The Last Daughter of Krypton: World's Finest

It was shortly after dark when Husam Din Jabr walked out of the police station a free man. He couldn't believe what his life had been for the last 24 hours. His only friend was a super hero, he was brought up on some bull shit charge of terrorism, and then he was released after a rather impressive appearance by his friend. The world works in mysterious ways.

Sammy was smiling as he got to the taxi. He was looking forward to getting home to his family. He was smiling despite it all. Because that was what he would do. All his life Sammy wanted to be a hero, now he was friends with one. Close enough. Sammy answered his phone. His wife. She was crying. Sammy grinned. Then it happened. He heard the explosion. Like nothing that he never had heard.

In that instant everything that Sammy was ended. Luckily, perhaps, the moment was not drawn out. A split second later a bullet tore through Sammy's heart. He was dead before he hit the ground.

This good man, this righteous man, this honest man died. Taken. His life cut short. His family destroyed.

Sammy's eyes open as he finds himself on a couch in a small flat. Perched on his knee is a large crow.

"Hello, Sam. I am here to tell you a story."

Sammy looks at the bird. Lost. Confused. "I don't understand. What happened? Where am I?"

The crow cocks its head. "Come 'ere kid. Look into my eyes." The crow moves up onto Sammy's chest. The two lock eyes and the crow touches a wing to either side of his head. In an instant every bit of the truth pours into Sammy's head. He feels the pain and the intensity of the heat that devoured his family. In near slow motion he sees and feels his own death once again. "These are the things you don't want to remember. But they are yours. No other can carry your burden. There is a price to pay. While Death may be the high price of living, there is a price for such actions. Come... listen to a tale, you have the time. With out breaking contact the crow begins his story.

"Ages ago, A snow-white Crow was left by the God Apollo to watch over his love, Coronis. But though Coronis was pregnant with the Sun-God's child, she admitted her passion for another man. The Crow flew off to tell Apollo of Coronis' addmission, but before the Crow could tell him, the Sun-God had already divined Coronis' infidelity.

In the fires of his revenge against Coronis, the Crow was turned black as night. Since that time, the Crows have been spirits of revenge.

Though Coronis died, Apollo managed to save the life of their child...Asclepius. Asclepius grew up and was given a gift by the Goddess Athena; blood from the veins of Medusa the Gorgon. The blood possessed the power to cure the sick, and even to raise the dead. But the power of the Gorgon's blood made Asclepius some powerful enemies, especially Hades, who complained that Asclepius unjustly depleted the population of the underworld. Zeus killed the physician with a thunderbolt...but the Crows kept the Gorgon's blood.

The Crows bring back those who have been wronged, so that they might the wrong things right. And it is said that the Crows shall remain ever black, so long as violence is repaid with violence."

As the crow finishes he flutters to the edge of the window.

"So, Sam. The choice is yours. Do you want redemption"

"I want him to pay. He will feel every once of the pain he has wrought. This is not the end. Not until his black heart has felt the loss he has caused. Guide me. Bring me back to carry out the justice. Come, spirit of revenge, let me serve as a tool of vengence. My name means mighty sword of faith, allow me to become a mighty sword of vengence. Please, if ever any deserve vengeance, it is this man and those that would serve him."

"So it must be. Come. Take into you the powers of The Crow. You shall be a messenger of Death, of Doom, of Retribution. Come my child. Follow me, it is a long walk to Eden." The crow smashes through the window. Sammy not far behind.

Jessie was glad for the distraction but was pissed that she'd gotten to the event to late to save the poor guy. Laughing yourself to death is no way to go. He'd died in her arms as she'd tried everything she could to keep him breathing. That was how the Gotham P.D. had found her. They'd stopped her just in time, her lips inches from the guard's.

"I thought the stories about Gotham had been exaggerated." she said to the detective in charge of the scene.

"No Ma'am, Gotham is strange times. Case in point that Philadelphia's Liberty Belle came for a visit," the detective replied, " And mentioning that, what does bring you here?"

Jessie smiled and gave the man her most vampish smile. "Oh you know detective, a bit of this and a bit of that. Big social to do's tend to bring out the loonies and, to be honest, you guys could use all the help you can get with freaks like the guy that does this sort of thing. I just wish I'd gotten the warning about this in time to save this poor guy."

Honestly Jessie had been surprised that after she'd managed to dump Erick, that idiot of a male model and managed to not giggle at the scene she'd made for the paparazzi, and flounced into her Porsche that the police scanner was going on about the break in. She'd been even more amazed that she'd been the first on scene.

"Any chance I can get you to go back to the station house for a statement?"

