The menstrual question... again (hopefully for the last time)

Thank you for repairing my silliness...
How dare I....
I mean honestly.... Who didn't know that....
Oops... Me...
Apologies to the Octopuses... Never want to offend a puss.
Honestly, you weren't crazy off base b/c the octopus discussion is very much part of the "common" language/technical foundations debate.

Stunned is spot on in proper etymology and how it *should* have entered the lexicon but we fuck up in real usage all the time.

Give yourself a pass on this one. But do be part of the change. :ROFLMAO:

Pedant alert!

The plural of octopus isn't octopi. It's octopuses, or octopods, or octopodes.

The "-pus" bit is from the Greek "pous", meaning foot or leg (no, I'm not going to dig out the Greek letters).

If the plural were "octopi", that would mean that the root was a Latin "octop-".
I used to write octopodes, then realized I was being anally retentive.

Em

Honestly, you weren't crazy off base b/c the octopus discussion is very much part of the "common" language/technical foundations debate.

Stunned is spot on in proper etymology and how it *should* have entered the lexicon but we fuck up in real usage all the time.

Give yourself a pass on this one. But do be part of the change. :ROFLMAO:
I will write "I'm sorry a 1,000 times on the blackboard as penance for my unacceptable ignorance...
Imagine being an octopussy and having 8 arms to cuddle with...
Wow...

I will write "I'm sorry a 1,000 times on the blackboard as penance for my unacceptable ignorance...
Imagine being an octopussy and having 8 arms to cuddle with...
Wow...
See, I feel like with that level of intelligence I'd be all sorts of problematic.

Like, I'll use 6 of my 8 arms for cuddledom but usually reserve those last two.

"If you can't love me at my worst..." :ROFLMAO:

See, I feel like with that level of intelligence I'd be all sorts of problematic.

Like, I'll use 6 of my 8 arms for cuddledom but usually reserve those last two.

"If you can't love me at my worst..." :ROFLMAO:
Yes....
Always nice to have a free hand, or two...
Very mischievous...
Now I wonder what I'll do with the spares?
Of course, hold the drinks... Right?

This appears to be the thread to ask... do octopusses have a menstrual cycle?

Asking for a friend.

This appears to be the thread to ask... do octopusses have a menstrual cycle?

Asking for a friend.
Nope, but tI bet they wish they did. They're semelparous, like salmon. Only live like 2 years. They lay a clutch of eggs, protect them until they hatch and then adios... Sucks to be a female octupussessioed

Me: *Sees the number of responses*
"Nice, some interesting, on topic responses and opinions."
*Looks inside*

Octopus Sex.

šŸ„ŗ

Okay.
Sorry...
Didn't mean to derail your thread.
It was rude... (OF ME).

Menstrual cycles are a part of life, and if you feel that the need to include it for your story. Then you should do so.
Another apology, I'm at work and cannot read your story.
Cycles, are always going to be there.
I have included mentioning them in stories of my own.
Important note...
You must write what intrigues you as the writer. If you feel it's important, regardless of how others feel. Then write it.
You don't have to defend your position...

Cagivagurl

It's not excessive to the degree of squick (I have zero issue w/it. Actual the slice of life being alluded to in more stories would be a positive) but it's more descriptive than it needs to be for the addressed character. (i.e. It's detailed enough it starts to feel information a reader needs to hold on to/carry forward)

I didn't read the boss character or the situation as supporting/him wanting any more information than is absolute necessity. My paring down to the bare minimum "I was having my period" is 99.999% about whether the character she's addressing can handle/is interested in the information which seems to me as a no.

The kink is the power imbalance/non-con and, while the digression is ULTRA slight in the grand scheme of life (sad society is still at this level w/women's bodies but here we are) is it the same slight digression to the character, a man built to be "holding all the cards?"

From a strictly "cut narratives to the bone" perspective, I don't immediately see it as supportive and, depending on viewpoint, a minor disruptor/question instigator on a point you weren't making.

From a slice of life perspective, it's respectfully addressed to a downright nothingburger (I'd imagine) for most. Anyone who would take issue with has an underlying issue with themselves and not your choice of prose.
*end read to inciting event*

*Edit to full story end* Interesting how the scene atop page 2 ends up being a pivot which I misunderstood completely. The boss being nonplussed had me interpret the period mention as NBD/NOT a concurrent fetish when it ends up a significant pivot.

