The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fan-fucking-tastic news, HP! :D

By way of celebration, here's a wee present I spotted at work today. I saw it and thought of you...

10083.jpg

Pure nostalgic magic. Thank you.
I've got Dan Dare 2. I really should see about another of them sometime.

LOL, is it still called the Sanitary Market? I've only flipped through a few *quick! flip lamb steaks*, but I saw one that's the same shot as your avatar - only you could see a mountain in the distance in those days!

Steve - what a :cool: set. Lucky HP.

I put a little rosemary with the lamb steaks, (the rosemary is still a bit wintery and twiggy) but I thought no garlic, because Spring lamb is very tender but has a delicate flavour. Rowley Leigh says it's an affectation to eat it, the flavour is so delicate, but it is very gentle. Maybe anna can have some if I let it rest properly.

Thanks all, for the well-wishes! I'm hoping for a couple sales and a party out of it.

Burger?
Oh, the object of a dream.

Don't worry about the vampire taking a sample. The needles they use these days are smaller than hitherto and is doesn't even sting.

Good Luck
So glad to hear things went well, HP! I'm with you on dreaming about burgers.

I'll also agree with you about the needles used in drawing blood these days. john, as someone else who really, REALLY dislikes needles, they're a lot better now. I had to go in for daily bloodwork and managed to escape bruising, even with super-fine veins.

I put a little rosemary with the lamb steaks, (the rosemary is still a bit wintery and twiggy) but I thought no garlic, because Spring lamb is very tender but has a delicate flavour. Rowley Leigh says it's an affectation to eat it, the flavour is so delicate, but it is very gentle. Maybe anna can have some if I let it rest properly.
Oh, yes, I can have lamb. :)

Thanks all, for the well-wishes! I'm hoping for a couple sales and a party out of it.

So glad to hear things went well, HP! I'm with you on dreaming about burgers.

I'll also agree with you about the needles used in drawing blood these days. john, as someone else who really, REALLY dislikes needles, they're a lot better now. I had to go in for daily bloodwork and managed to escape bruising, even with super-fine veins.

Oh, yes, I can have lamb. :)

Incidentally, I'm better at leaving public comments than you... ;)

LOL, is it still called the Sanitary Market? I've only flipped through a few *quick! flip lamb steaks*, but I saw one that's the same shot as your avatar - only you could see a mountain in the distance in those days!

LOL, I know. They still have the "Sanitary Market" signs all around Pike Place even today. It's always a wonderful view when "the mountain is out". Even better when on a clear day you can see the Olympic mountain range to west and the Cascades to the east.

It may only be morning, but may I have a bite of lamb too? *puppy dog face*

Alright, I'll just be sure to look away while they're doing it. Let my mind wander about passion parties and boots. ;)

Tender sweet Spring lamb for everyone. We're not talking meaty mutton here, I'm sure it can be enjoyed at any time of day. After his no-calorie snack in Hot Arabic Chicks, even HP can enjoy some lean lamb.

LOL, go on, John, do the puppy dog eyes again.

Take a deep breath and relax your muscles for the needle. It's tensing the muscle up that makes it hurt. I'm sure thinking about anna's passion party and boots will do the trick. Remember, it's just a little prick. ;) No, don't laugh while they do it, that will tense you up!

Rooting for mega sales, anna! :heart:

A glass of Tempranillo, if you, please, Olaf...

Wow. Quiet in here, tonight. Guess everyone must be at anna's Passion Party...

<sigh>

Tender sweet Spring lamb for everyone. We're not talking meaty mutton here, I'm sure it can be enjoyed at any time of day. After his no-calorie snack in Hot Arabic Chicks, even HP can enjoy some lean lamb.

LOL, go on, John, do the puppy dog eyes again.

Take a deep breath and relax your muscles for the needle. It's tensing the muscle up that makes it hurt. I'm sure thinking about anna's passion party and boots will do the trick. Remember, it's just a little prick. ;) No, don't laugh while they do it, that will tense you up!

Rooting for mega sales, anna! :heart:

A glass of Tempranillo, if you, please, Olaf...

Wow. Quiet in here, tonight. Guess everyone must be at anna's Passion Party...

<sigh>

Nobody here yet, but I'm all ready for them... whenever they get here. The fun of having your first party as an Open House, I guess.

All y'all would be welcome to come over if you were in my area. I've got some yummy nibblies and lots of wine. A lovely selection of waters too.

Naoko, it might be best if john NOT think about my Passion Party while he's being jabbed with a needle. ;)

Oh, as for "mega sales?" I figure best case scenario: I become qualified and get two parties out of this. Worst case? I've had some friends over for some laughs. *shrug*

Dear me; yes

:D

I've always liked this image of her (it's in one of my reprint editions - might be The Red Planet...) - Hampson wasn't always great at women's faces, and the styles of the time I often found unattractive, but this struck me as a particularly feminine image of Jocelyn...

prof01.jpg

I'm on my phone so this has to be quick. John, I'm with you on the needles and the blood drawing! It's not the pain it's the anxiety. My body has an aversion to foreign objects penetrating it and it shuts down. I faint! It's horribly embarrassing. I'll tell you some funny stories sometime.

anna -- I hope you have a successful party! I wish I could go. I never walk away from one of those parties empty handed. :)

It's been pointed out that I've been a bit remiss as hostess. My apologies. How is everyone tonight?

Wine, Rolf. Right the fuck now. And lots of it. Thank you.

anna -- I hope you have a successful party! I wish I could go. I never walk away from one of those parties empty handed. :)
Thanks shea. I wish you could have been here, too.

It's been pointed out that I've been a bit remiss as hostess. My apologies. How is everyone tonight?
Well, at least my house is clean.

Oh dear, do you really want to encourage him?
Why not? I could use the laugh. ;)

God, one of my baseball teams is losing, too!

Oh dear, do you really want to encourage him?

He don't scare me none.

Wine, Rolf. Right the fuck now. And lots of it. Thank you.

Thanks shea. I wish you could have been here, too.

Well, at least my house is clean.

Why not? I could use the laugh. ;)

God, one of my baseball teams is losing, too!

Sorry, doll. Rolf is on vacation. You'll have to deal with Olaf. He's rather nasty and, owing to his height, you'll have to watch where he sticks his nose, but he'll get your drink.

Sorry, doll. Rolf is on vacation. You'll have to deal with Olaf. He's rather nasty and, owing to his height, you'll have to watch where he sticks his nose, but he'll get your drink.

Olaf, huh? In that case, I'll have a vodka and cranberry juice.

He's welcome to try sticking his nose around, but I've got some pretty good batteries here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back