The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Writer's Market is a good place to start. Do your research. Find out everything you can on an agent or publisher before you solicit them.

Writer's Market! God, it's been a long time since I cracked that! LOL! Wow! :) Maybe I'll look into it before I send this one out. You never know. The readers round here think it's good. Really I'd like to do something for one I've got sitting on my computer that's been back burnered for over a year now. And the wheels start turning. Again there is the time issue though.:rolleyes:

Writer's Market! God, it's been a long time since I cracked that! LOL! Wow! :) Maybe I'll look into it before I send this one out. You never know. The readers round here think it's good. Really I'd like to do something for one I've got sitting on my computer that's been back burnered for over a year now. And the wheels start turning. Again there is the time issue though.:rolleyes:

Believe me, I know. I have a home and family, work 45 - 60 hours a week and have to deal with all the trauma from all the death in my family of late. That's why I'm not writing these days. At the end of the day, I just don't have the energy.

I need a different job, more money, and some hired help to keep on top of the house work. Once I take care of all that, I'll have a better schedule.

I think I better sign off for the night. Sleep well.

Believe me, I know. I have a home and family, work 45 - 60 hours a week and have to deal with all the trauma from all the death in my family of late. That's why I'm not writing these days. At the end of the day, I just don't have the energy.

I need a different job, more money, and some hired help to keep on top of the house work. Once I take care of all that, I'll have a better schedule.

I think I better sign off for the night. Sleep well.

Yeah, I'm on my way upstairs as well. Sweet dreams Sweetwitch! And thanks for everything. You've been more helpful than you know. In more ways than one.:)

'Morning, chaps! I could really have done without that interchange between Molly and Secret about becoming a real writer. It has the potential of taking my ADHK self on another mad wild-goose chase or, as my daughter so pithily put it years ago, Dad's hobby of the month. I will restrain myself, put those thoughts aside, concentrate on my profession and keep my attempts at literary creativity here . . . at least until I retire!

Now, does anyone know how to set up a dig-cam for delayed picture? I find myself owing the ladies a picture of my boots and I know that if my feet and legs aren't in them I'll catch Hell for it.

Another technological dumkopf,

'Morning, chaps! I could really have done without that interchange between Molly and Secret about becoming a real writer. It has the potential of taking my ADHK self on another mad wild-goose chase or, as my daughter so pithily put it years ago, Dad's hobby of the month. I will restrain myself, put those thoughts aside, concentrate on my profession and keep my attempts at literary creativity here . . . at least until I retire!

Now, does anyone know how to set up a dig-cam for delayed picture? I find myself owing the ladies a picture of my boots and I know that if my feet and legs aren't in them I'll catch Hell for it.

Well, when not trying to entertain the egos of men, we women tend to get down to real business.

As far as your camera is concerned, have you thought of looking at the manual?

To be honest, I was just setting up a fallback position in case I couldn't find the manual. However, I did find it. The process is easy and as soon as I can get changed and upstairs to the studio I can begin fiddling around until a satisfactory image is obtained. Will unveil this evening, m'dear. Stay warm.

ADHK? HUH? I'm shat with IM speak... And define "real writer"? Hmmm...:D

As far as the digital camera goes: If you set the camera up so that all you have to do is push the button and snap the pictures (on most cameras it "auto"), then you usually hit the "function or menu" button. If you've got one of those lovely cameras that does everything with icons because they think it's easier, then you're looking for something that looks kinda like a clock face without the numbers on it (A circle with one hand pointing to a reperesentation of how much delay time you'll have before the picture is snapped), choose that one, usually you'll have to push a select or okay button to do it. Then you set up the camera, point it at what you want. Here's the tricky part: if you're taking a picture of yourself and you're behind the camera when you want to snap the picture then the camera has nothing to autofocus on. You need to put a object or something to use for the focus where you'll be standing. Then you push the button and go to the target location. The picture will snap according to the time delay you selected if you chose correctly. And if you focused correctly and stood in the right spot correctly then you'll have a good picture. Usually this method takes practice. Good luck! :D

Yes you will be lynched if your feet are not in them! :kiss:
And yes not only is she beautiful but she's intelligent as well!
You guys all compliment Molly so I've decided to do myself! :devil:

GOOD MORNING ALL!!! :D

Well, when not trying to entertain the egos of men, we women tend to get down to real business.

As far as your camera is concerned, have you thought of looking at the manual?

Alternatively you could get someone else to push the button for you! :rolleyes:

:kiss: I'd volunteer but it might take a while to get the picture taken that way...

To be honest, I was just setting up a fallback position in case I couldn't find the manual. However, I did find it. The process is easy and as soon as I can get changed and upstairs to the studio I can begin fiddling around until a satisfactory image is obtained. Will unveil this evening, m'dear. Stay warm.

Cool. Can't wait to see.