"Honestly? No." she blurred to the detective's side and place a firm kiss on the detective's cheek leaving her bright red lip prints on his ebony skin. The other cops on scene grinned despite the crime scene as the cop blushed at the kiss. "But between that and the rest of the officers' statements will prove that I was here."

With that, the Liberty Belle was off into the night.

"You ever heard of a man by the name of Winslow Schott?"

Kara shook her head.

"Can't say I have. Who is he?"

"He's a toymaker. Or was..." Wally seemed confused for a moment before he shrugged his shoulders. That was how he dealt with most things in life: a simple shrug of his shoulders. "Anyways, he used to work for LexCorp until they fired him a few months back. He dropped off the radar until a couple of street thugs I rounded up earlier dropped his name. Said he was in Metropolis and planning something big."

"So what was he fired for?"

"I guess the guy just went completely bonkers, you know? Started putting bombs in toys and mailing them to people, demanded everyone refer to him as 'Toyman'."

"And now he's here?" Kara repeated, more to herself than to those gathered around her. She folded her arms and started pacing back and forth.

"It's possible he could be planning an attack against LexCorp, in which case he'd need to come up with something pretty ingenious if he plans on taking out Lex."

Kara unfolded her arms and sighed. She'd need to get in touch with Lex Luthor, not in order to expose him for some heinous crime, but to potentially save his life.

"This was starting to be a good week."

"You ever heard of a man by the name of Winslow Schott?"

Kara shook her head.

"Can't say I have. Who is he?"

"He's a toymaker. Or was..." Wally seemed confused for a moment before he shrugged his shoulders. That was how he dealt with most things in life: a simple shrug of his shoulders. "Anyways, he used to work for LexCorp until they fired him a few months back. He dropped off the radar until a couple of street thugs I rounded up earlier dropped his name. Said he was in Metropolis and planning something big."

"So what was he fired for?"

"I guess the guy just went completely bonkers, you know? Started putting bombs in toys and mailing them to people, demanded everyone refer to him as 'Toyman'."

"And now he's here?" Kara repeated, more to herself than to those gathered around her. She folded her arms and started pacing back and forth.

"It's possible he could be planning an attack against LexCorp, in which case he'd need to come up with something pretty ingenious if he plans on taking out Lex."

Kara unfolded her arms and sighed. She'd need to get in touch with Lex Luthor, not in order to expose him for some heinous crime, but to potentially save his life.

"This was starting to be a good week."

Hal shook his head. "Yeah, tell me about it," he stated, giving Kara a small smile.

"So, what's next, a trip to LexCorp?" he asked. "And, just for the record, I'm still hungry," he finished with a smile.

"So, what's next, a trip to LexCorp?"

"Looks like it," Kara said grimly, glancing over at Hal. She wasn't happy about having to go see Lex, but with another hero on her side she didn't feel as horrible about it. Two heads are always better than one when trying to convince Lex Luthor about an imminent threat, though from personal experience Kara knew that the son of Lionel was never one to bow down to peer pressure.

"And for the record, I'm still hungry."

Kara smiled and nodded her head in agreement with the Green Lantern, even though she didn't need to eat a full-course meal in order to be sustained. Her cells gathered most of what the Kryptonian needed from the warm light of the yellow sun and then stored the rest away for later use.

Her love for the sunlight was one of the main reasons why Kara hated rainy days. She could always fly above the storm clouds, but down below everything seemed so cold and desolate.

"Well, no reason to put this off any longer."

Kara walked out of the bank just as the Metropolis PD arrived. She explained the situation and then headed off towards LexCorp while the police took the would-be robbers away in their squad cars. Although LexCorp had originally started off by having its offices on the top floors of the Daily Planet, within a few years it had become one of the most successful multinational corporations in the world.

The Flash arrived in the main lobby of the high-rise building less than a second after Kara did, and while they were there to warn Lex about Winslow, Wally couldn't help but try and ham it up with the cute front desk secretary.

"I'm here to see Lex Luthor. I don't have an appointment," Supergirl said firmly as she walked up to the receptionists desk, drawing the assistants attention away from the Flash and towards the Girl of Steel.

"I'll let Mr. Luthor know you're coming," the secretary said as she picked up a phone. Kara looked towards the others before she made her way up to the floor with the executive offices. The doors leading into Lex's main office had already been opened, and Lex himself was standing by the far window, looking out over the city with his hands folded behind his back.

"Welcome," Lex said with a warm and professional smile as he turned around, his eyes shifting back and forth between the heroes gathered in attendance. Lex wasn't too fond of All-American heroes traipsing about in his city, but he was a business man and would entertain their presence for the time being."What brings Metropolis' finest to my office?"

"We're here to give you a warning," Kara began, folding her arms over her chest.

Lex raised an eyebrow.

"A warning? For what reason?"

