The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I helped out my mother last weekend planting beans and tomato plants. Been so long since I did any gardening, totally out of my league. But oh well, she needed the help with her bad back and all. But it is awesome when you can make a salad with everything from your back yard.

I'd really like to enjoy the fruits of my labor, so to speak. I just hate the idea of all the work I'd have to do upfront. Worse still, my wife will want to get involved, and she'll make it all complicated . . . :p

Seriously, though, a garden is on our list of things to do. There are just so damn many things on that list.

Here are those piccies as promised. :rose:
This was before http://sdrv.ms/XzQLWX
During http://sdrv.ms/11zMq5v
Now after http://sdrv.ms/ZMuQgL ...yes, just for you, Duchess ;):devil:

Edit: fixed link

:D:D:D

Man, that is impressive! And the room clearing is good too. LOL.

Bacon sarnie for you! Willie, I think you're still on your diet? Although by the sound of your life at the moment, you need all the energy you can get! ;)

Now I'll just rush upstairs and kick a few butts out of bed, check who needs sandwiches today, run down and put on the hot chocolate, the coffee, and otherwise loaf about in that lazy way so typical of the MILF, LOL.

:rose: for the gorgeous jeans! a sight to cheer a woman's heart on a sunny morning in Stepford. :kiss:

I'd really like to enjoy the fruits of my labor, so to speak. I just hate the idea of all the work I'd have to do upfront. Worse still, my wife will want to get involved, and she'll make it all complicated . . . :p

Seriously, though, a garden is on our list of things to do. There are just so damn many things on that list.

Seriously, just start with a small corner. Do a planter bed, like Molly suggested. Do a few plant pots. Gardening is one of those things that you can just do as much as you want to, it doesn't have to be a big PROJECT. It's much more fun if you just pootle about at it.
:heart:

Willie, I think you're still on your diet? Although by the sound of your life at the moment, you need all the energy you can get! ;)

Actually, I made bacon with dinner tonight. Cheese, bacon and red pepper omelettes. I'm keeping up my energy level with plenty of protein and lots of water. ;)

. . . thank God the girlfriend only comes over on the weekends . . . .

My wife and I are thinking about adopting a supplement to our diet. We've already cut out trans fats, fried foods, preservatives and such, and are sticking to as many organic fruits and veggies as we can (thanks to our local grocery store, which has pretty high standards). But we're considering adding HCG to our diet, which has been involved in dietary studies for more than fifty years, and which, for me at least, would increase my testosterone level. Methinks I may need it. ;)

Alas, the night, and the bed, calls to me.

Have a wonderful day, Naoko, and good night to you, John. ;)

And a blissful
Good Morning to all.
Here in the distant East (ie., EU), the sun has risen brightly and the weather is warm; warm enough (17C) for me to go fishing today, anyway.

As if that's not enough, I weighed myself. I am still loosing weight !
The evil Queen of Numbers (aka. my Doctor) will be pleased.

Coffee, anyone ?

And a blissful
Good Morning to all.
Here in the distant East (ie., EU), the sun has risen brightly and the weather is warm; warm enough (17C) for me to go fishing today, anyway.

Coffee, anyone ?

Way to go, HP! That's fantastic. You must be jolly chuffed. And I forgot to post earlier how impressed I am that you've kept up the exercise regime.
:rose:
(On my latest expedition to Über Stepford I had to kick the Outlaw Dad out the door yet again for a gentle stroll, with delicately worded reminders that if he doesn't get a very little exercise sorted he can look forward to many bedridden years. I am genuinely impressed.)

The prospect of a Willie with even more testosterone (<snerk>) is one which can only make us gurrls tremble like leaves in the wind! :devil:

Duh, I was just booking the cat into the vet when I heard a rattling in the cupboards, and realised she was in among the martini glasses! (which a very good friend of the Fella's gave us when he heard we were about to have a baby. :rolleyes: You'll be surprised to hear that they haven't seen a lot of use over the years of fattening Piglet up for market.)

It's still Oh dark thirty over here HP and the day is supposed to be cool with chance of rain. No not like Welsh rain, more like a misty sun.
I got up early and will make coffee to toast the sunrise.

