The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening...eh...morning everyone. Just got back and Iron Man 3 was awesome! :D

Oh, we all did. :devil:

I think it's safe to say our girlfriend now knows why my wife is so happy most of the time. ;)

What lucky ladies!
;)

John, that was the perfect review. Told us what we needed to know, and no spoilers!
:heart:

I'm off to Über Stepford shortly for quality time with the Outlaws. I probably won't be able to log in much, so if I'm MIA a couple of days, don't worry that I've been sucked up my own hoover while experimenting on the stairs. :devil:

:kiss::rose::kiss:

What lucky ladies!
;)

John, that was the perfect review. Told us what we needed to know, and no spoilers!
:heart:

I'm off to Über Stepford shortly for quality time with the Outlaws. I probably won't be able to log in much, so if I'm MIA a couple of days, don't worry that I've been sucked up my own hoover while experimenting on the stairs. :devil:

:kiss::rose::kiss:

Jolly Good Luck!

Good morning, is coffee ready? Haircut, workout, then BBQ today. Grilling inside out burgers and some steak. Wish you could all join me.

Have fun, Naoko :rose:

So, the majority of the day spent watching #1 son play 3 matches in a regional rugby tournament. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster day. His team played, in the main, the best I've ever seen, but they still lost all three games. #1 scored a try, and ended up in the middle of a multiplayer brawl, but only by dint of trying to break it up. Bless 'im.

Proud dad. :D

And tomorrow I'm doing the same all over again with #2 son. I'm not sure my nerves can stand it... :rolleyes:

My sinuses are trying to kill me....

anna, I dug the bottle out of the recycling as a psa. It is called Picton Bay, a sauvignon blanc from Marlborough in New Zealand. Fresh and fruity it is not, I am here to tell you.

Yes, if only that trip to Home Depot had been more than just a dream. After I had that dream, wanting to make it real was all I could think about but alas ... it was not to be. Maybe some day. I have another dream to share in the blog, I just got too worked up recalling that one to do two in one entry. ;)

Jason Priestly is producing now, eh? Well well, I'd guess I'd better hurry up and finish the manuscript. The funniest part about it is that in my dream, he was "playing" himself, as if, after his acting and racing career, he got turned into a vampire and became the leader of a band of somewhat "good" vampires in a post-apocalyptic world. Unfortunately, he is kind of getting a little too long in the tooth to play himself in my movie. Sadly, Jason is not aging overly well...

Thanks to anna and john for test comments in the blog, now I know the problem isn't on my end.

And thanks Steve for your comment in my dreams thread. The whole chicken coop scenario was really the weirdest thing about that dream! :)

I think only virtual drinks for me tonight. May fitness month and all. Tomorrow I'm going out for sushi and really want to have some sake, too...
shea, that's really interesting about the wine. NZ is usually pretty good with Sauv Blancs, so I wonder if this is a newer winery. There are so many things that can affect wine, it's ridiculous.

Oh, and the chicken coop? I'm now hauling out the brain bleach as I am reminded of chicken coops owned by various of my in-laws. :shudder:

I'd go on a virtual date with you any day! ;) Especially to see Star Trek, when there is so much hotness to look at. I mean special effects. No I don't. Some think Chris Pine is attractive, but I think John Cho is the sexiest thing in that movie. And he's funny.
Ooh! Sign me up for this virtual date please!

Whaddaya want? A minute-by-minute description? :p

A gentleman doesn't give details . . . .
:rose: :kiss:

I thought it was funny. Rickman has a deadpan delivery that's great.
Even better, I was watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. I could just have the sound on for Rickman's delivery in that. God, I could listen to him read the phone book. *sigh*

So, the majority of the day spent watching #1 son play 3 matches in a regional rugby tournament. Bit of an emotional rollercoaster day. His team played, in the main, the best I've ever seen, but they still lost all three games. #1 scored a try, and ended up in the middle of a multiplayer brawl, but only by dint of trying to break it up. Bless 'im.

Proud dad. :D

And tomorrow I'm doing the same all over again with #2 son. I'm not sure my nerves can stand it... :rolleyes:
Aww, hugs for you and #1 son. I'm sure you'll survive tomorrow.

All this rugby talk reminds me... there's a notice on the entry table about an upcoming Ireland/Canada match. I think they're going to be playing near me.

I managed to walk a little further this evening and with a bit more confidence.
I must be getting fitter !
:)

Totally mojito weather here. ;) Heading off now to grill some burgers. Shenanigans and pictures to follow. :D

Local weather seems to be determined to fool us all. Forecast is good (warm), but the local demons seem to take delight in lowering the temperature or blowing up a cold wind. It's a bally nuisance.

Meanwhile I found a nice picture for those who'd like to be a Pirate: HERE.

Local weather seems to be determined to fool us all. Forecast is good (warm), but the local demons seem to take delight in lowering the temperature or blowing up a cold wind. It's a bally nuisance.

Meanwhile I found a nice picture for those who'd like to be a Pirate: HERE.

That woman has no idea how to hold and shoot a rifle. She's going to give herself a serious black eye when she pulls the trigger.

It seems that the south-central Texas weather is about to resume its normal steamy march here within the next few days. That's good and bad, since it means less reliance on air conditioning but more effort into watering the lawn . . . .

That woman has no idea how to hold and shoot a rifle. She's going to give herself a serious black eye when she pulls the trigger.

It seems that the south-central Texas weather is about to resume its normal steamy march here within the next few days. That's good and bad, since it means less reliance on air conditioning but more effort into watering the lawn . . . .

I thought that, depending upon the calibre of the rifle, she might need the services of a good surgeon.

Air Conditioning? I think I have a chiller in the car. . . .

I thought that, depending upon the calibre of the rifle, she might need the services of a good surgeon.

Air Conditioning? I think I have a chiller in the car. . . .

I'm guessing she's holding a garden-variety .22 and whoever took the picture spent all of five minutes showing her how to shoot it, if they bothered to teach her at all. :rolleyes:

As far as AC, our house is insulated enough that we rarely need it until the daytime temps climb into the 90s. God bless modern technology. ;)

I'm guessing she's holding a garden-variety .22 and whoever took the picture spent all of five minutes showing her how to shoot it, if they bothered to teach her at all. :rolleyes:

As far as AC, our house is insulated enough that we rarely need it until the daytime temps climb into the 90s. God bless modern technology. ;)

For some (fortunately) obscure reason, we over-60s get the occasional freebie from the local council or even the government. Last year it was house insulation, so my roof space is real thick with the soft stuff. They claimed to have wanted to do the walls, but I have the wrong kind or something (fixed ventilation slots or similar). :confused:

For some (fortunately) obscure reason, we over-60s get the occasional freebie from the local council or even the government. Last year it was house insulation, so my roof space is real thick with the soft stuff. They claimed to have wanted to do the walls, but I have the wrong kind or something (fixed ventilation slots or similar). :confused:

Ours is a new house, and the company foreman, before we moved in, went to great lengths to explain how the insulation in our house, aside from being Eco-friendly and bio-degradable and all sorts of other hyphenated terms, would help keep our power bills down. I have to give him credit for being right; we spend less than half each month, compared to our previous apartment, on electricity. Even less now that I've installed ceiling fans in most of the rooms.

My wife and I are seriously considering installing solar panels in a couple years or so, after I've graduated and gotten a good job. With the government tax breaks and power company rebates, solar panels will pay for themselves in just a few years and ultimately result in much lower bills.

I'm heading back to bed. I only hope -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- that I won't be molested by my wife and our girlfriend when I slide beneath the covers.

'Night, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back