"We believe that one of your former employees is going to try and kill you."

Instead of taking the matter seriously, Lex simply sat down at his desk and chuckled.

"My dear, I am in control of one of the largest corporations in the world. I receive these kinds of threats on a daily basis. Rest assured, my personal security team is well-equipped to handle these kinds of... matters."

While Supergirl was talking things over with Lex, Wally had idly wandered over to one of the many bookcases lining the office and picked up a priceless antique from off the shelf.

"Put that down!" Lex thundered, almost causing Wally to drop the item.

"I was only looking at it," The Flash explained, quickly putting the artifact back where he found it. "Look Big L, we only wanted to give you the heads up. No need to get all huffy," Wally said as he moved over to where Lex was seated, even going so far as to rest a hand against his shoulder.

Hal stood quietly by as Supergirl and The Flash spoke with Luthor.

Hal didn't trust Luthor. He didn't like him.

Call it Lantern intuition, or whatever, but it was a gut feeling. Jordan had spent his last few years training to be a cop, and this was cop gut instinct telling him that Lex Luthor was a very bad man.

Lex Luthor brushed off the Flash's hand and stood up from his cushioned chair, clearly annoyed at having so many 'do-gooders' present in his office with the intent of trying to scare him. He could quietly and efficiently deal with any problems relating to his former employees, but the options available to him became less and less the longer the self-appointed heroes were in his city.

But his mind was already at work, twisting things and calculating the probabilities.

He always did the calculations himself.

Always.

He could use every single one of them and they wouldn't even realize it until it was too late.

It was all so simple.

"As I have already said, I can certainly handle this matter. But," he added, turning to face the trio with his arms folded behind his back. "since the three of you are here already... perhaps I could make you an offer. As I'm sure you're all aware... I own this city."

His last statement carried an air of smug satisfaction, but the look on his face betrayed no such expression.

"But it's such a large city and quite frankly, resources are stretched pretty thin. I'm sure that, with your talents and my guidance... we can all make Metropolis the shining jewel of this land. What do you say?"

Kara Zor-El looked at Lex Luthor sternly, as if trying to perceive the words behind his words. She had her arms folded across her chest, partially obscuring the impressive emblem of the House of El (though the rest of the world had taken to calling her Supergirl).

There was always another agenda with the Luthors.

"I don't think so, Mr. Luthor." Supergirl finally said, turning to leave. "I'll be keeping an eye on you and on Metropolis," she added, approaching the door and turning the knob to open it.

"I'm gonna have to go with Big Blue on this one," Wally said, chasing after Supergirl and causing quite a few papers on Lex's desk to just fly up into the air. Lex was certainly annoyed at being rejected so easily, but although he was disgruntled he looked towards the Green Lantern with a warm, business-like smile.

"And you? You seem like a reasonable man. Think of all that you can achieve... all the good you can do for this city."

Last edited:
"And you? You seem like a reasonable man. Think of all that you can achieve... all the good you can do for this city."

Behind his mask, Hal's eyebrow went up.

"You don't even know me," he answered, "and I have been known to be very unreasonable."

The Green Lantern turned on his heel and headed towards the door behind The Flash and Supergirl. He stopped, and half-turned back to Lex.

"As long as a person walks on the right side of the law," he warned, "the Green Lantern Corps has no interest in them. But, if that person breaks the law, then they get noticed by the Corps. And they are watched by the Corps."

Hal faced Luthor, his ring pulsing with green energy.

"You, Lex Luthor, are being watched."

The Green Lantern walked out of the office.

He caught up with Kara and Wally.

"You know something," he told them, "money begets money. When I was flying for Ferris, LexCorp won bid after bid against them for defense contracts. I'm absolutely sure it was because Luthor was padding the pockets of the senators in charge of the oversight committees for the contracts. And now, he says he owns the city.

"What a piece of shit."

Last edited:
Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor could no longer hide the contempt he really had for the masked (and unmasked) vigilantes that were crusading in his city, and after the Green Lantern left his office he slammed a fist against the surface of his desk. His ire was aimed particularly at Supergirl, who above all the others seemed the most problematic. He did not like, nor was he used to, people refusing his advances.

Heroes.

The thought made him absolutely sick.

No one was infallible.

"I'll be keeping an eye on you..."

Those words resounded in his ear several times over until he turned he finally turned his genius intellect towards his next course of action. Given recent developments, his plans would have to be expedited.

Lex returned to the back of his desk and picked up the phone.

The number he proceeded to dial was known only to a handful of people in the world. Lex was usually accustomed to having his calls answered after the first ring, but he waited 'patiently' until the party on the other line picked up.

"Dr. Waller," Lex spoke calmly into the receiver, his anger having simmer downed for the moment. "There are some urgent matters that we need to discuss. I am on my way down."

