The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cantaloupe_lead.jpg

But if you look at the one Dampy posted, you can tell it's a cantaloupe. I love cantaloupe. Honeydew, not so much.

Yes, it's definitely cantaloupe. I love all of them. All of them are also classified as muskmelon.

I take that back. I don't really like crenshaw. It's a little bitter for me.

Evening Molly, Bear, and anyone else still about.

What a hell of a day. If there was such a thing as red-white-and-blue beer, I'd have one right now.

But I'm settling for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. Pretty good, actually. Better than most shandys I have had in the past.

Yes, it's definitely cantaloupe. I love all of them. All of them are also classified as muskmelon.

I take that back. I don't really like crenshaw. It's a little bitter for me.

Yes they are. All classified as muskmelons.

I only like Cantaloupe. The rest just don't taste right for some reason.

What a hell of a day. If there was such a thing as red-white-and-blue beer, I'd have one right now.

But I'm settling for Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. Pretty good, actually. Better than most shandys I have had in the past.

I prefer ambers and not that fake amber Budweiser calls golden amber lager.

Isn't golden anything, yellow, just like all lagers?

I think the only reason they make it is because it 6% alcohol by volume.

Yes they are. All classified as muskmelons.

I only like Cantaloupe. The rest just don't taste right for some reason.

*snerk*

"Muskmelon"

*snerk*

I think I may use that as a euphemism for a very plump vagina at some point . . . . :p

I think what you're looking for is Pabst Blue Ribbon. http://www.realfooduniversity.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/pbr.jpg
It's some seriously nasty shit.

I'm off to bed, y'all. Sleep well.

I prefer ambers and not that fake amber Budweiser calls golden amber lager.

Isn't golden anything, yellow, just like all lagers?

I think the only reason they make it is because it 6% alcohol by volume.

Budweiser is crap as far as I'm concerned. End of story. Same with the products of Miller and Coors, and, unfortunately now, Heineken.

The megacorp pisswater producers are feeling the bite from all these quality microbrews and imports which actually brew beer instead of something that vaguely resembles and tastes like it. So their new campaign is to provide things like Bud Select and Black Crown, with higher alcohol content but the same watered-down taste.

Unfortunately, the lambs listen to the loudest voice and will continue to shell out nine bucks for a six-pack of Bud when they can get better quality from, say, Leinenkugel, Spaten, Yuengling, New Belgium or Rogue and save a dollar or more.

[/end rant] :p

Indeed. A tall, rotund, gloriously curvaceous glutton for all things carnal. ;)

Good call.

How ya doing, Dampy?

If it hadn't been for the "tall", I could have played her in the movie version. :p

Doing good, thanks. Spent the entire day just lolling about. :) How about you?

If it hadn't been for the "tall", I could have played her in the movie version. :p

Doing good, thanks. Spent the entire day just lolling about. :) How about you?

The "tall" part I just threw in. Actually, now that I think of it, I could base "Muskmelon" off a very cherubic and curvaceous girl I once dated who was only 5'2" . . . .

Or a certain Persian/Indian woman I know from Lit :devil:

See my post in the 4th of July thread. It's been a good day. ;)

Last edited:
The "tall" part I just threw in. Actually, now that I think of it, I could base "Muskmelon" off a very cherubic and curvaceous girl I once dated who was only 5'2" . . . .

Or a certain Persian/Indian woman I know from Lit :devil:

See my post in the 4th of July thread. It's been a good day. ;)

5'2" would be the perfect muskmelon. They're rounder rather than taller anyhow. :D

That was a really lovely post on the 4th thread. You have a sweet girl. :)

5'2" would be the perfect muskmelon. They're rounder rather than taller anyhow. :D

That was a really lovely post on the 4th thread. You have a sweet girl. :)

I do, don't I? Man, she surprises me every day with her creativity, her energy, her intelligence, her . . . everything. Tonight was no exception. Just the sound of her little voice in the sudden silence following the applause . . . .

Damn it. Now I'm tearing up again. :p

For the record, I'm NOT a softie. ;)

I do, don't I? Man, she surprises me every day with her creativity, her energy, her intelligence, her . . . everything. Tonight was no exception. Just the sound of her little voice in the sudden silence following the applause . . . .

Damn it. Now I'm tearing up again. :p

For the record, I'm NOT a softie. ;)

Sure you're not. :D

SUCCESS!!!!
I think I got some awesome pics of the fireworks. Sitting in the park right now waiting for the traffic to clear out. But I'll post them the moment I get home.

SUCCESS!!!!
I think I got some awesome pics of the fireworks. Sitting in the park right now waiting for the traffic to clear out. But I'll post them the moment I get home.

Lovely! Looking forward to them. :)

Kewl! I'd like to see them as well.

My wife and I tried to capture some of the fireworks with our camera as well, but it just didn't work out. Neither she nor I are good enough at that sort of thing.

Post them when you can, John. ;)

Budweiser is crap as far as I'm concerned. End of story. Same with the products of Miller and Coors, and, unfortunately now, Heineken.

The megacorp pisswater producers are feeling the bite from all these quality microbrews and imports which actually brew beer instead of something that vaguely resembles and tastes like it. So their new campaign is to provide things like Bud Select and Black Crown, with higher alcohol content but the same watered-down taste.

Unfortunately, the lambs listen to the loudest voice and will continue to shell out nine bucks for a six-pack of Bud when they can get better quality from, say, Leinenkugel, Spaten, Yuengling, New Belgium or Rogue and save a dollar or more.

[/end rant] :p

Yes. But. There always is a but. But, there are brands or would you call them sub-brands of the major brands that do pop up with a good product.

I have found a beer, here in Texas, you might be able to get it over there in SA, that I find good, not just passable. And even though it is brewed and bottled by Anheuser-Busch I like it.

Ziegen Bock Amber. If you see it grab a six pack. It really isn't bad.

Yes. But. There always is a but. But, there are brands or would you call them sub-brands of the major brands that do pop up with a good product.

I have found a beer, here in Texas, you might be able to get it over there in SA, that I find good, not just passable. And even though it is brewed and bottled by Anheuser-Busch I like it.

Ziegen Bock Amber. If you see it grab a six pack. It really isn't bad.

I've tried it. It's not bad, but Shiner beats it hollow. ;)

Quite a few micros have been bought out by some of the big boys. To their credit, a lot of them (the micros) have resisted going full-on commercial and compromising their craftsmanship. Blue Moon used to be one of those. Used to be. I'm of the mind that, for most of the little guys, once they're bought out it's only a matter of time before they are assimilated into the Borg-like world of domestic "beer" brewing.

Okay, now I'm starting to sound like some kind of conspiracy theorist. :p

I'm going to present a certificate of thanks to a group of 11 & 12-year-old kids who've raised nearly £450 for the charity I work for, by selling second-hand books, a project on which I've been acting as their "real world" mentor. I am SO proud of them... And I feel a little bit like Lord Sugar in The Apprentice.

I love my job... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back