The Last Daughter of Krypton: World's Finest

Before Damian could make his reply the first notes from the Stage make their way to the private balcony seating. Damian takes Sandra's arm and gives a gentle squeeze and they go to their seat. Damian lets her into the row first taking the corner seat closest to the door still in the Front row keeping the appearance that he is a socialite however still able to take definitive action if something were to go wrong.

However with this many heroes in this one room someone would be out cold faster than they could release a round. The citizen guests probably were in the safest balcony seating in all of Metropolis. Damian takes Sandra's hand and brings it up to his lips kissing her across the knuckles as the music got started good. The first piece being "The Overture" from Beethoven's Last Night .

Damian then leans over to Rose and says, "The manager said that TSO was going to give us some material that isn't on any of their albums. I think he mentioned some Bach and Mozart done TSO style."

The Joker - First Laugh

"Ah Gotham! Just take it in!"

The Joker inhaled some of the cities 'fresh' air, and then promptly coughed and wheezed. He straightened up his back and clicked his feet together with a smile on his twisted face. Red lipstick had been smeared all over his lips, turning a sinister smile into something a little more... strange.

"Di-sgusting," he decided. "Bozo! Get over here!"

"Yes, boss?"

"I think it's time for a change. This city needs a good laugh. What do you think?"

It took the henchman a moment to realize what the Joker was getting at, and for that he received a quick slap to the back of his head.

"Uh, right. Of course."

"Excellent!"

The Joker smiled once more and turned towards the police officer he had bound and gagged at his feet. Reaching into his coat pocket, the Joker pulled out a playing card.

"I hear that you've got a bat problem. Well... I'm here to help, so don't you worry," he said before placing the card on the chest of the policeman. The Jokey playfully slapped his cheek and removed the gag before standing up, and then started off towards the door.

"Oh! I almost forgot! Let's put a smile on that face."

Picking up the bag of precious gems that he had stolen from the private residence with a rather incompetent rent-a-cop, the Joker walked back over to the incapacitated guard and subjected him to a small dose of his own laughing toxin.

The effect was immediate. The guard was overcome with lunacy, tears streaming down his face as he couldn't keep himself from laughing.

"There we go! Much better!"

Last edited:
Fortress of Solitude

Kara Zor-El smiled.

Blushed, even.

"Thank you. This place... it's all that I have that connects me to my past. Krypton might be gone, but my father gave me all of this to help me on my journey. A little piece of home, I guess."

They can be a great people, Kara, they wish to be.

Kara walked over to one of the central consoles, and she punched in a few keys before a giant screen opened up in front of her. Various Kryptonian symbols flashed across the screen, and Kara raced through each line of code.

They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason, above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only daughter...

"I'm not... entirely sure what I'll be able to find out here, but I'm sure the archives will have some mention of our trio of troublemakers," Kara said as she keyed in a few more commands, and several smaller windows flashed across the monitor. Kara would briefly scan them, commit the information to memory, and then move on to the next one.

As she was doing this, she couldn't help but glance over at Hal as he stood next to her.

"So... if you don't mind my asking, how did you come to be a Green Lantern?"

Last edited:
Green Lantern - The Fortress of Solitude

"So... if you don't mind my asking, how did you come to be a Green Lantern?"

"Well," Hal began, "I suppose my story starts like any other: One day, I was flying a test plane, a prototype fighter. I'm officially a test pilot for Ferris Aircraft, although I'm not sure I'm still on their payroll after a nearly three-year absence.

"Anyway, the plane started having all kinds of mechanical and electrical failures. It was going down, and I either had to eject, or go with it. So, I punched out. I 'chuted down into the desert, Nevada, New Mexico, somewhere, I'm not sure where. I wandered the desert for a few days, surviving on my emergency kit, when I came across an alien named Abin Sur. His spacecraft had crashed on Earth, and he was dying. He said he had instructed his ring to seek out one who was worthy, and he said that person was me. So, he gave me his ring and battery, and when I put the ring on, I was transported to Oa to begin my training.

