The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt an affinity for Egyptian mythology and artwork. Their stories were always so ... dark and stern. With interesting drama, but not always the kind of soap opera drama you find sometimes with the Greeks and Romans. I also like how the symbolism, and the characteristics of their gods are so tied to the natural world the found around them ... Anubis, Horus, the scarab ... so many bird heads, and I love birds. Always weighing to see what's fair.

If it weren't so late, I could probably explain it better but ... you know ... cradle of civilization and all ... :rolleyes:

I've always felt an affinity for Egyptian mythology and artwork. Their stories were always so ... dark and stern. With interesting drama, but not always the kind of soap opera drama you find sometimes with the Greeks and Romans. I also like how the symbolism, and the characteristics of their gods are so tied to the natural world the found around them ... Anubis, Horus, the scarab ... so many bird heads, and I love birds. Always weighing to see what's fair.

If it weren't so late, I could probably explain it better but ... you know ... cradle of civilization and all ... :rolleyes:

I read a bit about ancient western cultures. Sadly, not enough about the Egyptains. But I agree they sound brutal. Thousands of slaves working on the pyramids only for the workers to be entombed in them as well.

Gah! I know what I want for my story, but I cant get it through my fingers.

I keep thinking there needs to be a machine that would translate thoughts to words on paper. I am way too lazy to be a disciplined writer.

That would be perfect, except that I would have to delete half the things that come out.

Not even waiting for the sound of the last shot to clear, John burst forward running. In mid run he...........Aww, what a cute kitty picture. I love kitties.......dropped his M4, allowing the sling to catch and take the full weight of the rifle distributed around his neck and shoulder. His hand......Where are my kitties by the way? I could use a good cuddle....reached down and instinctively made its way down to his pistol. His thumb quickly flicking off the safety strap while he yanked it........Oh, I should watch the crash from last years Talledega race.........out of his thigh holster, quickly switching off the safety as he skidded to a stop about fifty yards.......OMG, the Halo 5 trailer is out!........from his targets.

Yes, I did use what I'm working on right now in that little bit. ;)

shea, I'm not ignoring you...I clicked on your blog link and am enjoying it way too much. :eek:

I keep thinking there needs to be a machine that would translate thoughts to words on paper. I am way too lazy to be a disciplined writer.

Oh, well, by all means, dampy, read away and enjoy. That's what it's there for! ;)

And yes, I need one of those machines badly. My Nude Day story is languishing because it is so pretty in my head and it's not coming out right at all ...:mad:

Oh, well, by all means, dampy, read away and enjoy. That's what it's there for! ;)

And yes, I need one of those machines badly. My Nude Day story is languishing because it is so pretty in my head and it's not coming out right at all ...:mad:

LOL Would the picture motivation work for you? :rolleyes::p

That would be perfect, except that I would have to delete half the things that come out.

Not even waiting for the sound of the last shot to clear, John burst forward running. In mid run he...........Aww, what a cute kitty picture. I love kitties.......dropped his M4, allowing the sling to catch and take the full weight of the rifle distributed around his neck and shoulder. His hand......Where are my kitties by the way? I could use a good cuddle....reached down and instinctively made its way down to his pistol. His thumb quickly flicking off the safety strap while he yanked it........Oh, I should watch the crash from last years Talledega race.........out of his thigh holster, quickly switching off the safety as he skidded to a stop about fifty yards.......OMG, the Halo 5 trailer is out!........from his targets.

Yes, I did use what I'm working on right now in that little bit. ;)

LOL! On the other hand, it's easier to edit than to write it in the first place. :cool:

Hello all!

Whatcha up to? I have put away the cranky pants for now (the two Blue Moons I enjoyed this evening may have helped) and I'm ignoring everything I need to do to get ready to go out of town this weekend. I'm trying to write a little, and also trying to ignore my book's siren call.

I seem to be missing some photographic opportunities ... John? Slyc? Why Steve, you handsome devil, why do you look sooo familiar? :rolleyes:

I really hope we get some fricking sunshine this weekend, I'm tired of April weather in June/July.

I'm also trying to not become too obsessed with another tattoo idea. I can't really afford one until the fall/winter, and it doesn't make sense to get a new tattoo in the summer. But I waaaaaannntt it! :D

I don't think I need another beer. The laundry will never get done. But I could use something cold and sweet. How about a large slushy cherry limeade? Rolf? Olaf?

Can I help it if Harry Connick Jr looks like me? Lucky devil... ;)

Carrot...and a stick. :devil:

Hehe, yeah, probably.

Hello Steve, want a gin and tonic? Just finished making one.

Ah, Steve, I bet your handsomeness puts him to shame. :)

Oh, John, you will have to put your carrot and stick .. um ... away ... for now. ;)

It's 3am and I had better get SOME sleep before the big trip tomorrow. Damn the laundry!

Have a good weekend, all, if I don't get a chance to check in!

Ah, Steve, I bet your handsomeness puts him to shame. :)

Oh, John, you will have to put your carrot and stick .. um ... away ... for now. ;)

It's 3am and I had better get SOME sleep before the big trip tomorrow. Damn the laundry!

Have a good weekend, all, if I don't get a chance to check in!

Nighty night. :rose: Yeah, don't do what I did. Perform a 4 hour drive down to Portland on only three hours of sleep. :rolleyes: Have fun!

The tattoo is an Egyptian scarab with wings. Really colorful. It would sort of connect to an Eye of Ra tattoo I already have. It would be on the inside of my forearm, and the wings would wrap around my arm. Probably. I would show you an image of something similar, but I have NO idea how to share pictures here! Maybe I can put it in as my avatar? Hmmm ... I'll try it.

I'll look for an image and try to download it ...

It's not the Eye of Ra. At least not in the Middle period.
It's the divine scarab holding (pushing) the Sun-disk upwards.
It's very 'pretty', though.

I read a bit about ancient western cultures. Sadly, not enough about the Egyptians. But I agree they sound brutal. Thousands of slaves working on the pyramids only for the workers to be entombed in them as well.

Much of the work of pyramid-building was voluntary (a reduction in taxes, etc.)
and undertaken at times when the harvest or planting was not done.

G&T at 10.30 in the morning? Tempting...

Make it a V&T and you're on... ;)

Can I have one as well please?
The sun is nearly over the yard-arm. What little sun we can see.

It's not the Eye of Ra. At least not in the Middle period.
It's the divine scarab holding (pushing) the Sun-disk upwards.
It's very 'pretty', though.

I thought shea was saying the scarab tattoo would connect to an Eye of Ra tattoo she already has.

Good morning, I'm putting coffee on now. I'll get the blender going if anyone wants a frappe. ;)

*peeks out window, grumbling* Well, tennis is on, so I might as well get up. Please, please tell me this latest wave of oppressive humidity will pass soon.

I'm too scattered for that. I just need to remember that I can use my phone as a dictation device.

It's the cross you both must bear, right? ;)

Good morning, I'm putting coffee on now. I'll get the blender going if anyone wants a frappe. ;)
Yes, please. Coffee, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back