The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done, Naoko. Universities would be generally improved with more punched noses and less pedantry.

I seem to be on a bit of a roll. A reader asked for a sequel to Strange and Kinky Things and I no sooner had it into the mill than I started on an idea for a fourth chapter to Asphodel's. Obviously I don't have enough useful things to do . . .

You probably deserve it. :rose::rose:

Well done, Naoko. Universities would be generally improved with more punched noses and less pedantry.

Thanks Guys! :)

Now I am going to have a little light refreshment for breakfast. No no, there are no young men in the vicinity so I shall make do with a potato farl and fried duck egg, and coffee.

Coffee anyone? Fried egg?
:rose:

I seem to be on a bit of a roll. A reader asked for a sequel to Strange and Kinky Things and I no sooner had it into the mill than I started on an idea for a fourth chapter to Asphodel's. Obviously I don't have enough useful things to do . . .

Another of Asphodel's ? Oh goody!

Thanks Guys! :)

Now I am going to have a little light refreshment for breakfast. No no, there are no young men in the vicinity so I shall make do with a potato farl and fried duck egg, and coffee.

Coffee anyone? Fried egg?

Coffee ? Just poured a post-breakfast one, thanks.
what on earth is 'farl' ?

Morning! -passes the coffee tray and TxRad's mug-

Ugh, I hate dealing with grad students, particularly when they're about a decade my junior and yet supremely arrogant because they've had one more year of education in that particular field.

Morning! -passes the coffee tray and TxRad's mug-

Ugh, I hate dealing with grad students, particularly when they're about a decade my junior and yet supremely arrogant because they've had one more year of education in that particular field.

I deal with a lot of geology grads who are looking to break into the field. I only have an equivalency degree. They start arguing points with me until they realize I have 40 years of field experience that isn't in their books. :D

I deal with a lot of geology grads who are looking to break into the field. I only have an equivalency degree. They start arguing points with me until they realize I have 40 years of field experience that isn't in their books. :D

I'm dealing with one grad student who seems to think that being a grad student entitles her to be snide and disrespectful to anyone who isn't at her grade level. Guess she'll just have to find out why you don't act like that...

I'm dealing with one grad student who seems to think that being a grad student entitles her to be snide and disrespectful to anyone who isn't at her grade level. Guess she'll just have to find out why you don't act like that...

A real job seems to knock the glitter off halos and diplomas real quick. :D

No kidding, we used to take pride in breaking new officers in :D

I once murmured out loud (not on purpose) that the most important job of a senior NCO was to keep junior officers alive long enough that they could become senior officers and at that point good for something. The major standing behind me heard me and commented, "Got that right!"

I once murmured out loud (not on purpose) that the most important job of a senior NCO was to keep junior officers alive long enough that they could become senior officers and at that point good for something. The major standing behind me heard me and commented, "Got that right!"

A family friend was deploying as a junior officer to the Sandbox for his first deployment. My advice to him was "find the saltiest senior NCO you can, admit you need help and beg for him or her to tell you how to keep your ass safe." He came back home safe and sound courtesy of the Senior Chief in his unit.

Oh, how true.
But in cases where there ain't someone trying to stop you by making your next birthday an irrelevance, it can be a bit tricky; particularly in the field of military flying.

That was among several reasons why I have long thought that making all pilots officers was quite mad. Mach snots are cocky and daffy enough as is and the only reason we don't lose more of them is the amazing technology built into the planes. The real idiocy comes in making jet jerks commanders. Oi! (facepalm)

A family friend was deploying as a junior officer to the Sandbox for his first deployment. My advice to him was "find the saltiest senior NCO you can, admit you need help and beg for him or her to tell you how to keep your ass safe." He came back home safe and sound courtesy of the Senior Chief in his unit.

I was appointed to the then British Admiralty as an 'officer' at age 18. I knew enough from previous experience of my father's position, also in the Admiralty, that the people I apparently led knew far more than I did.

My first supervisory post was of 12 people, among them a retired Captain RN and a retired Chief Petty Officer. Their advice was invaluable, but I still made mistakes. My superior, also a retired Captain RN, would tell me in forceful terminology what I had done wrong. He was tolerant of mistakes because of my lack of experience, but would not accept the same mistake twice.

The only thing I was constantly right about was accepting the blame for anything that I did wrong, and passing on the credit to my staff for everything I did right. Mistakes were my fault, achievements were theirs.

I was appointed to the then British Admiralty as an 'officer' at age 18. I knew enough from previous experience of my father's position, also in the Admiralty, that the people I apparently led knew far more than I did.

My first supervisory post was of 12 people, among them a retired Captain RN and a retired Chief Petty Officer. Their advice was invaluable, but I still made mistakes. My superior, also a retired Captain RN, would tell me in forceful terminology what I had done wrong. He was tolerant of mistakes because of my lack of experience, but would not accept the same mistake twice.

The only thing I was constantly right about was accepting the blame for anything that I did wrong, and passing on the credit to my staff for everything I did right. Mistakes were my fault, achievements were theirs.

Oh, would that more superiors were as considerate.

Okay, I need some help. I've finished the fourth chapter of Asphodel's and need someone who has read the first three to look it over and let me know if the continuity makes sense, if you can tell who is talking at any given time and if it needs any clarification of detail.

Volunteers?

Okay, I need some help. I've finished the fourth chapter of Asphodel's and need someone who has read the first three to look it over and let me know if the continuity makes sense, if you can tell who is talking at any given time and if it needs any clarification of detail.

Volunteers?

YES please
PM received.

Last edited:
Welcome to this thread! :D

Getting naked will get you anywhere around here ;) :D Enjoy!

True!

hi...what does a girl have to do around here to get a drink? I am naked does that help?

The generally accepted method is to ask Rolf or Olaf to provide one for you. It can sometimes help to get him to fix up a suitable libation for any other members present.

Rolf,
A glass of something suitable for the membership, please. I'll have a coffee for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back