Lex Luthor hung up the phone and proceeded to cancel all of his afternoon meetings before making his way down into the garage where his limousine was waiting.

Dinner rain check.

"I own this city..." Wally repeated, mocking Lex's accent as he and Supergirl made their way down towards the main floor of the LuthorCorp building. "And I thought my ego was bad. Which it isn't. I mean... yeah I like to brag about being the fastest man alive, but that's because it's true."

The Flash paused for a moment and raised a hand to his masked chin.

"You know... I wonder who would win in a race... you or me?"

"I think there are more important things for us to do than to race around the world a few times," Kara said. "I want to find out what the deal is with Winslow. If he's in the business of making bombs now, then I want to get him off the streets before anyone gets hurt."

"You know something,," Hal said as he caught up with the pair outside of Lex's office. "money begets money. When I was flying for Ferris, LexCorp won bid after bid against them for defense contracts. I'm absolutely sure it was because Luthor was padding the pockets of the senators in charge of the oversight committees for the contracts. And now, he says he owns the city.

"What a piece of shit."

"Hey! I was just thinking the exact same thing. We're like two peas in a pod or something," Wally chimed in as he zipped over to Hal and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"I was just telling Flash that we should probably start figuring out how to stop Winslow before any innocent people get hurt. We might need to reschedule our dinner date," Kara added regretfully.

"Wait, what dinner date? Aww now I'm hungry."

When it rains....

[COLOR="Red

[COLOR="Red"]"Hey! I was just thinking the exact same thing. We're like two peas in a pod or something,"[/COLOR] Wally chimed in as he zipped over to Hal and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"I was just telling Flash that we should probably start figuring out how to stop Winslow before any innocent people get hurt. We might need to reschedule our dinner date," Kara added regretfully.

Hal laughed when Flash put his arm around him. His ring then glowed, and a finger of green energy tapped Flash on his opposite shoulder. When the Fastest Man Alive turned to look, Hal slipped out of his friendly hug and began walking beside Supergirl.

"Reschedule?" he asked. "Okay, deal, but just as long as we do reschedule."

He wasn't going to let this one get away.

"Wait, what dinner date? Aww now I'm hungry."

Hal reached somewhere inside his uniform and pulled out a handful of dollar bills. He counted off six or so and handed them to Wally, then he pointed to a hot dog cart on the sidewalk near the LexCorp building.

"Chili and cheese, please."

"So," he said to Kara, "about this Winslow thing. Where do we start?"

Kara smiled when Hal used the power of his ring to trick "The Fastest Man Alive" into thinking that someone else was standing next to them, and when Wally turned his head the Green Lantern slipped out from under his arm to join the young Kryptonian as she walked away from the LuthorCorp building.

"Hey!" Wally called out as the pair continued walking without him.

"Oldest trick in the book," Kara remarked quietly to Hal.

When the Flash caught up with them, Hal reached into his uniform and pulled out some money. Wally followed his pointing to the hot dog vendor on the side of the street, but he smiled when an idea popped into his head.

"I'll be right back."

In the blink of an eye Wally was gone, leaving the two superheroes standing on the sidewalk.

"So, about this Winslow thing. Where do we start?"

"I'm not really sure where to begin. I was going to try and see what kind of information I could dig up, maybe find out if anyone has seen or dealt with Wilsow in the past few days, try and find out who some of his suppliers are."

As Kara finished talking, a quick gust of wind signaled the arrival of the crimson speedster.

"Seriously, if you're going to get hot dogs you need to get them done right," Wally started before he jammed an entire hot dog into his mouth. "Gotta getfem... Anf' from..."

Wally swallowed the rest of his food and then let out a burp of approval.

"Coney Island. So, what did I miss?"

Gl - Still Hungry

Hal watched as The Flash inhaled the hot dogs.

"Where's mine?"

While he waited, he thought about what Kara had said about digging up information on Winslow.

The Ring, an extension of the Green Lantern's will, flashed and pulsed.

Within a moment, Jordan was presented with a sort of heads-up display in green light of a biography and statistical data on the person in question.

He showed it to Kara.

"Recognize anything? This may not be complete, I don't know how detailed it is. But, any law enforcement records from just about any planet you can think of is in here. If he's got a rap sheet, known accomplices, and the like, it will be here."

"Where's mine?"

The Flash had just finished eating the last hot dog when he realized that he meant to give one to Hal. Sometimes he thought more with his immense appetite than with his brain.

"Oh. Right. I'll be right back."

As Wally rushed off to purchase some additional hot dogs, Kara turned her attention towards the data that Hal had retrieved via his Ring, tucking some of her golden hair behind her ear to get a better look.