"The rest, they say, is history," Hal finished with a smile. Hal watched Kara as she worked the console.

"It's sad to lose one Green Lantern in this universe, but I'm glad to see they found a worthy replacement," Kara said with a bright smile. "My parents... the Kents, I mean... they taught me to believe in people. I know that not everyone in this world is good, but there's still some hope. Anyways... whatever happens, I'm glad that you're here."

Kara Zor-El smiled warmly, though a sudden beeping in the computers registries pulled her eyes away from Hal and back toward the monitors.

"There they are."

Kara punched in a few more commands, and three images of the Faeries they fought earlier appeared on screen.

"Well... I might as well have looked them up on Wikipedia," Kara said with a slump of her shoulders.

"There's something here about a prismatic stone, but my father doesn't go into too much detail about it. Supposedly they've been around since the Earth first formed... guarding the elements and whatnot. The one that Unlike the faeries that we've all heard about from stories, these ones don't simply delight in causing mischief. So I'm guessing that... the stone... was in the bank?"

Kara scratched the back of her head.

"Well... Pyra blew herself up, so I imagine we won't be seeing her for a while. I'll keep an eye on the bank and see if anything happens there, but I don't think there's much more we can do at the moment."

"Pete is a doctor Bruce. He probably volunteered to monitor the ladies in case a medical emergency came up." I lightly said to my friend. I watched one of Bruce's rare real smiles cross his lips as I went over to Pete and we exchanged guy-hugs.

Pete grinned, and shook his head as he returned the hug with gusto. "Again with the 'doctor' crap. I ain't graduated or certified, you don't just get to call yourself 'doctor' anything."

He paused. "Unless you're 'Doctor Phil.' Or 'Doctor Fate,' but he done earned his stripes."

He grinned broader still. "But still, good point, I'd make a Hell of a lifeguard."

"Looking good my man. Oh, clear me a day or two in your calender, Rose lost her mind and said yes. We're getting married."

Pete's grin dropped away and a silent, incredulous, delighted laugh escaped his lips. "Dude. Congrats! So I get you a couple days, I requisition her a straitjacket, just say the word 'when.'"

I lowered my voice to a stage whisper. "Keep it on the down low though, we haven't formally announced it."

Pete made the "Scout's Honour" sign, and nodded firmly. "For you? I am a secret."

"Pete my man, does Bruce have a eye candy farm outside Gotham or something?"

"Got me swingin'," Pete kept his voice at a hush, recognising the man's need to have a bachelor's eye in his head while he still had the chance. "Asked him once, he just brushed it off, smiled it away, and mentioned that Wayne Industries had an interest in Cadmus Labs, whateverthecrap that means."

"And don't worry, Rose will play nice with your date."

Across the room, Rose tilted her head, and smiled a secret smile.

And glanced at Kyle, glanced at Pete. "One advantage to being something of a Waterbender. I'm never off my game when it comes to pool parties."

Pete's mouth fell open, and then he started laughing. "No secrets from her, huh?"

Bruce moved past them toward his seat, leading his date. "Ears like a bat, you might say."

He stopped, and looked between Wraith and "Doctor" Midnight, glanced at Sasha, returned his attention to the boys. "And for the record? The community of Latverian refugees in Gotham City was extremely hard-hit by the economic downturn induced by certain... outside forces, the economic downturn so fiercely combatted by my own parents. (I gave a Latverian man my coat once. It looked good on him.) If certain members of that refugee community wanted to start a modeling firm and dating service in order to make ends meet, it might behoove certain philanthropic billionaires to give them a little business and give them a date that'll treat them properly rather than the usual cop-a-feel scum."

And then he went on, guiding his red-haired ladyfriend to their final chosen seats.

"That man," Pete shook his head. "Only he could turn a date with world-class hotties into saving the world. (I'm never gonna be that good of a hero, am I?)"

Before Damian could make his reply the first notes from the Stage make their way to the private balcony seating. Damian takes Sandra's arm and gives a gentle squeeze and they go to their seat. Damian lets her into the row first taking the corner seat closest to the door still in the Front row keeping the appearance that he is a socialite however still able to take definitive action if something were to go wrong.

