The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your best bet might be to wait till windows 8 comes out. I tested several tablets using windows 7 and if you have a phone or any Apple product, you will be very disappointed in the lack of pen and touch interface usability. Oh they have it, but it's so bad as to be unusable. Windows 8 is supposed to be very touch and mobile friendly.

There are more and more windows apps and programs for the iPad and it is probably the best tablet form a usability standpoint. And I hate apple products and do not have an iPhone. There are some very good hand writing and note pad apps. The biggest problem is the difficulty in getting programs onto it. ITunes blows.

The iPad also has the best battery by far. 10 hours is no joke depending on how you use it, and the built in 4g is great. Other tablets have less capable batteries and more difficult connecting.

Be careful with screen sizes. The iPad had a great sized screen and is thin and light weight, the other tablets are thicker and heavier and often have smaller screens. The screen might not seem like a big deal till you start using it. Then you realize a small tablet makes it more difficult and less functnal.

Biggest point to note is regardless of the type ou choose, it will NOT be a laptop replacement.

-nods nods nods-

All good things to know as i'm doing this comparison shopping thing.

I fully realize i'm not replacing my laptop. I figure that I only use 10% of my computers abilities almost 80% of the time i'm using it. Having something lighter and even more portable would be the bonus on that aspect. But its not a nessessity purchase so it may get laid to the wayside in favor of a slightly smarter smart phone.

-nods nods nods-

All good things to know as i'm doing this comparison shopping thing.

I fully realize i'm not replacing my laptop. I figure that I only use 10% of my computers abilities almost 80% of the time i'm using it. Having something lighter and even more portable would be the bonus on that aspect. But its not a nessessity purchase so it may get laid to the wayside in favor of a slightly smarter smart phone.

Like I said, I hate Apple and everything they stand for. But I love the iPad and find myself using it for more and more work. Much to the chagrin of my company IT department. :D

The size, portability, battery life and work around apps make it my choice. But you will need to decide for yourself. Phones are expensive and still quite limited. So I choose a mid range phone and the iPad for my balance.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Why do onions have to make my eyes burn?!:(

I hate that! Though keeping them in the fridge helps a lot, but if they're really potent it doesn't help much.

Make sure not to touch your eyes before washing your hands.... I've made that mistake too often.

I hate that! Though keeping them in the fridge helps a lot, but if they're really potent it doesn't help much.

Make sure not to touch your eyes before washing your hands.... I've made that mistake too often.

Or other sensitive parts. Just saying. :rolleyes:

*smiles widely*

I am here for you.

*nods*
*swoons*

Yeah, I definitely know not to touch my eyes while I'm dealing with them. Even once I had them going in the pan they were still stinging my eyes.

But!

First time making stuffed peppers, with a beef/lamb mixture, oregano, garlic, tomatoes, celery, diced peppers, and brown wild rice... still cooking, but it smells awesome.:D

*swoons*

Yeah, I definitely know not to touch my eyes while I'm dealing with them. Even once I had them going in the pan they were still stinging my eyes.

But!

First time making stuffed peppers, with a beef/lamb mixture, oregano, garlic, tomatoes, celery, diced peppers, and brown wild rice... still cooking, but it smells awesome.:D

*is utterly jealous right now*

*swoons*

But!

*drools and books a teleportation to have dinner at his house.* :D

I cooked tonight too, first time in more than a week, which felt really good. Your dinner sounds better though.

freaking onions, the first time I cut real onions I wound up running from the room, unable to see. Stupid white onions

But they taste so good and add flavor to most any dish!

Well, the whole story there is I was a young man at the time and my order of the arrow group was doing the catering for an eagle banquet. That night made my stomach turn from the butter, it hadn't really been chilled so after the top it was mostly melted.

Then I was on onion slicing duty. Slicing onions for a few hundred people, God, it was horrible.

Well, the whole story there is I was a young man at the time and my order of the arrow group was doing the catering for an eagle banquet. That night made my stomach turn from the butter, it hadn't really been chilled so after the top it was mostly melted.

Then I was on onion slicing duty. Slicing onions for a few hundred people, God, it was horrible.

Oh, my! That is too many onions at one time. LoL

Goggles were definitely needed.

Major congrats on the OA election. Huge testament to a young man's character.

Light a candle next to the cutting board.

Really? I haven't heard that one before.

Normally it's not that bad.. I have one of those Slap Chop things (but from IKEA and not from the creepy guy with the big grin), and so I just chop the onion into a couple pieces and then finish it in that thing, and it is usually fine. But for whatever reason, this onion did not go quietly into the night.

Why do onions have to make my eyes burn?!:(

Have you ever noticed how some do and some don't? I can't remember the scientific reasoning. Something about the onion juice/smell, irritates the eye membranes. I cut the onion in half and hold it under running water for a bit. That usually works for me or as Sia says, once they're in the frig, they don't seem so potent. I tend not to pick the younger ones when I'm shopping either. That seems to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back