"Recognize anything? This may not be complete, I don't know how detailed it is. But, any law enforcement records from just about any planet you can think of is in here. If he's got a rap sheet, known accomplices, and the like, it will be here."

"Well, it's complete enough," Kara said, straightening up and folding her arms over her chest, partially concealing the S-shield on her uniform.

"I'm still going to poke around a bit and see if anyone's had any recent contact with him," she finished, turning her head to the side as her ears picked up the sound of gunfire in another part of the city. From what she could tell it wasn't anything major, but she knew from experience that things could escalate quickly. The Flash arrived just as Kara flew up into the air and took off, fists held out in front of her as her body became little more than a blurred streak of red, blue and gold headed towards the opposite side of Metropolis.

"Hey, where's she going?" Wally asked, holding the hot dogs in one hand and several packets of ketchup and mustard in the other.

"I'm still going to poke around a bit and see if anyone's had any recent contact with him," she finished, turning her head to the side as her ears picked up the sound of gunfire in another part of the city. From what she could tell it wasn't anything major, but she knew from experience that things could escalate quickly. The Flash arrived just as Kara flew up into the air and took off, fists held out in front of her as her body became little more than a blurred streak of red, blue and gold headed towards the opposite side of Metropolis.

Hal Jordan followed Kara with his eyes as she took to the sky. She didn't say anything when she left...she just...left? Oh. Yeah.

The Green Lantern's ring glowed as it scanned Kara's flight path and told it's wearer which way Supergirl was flying.

"Hey, where's she going?" Wally asked, holding the hot dogs in one hand and several packets of ketchup and mustard in the other.

Hal rose into the air. "Looks like she's going this way," he said as he took flight. "Seems there is trouble afoot in the fair city," he answered again. "You want a lift? If not, you can follow the green glow," he informed the Flash, indicating the shroud of green energy that now enveloped him as he left the street below him.

Kara Zor-El arrived just in time to take a bullet right to the chest, but it bounced off and struck a street light, shattering glass onto the sidewalk. Before the gunman could pull the trigger again she moved in front of him and grabbed the barrel with her hand, pinching it closed. She saw right through the ski mask he was wearing and then pulled the gun out of his hand (useless as it was). Once the rest of the men were taken into custody, Kara flew off and put a stop to several other attempted robberies.

It was a rather busy day for her in Metropolis, even with the help of the Green Lantern and the Flash.

By the time ‘Supergirl’ helped avert several disasters around the world she had almost forgotten about Toyman and the threat that he posed.

Kara possessed many extraordinary gifts, but she wasn’t a mind reader and she couldn't predict the future. If he wanted to stay low then she would just have to wait until he decided to show himself.

But then Kara wasn’t very good at sitting and waiting. She put some finishing touches on an article that she was writing for Perry, an article that had as much a chance at getting printed as the Mets had at winning the World Series, and then logged off her computer. Grabbing a small notepad from her desk, she grabbed her coat and then hurried out of the Daily Planet. She whistled for a taxi and then climbed inside, giving the driver a set of directions.

“This good, Miss Kent?”

“Yeah. Thanks, Jerry.”

Kara fished out some money from her purse and then handed it over to the driver before stepping out. She closed the door behind her and then waited for him to drive way before she turned a few corners and then walked into a building that was somewhat of a cross between a fish market and a pub. At the bar there were a couple of older men drinking beers and reminiscing about better days and bigger catches.

At the back of the room, sitting alone was a man that seemed to be down on his luck. He could be heard talking to himself, poking at the table as if it were a person and talking rather loudly.

Everyone knew him as “Bibbo”, and Kara had come to rely on him for any information that passed through Hobb’s Bay. When they first met Bo had tried to play up the drunken sailor routine in an attempt to shake the reporter off, but Kara proved herself by fending off a couple of actual drunken sailors, and Bibbo decided then and there that he liked her.

She was tough.

He just had no idea how tough she really was.

“Ah, Ms. Kent. What bring’s ya roun’ here?” he asked with a wide smile as Kara pulled up a seat next to him.

“I want to talk about fish,” Kara said.

“Uh, are we talkin act’ul fish or…”

“No, the other kind of fish,” Kara said with a smirk. “I need to know if you’ve heard anything involving someone named Winslow Schott.”

“That name sounds familiar…”

He used to make toys.

Bo straightened up and smiled as if a light was suddenly turned on inside his head.

“Hey! Yeah I remember. Great toys.”

“I think he’s building something other than toys now, so if you hear anything…”

“Yu’ll be the first to know. Well, actually that’s not true. I’ll be the first to know… so uh, that makes you the second to know.”

Kara smiled and reached into her coat pocket and pulled out her notepad and a pen. She flipped the pad open to a clean page and then scribbled something down. She tore the page out and handed it over before she rose from her seat.

