The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Army shrink was beginning to despair of him

PS. Large Plum Brandy [ tic ]
Fire sorted [ tic ]

Relax.
Glass of good Port, Bear ?

Why, thank you, good sir. As it happens I've brought an assortment of toasted nuts and a large Stilton. What a coincidence!

Pity you didn't ask about ten or fifteen years ago. The years have not been kind to my joints. However, I suspect I can still work out knots and tense places. HM certainly appreciates my efforts. Of course, she's prejudiced. ;)

Pity you didn't ask about ten or fifteen years ago. The years have not been kind to my joints. However, I suspect I can still work out knots and tense places. HM certainly appreciates my efforts. Of course, she's prejudiced. ;)

I shall have to remember to bring my sarong. ;)

Poor baby. Coffee?

As in do I want one, or as in it's the possible cause?

Yes please, and no not at all, respectively. (I go onto decaff after lunch every day, since I know full strength coffee too late in the day will wreck my sleep.)

Maybe I just didn't need more than 4 hours tonight.

As in do I want one, or as in it's the possible cause?

Yes please, and no not at all, respectively. (I go onto decaff after lunch every day, since I know full strength coffee too late in the day will wreck my sleep.)

Maybe I just didn't need more than 4 hours tonight.

Maybe the ghost of a dream disturbed your rest.

Maybe the ghost of a dream disturbed your rest.

You've just remind me of the horrible dream from the night before last. :mad:

I dreamed I was working as a contractor at a US base in Germany when someone crashed into the hire car I was driving. Then I got attacked by a snake. I REALLY don't like snakes!

But how are you, yourself?

I dreamed I was working as a contractor at a US base in Germany when someone crashed into the hire car I was driving. Then I got attacked by a snake. I REALLY don't like snakes!

At least you weren't naked in the dream. :D

If I were to analize that dream, I could go in so many different directions: Feeling of hopelessness, homophobia, feeling of having no control over life...I could go on and on.

I'm well enough. Got a nasty case of cabin fever.

At least you weren't naked in the dream. :D

If I were to analize that dream, I could go in so many different directions: Feeling of hopelessness, homophobia, feeling of having no control over life...I could go on and on.

I'm well enough. Got a nasty case of cabin fever.

Well of course if you're going to "analize" it, rather than analyze it, you'd find a homosexual message.

Hopelessness and feelings of no control: quite possible. Homophobia: don't think so. But then I don't know any gay men well enough in real life to know whether I would find it icky or not.

Or more likely I do, but they just haven't come out yet.

Talking of being naked in public (in a dream) I'm giving some thought to my paint job for the next Naked Bike Ride. What do you reckon to having red and yellow flames licking up me, with the message "BURNING OIL : BURNING PLANET" ?

Why the cabin fever? Snowed in? Stuck in a sickbed?

Last edited:

Snakes don't bother me but I most assuredly feel that way about spiders, especially big ones!

Oh hi there! I assumed the leaf pile had claimed you.

But then you're the other side of your continent, so I guess it's not that late with you. 9:30pm?

Well of course if you're going to "analize" it, rather than analyze it, you'd find a homosexual message.

Hopelessness and feelings of no control: quite possible. Homophobia: don't think so. But then I don't know any gay men well enough in real life to know whether I would find it icky or not.

Or more likely I do, but they just haven't come out yet.

Talking of being naked in public (in a dream) I'm giving some thought to my paint job for the next Naked Bike Ride. What do you reckon to having red and yellow flames licking up me, with the message "BURNING OIL : BURNING PLANET" ?

Why the cabin fever? Snowed in? Stuck in a sickbed?

Oh, sure. Poke fun at my dyslexia. Next you'll be laughing at babies with cancer. :rolleyes:

Being naked in a rental car during work hours is quite different than being naked with a bunch of other naked people. Way different.

The cabin fever is a symptom of the long, hard winter we've had. It wouldn't be so bad if the economy wasn't in the crapper. No one can afford an evening out these days and we're no exception.

The snow is all but gone and the weather is finally starting to turn, but there's so much mud I can't get in the yard to do what I want and there's nothing fun to do in town, so I'm shut in--just like everyone else. Sigh.

Snakes don't bother me but I most assuredly feel that way about spiders, especially big ones!

My dad has the same problem. I like to torture him by catching the biggest spiders I can find. :D

Oh hi there! I assumed the leaf pile had claimed you.

But then you're the other side of your continent, so I guess it's not that late with you. 9:30pm?

Very accurate! I'm recovering from an especially good vat of eggplant soup, accompanied by Italian bread and Syrah. There's a hot shower in my future and then there's Saturday . . . which is predicted to rain! And I'm so far behind on the yard work, too. :(

Oh, sure. Poke fun at my dyslexia. Next you'll be laughing at babies with cancer. :rolleyes:

Oops, sorry. :eek:

Being naked in a rental car during work hours is quite different than being naked with a bunch of other naked people. Way different.

Yeah. For one thing, they'd probably charge you a valetting fee on the seat fabric!

But actually if it was a choice between standing up naked in front of all my colleagues or giving a presentation... whoops! there go my trousers!

The cabin fever is a symptom of the long, hard winter we've had. It wouldn't be so bad if the economy wasn't in the crapper. No one can afford an evening out these days and we're no exception.

We've been working our way through the large batch of discounted cinema ticket vouchers I bought over a year ago, so we've still been able to go out. But almost finished now. (As an ex civil servant I've kept up my membership of the Civil Service Sports Club which lets you buy cinema tokens for £4 that are exchangeable for actual tickets at the cinema. I bought a fair old batch a while back.)

Last edited:
Oops, sorry. :eek:

Yeah. For one thing, they'd probably charge you a valetting fee on the seat fabric!

We've been working our way through the large batch of discounted cinema ticket vouchers I bought over a year ago, so we've still been able to go out. But almost finished now. (As an ex civil servant I've kept up my membership of the Civil Service Sports Club which lets you buy cinema tokens for £4 that are exchangeable for actual tickets at the cinema. I bought a fair old batch a while back.)

Must be nice. Costs about $35-40 for the three of us to go. We haven't been in ages. Just takes too much money.

Must be nice. Costs about $35-40 for the three of us to go. We haven't been in ages. Just takes too much money.

On the other hand, it probably doesn't cost you almost as much in petrol to get there as the tickets do, unless you live a long way away. Petrol's so much cheaper with you.

EDITED:

113p per litre with me. That's 113 x 3.79 = £4.28p per US gallon, and converting to dollars, $6.49 per US gallon. Most of that goes straight into government coffers as tax. Fuel tax and VAT (sales tax). Probably VAT on the fuel tax too! The temporary reduction in VAT from 17.5% to 15% ended at the start of Jan, making matters worse.

Last edited:
On the other hand, it probably doesn't cost you almost as much in petrol to get there as the tickets do, unless you live a long way away. Petrol's so much cheaper with you.

EDITED:

113p per litre with me. That's 113 x 3.79 = £4.28p per US gallon, and converting to dollars, $6.49 per US gallon. Most of that goes straight into government coffers as tax. Fuel tax and VAT (sales tax). Probably VAT on the fuel tax too! The temporary reduction in VAT from 17.5% to 15% ended at the start of Jan, making matters worse.

So much of the paycheck goes into taxes, makes you wonder why you bother to work at all. It's enough to make you sick.

On that happy note, I'm going to say good night. it's way past my bed time.

So much of the paycheck goes into taxes, makes you wonder why you bother to work at all. It's enough to make you sick.

On that happy note, I'm going to say good night. it's way past my bed time.

For the fun of it, of course! :D

Goodnight, Molly. Sweet / naughty dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back