The last person to post here wins again . . .

Maybe they smelled your coffee and it got them moving.

Moanday is a good word for it. The weekend chores have been leaving me with a sore back on Moanday morning.

Most people in this area are retired so they don't get in a big hurry. Not to mention the rain we've had. I'm surprised he or she didn't get stuck in the mud. The ground squishes when you walk across it.

Most people in this area are retired so they don't get in a big hurry. Not to mention the rain we've had. I'm surprised he or she didn't get stuck in the mud. The ground squishes when you walk across it.

How quickly does it drain to 'damp' ?

First day in a lot of days without rain (so far), and I had to spend it running errands.

I think with all the geniuses in the world someone should invent an underground system that flushes flooded areas into drought areas.

And the usual reply is "Who's gonna pay for it?"
There was a time not so long ago, when the UK was giving serious thought to a mains water distribution network,rather in the same manner as our Gas or Electricity networks.
Predictably, there was a row; then it rained.
The rain was so successful and in great quantity that the debate was terminated. :)

What a weird morning.

The utility pole across the street from my open bedroom window caught fire at about 1:30 AM and the street was blocked off for a couple hours with deputies, firemen and the power company crew milling about. I didn't get much sleep.

The morning was warm -- not our usual crisp beginning to the day -- and the temperatures are supposed to get into the upper 90's this afternoon.

The sky was bright red at dawn, which usually means there's a forest fire somewhere upwind. It's that time of year.

And apparently the University started their summer semester. I drove through the north campus this morning on my way to work. It's been empty for a couple weeks but today there were people all over the place. Lots of runners, and construction underway, too. They were probably all trying to get their stuff done before it got any hotter.

It's summer time.

Oh, and our primary elections are today. There were people all over the place waving signs for some hotly contested local seats.

And the usual reply is "Who's gonna pay for it?"
There was a time not so long ago, when the UK was giving serious thought to a mains water distribution network,rather in the same manner as our Gas or Electricity networks.
Predictably, there was a row; then it rained.
The rain was so successful and in great quantity that the debate was terminated. :)

Don't the people pay for everything?

Don't the people pay for everything?

Yes, but it would have been more obvious and therefore resisted.
At present we're paying loads more for some silly bugger to import bio-fuel.
I doubt that the tanker uses bio fuel, somehow.

Mornin'.

My wife's car needed some work done, so I dropped it at the garage and walked the last 3/4 mile or so to work. It's not a bad way to start the day, but this afternoon when I pick the car up I'll probably wish for a hat.

Morning: Nice bright day. OK, get the washing on the line.
Afternoon. It's raining, quite hard.

<Gloom>

Hmmm. Another storm running up the Atlantic coast? High wind here; don't know what that's all about. Barely made it up before noon, as I staid up to hear results of the California primary which were bogged down and weren't even 50 percent in when I gave up. Coffee now.

Hmmm. Another storm running up the Atlantic coast? High wind here; don't know what that's all about. Barely made it up before noon, as I staid up to hear results of the California primary which were bogged down and weren't even 50 percent in when I gave up. Coffee now.

The second tropical storm of the year crossed northern Florida yesterday and headed up along the east coast. You're probably getting some spill over from it.

The second tropical storm of the year crossed northern Florida yesterday and headed up along the east coast. You're probably getting some spill over from it.

Is Colin pronounced like a body organ or like the beginning of Collie?

Is Colin pronounced like a body organ or like the beginning of Collie?

The latter. It is a female name.

Beautiful day here but the mosquitoes are bad, bad, bad. I saw one today that I thought was a mosquito hawk but it was a mosquito the size of a dime. :eek:

Back