The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's better than mine, he just shakes his head and laughs. At least he quit pointing. :rolleyes:

I hate it when they do that. Of course it's better than when they say, "I'll be right back," and return with half a dozen of their colleagues to "view" what it was they were pointing and laughing at.

I hate it when they do that. Of course it's better than when they say, "I'll be right back," and return with half a dozen of their colleagues to "view" what it was they were pointing and laughing at.

Been there, done that, got the ripped and torn hospital gown to prove it. :rolleyes:

"Resistance is futile"

It appears that this ol' bear is on his way to cyborgdom. My cataracts have reached the point that they have to come out so I've got an appointment the end of next month for the surgical consultation. Implant surgery has advanced so much that when they're done, I'll have 20/20 vision for the first time since I was eight, no astigmatism and probably no glaucoma. An in about a decade when I get my set of titanium hips and shoulders . . .

"Resistance is futile"

It appears that this ol' bear is on his way to cyborgdom. My cataracts have reached the point that they have to come out so I've got an appointment the end of next month for the surgical consultation. Implant surgery has advanced so much that when they're done, I'll have 20/20 vision for the first time since I was eight, no astigmatism and probably no glaucoma. An in about a decade when I get my set of titanium hips and shoulders . . .

Got my one done a number of years ago. Yes, your vision will be 20/20 but at a fixed distance only. The eye won't be able to change that distance like it does for a real lens. You will need bifocals for the computer, set at about fingertip length, and then for reading.

The surgery is quick and easy with no pain at all unless you let the doctor instead of the nurse take off the bandages. Mine like to have ripped my eyebrows off. I had the bandages on for less than 12 hours.

Got my one done a number of years ago. Yes, your vision will be 20/20 but at a fixed distance only. The eye won't be able to change that distance like it does for a real lens. You will need bifocals for the computer, set at about fingertip length, and then for reading.

The surgery is quick and easy with no pain at all unless you let the doctor instead of the nurse take off the bandages. Mine like to have ripped my eyebrows off. I had the bandages on for less than 12 hours.

As with all medical procedures, things have no doubt advanced enormously since you had yours done. I've peered out at the world through windows for so many years I'm really looking forward to not having them. I'm kind of leaning toward distance version in my right (shooting) eye, computer distance (22 inches) in the left and a set of reading 'cheaters' in my pocket.

As with all medical procedures, things have no doubt advanced enormously since you had yours done. I've peered out at the world through windows for so many years I'm really looking forward to not having them. I'm kind of leaning toward distance version in my right (shooting) eye, computer distance (22 inches) in the left and a set of reading 'cheaters' in my pocket.

Since I only have one working eye, my options were limited.

Different distances on each eye could cause problems. Not to mention headaches from what I have heard.

Been there, done that, got the ripped and torn hospital gown to prove it. :rolleyes:

:D

"Resistance is futile"

You two talk like a couple of old women--focused on your ills.

it could be worse, MUCH WORSE!

My younger brother, having suffered from two heart attacks, recently had a quadruple bipass. Our mother, a woman who herself had an attack over 10 years ago, took him outlet store shopping recently. He relayed the following chat:

Mother: Sweet potato fries? They'll kill you!!
Brother: They're fried in safer oil, mom.
Mother: No!!! ALL fried foods are bad! Waitress take them away from him and bring him the rice instead..
Brother: Mother, I had a bipass, not a replacement. Besides, I am ALLOWED to eat HALF of them now, the others tomorrow. (Threw a copy of his diet at her to read) Read it before you tell me anything!

And today, I had several older women at the market tell me that I shouldn't be eating donuts, 2 of them, or should I have purchases 2 bags of cheese balls or a thing of fudge covered Oreos. Now, they weren't for me, but for my 18-year-old, 5'8" tall, 110 lb son!! Yes, I'm fat and know I can't eat them, and I don't...but bitches please, STFU!!!

LOL

This isn't a discussion of ills, it's a celebration of technology and of the bright future. Let there be light!

it could be worse, MUCH WORSE!

My younger brother, having suffered from two heart attacks, recently had a quadruple bipass. Our mother, a woman who herself had an attack over 10 years ago, took him outlet store shopping recently. He relayed the following chat:

Mother: Sweet potato fries? They'll kill you!!
Brother: They're fried in safer oil, mom.
Mother: No!!! ALL fried foods are bad! Waitress take them away from him and bring him the rice instead..
Brother: Mother, I had a bipass, not a replacement. Besides, I am ALLOWED to eat HALF of them now, the others tomorrow. (Threw a copy of his diet at her to read) Read it before you tell me anything!

And today, I had several older women at the market tell me that I shouldn't be eating donuts, 2 of them, or should I have purchases 2 bags of cheese balls or a thing of fudge covered Oreos. Now, they weren't for me, but for my 18-year-old, 5'8" tall, 110 lb son!! Yes, I'm fat and know I can't eat them, and I don't...but bitches please, STFU!!!

