The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past half hour I've been sitting here watching one of the most amazing things.

There's a pair of robins outside my gazebo. They're teaching their young fledgelings to hunt. The younsters are noisy critters. The parents, as we all know, hunt by sound. They listen for the earthworms to move in the dirt under the lawn and then quickly pull them from the ground.

The little ones follow the parents across the grass, cheeping and chirping and hollering for more while the parents try to hear what's going on in the mud. The mother finally got frustrated enough to fly to another area, leaving the father to contend with two screeching chicks. She came back with a mouthful of fat, juicy worms and the screeching started in earnest. Daddy looks so much like any father, flustered and overwhelmed.

Now the chicks have hidden themselves in the flowerbed and both parents are in a panic to find them. LOL. It's an absolute riot. What a racket.

Birds are so darn entertaining...I know it's an existence for them, but I swear they can think rather than just run on instinct. I watch cardinals, wrens, woodpeckers and bluejays feed their young at my bird feeders 'till the kids get the hang of it, then they're on their own. Ospreys fly over my house to a nest across the road with fish in their talons for their babies. It's all very cool.

Birds are so darn entertaining...I know it's an existence for them, but I swear they can think rather than just run on instinct. I watch cardinals, wrens, woodpeckers and bluejays feed their young at my bird feeders 'till the kids get the hang of it, then they're on their own. Ospreys fly over my house to a nest across the road with fish in their talons for their babies. It's all very cool.

These guys were hysterical. So much squabbling, scolding and silliness. Just like a human family.

There's a pain-in-the-ass sparrow in the tree outside who likes dive-bombing the cat. :D

Hey, everybody.

Ola' Dude! :D

The mockingbirds do the same...to anything including people. :eek:

Hey, Tom.

It's amusing to watch, really. It's like a game between them. Sometimes the sparrow will land a few feet from Chile and chirp, then take flight just as the cat's about to pounce. That's one brave bird.

Hey, Tom.

It's amusing to watch, really. It's like a game between them. Sometimes the sparrow will land a few feet from Chile and chirp, then take flight just as the cat's about to pounce. That's one brave bird.

They do all sorts of crazy shit to keep potential predators away from the nest. I've seen songbirds attack crows and even hawks and drive them off. It looks like Hurricanes versus JU-88's.

They do all sorts of crazy shit to keep potential predators away from the nest. I've seen songbirds attack crows and even hawks and drive them off. It looks like Hurricanes versus JU-88's.

Every animal has the potential for predation. ;)

Geez, what a terrible movie. Ghost Voyage. Supposed to be scary, but it works better as a Sam Raimi horror/comedy. :p

Every animal has the potential for predation. ;)

Geez, what a terrible movie. Ghost Voyage. Supposed to be scary, but it works better as a Sam Raimi horror/comedy. :p

I'll save my money on that one. I saw 'UP' this week...a totally awesome cartoon...it may be a tad violent for the munchkin...but you guys'll love it.

I'll save my money on that one. I saw 'UP' this week...a totally awesome cartoon...it may be a tad violent for the munchkin...but you guys'll love it.

I'm glad I didn't pay for it beyond the monthly price for cable. :p

Sheesh -- it's got Antonio Sabato Jr. A dead giveaway for a bad B-movie. And a bunch of bad eastern European accents. Cute brunette, though.

I've been wanting to see Up, but Little One won't sit through it, I know. But it'll be out on DVD in a month or so. ;)

She ain't my cat . . . .

Maybe you should try to warn the cat anyway.

I was waiting to see if anyone liked that movie. They've been pushing it so hard in advertisement that I wondered if it was worth the price. My have to take the princess to see it.

As if she'd listen. :p

Heya, Trish.

Seen any bad movies lately? I'm watching one now. The highlight thus far:

Eurotrash #1: "Ven do ve get to New Jersey?"

Eurotrash #2: "Ven de [focking] ship gets der, ee-de-ot."

Why am I enjoying this? :rolleyes:

Hey slyc...Molly...Molly I was so happy to read your update for Cloak....:D

You're so wrong! It's a spring dish. You serve the dressing over fresh spring greens with green onions right out of the garden and a side of sliced tomatoes.

Here, winter is spring! I mean, it's not like we have any downtime in the garden, after all. If I don't plant something on purpose, the weeds take over.

Stoppin' by to say g'night, y'all. Got an early day tomorrow. Take care. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back