Still grinning wickedly, feeling a little bit vindicated that she'd been able to take a little bit of the piss out of Kyle despite the fact that she was getting shut out of a Get Rid of Slimy girlS meeting, Rose linked her arm with Kyle's and guided them to sit right near Damian.

However with this many heroes in this one room someone would be out cold faster than they could release a round. The citizen guests probably were in the safest balcony seating in all of Metropolis. Damian takes Sandra's hand and brings it up to his lips kissing her across the knuckles as the music got started good. The first piece being "The Overture" from Beethoven's Last Night.

Lucius sat Sasha, and Pete sat with his date, the music rising around them.

Sasha frowned at Lucius. "So this is, what, hair-band cover-songs of classical composers and Christmas music?"

"Chimeric cryptozoology," Lucius chuckled. "Trust me, this baby's her whole own animal, categorising just won't cut it."

"Sure beats the opera," Bruce mentioned, a strange look in his eyes.

Damian then leans over to Rose and says, "The manager said that TSO was going to give us some material that isn't on any of their albums. I think he mentioned some Bach and Mozart done TSO style."

"Seriously?" Rose beamed at him, and held up a hand with fingers crossed. "God, I hope they rock out Wolfgang's Symphony No. 41 in C major, that would be transcendant on, like, a myriad of levels. I love me The Jupiter."

Last edited:
It had been a joke. Sort of.

A reference to Glamour magazine.

In the first real conversation that had led, by hook and by crook, to them becoming husband and wife.

Chloe had joked about a List of Five. A List of Five celebrities and such with whom each half of a couple could "cheat" without being on the hook for consequences.

Chloe had named three. One of whom-- and Merick had ribbed her for this at the time, and bunches since over the years --had been Jesse McCartney. And she had quipped that her other two would be named later.

They didn't really really have Lists of Five. They weren't that sort of couple, and really, they had eyes only for each other, the rarest of creatures.

But Chloe had, over the years, developed something of a crush on J'onn J'onzz of Ma'aleca'andra. And secret little joke treasured in her heart, she'd put J'onn into her utterly whimsical, utterly hypothetical List of Five.

And thus, in the bathroom, splashing cold water on her face and cursing her flourishing rising falling diving surging hormones, Chloe called herself an idiot and told herself to keep it together.

"For God's sake," she muttered. "It's not like he's Liam Neeson." (Number four.)

She took one last deep breath, congratulated herself for leaving the mascara off (it would just have run anyway, what with the splashing), dabbed herself with the hand-towel, and exited the bathroom.

She looked good. Black blouse, black cardigan, black skirt, silver ankh earrings.

A theme. And an in-joke. And she looked pretty good.

A tiny little smile crossed her face as she saw him standing there amongst her family and friends.

She slipped her hand into Merick's, gazed at Mer', kissed him on the cheek and hoped he read the sheepish abashed schoolgirl apology in her eyes.

And then she grinned at J'onn.

"Hey," she tilted her head. "Long time no think at. I see someone was civilised enough to offer you the equivalent of tea and biscuits..."

But she gestured to the living room with a bit of a chuckle. "But, um. Did anyone offer you a seat?"

Kyle

"That man," Pete shook his head. "Only he could turn a date with world-class hotties into saving the world. (I'm never gonna be that good of a hero, am I?)"

"Me neither my friend, but I am marrying one who is." I said to my friend. "Here come the girls, lets go watch the show."

I took Roses arm in mine and we went to our seats. As she sat and chatted with Damien a bit, I pulled out my PDA and started fiddling with it. Rose noticed and gave me a "What are you doing you silly man?" look, and I winked at her and finished typing in commands, then placed the PDA on the ledge where the screen faced the concert. I then leaned over and whispered in her ear.

"Chloe can't make it, so I sent a secured transmission to Freya to real-time link this to her computer at her home. She's going to get to see the concert, Freya gets to make her flesh-sister happy, and I get to knock out my good deed for today."

