The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! A cup of tea sounds perfect for this chilly "spring" evening. I'll pour some whiskey in later. ;) Hot toddy, anyone?

Tempting! on this freezing not-yet-spring morning in South Wales. Just the start I need as I head off on the train. Tip a little measure in my thermos of tea, dahlink! (that's my avatar's accent, BTW ;) )
:heart:

Good morning all. I'm going to have to get dressed at some point and head out into the wild cold with the fella. I hope I can keep my feet warm.

I already did my drinking. Who knew pineapple vodka could taste so good?
I'll join the chorus and agree - that does sound good.

This seems like such a friendly place to be right now, unlike elsewhere. Such crankiness! Is Mars in retrograde or some such?

I wish I had a drink to hoist, but I promised myself I'd only pour a whiskey if I finished my writing goal for the night. I suppose I'd better get to it.

And can we talk about snow for one minute? I just watched the USA v Costa Rica World Cup qualifier and they played the whole match in a freaking BLIZZARD! Last year at this time it was 80 degrees. Is there no happy medium? Where did spring get off to?
Welcome to the madness, sheablue. I'm with you on wondering about the weather right now. I'm so tired of the snow.

Tempting! on this freezing not-yet-spring morning in South Wales. Just the start I need as I head off on the train. Tip a little measure in my thermos of tea, dahlink! (that's my avatar's accent, BTW ;) )
:heart:
Safe travels, Naoko!

All that clanking woke me up.

Ok, so I'll make coffee

The way I'm typoing this morning I need it.
Oh, writing would be fun. I don't think I'll be home long enough today to get much done, other than daily chores, that is.

Good morning all. I'm going to have to get dressed at some point and head out into the wild cold with the fella. I hope I can keep my feet warm.

I'll join the chorus and agree - that does sound good.

Welcome to the madness, sheablue. I'm with you on wondering about the weather right now. I'm so tired of the snow.

Safe travels, Naoko!

Oh, writing would be fun. I don't think I'll be home long enough today to get much done, other than daily chores, that is.

Morning, anna. Nobody here but us chickens, by the looks of it. I'm having a lazy day. Mid-afternoon and still in my jammies (although, for the purposes of this thread I am, of course, naked...).

It's cold and windy, and I'm just not dealing with that shit today... :rolleyes:

Morning, anna. Nobody here but us chickens, by the looks of it. I'm having a lazy day. Mid-afternoon and still in my jammies (although, for the purposes of this thread I am, of course, naked...).

It's cold and windy, and I'm just not dealing with that shit today... :rolleyes:

Would you like some of our snow, mate?
I'll do you a special discount rate for multiple loads.
:)

Uh-huh. And you'll do me a further discount if I come and collect it myself...?

Umm, no. Thanks, but no. Seriously, I'm staying in my jammies all day... :D

Uh-huh. And you'll do me a further discount if I come and collect it myself...?

Umm, no. Thanks, but no. Seriously, I'm staying in my jammies all day... :D

Oh yes, an extra 10% if you collect.
But hurry while stock last.

It's very wintry in my part of the Midlands.

Lucky duck. I've already started with the laundry and am trying to continue my streak of ignoring the ironing. Eventually, I'll have to bite the bullet and do it. However, there is a kitchen that needs cleaning....

Oh, and I could go lounge in the bath... yeah, that's better!

The mister decided he needed to drag me around the mall to look for a kitchen gadget before grocery shopping. *sigh*

Oh, honey, I've got you beat, hands down on the snow. However, I'm pretty sure that either Di or Tio could say the same to me. I can almost see my back yard again!

Lucky duck. I've already started with the laundry and am trying to continue my streak of ignoring the ironing. Eventually, I'll have to bite the bullet and do it. However, there is a kitchen that needs cleaning....

Oh, and I could go lounge in the bath... yeah, that's better!

The mister decided he needed to drag me around the mall to look for a kitchen gadget before grocery shopping. *sigh*

Oh, don't get me wrong anna, I've done chores. Washing, cleaning my giant's kitchen, feeding the Wild Things. Just haven't crossed the threshold. Or gotten dressed... :eek:

*Slowly walks in, nursing a headache* Morning everyone, coffee for me please, Rolf. Late night, but was fun. Finally got myself dressed and will try to head down to the mall.

Oh, don't get me wrong anna, I've done chores. Washing, cleaning my giant's kitchen, feeding the Wild Things. Just haven't crossed the threshold. Or gotten dressed... :eek:
And don't get me wrong, steve. I'm sure you've been doing chores. I'm wishing I hadn't needed to get dressed. ;)

*Slowly walks in, nursing a headache* Morning everyone, coffee for me please, Rolf. Late night, but was fun. Finally got myself dressed and will try to head down to the mall.
The mall isn't worth it! Don't go!!

