The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sign to be placed on the door:-

This Bank is Closed until
Further Notice

:rose:

lol, I need that one. It will be closed to one kid as soon as she gets a job. She turns 16 tomorrow and wants to go job hunting ASAP, but she has to wait until the following week. All the kids know that once they start working the "extra" stuff mom and dad buy are dropping significantly and no more allowance, yet they are still required to do chores.

This is not a good time to be avoiding real work. :rolleyes:

But I think I'm going to enjoy getting away from things for a bit.

I'm the only male on my team, and I love my female co-workers to death, and I think they're brilliant, but do they ALL have to get PMS at once?

I heard that women who spend a lot of time together synchronise their cycles naturally. So that's the answer. Or is this a myth?

I heard that women who spend a lot of time together synchronise their cycles naturally. So that's the answer. Or is this a myth?

It's not like we plan it that way, but it happens. I grew up with three sisters and my mom, and I have two daughters. I also worked in women retail and the women that worked together the most all seemed to have their periods within the same week or within the same week and a half.

No, Eesome, it is true. Known by many and verified at U. Manchester (they do some really interesting research there) back in the 90s. In Anthropology we've known of it from a number of cultures where it became the basis of certain practices.

In the Plateau region of the Rockies, women were considered to be so dangerous during menstruation that men had to avoid them and they couldn't even wash their own hair or cook for themselves. And so a menstruating woman had to go up in the mountains to camp on the banks of a pure mountain stream until her period had flowed its course.

Oh, and did I mention that the people lived matrilocally? The household base was centered on sisters, mothers, and daughters, and all who menstruated were in sync. So...every month the poor women would have to head up into the mountains together for a week or so to avoid endangering the village, and they had to cook for each other and dress each other's hair...

The Christian Missionaries wanted to end this 'heathen' practice, but, for some strange reason, the women themselves resisted being freed from such superstitions so they could continue working all month...

Last edited:
No, Eesome, it is true. Known by many and verified at U. Manchester (they do some really interesting research there) back in the 90s. In Anthropology we've known of it from a number of cultures where it became the basis of certain practices.

In the Plateau region of the Rockies, women were considered to be so dangerous during menstruation that men had to avoid them and they couldn't even wash their own hair or cook for themselves. And so a menstruating woman had to go up in the mountains to camp on the banks of a pure mountain stream until her period had flowed its course.

Oh, and did I mention that the people lived matrilocally? The household base was centered on sisters, mothers, and daughters, and all who menstruated were in sync. So...every month the poor women would have to head up into the mountains together for a week or so to avoid endangering the village, and they had to cook for each other and dress each other's hair...

The Christian Missionaries wanted to end this 'heathen' practice, but, for some strange reason, the women themselves resisted being freed from such superstitions so they could continue working all month...

I'm guessing the missionaries wanted to end the practice because it meant their own native housekeepers naffed off up into the mountains once a month, leaving them to live on leftovers and wear unwashed shirts for a week. :rolleyes:

Either that or they couldn't stand the idea that women could survive for a while without men to guide them.

Last edited:
. I also worked in women retail and the women that worked together the most all seemed to have their periods within the same week or within the same week and a half.

And may the Good Lord help any man during that time.

[ Q: how many women suffering PMS does it take to change a light bulb?
A. 27
Q. Why
A: IT JUST DOES, THAT'S ALL
]
{ sorry; i'll get my coat }

What kinda trouble are you up to tonight?

Absolutely NONE... it's quite sad. I need some stimulation, but I can't really have any because of two things:

1. the spouse is working tonight
2. the teenage boy living with us, has his bedroom right beside mine so I can't even think of "phone a friend" :rolleyes: not that I have any friends to call. LOL :p :rolleyes:

He'd be mortified that people more than a few years older than him even THINK about sex let alone have frisky phone calls!

LOL... He's 18 and I doubt he would be mortified that I have sex, he'd be shocked about frisky phone calls though. I've learned a lot about this kid and most I'm not thrilled with. I'll be happy when he graduates in June and moves back to Ohio with is parents.

LOL... He's 18 and I doubt he would be mortified that I have sex, he'd be shocked about frisky phone calls though. I've learned a lot about this kid and most I'm not thrilled with. I'll be happy when he graduates in June and moves back to Ohio with is parents.

That was the same age my sister was when she said of our own parents "No, surely they don't. Not any more. I mean they're old! That's gross!"

That was the same age my sister was when she said of our own parents "No, surely they don't. Not any more. I mean they're old! That's gross!"

They all know it, but don't want to think about it. My kids all know what I write and they know mom and dad have sex, they don't know it's not good sex, but that's a bit more information than they probably would want to know. :rolleyes: They certainly dramatize the knowledge similar to your sister's reaction.

I can sympathize. I was happy to become an empty nester for some of those same reasons.

I can sympathize. I was happy to become an empty nester for some of those same reasons.

It used to be real bad when we lived in our trailer. Those walls are thin! Now we live in a two-story four/five bedroom home and the girls sleep upstairs, and my son a room away from ours, the live-in fella is next door in the "make-shift" bedroom.

I will miss my kids when they move out, I know this and I will struggle with being alone, but there is a part of me that desires it too. I think that is normal for parents. I do worry about my relationship with the spouse...will we have enough in common to continue another decade without the kids lives being so entwined with our day to day living?

It used to be real bad when we lived in our trailer. Those walls are thin! Now we live in a two-story four/five bedroom home and the girls sleep upstairs, and my son a room away from ours, the live-in fella is next door in the "make-shift" bedroom.

I will miss my kids when they move out, I know this and I will struggle with being alone, but there is a part of me that desires it too. I think that is normal for parents. I do worry about my relationship with the spouse...will we have enough in common to continue another decade without the kids lives being so entwined with our day to day living?

That is exactly it. And when they are in college, they really aren't away from home. Spring break means time with them not at a Litogether, bummer.

And as long as the home fires are burning brightly enough, you can enjoy the empty nest and be proud they are flying well without you. Even to the point of becoming a grandparent.

That is exactly it. And when they are in college, they really aren't away from home. Spring break means time with them not at a Litogether, bummer.

And as long as the home fires are burning brightly enough, you can enjoy the empty nest and be proud they are flying well without you. Even to the point of becoming a grandparent.

Oh, I don't know if I'll give up a Lit-together for college break and I'm in no rush to be a Grandma, either. I have great confidence that all three will accomplish much in their lives and I look forward to seeing what they become.

Oh, I don't know if I'll give up a Lit-together for college break and I'm in no rush to be a Grandma, either. I have great confidence that all three will accomplish much in their lives and I look forward to seeing what they become.

Don't knock it, Red.
The sense of "release" when you are a Grandparent is absolutely wonderful.
And it is time to be with the spouse and do things which you either had no time or money to do when you were younger.

Don't knock it, Red.
The sense of "release" when you are a Grandparent is absolutely wonderful.
And it is time to be with the spouse and do things which you either had no time or money to do when you were younger.

Not knocking it, just not ready for it; my daughters are 16 (tomorrow) and 15 and my son is 10...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back