The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LT~

WTF??!!

27 dead in a CT elementary school, children included. What kind of sick bastard does this kind of thing?

LT~

WTF??!!

27 dead in a CT elementary school, children included. What kind of sick bastard does this kind of thing?
LT: We, as human beings, need to learn to connect with eachother again. We need how to talk to eachother, share who we are with one another, and share with one another. We need to learn how to be intimate and close, not in the sexual sense, but in the manner in which we open up to one another. We need to learn to love again, to love those who love us, and love those who hurt us. We need to show those who forgot how to love, that they can remember how. For this, I pray.

LT~

WTF??!!

20 something man who targeted his mothers classroom.
Why the HELL would he even do that?!

There are no words for this. There is no sense in this. There is just loss and waste.

:rose:

LT: We, as human beings, need to learn to connect with eachother again. We need how to talk to eachother, share who we are with one another, and share with one another. We need to learn how to be intimate and close, not in the sexual sense, but in the manner in which we open up to one another. We need to learn to love again, to love those who love us, and love those who hurt us. We need to show those who forgot how to love, that they can remember how. For this, I pray.

Well said :rose:

I'll just waiting for my boy to get home, get off the bus, and just hug him for the next 6 hours...

The shooter is deceased.
I hate to say it this way, but if his life was so terrible that he thought THIS was a good plan, he should have saved so many such pain and simply taken his own life...

I'm sorry Moon, but when a (more than likely) disturbed young man walks into an elementary school and kills his mother and innocent children, other innocent people, I can not forgive yet alone love him. Children. Just babies. As a society, we're doing something wrong. Extremely wrong. Things like this never use to happen.

I'll just waiting for my boy to get home, get off the bus, and just hug him for the next 6 hours...

Amen to that, Foxy.

The shooter is deceased.
I hate to say it this way, but if his life was so terrible that he thought THIS was a good plan, he should have saved so many such pain and simply taken his own life...

Anger. So much pent up anger. Maybe even hatred. But whatever happened to finding a positive outlet for it instead of being able to pick up several guns and go striding into someplace and just opening fire? Are they just so detached from humanity in general that they simply don't care?

last thought

After working over night last night my boss has decided that I should work 7 to 3 tomorrow.
What the Fuck?

T
I'm sorry Moon, but when a (more than likely) disturbed young man walks into an elementary school and kills his mother and innocent children, other innocent people, I can not forgive yet alone love him. Children. Just babies. As a society, we're doing something wrong. Extremely wrong. Things like this never use to happen.

Yes, and I was talking about us as a society. A lack of love, closeness...a disconnection and valuing material goods over eachother, plays a strong role in what has led to this mass shootings and other hanus acts.

Someone dead at his parents' home.
His mother and various innocent little ones in her classroom.
Himself.

A family dispute or something? How horrendous and selfish of this monster.
THIS was the answer?!

Last Thought

Okay...email story time before retreating to the stories of Lorna and Pamola...

I just hope my brain allows it.

Remember everyone, this isn't the time to talk about gun control.:rolleyes:

Who the fuck does this to children? Fucking children. Not even your children, just random fucking children.

In a bizarre coincidence, there was a knife attack at a school in China today, too. 22 kids hurt, but none killed.

I wish we had the ability to bring people back from the dead, Just so people could take baseball bats to his knee caps and beat the fucking shit outta this piss poor bastard who killed innocent kids

Remember everyone, this isn't the time to talk about gun control.:rolleyes:

Who the fuck does this to children? Fucking children. Not even your children, just random fucking children.

In a bizarre coincidence, there was a knife attack at a school in China today, too. 22 kids hurt, but none killed.

*raises hand*

Believe it or not~ there are hundreds of thousands of children hurt EVERY day. Molestations, beatings, neglect. Children are EASY to hurt. They have no defenses. Just because a gun was used doesn't make it more or less heinous then the things adults do to children every day all over the planet.

The fact that children were killed in a school doesn't make it more or less heinous then the kids whose mothers/fathers shake them, beat them, drown them....leave them cold, hungry, dirty.

And I am NOT a fan of gun control. WHY? Because they already have rules in place for the buying of firearms. There is no guarantee that gun control would EVER stop a murder. And I am almost certain that most guns used in that way were brought from home or stolen. However it is almost guaranteed that without the right to bear arms, more people would die for being unable to legally protect themselves.

Trite but TRUE~
guns don't kill people, people kill people.

*raises hand*

Believe it or not~ there are hundreds of thousands of children hurt EVERY day. Molestations, beatings, neglect. Children are EASY to hurt. They have no defenses. Just because a gun was used doesn't make it more or less heinous then the things adults do to children every day all over the planet.

The fact that children were killed in a school doesn't make it more or less heinous then the kids whose mothers/fathers shake them, beat them, drown them....leave them cold, hungry, dirty.

And I am NOT a fan of gun control. WHY? Because they already have rules in place for the buying of firearms. There is no guarantee that gun control would EVER stop a murder. And I am almost certain that most guns used in that way were brought from home or stolen. However it is almost guaranteed that without the right to bear arms, more people would die for being unable to legally protect themselves.

Trite but TRUE~
guns don't kill people, people kill people.

People may be the ones pulling the trigger, but it's not as if we have to help it happen.

When terrorists flew planes into buildings to kill a bunch of people, no one shrugged off the role of the plane in those attacks. Changes were made, to pre-boarding security, to the cockpit doors, to the procedure followed in hijackings. We could've just said, "Planes didn't kill people, terrorists did" and changed nothing, but we didn't.

I'm not saying get rid of all guns. Even in the European Union, where they generally have much stricter gun laws, that hasn't happened. But the EU does have stricter laws, and despite having a larger population they have fewer gun deaths per year than the US.

In 2009, there were 3 intentional homicides with a gun for every 100,000 people in the US. In the UK, that number was 0.07. In Germany, it was 0.2. People in both countries still own guns, and far, far fewer people are dying from them. Why on earth wouldn't we want to learn from their example?

Last edited:
you're coming across as the most ignorant type of unsympathetic asshole right now. well done.

infuriating the level of cognitive dissonance some people are capable of. seriously.

Absolutely no need for that. If you want to make an argument, make a reasoned, evidence-based one. Ad hominem attacks just make you look like a jackass. Luna and I might disagree on this, but that doesn't mean I, or anyone else, have to start making personal attacks. Keep that bullshit in your head if you must think it.

I'm not saying get rid of all guns. Even in the European Union, where they generally have much stricter gun laws, that hasn't happened. But the EU does have stricter laws, and despite having a larger population they have fewer gun deaths per year than the US.

In 2009, there were 3 intentional homicides with a gun for every 100,000 people in the US. In the UK, that number was 0.07%. In Germany, it was 0.2. People in both countries still own guns, and far, far fewer people are dying from them. Why on earth wouldn't we want to learn from their example?

barely anybody owns guns in the UK or Germany- a few farmers here or there who use shot for hunting. as a culture we're far less interested in killing things :rolleyes:

Absolutely no need for that. If you want to make an argument, make a reasoned, evidence-based one. Ad hominem attacks just make you look like a jackass. Luna and I might disagree on this, but that doesn't mean I, or anyone else, have to start making personal attacks. Keep that bullshit in your head if you must think it.

nonsense. if you're going to immediately come out aggressively defending the 'right' to own firearms after 27 people have been shot you're a tactless asshole. end of. it's incredibly insensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back