And don't get me wrong, steve. I'm sure you've been doing chores. I'm wishing I hadn't needed to get dressed. ;)

I have to meet my brother there and run some errands. Though, taking a nap in the hot tub sounds good. ;)

I've just got back from doing the weekly shop at largest local Tesco's. It took two hours plus the journey there and back.

We spent more than we intended to, as usual, and bought far too much from the reduced chilled section.

Some of the young children there were being delightful but a few were tired and upset. I remember supermarket shopping with small children. I wouldn't want to do it now.

See, all it takes is a bit of determination. I decided mid-morning that I didn't want to go out, and I just stuck to my guns. It helped that I could play the recuperation care, TBH... :D

Drinks all round!

Some of the young children there were being delightful but a few were tired and upset. I remember supermarket shopping with small children. I wouldn't want to do it now.
With my niece, my sister would either wait until she was down for a nap or asleep for the night, and leave her home with Grammy. I can't tell you how many times we went for groceries at 11pm.

By the time my nephew came along, some stores had in-store kid care. What a relief!

See, all it takes is a bit of determination. I decided mid-morning that I didn't want to go out, and I just stuck to my guns. It helped that I could play the recuperation care, TBH... :D

Drinks all round!
The recuperation card is a good one to be able to play. :)

Yes, please!! A drink sounds wonderful.

I've just got back from doing the weekly shop at largest local Tesco's. It took two hours plus the journey there and back.

We spent more than we intended to, as usual, and bought far too much from the reduced chilled section.

I don't often have many problems with little kids in our local Co-Op, because it's not very big, but big enough for my needs. I awaiting some slattern to turn up with a really noisy, objectionable child. THe resident trolls can be quite firm round here. . . .

I'm on painkillers for my back. Stupid thing went out while I was folding clean laundry! Think I'll go to bed, too. Sympathy, Molly.:rose:

Sunny day here. Purchased a new circular polarizing filter for my camera and went down to the park to snap a few pictures.

http://sdrv.ms/ZkkTlm
http://sdrv.ms/16QuUyd
http://sdrv.ms/16QuVlP
http://sdrv.ms/ZkkYFz
http://sdrv.ms/ZkkZcD
http://sdrv.ms/11xFYQE

Rolf, a mojito please. Oh, and one for Anna, Naoko, Molly and anyone else who would like one.

What super photos - you capture the bright cold sparkle of Spring sunshine. And thank you so much for putting on armour in order to help me down from the wall. I wish I'd waited around for that. LOL.

Well, that was a journey! It was raining lightly as I left my home at 6 am, then as the train pulled out of the city I saw a light dusting of snow about. By the time I got to the station where I had to change trains, there was six inches on the platform! I sure wished I'd worn my pink wellies instead of my kitten heeled slingbacks. Home at 7 pm, chilled to the bone!

Here's a shot I took when the train on the single track line hit some branches and the driver stopped to get out and go and shake his head over the track a bit, LOL.

anna, my empathy about your fella is waning a bit. He is willing to go shopping for kitchen appliances?!! I mean, mine didn't even notice the pippity-ping had gone for two days - and it was his pippity-ping.

I am sorry, though, Molly and Bear, to hear about your migraine and your back. Hope both are much better soon.

(While folding laundry? I suppose twisting it in the claws can get a bit athletic.)

Attachments

• Photo0903.jpg
    Photo0903.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20

You certainly have an eye for a picture. I like the changes in colour or texture.

I'm all drugged up on migraine meds, so I must pass--but thanks for offering.

Hard Luck Molly. Sympathy, and all that.

I'm on painkillers for my back. Stupid thing went out while I was folding clean laundry! Think I'll go to bed, too. Sympathy, Molly.:rose:

Now that's sheer bad luck.

anna, my empathy about your fella is waning a bit. He is willing to go shopping for kitchen appliances?!! I mean, mine didn't even notice the pippity-ping had gone for two days - and it was his pippity-ping.

Has he ever heard of "Kim's Game" ? It's good practice.
We used to play it in the scouts.

And it is still snowing. I don't recall this sort of weather in some years !

You certainly have an eye for a picture. I like the changes in colour or texture.

Hard Luck Molly. Sympathy, and all that.

Now that's sheer bad luck.

Has he ever heard of "Kim's Game" ? It's good practice.
We used to play it in the scouts.

And it is still snowing. I don't recall this sort of weather in some years !

Yeah, I used to play Kim's Game sometimes with my Cubs. They loved it...

It's bright but very chilly, and in just over an hour I have to take son's #1 & 2 to their respective rugby matches. And I think I've just broken my flask. Boo.

Morning, HP, Naoko. Rolf, I'll take a double espresso, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back