I ought to pump up the tires on the bike and get in a few miles today.

Last edited:
It's still Oh dark thirty over here HP and the day is supposed to be cool with chance of rain. No not like Welsh rain, more like a misty sun.
I got up early and will make coffee to toast the sunrise.

Mmm, share a cup with me! HP's gone fishing. No, he really has.

How Colombian French Roast sound, it's brewing as we type.

I'm still muzzy and sort of out of it.

Mmm what a delicious smell!

I'm like that most days, I just go with it and get on with the polishing: silver, another draft of a chapter, same thing really. ;)

A little morning music?

Nora Jones 'Come Away with Me'

Her debut album is beautiful, open a new window for it and you can listen while surfing.

Sorry,:rolleyes: did you say another daft chapter?

LOL, I meant one of my own! I love your daft, I mean draft, chapters, too, tho' dahlink!
I just have this little thing to do for HP, and some political leaflets to deliver, and some more washing to hang out ... and I could have 10 minutes for your piece! (It may have to be tonight, sweet thing! I ran into my friend with the disgustingly awful ex-husband in the cafe and we were blurting.)

Ahah! I have faithfully followed John's beautifully presented instructions on how to upload piccies, and I'm able to give you this lovely swan picture by HP! Has it worked? I listened to Two Steps From Hell while doing it to make sure I got it right.

http://sdrv.ms/15mIY4s

(Well, it works for me! Now all I have to do is sell John's exquisitely easy to follow tutorial for vast sums of money and I will be able to free him from his dull job and employ him to carry my laundry around in small and easily manageable loads forever. :devil:)

LOL, I meant one of my own! I love your daft, I mean draft, chapters, too, tho' dahlink!
I just have this little thing to do for HP, and some political leaflets to deliver, and some more washing to hang out ... and I could have 10 minutes for your piece! (It may have to be tonight, sweet thing! I ran into my friend with the disgustingly awful ex-husband in the cafe and we were blurting.)

Ex-husbands are generally disgusting. Almost as bad as ex-wives.

The swan was a nice pix. We have Canadian Geese here that hang around all year. I was living on a golf course for a while and they would hang around the water hazard, behind my place and drive the golfers nuts. Which wasn't a long drive.:)

Now it's the turkeys that live in the woods behind my house and all though the neighborhoods around here, the keep my GD up watching them. In our neighborhood we have turkey crossing signs on the roads. They never cross quickly though and it can cause a lot of frustration as sometimes they change their minds and wander back and forth.
Turkeys are interesting in breeding season, the males strut and spread their tails and puff up, they are very colorful. But so stupid.:D

Start small. Build a simple box made of 2X10's and fill it with organic materials. Plant a few greens and a tomato plant or two. It takes about ten minutes to construct the box if you have the wood cut to length at your lumberyard. You can research the proper mix of materials, but it's pretty simple. The fencing can be attached to the box and, voila, it's done.
Sounds like Square-Foot Gardening. My mother gave me a book on it since the ground in our backyard is almost complete clay.

Maybe anna and I can swap some gardening? And allergy sympathy. Mine hasn't kicked in yet this year; I found a really good nasal spray for it, I'll see if I can find the name. We must sort out that virtual Star Trek date with Shea! that would be so :cool:.

'Lo, Di!
Naoko, I've got a good nasal spray; it's just really tricky to get it to work when my nose is so stuffy. Things are better now. Our movie opens this weekend, right? Next week will be nearly impossible for me, but I'm sure the three of us will find a date to see it.

Lol, a flowerbox garden would serve no purpose here. Besides, if I'm gonna do it, I'll do it right. I'll want rows with a good variety of harvestable goodies.
I'm going to find a link to that square-foot gardening. It won't really help with the fencing, but you might be surprised at just how much you can get out of it in terms of harvestable goodies.

And a blissful
Good Morning to all.

Coffee, anyone ?
Good morning and congratulations on the weight loss! I hope the fishing goes well for you. :)

Ex-husbands are generally disgusting. Almost as bad as ex-wives.