ADHK? HUH? I'm shat with IM speak... And define "real writer"? Hmmm...:D

As far as the digital camera goes: If you set the camera up so that all you have to do is push the button and snap the pictures (on most cameras it "auto"), then you usually hit the "function or menu" button. If you've got one of those lovely cameras that does everything with icons because they think it's easier, then you're looking for something that looks kinda like a clock face without the numbers on it (A circle with one hand pointing to a reperesentation of how much delay time you'll have before the picture is snapped), choose that one, usually you'll have to push a select or okay button to do it. Then you set up the camera, point it at what you want. Here's the tricky part: if you're taking a picture of yourself and you're behind the camera when you want to snap the picture then the camera has nothing to autofocus on. You need to put a object or something to use for the focus where you'll be standing. Then you push the button and go to the target location. The picture will snap according to the time delay you selected if you chose correctly. And if you focused correctly and stood in the right spot correctly then you'll have a good picture. Usually this method takes practice. Good luck! :D

Yes you will be lynched if your feet are not in them! :kiss:
And yes not only is she beautiful but she's intelligent as well!
You guys all compliment Molly so I've decided to do myself! :devil:

GOOD MORNING ALL!!! :D

Thanks, SM. :rose:

What is a "real writer?" Perhaps it is someone who takes their craft seriously, unlike those of us who just twiddle our fingers over the keys for amusement and the occasional positive feedback. I know that I fit into the latter category even though I have been published. It was a charitable thing and no, you can't find it at your local Barnes and Noble. SM, your assessment of how my camera works is spot on. Do you own an Olympus, too?

What is a "real writer?" Perhaps it is someone who takes their craft seriously, unlike those of us who just twiddle our fingers over the keys for amusement and the occasional positive feedback. I know that I fit into the latter category even though I have been published. It was a charitable thing and no, you can't find it at your local Barnes and Noble.

I take mine very seriously and some day it will be found at every bookstore across the nation and beyond.

Sigh. Someday...

And I will buy all the titles and demand that each copy be autographed.

sexy.gif
Love the legs--oh, and the boots.

I would be honored to autograph every copy. ;)

What is a "real writer?" Perhaps it is someone who takes their craft seriously, unlike those of us who just twiddle our fingers over the keys for amusement and the occasional positive feedback. I know that I fit into the latter category even though I have been published. It was a charitable thing and no, you can't find it at your local Barnes and Noble. SM, your assessment of how my camera works is spot on. Do you own an Olympus, too?

Nope but I worked for THE evil retail empire here for some years as a overrated manager for the 1-hour photo department. I could probably operate any piece of photographic equipment that they are capable of selling, tell you the pros and cons, talk you into buying one that you don't really need but would make me more money, etc, etc, etc. It's one of the many areas that I am unfortunately overly edumacated on. I'm also pretty good with the technical specs of dvd recorders, camcorders, and the rest of that hullabaloo. I got very used to having to explain to adults that their 8 year old was right and more capable of operating their new 500+ dollar camera than they were. :D So yeah...

I always loved that. When little Joey was trying to tell daddy how the camera worked and daddy told Joey to let the pretty lady talk, but Joey was absolutely right. :rolleyes:

That and the morons who accused me of putting red eye in their pictures, or the ones who thought I was keeping their sexually explicit pics that we weren't allowed to print under the counter. Never in all the time I worked there did I run across someone taking nude pics of themselves that were worth while! :D

Any more commercially available camera questions? :kiss:

I take mine very seriously and some day it will be found at every bookstore across the nation and beyond.

Sigh. Someday...

Ditto,
Right now it is available to be purchased at the campus bookstore though. That gives me some notoriety with the peps in my classes... :rolleyes:

And I will buy all the titles and demand that each copy be autographed.

My cousin made me autograph the copy she bought...
And my husband's nephew took a copy to school with him and told all his little pre-teen friends that he knew the author. :)
I have to admit I loved that. Whenever we visited I was treated like a celebrity by all the little neighbor kids. It was sweet! :D

Okay I think I've caught up now from my absence. I got caught up in a V-Day story. It was really good!

C'mon, share! Which one was it . . . or did you mean that you were caught up in writing a story?

Both. First I was reading Slyc's entry in the v-day contest. Worth a looksee if you haven't already. Then I was trying studiously to finish the latest chapter in one of my stories. Not v-day oriented. But I've been getting pleading e-mails asking for it. I'm having a rough go of this one. I hate to disappoint people. But I feel like I'm forcing it out and that's not good. I even took time off to write something else thinking that I might be inspired when I go back, but still nothing. I can honestly say I don't really know why they like so much. I feel a bit obligated to give it an ending, but it's not lending itself to a quick conclusion. Any one out there fancy a co-write? Maybe if I had someone to play off of I could get the rest in line. :confused: That's worked for me in the past. As it sits, I'll hammer it out and post if and see what happens. I'm more than capable of writing on demand. I'm just bored with this one I think... :(

Hi Mark! :kiss:
And I would love to let you do the kissing! :devil:
Glad to see you're up. How you feeling?

Feeling stronger, love -- strong enough to give you a run for your money, if I weren't still trapped in this bed.

By the way, I loved your boots. Very sexy, when you come right down to it. I can see you wearing those boots and that hot black thing you had on the other day, brandishing your sword with gusto. Very hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back