluding 3 of my replies) and 26 votes within 24 hours of submission. And the comments section is flooded with comments from my submission. :nana:

Drinks! Where are the drinks?

*rushes towards the bar*

*slips on a banana peel*

*crashes out of the door*

That's awesome. It's usually considered good form to post a link, in case we want to read.

That's awesome. It's usually considered good form to post a link, in case we want to read.

The good form was the double forward flip with the half twist. :cool:

But I think he needs to work on the landing or the crash, however you want to look at it.

I was worried about that. I'm glad to hear you're waiting a bit. Gives you a chance to shop it out more.

I'm really in a quandary. I know I need to do some fixing up before I sell and that will take time. I also know that there is not much sense trying to expand my social horizons when I'm planning on moving in nine months. It's just that I get so lonely. And maybe that's tonight's trouble. I'm kind of in the blues. I've got a brunch date with my broker's firm tomorrow at the race track. Whether I stay for the races is questionable. My version of gambling requires a way to monkey the odds and I doubt that it would go over well to wander down to the stables and start 'doctoring' the thoroughbreds. However, the race track is right across the street from the L.A. Co Arboretum, one on my favorite places in the county. Anyway, I'm in the middle of writing a second and third chapter to Kiss of the Spider Woman. Maybe that will entertain me for a while. Omnigamy lurks.

Oh, forgot that!

Here's the link. Keep a painkiller handy while reading it.

Just saying...

But I think he needs to work on the landing or the crash, however you want to look at it.

<<< Found outside in the bushes and no one saw it happening.

So it must be a landing. :cool:

Stalker.

I'm really in a quandary. I know I need to do some fixing up before I sell and that will take time. I also know that there is not much sense trying to expand my social horizons when I'm planning on moving in nine months. It's just that I get so lonely. And maybe that's tonight's trouble. I'm kind of in the blues. I've got a brunch date with my broker's firm tomorrow at the race track. Whether I stay for the races is questionable. My version of gambling requires a way to monkey the odds and I doubt that it would go over well to wander down to the stables and start 'doctoring' the thoroughbreds. However, the race track is right across the street from the L.A. Co Arboretum, one on my favorite places in the county. Anyway, I'm in the middle of writing a second and third chapter to Kiss of the Spider Woman. Maybe that will entertain me for a while. Omnigamy lurks.

Sounds naughty. If we were closer, you'd have someone to hang with. I'm sorry we're so far apart.

>> Nah; you were seen face down; it was a crash.
But the society has awarded you a 3 for the attempt, and that's rare stuff.

I voted a 4, but was shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back