Last edited:
And then she grinned at J'onn.

"Hey," she tilted her head. "Long time no think at. I see someone was civilised enough to offer you the equivalent of tea and biscuits..."

But she gestured to the living room with a bit of a chuckle. "But, um. Did anyone offer you a seat?"

J'onn J'onzz grinned back at Chloe.

"It is good to see you, too," he told her. "And, no, I have yet to be told where to sit."

With that, J'onn took the package of Oreos from Merrick and made his way to the living area, where he sat cross-legged on the floor. He opened the Oreos and began eating one.

"Please join me," he told them.

Green Lantern

Hal knew Kara was right: there wasn't much more they could do at the moment about the troublesome Fey.

"So," he asked, looking into her eyes, "what do we do now? I'd say dinner, but I think the nearest restaurant is about a thousand miles south of here."

"I'd say dinner, but I think the nearest restaurant is about a thousand miles south of here."

"A thousand miles? That's... that's pretty far," Kara said with a serious nod of her head, yet the playful smile that crept over her face revealed that the distance didn't really matter all that much to her. The closest restaurant could have been ten thousand miles away, and they still would have made it with plenty of time to spare.

But she would have had to have gotten dressed into something a bit more appropriate, and that in itself would have taken forever (not the actual dressing, but picking out the right outfit...)

"Well... how about we eat in, then? If you're still hungry, that is."

Kara typed in a few commands into the computer, and the data displayed on the monitors vanished.

Sleep mode... for the moment

"Either way, there's someone I'd like you to meet," Kara said with a smile, and turning back to the main console she pressed down upon a single key. From one of the other rooms emerged a strange golden robot, its entire body hovering just a few inches over the ground. It had two long, slim arms which ended in three pinchers. Connected to its body via a thick flexible cable, the robots head was flat, wide at the front and tapering to a rounded point at back. Kelex's obsidian faceplate could best be described as goggle-shaped, flat and featureless, except for an electronic waveform resembling an EKG which travels left to right across its surface.

"There you are," Kara said once her robot assistant arrived. "Took you long enough. I think you're getting slow in your old age," Kara teased.

"My delay was not caused by the accumulation of years present here in the Fortress, Kara Zor-El."

"I know. Anyways, Kelex, I want you to meet a friend of-"

"Hal Jordan, Green Lantern of Sector 2814. Your presence here was noted upon your arrival. You are most welcome here," Kelex interrupted.

Kara placed a hand on her hip and glared at the robot.

"Knowitall. Anyways, Hal and I are looking to have something to eat. Could you puhlease go down to the kitchen and prepare some dinner for us?"

"Certainly. Is there anything in particular you wish to have?"

Kara shrugged her shoulders.

"Any requests?" the young Kryptonian asked, her eyes shifting from Kelex to the GL.

Last edited:
I like pink very much, Lois.

"Hal Jordan, Green Lantern of Sector 2814. Your presence here was noted upon your arrival. You are most welcome here," Kelex interrupted.

Kara placed a hand on her hip and glared at the robot.

"Um, nice to meet you as well," Hal answered Kelex. He then looked to Kara and shrugged.

"Knowitall. Anyways, Hal and I are looking to have something to eat. Could you puhlease go down to the kitchen and prepare some dinner for us?"

"Certainly. Is there anything in particular you wish to have?"

Kara shrugged her shoulders.

"Any requests?" the young Kryptonian asked, her eyes shifting from Kelex to the GL.

Of all the things he had missed during his time on Oa, food was at the top of the list. Not that Hal didn't get to eat, but the food was hardly the Earth-norm of hamburgers, pizza, tacos, or spaghetti. Ahh...spaghetti!

"Spaghetti?" Kal answered. "It's been a long time since I've had spaghetti. That is, of course, if, um, you like spaghetti." He looked into her blue eyes and got lost once again. "Do you like spaghetti, Kara?"

Hal nearly blushed.