Author sets the pacing but as a reader I would've felt less dense later if I'd gotten subtext sprinkled earlier. And maybe more context/surround of the pivot point atop page 2 which doesn't have to give the surprise away but makes me carry forward a memory of the event at least in some capacity. (I had to go back and reread it when things got hot and heavy b/c I didn't have it in my mind to draw from)

Through the end, it all works and shouldn't turn off people other than those who would be turned off by basically anything you'd do in that area.

For me I obviously struggled hard mid page 1 to right before things spun up on page 2. Unsure if that's me or how common "me" as a reader really is.
The reason I included it in the story is because it plays into the idea that while Brent has no problem manipulating Ruth, he actually does have some compassion for her when she's faced with a unique difficulty.

Also, I liked the idea that he would reward her for following along with their agreements, whereas both previous chapters featured the opposite.

Thank you so much for reading and critiquing!

The reason I included it in the story is because it plays into the idea that while Brent has no problem manipulating Ruth, he actually does have some compassion for her when she's faced with a unique difficulty.

Also, I liked the idea that he would reward her for following along with their agreements, whereas both previous chapters featured the opposite.

Thank you so much for reading and critiquing!
As I mentioned, I haven't had time to read the story. Um, is Brent the octopus? :)

It's not excessive to the degree of squick (I have zero issue w/it. Actual the slice of life being alluded to in more stories would be a positive) but it's more descriptive than it needs to be for the addressed character. (i.e. It's detailed enough it starts to feel information a reader needs to hold on to/carry forward)

I didn't read the boss character or the situation as supporting/him wanting any more information than is absolute necessity. My paring down to the bare minimum "I was having my period" is 99.999% about whether the character she's addressing can handle/is interested in the information which seems to me as a no.

The kink is the power imbalance/non-con and, while the digression is ULTRA slight in the grand scheme of life (sad society is still at this level w/women's bodies but here we are) is it the same slight digression to the character, a man built to be "holding all the cards?"

From a strictly "cut narratives to the bone" perspective, I don't immediately see it as supportive and, depending on viewpoint, a minor disruptor/question instigator on a point you weren't making.

From a slice of life perspective, it's respectfully addressed to a downright nothingburger (I'd imagine) for most. Anyone who would take issue with has an underlying issue with themselves and not your choice of prose.
*end read to inciting event*

*Edit to full story end* Interesting how the scene atop page 2 ends up being a pivot which I misunderstood completely. The boss being nonplussed had me interpret the period mention as NBD/NOT a concurrent fetish when it ends up a significant pivot.

Author sets the pacing but as a reader I would've felt less dense later if I'd gotten subtext sprinkled earlier. And maybe more context/surround of the pivot point atop page 2 which doesn't have to give the surprise away but makes me carry forward a memory of the event at least in some capacity. (I had to go back and reread it when things got hot and heavy b/c I didn't have it in my mind to draw from)

Through the end, it all works and shouldn't turn off people other than those who would be turned off by basically anything you'd do in that area.

For me I obviously struggled hard mid page 1 to right before things spun up on page 2. Unsure if that's me or how common "me" as a reader really is.
IRONICALLY, the reason I included so much information on it was because I wanted to make it clear that her period was over, and there was nothing to worry about

The story is told from her perspective, and she is nervous by default, but I wanted to make it clear that she was clean. I think that might have backfired

I assume people read it the opposite way I intended, which is frustrating, but whatever.

IRONICALLY, the reason I included so much information on it was because I wanted to make it clear that her period was over, and there was nothing to worry about

The story is told from her perspective, and she is nervous by default, but I wanted to make it clear that she was clean. I think that might have backfired

I assume people read it the opposite way I intended, which is frustrating, but whatever.
Most importantly, internalize you took a BIG ass swing here. You have degree of difficulty "squicks" AND competing fetish agendas. "Caring" non-con puts your two main drivers at odds. Those were your motivation to see your tale through creation to its end. But, whereas you had full control, some of the readership was getting roller coastered. G forces are thrilling when you're in the right mood/frame of mind.

It pushed outside usual boundaries here. That's AWESOME. But the readers don't usually reward novelty/exploration here.

As long as you don't come down too hard on yourself re: scores = quality of my story this time out, you're golden.

"Caring" non-con puts your two main drivers at odds.

1) What would you consider the two main drivers?
2) Not to get technical, but this story has always been "Reluctance" and not so much "non-con".
(Obviously, there's overlap, but I feel like some caring is standard in such a story. Idk

Back