That’s my number. If anything comes up just give me a call.”

“Uh, I already have your number Miss Kent.”

“And what is it?” she asked.

Bo scratched his head for a moment and then poked the table. He looked at the paper Kara handed him and then smiled.

“I got it right here. I’ll call you.”

Thanks.”

Although Kara had hoped to learn something vital that night, she was forced to settle with being back on square one. Something would turn up eventually. Sighing, she left the tavern just as it was starting to rain. Before the first rumble of thunder rolled through Metropolis, Kara was back at her apartment. She dropped off her purse and then took off her coat. She threw it on a chair and then sat down on the couch.

It was late, and although she wasn't actually tired she was very tired.

Kara sat in silence for a moment and cleared her mind. When she got up again, she took off her work clothes and put on her other work clothes. The cape was the last part of her suit that she put on, and she flew out of her apartment and began flying around, aimlessly at first, until she started heading towards the Fortress. Kelex was there to greet her, and Kara spent a bit of time doing some work that involved replicating Kryptonian technology to benefit mankind.

"Kelex..."

"Yes?"

"Could you please locate the Green Lantern and have him meet me here?"

"Do you require his assistance?"

"You could say something like that," Kara said with a smile, coyly biting her lip as she used her heat vision to weld two pieces of metal together. When she looked up again, she saw that Kelex hadn't moved.

"If you require some assistance, Kara Zor-El, then I would to like to remind you that I am-"

"Oh for Pete's sake, just tell him to get his cute butt over here," Kara grumbled. Kelex turned around and floated out of the room, located one of the central computers and relayed Kara's exact words to the Green Lantern.

Last edited:
The Green Lantern found the remnants of a very quick and decisive battle between Supergirl and some armed gunmen. He never did catch up to her, though. She seemed to be one step ahead of him the whole day. It was just as well, because this was Kara's city, he thought.

He knew, though, there were bigger fish to fry. The main fish being Winslow 'The Toyman' Schott.

It was near the end of the day when Hal was headed West, back home to California, when his ring began to emit a series of short beeps. Hal stopped in mid-flight and came to a hover.

The will of the Green Lantern activated the ring's two-way communicator, and a holo image of Kelex from Kara's Fortress of Solitude appeared.

"Oh for Pete's sake, just tell him to get his cute butt over here," Kara grumbled. Kelex turned around and floated out of the room, located one of the central computers and relayed Kara's exact words to the Green Lantern.

"She used those words exactly?" Hal asked the automoton. "Well, then," he concluded, "please advise Miss Zor-El that I will be en route promptly."

Hal Jordan turned in the air and flew North, a green streak of light traveling faster and faster across the sky. It was but a moment until he touched down at the Fortress of Solitude's main entrance, and after being scanned by the automated defense system, was allowed entry.

He found Kara waiting on him.

With a soft flash of green light, Hal's eye mask disappeared. He looked at her with eyes of emerald green and gave her a slight smile.

"You called?" he said as his eyes roamed her, taking in every curve that her uniform allowed.

Kelex left Kara Zor-El to tinker with her project and hovered into another room in the Fortress where several computer monitors kept a close eye on the happenings of Earth, but they also monitored what went on beyond the planet. If something was going to approach Earth from the darkness of space, they would know well in advance.

Pressing a few buttons, the Caretaker of the Fortress waited until the image of the Green Lantern appeared on a small holographic projector off to the side. He hovered over to the side and pressed a few more buttons before relaying the message from Kara.

As instructed, he repeated her exact words.

"She used those words exactly?"

"Correct," Kelex responded.

"Well, then, please advise Miss Zor-El that I will be en route promptly."

Kelex turned the holographic display off just as the Green Lantern began flying towards the Fortress, and he hovered back into the room where Kara was still working.

"Your message has been relayed. The Green Lantern will be here momentarily."

"Thanks,"
Kara said as she finished using her heat vision to weld a third piece of metal to the other two.

It didn't take long before Kelex was alerted by the Fortress that Hal had arrived, and after a brief scan granted him access. Kara smiled as Hal walked inside and found her waiting for him, and with a flash of green light his mask disappeared, revealing a pair of beautiful green eyes.

"You called?"

"Mmhm," she responded simply, her eyes taking in his muscular form while he took in her feminine curves. For the past few weeks they had been engaged in a very... tense dance where both knew what they wanted but either had yet to act on their impulses.

One night Kara even found herself drifting in the nighttime sky and almost crashed right into an airliner.

Kara leaned back and used her arms to prop her body up against the table she was working on, and the S-shield on her chest rose and fell with every breath she took.

