The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big blighters, ain't they?

We have Sitka, Roe, Red, Fallow & Muntjak deer, and they are all within a few miles of my house. As I drive across the chase, they can often be seen, and in the right season, they have been known to kill the odd car.
And they are beautiful.

And they taste good, too . . . :cool:

And they taste good, too . . . :cool:

Sadly, (?) there are some very, very strict Rules.
In places which were once a "Royal Hunting Forest", as is our local area, one might get the impression that the ancient punishment for theft of a deer have not changed since the days of Robin Hood. You'd not be far wrong, either.
Venison has to be purchased through a licensed dealer and the corpses of those deer culled are usually the product so dealt.
And don't even think about trying to do a bit of hunting. . .
:)

In places which were once a "Royal Hunting Forest", as is our local area, one might get the impression that the ancient punishment for theft of a deer have not changed since the days of Robin Hood. You'd not be far wrong, either.
Venison has to be purchased through a licensed dealer and the corpses of those deer culled are usually the product so dealt.

My place which is a half acre backs up on 2500 acres of forest land. It used to belong to a paper company and was leased out to a hunt club. Part of it has been bought to make 5 and 10 acre home tracts out of.

I kill at least one deer a year in my backyard. By tagging it as a nuance deer, one that eats flowers and or garden crops, I don't even need a license. The area is over populated and a young doe helps with that and the game warden agrees.

There are ways here but probably not over there.

Hello all!

And how are we on this fine September afternoon? The weather here is just beautiful. Low 70s, sunny, breezy. It lifts the spirits, it really does.

I don't know if I'm much better with this illness I've been battling, but I've decided to ignore it and get on with my life. So ... that's what I'm doing!

I do need a new avatar. I'm going to go look for one now. Something fresh and new for starting again! Fever/viral infection/bizarre illness be damned!

Rolf! Cherry Limeade, STAT! :cathappy:

There, how about that? It kind of sums up how I feel right now, and I do have a phoenix tattoo, so it works.

Plus someone just sent me a PM complementing me on my feet photo, and then following up the compliment with something ... unsettling? Not the idea, I mean I'm open minded, it was just the way it was phrased. Ick. :rolleyes:

Hunting in California is pretty regulated, too, though I think it's probably easier than in the UK. However, I do know that deer stalking is a growing pastime there, since the only predators in the Isles big enough to take a deer walk around on two legs. Of course, if your zanies really do manage to reintroduce wolves, as some of them would like . . .

I posted another Horner Springs Institute chapter. It should be up in a couple of days.

Popping in to get a drink ready for Duchess after seeing her blurt.

Heya Shea, I hope you're feeling better. Sorry to hear about the unsettling remarks, but you do have really nice feet.:rose:

Erm . .
WTF
"STAT" ?

You know, as in:

Stat, an abbreviation of the Latin statim, "immediately", often used in medical contexts such as in hospital emergency rooms

And HP, What the fuck does WTF mean? ;)

Thanks, John, your footsie compliment was much nicer than the other one. :)

You know, as in:

Stat, an abbreviation of the Latin statim, "immediately", often used in medical contexts such as in hospital emergency rooms

Thanks, John, your footsie compliment was much nicer than the other one. :)

It may only be 4am here, but I'll go ahead and get coffee started.

You're very welcome, Shea. :rose:

You know, as in:

)

Not being a willing inhabiter of Medical anythings, let alone Emergency Rooms, the expression 'Stat' was unknown to me (I don't recall it's use in "Body of Proof", which is about as near as I get to anything medical, and that's on our TV screens).

Re: WTF; are you serious? What the fuck ring any bells?

Did someone say coffee....

What an opportune moment.
Rolf: Coffee over here, if you please. . .

Last edited:
Not being a willing inhabiter of Medical anythings, let alone Emergency Rooms, the expression 'Stat' was unknown to me (I don't recall it's use in "Body of Proof", which is about as near as I get to anything medical, and that's on our TV screens).

Re: WTF; are you serious? What the fuck ring any bells?

Of course I'm not serious, HP! (giggle) That's why I asked WHAT THE FUCK does WTF mean! Get it? It's a joke I got from the Simon Peg movie World's End. I've been waiting for weeks to use it ... :D

Of course I'm not serious, HP! (giggle) That's why I asked WHAT THE FUCK does WTF mean! Get it? It's a joke I got from the Simon Peg movie World's End. I've been waiting for weeks to use it ... :D

LOL, I haven't seen it yet. Seen Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and Paul. Any good?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back