The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!
:)

I'm just putting some coffee on - here is HP's cup, with half a sugar? I better leave the sugar on the saucer as I forget if HP takes sugar in coffee as well as tea. Anyone else for a coffee?

Ugh, I must finish my teaching contract applications off. And I so-o-o wanted to get on with tidying up the half-unpacked living room (not).

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqpnbJZtS8_8kgcMxSWRIkpfUUSK29xf43Fl1tyOgKsERpQBpN

Oh dear, I have had a bowl of porridge and I am still starving! Well, I have finished half an application. I can have a piece of toast and read over what I've done and see if I can polish it up. I'm trying to use the exact words of the person specification, like: "see, see, I really do have knowledge of insider and/or practitioner based research literature and methods", but it sounds po-faced when I do it.
:(

Toast anyone? It's multi-seed bread. I have butter, cherry jam and nutella. I must buy some marmalade but I can't decide whether to go for Frank Cooper's thick-cut Oxford or to get some from this home-made stall in the lovely farmer's market which pops up once a week in a pub car-park round the corner to my new home.
:)

Hmmmm, how best to explain that I gave up my membership of academic research societies while making sure I kept up my membership of the whisky society I belong to? I am sure they would also regard that as evidence of right-thinking academic behaviour if I can only work it into the specific criteria somehow.
;)

Hmmmm, how best to explain that I gave up my membership of academic research societies while making sure I kept up my membership of the whisky society I belong to? I am sure they would also regard that as evidence of right-thinking academic behaviour if I can only work it into the specific criteria somehow.
;)

Well, dear, if the academic societies don't help much in the securing a decent job, I personally don't see the point of them, for the most part.

And yes, I do take half a sugar in my coffee as well as my tea, thanks.
Multi-seed bread? I tried that once. It reminded me of trying to eat a birds nest.
And as to marmalade (EU=orange jam - HUH!) I commend you to try the local stuff. There's this guy who seels on my local market. . . . (and the stuff is simply delicious).

Yes, I do take half a sugar in my coffee as well as my tea, thanks.
Multi-seed bread? I tried that once. It reminded me of trying to eat a birds nest.
And as to marmalade (EU=orange jam - HUH!) I commend you to try the local stuff. There's this guy who seels on my local market. . . . (and the stuff is simply delicious).

I will remember from now on. :)

Multi-seed bread takes a bit of getting used to, but it's supposed to be good for you as it digests slowly and then you don't get that sudden empty feeling halfway through the day. Although TBH, now that I am cycling all over the shop to take Piglet to school most days, I get that empty hungry feeling all the time! Especially when passing muscular young men who will insist on jogging along the path in front of me. It's a great trial of character for me, having to go past the rugby club.

I will take your advice and buy the local marmalade!
:rose:

Over the years I've come to prefer multi-seed bread. The less processed my carbohydrates are the better I off I am so getting used to what's good for me is sort of essential. And if there's any more coffee around I could use a mug.:eek:

Over the years I've come to prefer multi-seed bread. The less processed my carbohydrates are the better I off I am so getting used to what's good for me is sort of essential. And if there's any more coffee around I could use a mug.:eek:

I've found a very good whole wheat that is sugar free. The best of both worlds as it has a good taste and texture.

Coffee? There had better be coffee or heads will roll.

Gentlemen, please.
If you'd care to look on the side table, you will see LOADS of hot coffee available.

I fear I may have to start drinking coffee to fit in around here.

Fear not, sweet witch, Tea is also freely available for those in need.
Of course, come sundown, you may indulge in any beverage of your choice.
There's a decent Finnish Vodka in stock now, for example.

Fear not, sweet witch, Tea is also freely available for those in need.
Of course, come sundown, you may indulge in any beverage of your choice.
There's a decent Finnish Vodka in stock now, for example.

I'm SweetWitch. Glynndah is good witch.

I must be adjusting, however slowly. Today I went outside and pretty much completely weeded the vegetable garden. I seem to have more energy. Perhaps it's the cooler weather after the last 'rain' (such as it was). I also found what may be the perfect house in Portland. It just came on the market and I sure hope my loan guy gets back to me so I can make a bid. This one is too good to let slip.

I must be adjusting, however slowly. Today I went outside and pretty much completely weeded the vegetable garden. I seem to have more energy. Perhaps it's the cooler weather after the last 'rain' (such as it was). I also found what may be the perfect house in Portland. It just came on the market and I sure hope my loan guy gets back to me so I can make a bid. This one is too good to let slip.