Indeed the TSO had rocked out Wolfgang's Symphony No 41 in C Major. Near the end the keyboardist had a little fun with their duel. It was a show to be remembered that was of no doubt. Damian and Sandra even relaxed to a certain extent, though Damian did keep the entrance not far from the corner of his eye.

Once the last note played Damian and Sandra waited for their guests to get to their feet before standing and then walked to the room behind the balcony to join their guests. Damian smiles and asks, "Wonderful performance was it not?"

Sandra taking his arm says not taking her eyes off him, "Simply divine, David."

Damian continues to smile as he says, "As I was trying to tell you Rose if you wish to talk shop with the rest of us, You are more than welcome to."

"One of my favorite meals," Kara said with a smile before she turned back towards her favorite caretaker. "Kelex?"

"Your dinner shall be ready shortly," Kelex stated before heading off for a separate part of the Fortress, leaving Kara and Hal alone in the control room.

"So um... how about a tour of the place?"

Kara led Hal into the Hall of Krypton where, in the center of the room, was a large memorial statue dedicated to her deceased parents, Zor-El and Alura. They were clothed in what Kara could only guess was their manner of dress back on Krypton, with Alura in flowing white robes and Zor-El in a proud uniform with the crest of the House of El emblazoned on his chest. Each of them had one arm extended, their hands holding up a large globe of the planet Krypton.

Being in this room... was somewhat difficult for Kara. Her parents had given up their lives for her. To ensure that she made it safely to a far-off world. To live among humans. To be raised by humans.

But not to be human.

"These are my parents," Kara said after a moment. "I've tried to piece together what they might have looked like... but it's not easy when all you have are fragmented memories and crystals with nothing but their voices to guide you."

Not far from where they were standing was another monument, much smaller in scale but still important nonetheless. Two more figures stood proud and erect at the center, and they too were holding up a large globe of the planet Krypton. At their feet was a small child, his hands occupied by a small model aircraft.

"That's my uncle Jor-El and my aunt Lara. The boy at their feet is... was my cousin, I guess. Kal-El, I think. I asked Kelex if he remembered anything about them, but his memory bank is pretty jumbled.

Kara slumped her shoulders a bit and sighed. Before she could shed any tears, however, Kelex arrived and cheerfully stated that their dinner was ready.

Green Lantern

As he was led through the Fortress, Hal marveled again at the magnificence of it all.

The Hall of Krypton showed a recognizable face to the Green Lantern. He had seen an image of Zor-El during his training on Oa. The Kryptonian Counselor and Scientist was well-respected by the Guardians of the Universe.

"These are my parents," Kara said after a moment. "I've tried to piece together what they might have looked like... but it's not easy when all you have are fragmented memories and crystals with nothing but their voices to guide you."

"Sometimes," Hal said, "memories are all that we have. At least, though, your parents have given you the means by which to keep their memory, and the memory of Krypton, alive with you forever."

Next, Kara pointed out the maquettes of Jor-El, Lara, and the infant Kal-El.

"I remember the detailed brief the Guardians gave me on J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter. Seems he traveled all around the universe at one time or another. Maybe he knows something of them."

And then Kelex arrived and informed them dinner was ready.

"Awesome," Hal remarked. "Let's eat!"

"I'll have to have J'onn come down here sometime and let him fill in the blanks," Kara said. "I'd really like to know more about my family. I know that they're gone but... I'd really like to know."

Kara followed Kelex out of the Hall of Krypton and down the corridor that went past the rather empty Intergalactic Zoo until they reached the dining area. The entire room seemed to sparkle with radiance, with crystals jutting down from the ceiling in all sorts of directions. A small table had been set up for the two of them in the center of the room, and on it was an immaculate white tablecloth with plates and glasses and two candles for added light.

"Thank you, Kelex," Kara said with a smile as she approached the table, though she paused to look over at Hal.

"Time to dig in," the Kryptonian added.

- - -

"I'll make them pay... they'll all pay."

A rather short man, one that could have easily been mistaken for a child, approached a table that was covered from one end to the other with broken toy parts. They were broken... but not irreparable. The pieces would fit together eventually, and when he was finished... they'd pay for what they did to him.

