The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXVIII: Suffering Sappho!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blazers are wicked cool.

72chev52115-3.jpg

CA = cyanoacrylate? :confused:

What's the deal with that?

For soft and punky wood, it soaks into the pours and hardens. I haven't used it yet but I guess you can buy it in like litre bottles and squirt in it with a pointy tip glue bottle and it basically hardens right away then you continue turning

It's not about dangerous. I can handle danger, it's just I like using things I know will work. If I try to DIY something on a treasured piece of wood and it doesn't work...oh hell no.

The Ginger just got in a shit-ton of exotic wood and I'm like a geek nerding out over some of the beautiful ones. I think the Kona is my favorite right now. He also got a burl that has bullets in it and I think we both understand now why people use a metal detector over those lots before they buy them, however he didn't think about it. I kind of want to make a table with it and leave the bullets in there.

Last year I made a coffee table out of some tile and wood I found in the old shed that came with this house. Painted the wood an oil based arctic white to preserve the wood (after sanding it smooth) and the odd colored tile matched it perfectly. I traded it several months ago for a 'unique' one that went more with the style that's slowly evolved in restoring the house. Every since then people have been asking me to make one like it for them.

Last year I made a coffee table out of some tile and wood I found in the old shed that came with this house. Painted the wood an oil based arctic white to preserve the wood (after sanding it smooth) and the odd colored tile matched it perfectly. I traded it several months ago for a 'unique' one that went more with the style that's slowly evolved in restoring the house. Every since then people have been asking me to make one like it for them.

If you look at my profile and then threads I've started you'll see my knife making thread. I think it's time to start another one on the board in terms of furniture or whatnot.

You table sounds really cool, id like to see pics of it.

For soft and punky wood, it soaks into the pours and hardens. I haven't used it yet but I guess you can buy it in like litre bottles and squirt in it with a pointy tip glue bottle and it basically hardens right away then you continue turning

Ahhhh... yeah, it's instant. AKA Krazy Glue.

MSU%20RSS%20GlobalMonthlyTempSince1979%20AndCO2.gif

Diagram showing the Remote Sensing Systems (RSS) monthly global surface air temperature estimate (blue) and the monthly atmospheric CO2 content (red) according to the Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii. The Mauna Loa data series begins in March 1958, and 1958 has therefore been chosen as starting year for the diagram. Reconstructions of past atmospheric CO2 concentrations (before 1958) are not incorporated in this diagram, as such past CO2 values are derived by other means (ice cores, stomata, or older measurements using different methodology), and therefore are not directly comparable with modern atmospheric measurements. The dotted grey line indicates the approximate, overall linear temperature development, and the boxes in the lower part of the diagram indicate the relation between atmospheric CO2 and global surface air temperature, negative, positive or none. Last month shown: April 2017. Last diagram update: 15 May 2017.

I drove one up here. LOVED it! The convertible top and big tires weren't so practical though and it eventually got sold. :(

The convertible top I could see being an issue during the brrrrrish months, but I'da thunk the thick tires would serve you well up there.

Probably not the greatest on mileage either, I suppose.

If you look at my profile and then threads I've started you'll see my knife making thread. I think it's time to start another one on the board in terms of furniture or whatnot.

You table sounds really cool, id like to see pics of it.

I'll take a peak. The table was something I did to take my mind off some stuff. My only thoughts in doing that project were simply to stay focused on making something nice, practical, and lasting out of stuff someone else discarded. I never imagined it would receive such compliments. Right now it's at some lady's house as a center piece for her outdoor furniture on a rather large front porch.I don't think I have pics on it, but I've thought about dropping by her house to take some pics of things I've thought about incorporating into my old house.

Why would that not be practical there

Because I never got to take the top off for long and didn't have a garage. The bimini top was just too cold. The hard top was a bitch to remove unless there were several men around.

The convertible top I could see being an issue during the brrrrrish months, but I'da thunk the thick tires would serve you well up there.

Probably not the greatest on mileage either, I suppose.

It was a GAS HOG and great for summer driving but it had Cali tires made more for the mud than the snow. A few years back I saw it sitting, rusting in someone's yard. :(

Because I never got to take the top off for long and didn't have a garage. The bimini top was just too cold. The hard top was a bitch to remove unless there were several men around.

It was a GAS HOG and great for summer driving but it had Cali tires made more for the mud than the snow. A few years back I saw it sitting, rusting in someone's yard. :(
I immediately thought of it rusting away when you said you drove it up there....

That is a damned shame.

I immediately thought of it rusting away when you said you drove it up there....

That is a damned shame.

I was in Yellowknife last summer.
You would not believe all the old stuff sitting rusting away up there.
A guy with a good trailer and some time and a few bucks could pick up some cool stuff..40's 50's 60's 3 ton trucks and stuff allover the place

I went and found some recent pics....Wings must weigh 250lbs.

The pics she's using here must be from the 1980's.

I was in Yellowknife last summer.
You would not believe all the old stuff sitting rusting away up there.
A guy with a good trailer and some time and a few bucks could pick up some cool stuff..40's 50's 60's 3 ton trucks and stuff allover the place

As soon as you start paying for that junk to be removed, the economics go into the toilet.

It's not about dangerous. I can handle danger, it's just I like using things I know will work. If I try to DIY something on a treasured piece of wood and it doesn't work...oh hell no.

The Ginger just got in a shit-ton of exotic wood and I'm like a geek nerding out over some of the beautiful ones. I think the Kona is my favorite right now. He also got a burl that has bullets in it and I think we both understand now why people use a metal detector over those lots before they buy them, however he didn't think about it. I kind of want to make a table with it and leave the bullets in there.

I'm certain you mean Koa.

That is a damned shame.

I had a sudden jolt thought of getting it back and fixing it up now that the igloo has a 4 car garage...but, it would have been sinking too much money back into it.

I look for it every time I drive that road, and don't see it anymore.

I had a sudden jolt thought of getting it back and fixing it up now that the igloo has a 4 car garage...but, it would have been sinking too much money back into it.

Salt air must kill stuff there, especially them old buckets

Its probably only good for scrap at this point. Harsh weather is no place for unprotected steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back