The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go light on the sauce. Too much sugar. This stupid diet you put me on won't even let me have Xmas cookies. Meanie.

Whut's a Christmas without cookies? I mean, really. That sucks out loud. Have a couple at least. Hey, it's a holiday, y'know. :D

Well, naked under the apron. I mean, who wants to spill hot anything on your front?

Molly, I feel your pain. And in my case its for life, not just the duration of the diet. Thank heaven for Splenda and agave syrup!

Well, naked under the apron. I mean, who wants to spill hot anything on your front?

Molly, I feel your pain. And in my case its for life, not just the duration of the diet. Thank heaven for Splenda and agave syrup!

I think Splenda is a sugar substitute.
But Agave syrup ? wass'at?

Molly, dear, is this diet a result of something to do with your ticker or something new ?.
I do hope it all goes OK for you, anyway. :rose:

Agave syrup is made from the same plant as tequila. It's a 100% fructose sweetener so it takes considerably longer to assimilate than does regular sugar, called sucrose. As such, it is safe for diabetics because the sugar doesn't all wash into the blood at once. It's quite a bit sweeter than sucrose so you use less for a given amount of flavor, another good thing. The only drawback is that it is a liquid and so if you use it in baking you have to adjust the amount of other liquids you add to the cookies. Somewhere out there is an experimental baker who is going to cash in big time by writing a book of agave sweetened whole grain desserts. I'd sure buy it!

It's for life for me, too. With a near fatal heart attack this month of a close family member, and my own heart issues, I'm on it for life.

I'm allergic to Splenda and every other artificial sweetener known to man. Besides, they're all poison. If the live stock won't eat it, it ain't good.

It's for life for me, too. With a near fatal heart attack this month of a close family member, and my own heart issues, I'm on it for life.

I'm allergic to Splenda and every other artificial sweetener known to man. Besides, they're all poison. If the live stock won't eat it, it ain't good.

Agave syrup, then. You can get it at Costco, Sprouts, Von's, Safeway . . . I think it's a coming thing.

Agave syrup, then. You can get it at Costco, Sprouts, Von's, Safeway . . . I think it's a coming thing.

I'm too afraid to try it. The last time I tried something supposed to be a "natural" sweetener, I ended up in the hospital with a heart attack. No, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back