Winslow Schott picked up an eversmiling dolls head, and the deranged toymaker grinned.

Last edited:
Just outside of Metropolis there is a white manner with green trim. A deep emerald green limo pulls up and out steps what you would think is a hobo with the torn pants and ripped sleeved shirt. His blond hair almost completely covers his eyes and a full two years worth of growth for a beard. Its almost comedic how out of place he is. However the driver treats him with utmost respect.

"Should I call in the staff Mr. Queen?" The driver asks

"No James, I am just going to get a shower and go to bed in a real bed for the first time in two years." Oliver Queen answers. He looks up his eyes are slightly sunken from his diet of scavenging. He pulls out his Mongolian longbow and his quiver of homemade arrows. The bow a gift from his father right before his parents died.

"Very good, Sir. Ill get you a sandwich then and leave it by your bed." James replies as he closes the door to the limo behind Ollie and then pulls it to the garage before the master of the house can reply.

Oliver gives a tired laugh and says more to himself, "Who ever said valet's were a good thing, never had a valet who didn't listen."

The longbow-man unlocks his front door and walks in shedding the torn shirt his shoulders chest and back knot and relax from his constant use of the Mongolian longbow. He then throws the shirt into the trash as he walks to his room. He places his keys on the counter and you see the Queen family crest on the keyring.

He turns on the shower and sheds the dirty grimy, full of hole khaki's and tosses em in the trash. He then steps in letting the water rinse off his lean body which kept up better than would have been expected on a deserted island. His memory flashes to him standing on the rocky ledge as he looks into the crystal clear waters and drawing his bow back and catching a fish through his use of archery.

As expected once he got through with the shower he looks on his nightstand, a grilled honey ham and swiss was there with a side of Mountain Dew. He shakes his head and sits down on his bed with his towel around his waist and eats the sandwich and drinks the soda. Before he gets ready for bed.

Last edited:
My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive.

"No really... I am," Wally West boasted as he was sitting down at a table with a few friends of his, and while all his buddies laughed along with him as if his last statement was a mere joke, Wally knew differently. He was the fastest man alive. Ever since that day back in his uncle's lab. Ever since that freak accident had occurred.

He had been given a gift... a special power.

Keystone City quickly became the 'Home of the Flash'

Wally was flattered, and as the Flash he made sure the people knew he was truly the Fastest Man Alive.

All while stopping the bad guys, of course.

To him... that was the end of a good day.

The television behind him was displaying the latest news reports, including the exploits of the newly famous Supergirl. Wally couldn't help but smirk.

He knew he could run circles around her if he wanted to. And there were plenty of other things he could think of doing with her, too.

The T.V. eventually tuned into more local reports. Excusing himself from the table, Wally raced back to his apartment, changed into his costume, and then ran around the city a few times, managing to stop a few muggings and a handful of armed robberies. One of the goons he had apprehended dropped the name Winslow Schott.

"Where's Winslow now?"

"Metropolis," the goon responded. "He's up to something big."

"What?"

"I don't know..."

After dropping the man off at the police headquarters, the Flash continued running until he arrived at the big city, home of the Daily Planet. Wally suddenly stopped running and peered in through the windows of a coffee shop in downtown Metropolis.

Girls.

Really cute girls.

"Hello ladies," Wally said with a smile as he sat down next to them, his arms stretching out comfortably on the seat.

Supergirl could wait.

Last edited:
Hal Jordan spooned and forked his way through the spaghetti.

"Very good," he remarked, "and it's been quite a while since I've had any real Earth food. They don't make quite the same stuff on Oa."

Hal looked up, and before he knew what he was doing, he had taken his napkin and wiped a bit of sauce from the corner of Kara's mouth.

He then smiled. He looked at her for a long moment, then his thoughts turned to other things.

There was no doubt the power of the attraction he had for Supergirl. He knew, though, his mission now required him to protect the ideals of justice within his assigned sector. Kara would be an ally in that, and so would others. Would it hurt to make this alliance with her something more than just a fellow superhero?