The swan was a nice pix. We have Canadian Geese here that hang around all year. I was living on a golf course for a while and they would hang around the water hazard, behind my place and drive the golfers nuts. Which wasn't a long drive.:)

Now it's the turkeys that live in the woods behind my house and all though the neighborhoods around here, the keep my GD up watching them. In our neighborhood we have turkey crossing signs on the roads. They never cross quickly though and it can cause a lot of frustration as sometimes they change their minds and wander back and forth.
Turkeys are interesting in breeding season, the males strut and spread their tails and puff up, they are very colorful. But so stupid.:D
Oh, those Canada Geese are a hazard on or off the golf course.

Sounds like Square-Foot Gardening. My mother gave me a book on it since the ground in our backyard is almost complete clay.

Naoko, I've got a good nasal spray; it's just really tricky to get it to work when my nose is so stuffy. Things are better now. Our movie opens this weekend, right? Next week will be nearly impossible for me, but I'm sure the three of us will find a date to see it.

I'm going to find a link to that square-foot gardening. It won't really help with the fencing, but you might be surprised at just how much you can get out of it in terms of harvestable goodies.

Good morning and congratulations on the weight loss! I hope the fishing goes well for you. :)

Oh, those Canada Geese are a hazard on or off the golf course.

Have you thought about large pots if you have clay soil. I got some large double walled plastic pots at Costco and rigged them up with a drip watering system. They are about 2 1/2 feet high and wide. I used a seaweed soil mix for them and it keeps the moisture very well. I put tomato cages in a couple and it makes the picking the cheery tomatoes very easy. and weeding is a snap. It also keeps you from watering the weeds.:D

The geese used to like the tee off area as the grass was sweeter on them and cause the golfers to curse the 'goose grease' they left behind. :D

Have you thought about large pots if you have clay soil. I got some large double walled plastic pots at Costco and rigged them up with a drip watering system. They are about 2 1/2 feet high and wide. I used a seaweed soil mix for them and it keeps the moisture very well. I put tomato cages in a couple and it makes the picking the cheery tomatoes very easy. and weeding is a snap. It also keeps you from watering the weeds.:D

The geese used to like the tee off area as the grass was sweeter on them and cause the golfers to curse the 'goose grease' they left behind. :D
Using large pots was my original idea. When we bought the place, I hacked out a small section of lawn for an herb garden, then my mother helped me hack out even more for a few flowers. It didn't take me long to realize most annuals weren't going to do very well.

Since we'd been in condos, I had a good collection of pots already and was using them. However, the fella decided that he didn't like the way our tomatoes grew in the pots. Well, they didn't do much better in the clay either, so mom sent me this:

http://www.squarefootgardening.org/?page_id=1607

Because of our annual travel, all we did was create a box for tomatoes and add marigolds (keeps some of the rabbits out) and a few more herbs. We're not strict about marking out the squares in the box, but it really does work for creating a better environment for the plants, since we know what the soil is. It also keeps the weeds down.

Afternoon all. I'm heading home early! Got to pick the boys up from the childminder today. It's a scorcher here, too.

How's everyone doing?

Using large pots was my original idea. When we bought the place, I hacked out a small section of lawn for an herb garden, then my mother helped me hack out even more for a few flowers. It didn't take me long to realize most annuals weren't going to do very well.

Since we'd been in condos, I had a good collection of pots already and was using them. However, the fella decided that he didn't like the way our tomatoes grew in the pots. Well, they didn't do much better in the clay either, so mom sent me this:

http://www.squarefootgardening.org/?page_id=1607

Because of our annual travel, all we did was create a box for tomatoes and add marigolds (keeps some of the rabbits out) and a few more herbs. We're not strict about marking out the squares in the box, but it really does work for creating a better environment for the plants, since we know what the soil is. It also keeps the weeds down.

I like the pots as it doesn't require stooping to pick the fruit and it keeps the rabbits from getting to them. I only have lilies now but may put tomatoes in the three with the cages.

I like the pots as it doesn't require stooping to pick the fruit and it keeps the rabbits from getting to them. I only have lilies now but may put tomatoes in the three with the cages.

Afternoon to you too, Jack. Doing fine, thanks for asking... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back