The Green Lantern

Kara leaned back and used her arms to prop her body up against the table she was working on, and the S-shield on her chest rose and fell with every breath she took.

He looked at her, his eyes drawn to the curvature of her breasts as her breathing caused them to rise and fall.

He never took his eyes from hers as he first removed the ring from his right hand. He let it go, and it hovered there in the air, waiting. He took his gloves off, dropping them behind him on a table or something. The ring placed itself back on his right hand, and he moved closer to Kara Zor-El.

He reached out, gently, the index finger of his right hand tracing the outline of the symbol of the House of El on her chest. He stepped closer to her, brushing against her, then with a gentle quickness he was against her, his hands finding her hips and lifting her onto the table she was leaning against.

She was actually quite easily lifted, he thought, even though she could alter her personal gravitonic field (that's how Kryptonians achieved flight, he knew).

Hal's left hand wound its way into her hair and pulled her forward, her lips meeting his.

He pulled back. He looked into her eyes. The bluest eyes.

He kissed her again, lightly, just a touch.

Then, with his hand that still held her hair, he pulled her face to his again, his mouth against hers, forcing hers open, and his tongue a long, slow lick against hers.

His right hand was still on her hip, and he pulled her tightly against him, pressing himself between her legs, then lifting her leg so she had to wrap it around his waist.

He broke the kiss, then he kissed along her cheek, to her jawline, across her neck, then back up to her ear where he lingered for a moment.

His voice was a gentle whisper against her ear.

"So beautiful," he said to her.

Kara was wearing a coy little smile as Hal's eyes took in her form, and she watched as his eyes lingered on her chest, particularly on the way that her breasts swelled with every breath she took. Then he looked back up, and their eyes remained locked together until Hal made the first move. He removed his ring and then took off his gloves, setting them aside before the Lantern ring glowed and placed itself back on his hand.

Hal moved closer, almost pressing up right against her, and traced his finger against her chest, curving it around the crimson and gold emblem that dominated her uniform.

Kara took in another deep breath as his fingers pressed into her flesh, curving around and around until he moved against her, his hands finding her hips and easily lifting her up onto the table behind her. Kara closed her eyes when he brought his hand up to gently hold the back of her head, his fingers snaking their way into her beautiful golden locks and then pulling her forward, pressing his lips against hers.

When he pulled away, her eyes opened slowly, as if she was savoring and remembering the taste of his lips.

Then he kissed her again, just as delicately as before.

And then things really started heating up.

Kara's mouth was pushed open by the force of his kiss, and his tongue slipped inside to dance around with hers.

Licking.

Tasting.

He was pressing forward, inching her closer to the edge of the table until Kara's legs were forced to open up. Their kiss deepened and intensified, and the sound of their lips smacking against each other filled the room. Hal lifted up her leg, his hand holding onto her smooth thigh as she wrapped it around his waist, effectively trapping him inside.

Hal broke the kiss moments later, but he did not pull away like before. Instead he began kissing along her cheek, down towards her jaw and then along her neck until he brought his sweet lips up to her ear.

"So beautiful," Hal whispered, his breath hot against her ear.

"Mmmm," Kara moaned with a smile, tilting her head to the side so that her lips were locked with his again. She let her tongue slip out and drove it into his hot mouth while her hands held onto his sides. Her large breasts were pressed up against his chest, and her skirt began riding up against her leg as their bodies moved against each other.

Things were heating up very quickly.

"Mmm," Kara moaned again as their lips parted. "I have," she started to say before kissing him, "a bed... here..." Kara added, pressing her lips against his again.

Last edited:
The Green Lantern

"Mmm," Kara moaned again as their lips parted. "I have," she started to say before kissing him, "a bed... here..." Kara added, pressing her lips against his again.

Hal pulled slightly away, looking into her eyes, then he looked to his right as he saw that he had inadvertently lifted her leg from around his waist. He placed a kiss on her knee, on the inside of her leg, then began to kiss softly upwards, moving higher on the inside of her thigh. Her skirt had already ridden well up her body allowing him to see the curvature of her hips.

Soon his lips came to the juncture of flesh and fabric. The heat in this area was immense. Her body was unnaturally warm to the touch, a product of her Kryptonian physiology resulting from her rapid and efficient conversion of sunlight into energy.

Between her legs, however, seemed to be on fire.

He placed the palm of his hand against the fabric covered area, cupping her sex. It nearly burned him.

And while he dared let that palm linger there, he hooked his fingers beneath the tautly stretched cloth and pulled it aside.

His mouth went to work again, kissing the juncture of groin and thigh, and then he moved laterally across her skin, allowing his mouth to hover ever-so-slightly above that hot and wet place.

His tongue moved out lightly, teasingly, licking slowly.

And then he pressed his mouth fully against her.