Best of luck to you on it. Are you moving to Maine?

Best of luck to you on it. Are you moving to Maine?

Good God, no! I have a deepset aversion to snow. I'm moving to Oregon where my daughter lives. With any luck I'll be a block from the river and get to fish several times a week . . . until duck season opens. Mallard on the barbie . . . slurp!

Good God, no! I have a deepset aversion to snow. I'm moving to Oregon where my daughter lives. With any luck I'll be a block from the river and get to fish several times a week . . . until duck season opens. Mallard on the barbie . . . slurp!

The only time I was in Oregon, there was a little bit of snow.

The only time I was in Oregon, there was a little bit of snow.

Yeah, my daughter says that it snows and then melts once or twice in a usual winter. And every four or five years Portland just gets dumped on. The Portlanders just shrug and hole up until it goes away. It doesn't happen often enough for the city to invest in snow plows so they just take a couple of days off. Very laid back town, Portland.

Yeah, my daughter says that it snows and then melts once or twice in a usual winter. And every four or five years Portland just gets dumped on. The Portlanders just shrug and hole up until it goes away. It doesn't happen often enough for the city to invest in snow plows so they just take a couple of days off. Very laid back town, Portland.

Sounds nice. I'm hoping tonight's snow is melted by morning. I've had more than enough of the stuff.

Now rain on the other hand. the only place I've ever heard of that had wrinkled gray suntans. ;)

Good Luck, Bear.

When my family lived in Oregon (Brookings. I would have been born there if there hadn't been a movie my mother wanted to see in Crescent City, CA), I don't think we could have seen any snow through the fog.

Let me know how the snow works out for you.

Now rain on the other hand. the only place I've ever heard of that had wrinkled gray suntans. ;)

Good Luck, Bear.

You once told me you had a gray, wrinkled suntan.

Lots of coffees!

Coffees-coffee-17206104-766-278.jpg

I actually am drinking tea, LOL, so the good witch can have a tea with me if she likes? (Unfortunately owing to the extraordinary lack of good tea in British shops, I have run out of proper Twinings breakfast tea and am just having one of the tea bags I bought for the removal men; I will get my tea delivery next week when Piglet goes back to school.)

Having just moved into a super new place, Bear, I am full of enthusiasm (although be forewarned! the actual buying of the property and move was extremely stressful). We have got a tiny maisonette with a strangely large garden, so I have been digging some of it out for a vegetable patch. I really enjoy it, although I expect I'm doing it all wrong.

I've finished three applications which I bunged in last night, although today is the deadline, so I don't have to fret today. Yayyy! :nana: One was a totally speculative one to teach English Literature from Shakespeare to Austen - God I would love to do that! LOL. I managed to fit the person specification (just!) so I thought I would give it a go, but as I think I have very little chance of it I had a lot of fun on the application form and wrote what I really feel, like: "I couldn't believe I was being paid to do something I enjoyed so much!" about the Access course on literature I was allowed to teach many years ago. :)

Oh, I know moving is stressful. That's why I'm not moving until early next year. '14 was just terrible so I'm aiming for a porridge bland '15. Then I'll be up to moving. I just want to get the house nailed down this year, especially the one I'm currently looking at. Deeded access to the river, a third of an acre, view and a garden that only needs some tweeking to be turned into a fantasy woodland. It even has a garage that will make a fine shop, parking for a vehicle and boat trailer and space for greenhouse. I gotta have this one!

Bear, it sounds great. Go for it. :)

Although I was obliged to move out of the old place rather than choosing to, I am SO-O-O glad as this new little maisonette is much much nicer than I ever imagined. Now I realise that the old place had a miserable dark cold kitchen, while here it's sunny and warm. Although the house is about a quarter the size, too, it comes with a peculiarly large bit of land including a proper garden shed. I love gardening so that was one of the reasons I offered on this place. It looks right into a park; I can see Piglet running down to the swings out of the living room window. I thought it would seem tiny and squashed but it's very well laid-out, and Piglet likes it so much that the other day she said if she won the lottery she would buy us a new big house - but wouldn't sell this one as she wants to live here forever!

It's really exciting figuring out how best to fit up the new place, now that the mega stress of getting in here is thankfully over. I enjoy sourcing space-saving items, like I found a 'library chair' which is a wooden kitchen chair that converts into a set of steps!
:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back