Heh. Superhero. Yeah, that's me.

Last edited:
Dinner with Hal was going rather smoothly, and Kara was pleasantly surprised when he reached up with a napkin to wipe off some spaghetti sauced that had lingered near her lips. She smiled warmly, and for a while neither of them could peel their eyes away from each other.

"Thank you," Kara said warmly, finally breaking the silence. She twirled her fork around in her food, but set it back down on her plate.

Her eyes remained locked on Hal's.

Luckily Kara had obtained a mastery over her heat vision. Otherwise... she would have likely set the entire Fortress on fire.

Ringing.

At first Kara attributed the ringing to...

A bank robbery.

Why did it have to be a bank robbery? One night. Kara just wanted one night off to enjoy herself. Was that really too much to ask for?

"I'm sorry... there's something going on in Metropolis," Kara said as she rose from her seat. From what she could gather it wasn't anything like the robbery before, but that didn't mean she couldn't offer her assistance. There was a huge difference between facing Metro P.D. and facing a super hero.

"You're welcome to come with," Kara said. Earth was, after all, under his watch. "I might need saving again," she added with a playful smile before taking off and heading towards the United States. When she arrived at the scene of the crime, Kara was stunned. The robbers had all been tied up, and a man wearing a flashy red suit was leaning up against a wall with a huge smile on his face.

"Glad you could join the party Supes. I was just tying up some loose ends."

Last edited:
"I'm sorry... there's something going on in Metropolis," Kara said as she rose from her seat.

There was about to be something going on here, Hal thought. But, as things would have it, duty called.

Kara had told him he was welcome to come with her, and he intended to do so, but she had already left the fortress before he had a chance to tell her. Hal's ring had surged its power and enabled him to follow closely behind her as she flew through the sky.

What the Green Lantern saw astonished him as much as he was sure it had Supergirl.

"Glad you could join the party Supes. I was just tying up some loose ends."

Hal held his right hand out and instructed his ring to scan.

What he learned was interesting indeed.

"Seems his sub-atomic matrix is in a constant state of flux," Hal told Kara. "In other words, his atoms are moving faster than the speed of light. I'm thinking this is one fellow who might just be able to outrun you," he added, teasing her.

woow.. trully amazing.. u got a wild imagination.. i m pretty much sure that u r inspiration has came fro superman.. the last son of krypton.. it was agreat story never the less...

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread, but please don't post in an ongoing thread, especially if you're not part of the cast. Your comments are certainly welcome in the OOC, however.

"Seems his sub-atomic matrix is in a constant state of flux. In other words, his atoms are moving faster than the speed of light. I'm thinking this is one fellow who might just be able to outrun you."

The Flash actually stood in place while Hal held out his ring, though he wasn't entirely sure what the GL was going to do. After Hal identified his powers and lowered his arm, Wally smiled.

"He's right babe. I could run circles around you all day," Wally said, and then in a blur he began running in circles around the Girl of Steel. Kara tried to follow his movements at first, but he was just moving way too fast. After a few more passes she stuck her arm out to her side and Wally ran straight into it.

"I got the picture," Kara said, obviously in no mood for games (especially after her night was just about ruined).

"So did I," Wally said with a wide smile, and Kara blushed rather fiercely. Wally dashed away before she could hit him, and deciding that it wasn't the effort she turned to other matters.

"So what happened here?"

"Here? Nothing," The Flash responded. "They tripped the alarm and I caught them as they were leaving the vault. And here I thought the criminals in Metropolis were supposed to be smart."

"And just what are you doing in Metropolis?"

"I got a tip that something might be happening down in the big city, so I decided to drop by and see if there was anything I could do about it. You ever heard of a man by the name of Winslow Schott?"

Merick grinned at Chloe as they took a seat on the floor with J'onn.

"I don't know how to tell you this J'onn, but if this is spin the bottle, not only am I like the king, but seriously, you are not my type." Merick gave Chloe a soft kiss on the cheek.

Back