They had no right to even speak of such things to a stranger. I think someone said "He without sin cast the first stone," or some such nonsense.

I had a heart attack almost a year ago, but I don't feel at all bad about eating a piece of chocolate from time to time. I don't eat much in the way of fried foods because I don't like them much.

LOL

This isn't a discussion of ills, it's a celebration of technology and of the bright future. Let there be light!

Okay. Just trying to keep the conversation lively.

I don't have any ills, I got fixed.

My eye also. ;)

By the way, VM,

If you think you'll just shut the eye you don't need at the time, remember it might look like you're winking and that might not be too good an idea at the gun range with the biker in the stall next door. :D

Is this lively enough for you Molly. :eek:

I'm so right eye dominant I've always shot with both eyes open. I just don't focus with the left one. Which reminds me, I need to do some reloading coming up. My .318 needs a higher front sight and the gunsmith will probably want some ammunition to adjust it with. Not a caliber one just wonders down to the gas station to find . . .

"Resistance is futile"

Some years ago (maybe a decade or so), my Mother (God rest her soul), had a cataract operation. The thing that she told me that most impressed her was 'the colours".

In my case, the next 'inspection' in in 5 weeks or so.

I'm so right eye dominant I've always shot with both eyes open. I just don't focus with the left one. Which reminds me, I need to do some reloading coming up. My .318 needs a higher front sight and the gunsmith will probably want some ammunition to adjust it with. Not a caliber one just wonders down to the gas station to find . . .

Erm. .318?. Would we call that 8mm ?.
Some details would be of interest, please.

Molly, as long as the ticker keeps ticking, we're all real pleased.

I have two, one is an old 788 Remington bolt action that I was issued in Nam'. The other is a Winchester Semi that I can't remember the number on at the present time. DUH!

180 grain corelocs in the semi as it is my up close and personal brush gun and 110 grain in the 788. With the scope on the 788, I can really reach out and touch someone easily. In some places that scope ain't even legal. :eek:

ETA: .318 is 7.62 mm

Last edited:
I don't have any ills, I got fixed.

My eye also. ;)

By the way, VM,

If you think you'll just shut the eye you don't need at the time, remember it might look like you're winking and that might not be too good an idea at the gun range with the biker in the stall next door. :D

Is this lively enough for you Molly. :eek:

Almost . . .

They sell ammo in gas stations in Cali?:eek:

Some years ago (maybe a decade or so), my Mother (God rest her soul), had a cataract operation. The thing that she told me that most impressed her was 'the colours".

Molly, as long as the ticker keeps ticking, we're all real pleased.

Aw, you're just the sweetest thing.

It was a mild electrical disruption of unknown origin. Nice diagnosis, eh? :rolleyes: Fucking doctors.

Almost . . .

They sell ammo in gas stations in Cali?:eek:

Aw, you're just the sweetest thing.

It was a mild electrical disruption of unknown origin. Nice diagnosis, eh? :rolleyes: Fucking doctors.

And we all get very excited about advances in medical science, don't we.
One day we'll be able to KNOW where the 'origin' was and do something about it.
Till then, keep taking the Tablets, Molly.:rose:

And we all get very excited about advances in medical science, don't we.
One day we'll be able to KNOW where the 'origin' was and do something about it.
Till then, keep taking the Tablets, Molly.:rose:

They fed me their poison drugs, which caused other problems. Then they wanted to fix the new problems with a knife, remove parts of me that I need to live a normal life.

I fixed it myself. I stopped taking their poison pills and did a study of my diet, symptoms and issues. I discovered what the problem was and also discovered it could easily be fixed with one sea kelp capsule a day. They can keep their toxic concoctions. Screw 'em.

They fed me their poison drugs, which caused other problems. Then they wanted to fix the new problems with a knife, remove parts of me that I need to live a normal life.

I fixed it myself. I stopped taking their poison pills and did a study of my diet, symptoms and issues. I discovered what the problem was and also discovered it could easily be fixed with one sea kelp capsule a day. They can keep their toxic concoctions. Screw 'em.

The Witch vs the Witchdoctors, the next great epic by Mollywens :D

The .318 Westley Richards is the grand old medium bore that, prior to WWII, was in just about every Anglo-African's battery. Not really big enough for dangerous game (except for leopard) it did yeoman's work providing meat for the pot and vermin control (read hyenas, etc.) The bore diameter is odd, .330 and the normal load is a 250 gr. bullet at 2400 fps. It's a great killer of anything up to the size of moose because that long bullet has such sectional density that it won't slow down, even when expanded to maximum diameter. It's the historical ancestor of the .333 OKH and the modern .338/06. I love it.

ETA: And yes, in rural areas (not where I live!) they sell ammunition, hunting licenses and fish bait in gas stations in California. Where I live I have to drive a bout three miles in my choice of directions to either a Big 5 or a Sports Connection if I want factory ammo. Of course, I've loaded up so much that I've got several lifetime's supply in my garage . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back