The hand that held her one leg aloft reached around beneath her now, cupping the outside of that leg and pulling her against his mouth.

With his lips he sucked her softly.

With his tongue he licked her gently.

And as she began to move against him, those sucks became harder and the licks became firmer.

As the tempo of the undulation of her hips increased, so did the pressure he applied with his mouth and tongue.

He could feel her body tensing against him.

And just as she was almost there, he stopped and looked up at her.

"You said something about a bed?"

Last edited:
Kara smiled coyly as Hal pulled himself away from her, and she bit her lip in anticipation when she saw his eyes fall down to the exposed flesh of her leg. Her lips curled into a more devilish smile when he gingerly kissed her knee and then moved inward, planting more kisses along the inside her thigh until he reached the area where her skin met the edge of her panties.

She felt incredibly hot as her body began responding favorably to the stimulation.

When he places the palm of his hand against her, Kara let out a soft, appreciative moan.

She might have been the Girl of Steel, but she was still a woman and she was so incredibly turned on.

Like nothing she had ever experienced before.

Her lips were open, but no sound came out of her mouth.

Just her warm breaths.

Her throat quivered when he dared to push aside the fabric covering her mound, and her breaths became much more labored as he hovered over her hot lips.

"Hhhhhh-hhhhh-Hal..."

"Nnnn.. Oh!" Kara finally moaned as his tongue shot out and delicately tasted her.

Licking her.

Teasing her.

And when he finally pressed his entire mouth against her... she nearly lost it. Her body began moving back and forth on the table, her hips pushing her forward and then pulling her back in a rhythmic motion. Her hand found the back of his head and her fingers ran through his gorgeous hair as he continued to feast on her.

Her eyes closed for a moment as she reveled in the pleasure, and then she looked down over the swell of her breasts as he pushed her closer and closer to an explosive and much needed release.

She wanted to let go...

She wanted to just let it all out...

It felt so good... his breath against her... his tongue against her...

It was all so perfect... and as she came close to the edge... Hal stopped.

"You said something about a bed?"

Kara looked down at him and cracked a smile.

"Yes... yes I did."

She leaned forward and pushed him away from her so that she could stand up on her feet, and her skirt took its proper place to cover her legs as she started walking away. She raised her hands up to her shoulders and allowed her cape to fall off her shoulders, but instead of picking it up off the ground she just kept on walking.

After her cape Kara started working on her belt, and her small fingers worked quickly to pull the golden cord out from around her skirt. It didn't take long before her blue skirt was sliding off her body, bunching up near her feet as she stood there in her panties, the soft pink cloth riding up between her fleshy butt cheeks.

She looked back and smiled at Hal before she disappeared around the corner, walking into her private bedroom and waiting for him to catch up.

Get enough "Enhanced Humans" together (hey, it's a PC joke) and eventually after all the uninitiated leave, and the war stories begin.

We even had the perfect place. Two years ago I had financed a restaurant in Metropolis, and it had hit it off big. The Eternity Café was one of the most exclusive places to eat, drink and be seen in the city.

It was also swept daily for bugs, and had private rooms where guest were strictly not disturbed.

Especially when the owner is the one asking for privacy. So when the concert wound down I called Matt and had him set the room up for us. After the last plate had been cleared away, the last staff member had left (they would clean up after we left, the doors closed, the red light cleverly hidden above the sill blinked green, and the war stories began.

Pete had us dying laughing with ER stories about strange objects in places they don't belong. Bruce even cracked us up about a case where a animal trainer had trained some monkeys to rob jewelry stores. When Bruce, in full scary as hell Batman regalia had tried to round them up they had pelted him with self manufactured simian missiles. The explanation of how Alfred looked when he got back to the cave had us rolling.

Eventually we all wound down. Bruce had, well Bruce things to do. Pete had a shift in a few hours, and my Rose was yawning herself. Hugs and handshakes were exchanged, promises to keep in better touch, and eventually it was Rose and me

I took Rose's hand and kissed her cheek. She yawned and smiled at me sleepily.

"Lets go love. Jet lag has got to be catching up to you by now."

Another sweet kiss, one taxi ride, and we were in the executive suite of the Ambassador Hotel.

Tip well and nobody asks about your lack of luggage.

"Why don't you pop back home and get us a change of clothes. I am going to take a shower before bed." Rose said.

She then reached to her side and unzipped her dress. It pooled to the floor, leaving her standing there in the briefest of panties, and her heels. She then walked into the bathroom, closing the door almost closed. Leaving just enough that I could see bit and pieces of her as she stripped off her heels, gloves and those wicked little panties. Then I heard the water start up.

"To hell with the clothes!" I muttered as I started shedding my clothes while walking to the bathroom.

Back