The most beautiful dress is nudity

LupusDei

curious alien
A poor and/or terminally insecure girl has to go to the most posh ball ever. She's totally at a loss about what to wear and how to get anything decent for such occasion (perhaps on short notice to make things worse). Yes, there's uncountable valid solutions, but she's worked herself up about it so much it's becoming panicky. Then...

I think she complain about it to someone, a distant aunt, a small seedy clothes parlor owner, or whatever...

Somehow, someway, perhaps not quite straight forward way, she comes into possession of a supposedly magical item. I think it's a necklace (for no reason at all I see it holding a large sapphire). A woman wearing it and nothing else is seen as being dressed in the most beautiful and appropriate outfit imaginable.

The instructions she received suggested to strip naked, imagine the outfit, describe it to the sapphire aloud and then put the necklace on in front of a mirror, and see it on. She's led to believe everyone will see the same. Twist is, it's not the case. Perhaps the person who's worn the item, or seen it being worn, before, only had it in situations where strict formal attire was expected, so there was little disagreement about what she's wearing. But actually, it's viewer's choice, everyone sees what's best they could ever expect on her, in context.

So, she goes to the ball completely naked, and is fawned over about her outfit, because every fashion freak see their personal dream dress on her.

But if a somewhat perverted young man truly believes best she could possibly wear is angel wings, thigh high stockings (no garters), heels and nothing else, that's what *he* see. And is amazed, not in small part about how nobody seems to mind the naked girl.

She is actually naked, so when they dance she feels his hands on her skin, and wonder,does he feel it, and if so, how he reconcile it with her apparent dress. He knows she's nude, but in turn, wonder how her wings don't bounce against environment and people... to the point he may actually ask. And she's like, what wings?

Last edited:
Back