The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think part of his thing with it is the chance of getting caught. I believe less secluded, allowing the possibility of shocking some poor innocent bystander would be better...:D

If the thrill of discovery is the key, then I know of other, more suitable beaches...although some folks there might interpret it as an invitation. ;)

If the thrill of discovery is the key, then I know of other, more suitable beaches...although some folks there might interpret it as an invitation. ;)

that might not be a bad thing either... it's been a while since we had that kind of fun. hmmm... evil thought:devil:

The wind is hitting 50 mph right now. And I have all the windows open. :D

My peas and brussel sprouts are up--and so are the weeds. :rolleyes:

I avoid growing any of the kales. I'm the only one who even likes brussels sprouts and whenever I've tried to grow cabbage or broccoli the cabbage butterfly caterpillars have a field day and the blue grey aphis out mass the vegetables.

However, my sugar snaps are growing and this week I'll put in the flageolet beans. I've got heirloom tomatoes, too, and my peppers and eggplants from last year are putting out new growth so I expect a bumper crop of both this year. Even the fig tree that we'd just about given up hope on is leafing out again. But right now I'm trying to clear the grass out of the irises and California poppies in the parkway.

'It was a blustery day in the Hundred Acre Wood and Piglet was worried........'

Silly old bear.

I avoid growing any of the kales. I'm the only one who even likes brussels sprouts and whenever I've tried to grow cabbage or broccoli the cabbage butterfly caterpillars have a field day and the blue grey aphis out mass the vegetables.

However, my sugar snaps are growing and this week I'll put in the flageolet beans. I've got heirloom tomatoes, too, and my peppers and eggplants from last year are putting out new growth so I expect a bumper crop of both this year. Even the fig tree that we'd just about given up hope on is leafing out again. But right now I'm trying to clear the grass out of the irises and California poppies in the parkway.

If the sprouts work out, we'll freeze the bulk of them. This growing season is all about squirreling food away. I'm hoping my brother gets me a deer next season. I'd like to put some venison in the freezer too.

That's what we had for my birthday. I took an entire ham, rubbed it with Prime Rib mix and covered it with apple smoked bacon. Stick it in the electric smoker for an hour to the pound and serve up a big salad and some rolls. Festive feast without effort.

That's what we had for my birthday. I took an entire ham, rubbed it with Prime Rib mix and covered it with apple smoked bacon. Stick it in the electric smoker for an hour to the pound and serve up a big salad and some rolls. Festive feast without effort.

sounds delicious. I'm also hoping to get a few rabbits, some doves and turtle from my dad.

Mmm, turtle. What's the season on snappers, anyway?

Whenever you can catch the big bastards. They inhabit Dad's ponds and make short work of the ducks and geese. They've even been known to pull cats to their deaths. Dad puts them in tanks for a few weeks with clear water and nothing but corn to eat. It cleans all the mud and fish out of their systems to give a much better product. They're live-trapped or caught by hand and then tanked. It's a risky business, but tasty.

When I was kid, a friend of my grandfather's caught an 80-pounder and just had to bring it into Gramps' tavern to show off. I remember the look on Grampa's face when the thing bit the man's finger off. Gramps wrapped a towel around the bloody stump and told the man pets weren't allowed. Then he told him to have the good sense to kill the turtle first next time.

Then the turtle was butchered and the man came back a few days later to eat it out of grandpa's kitchen. It gave him real satisfaction to eat the creature that tried to eat him. :rolleyes:

Whenever you can catch the big bastards. They inhabit Dad's ponds and make short work of the ducks and geese. They've even been known to pull cats to their deaths. Dad puts them in tanks for a few weeks with clear water and nothing but corn to eat. It cleans all the mud and fish out of their systems to give a much better product. They're live-trapped or caught by hand and then tanked. It's a risky business, but tasty.

When I was kid, a friend of my grandfather's caught an 80-pounder and just had to bring it into Gramps' tavern to show off. I remember the look on Grampa's face when the thing bit the man's finger off. Gramps wrapped a towel around the bloody stump and told the man pets weren't allowed. Then he told him to have the good sense to kill the turtle first next time.

Then the turtle was butchered and the man came back a few days later to eat it out of grandpa's kitchen. It gave him real satisfaction to eat the creature that tried to eat him. :rolleyes:

I believe it. I've felt the same way about a couple of Cape Buffalo.

What's a "snapper", please?

The North American Common Snapping Turtle. It's the one on the left:

snapping_turtle_052604.jpg

Down along the Gulf Coast there's a monster called the Alligator Snapping Turtle that grows at least twice as large.

SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING

Wow, "Asphodel's" has only been up for three days and it's already gotten over ten thousand views. Is it the "First Time" category or do I (blush) have a fan base? :eek:

SHAMELESS PLUG WARNING

Wow, "Asphodel's" has only been up for three days and it's already gotten over ten thousand views. Is it the "First Time" category or do I (blush) have a fan base? :eek:

You appear to have a fan base, so be prepared to autograph pictures of yourself and fend off the advances of nubile young maidens with the hots. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back