The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXV: It's Only Castles Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have calmed down, this morning. Still NOT happy but at least, my ears have stopped burning.

My last Dr's visit the Doc said because I'm turning 50 this year, it's time for a colonoscopy. To say I am dreading it, is an understatement.

Fingers crossed for an uncomplicated recovery Fermina - . :rose:

Acai/Acerola/Aronia shots with a bit of cayenne makes my legs feel like new. Woot!

She's super-duper.:rose:

I would like a little more detail on the shots, if you would. What's the ratio and stuff?

I have calmed down, this morning. Still NOT happy but at least, my ears have stopped burning.

My last Dr's visit the Doc said because I'm turning 50 this year, it's time for a colonoscopy. To say I am dreading it, is an understatement.

There is an upside, the drug cocktail is outstanding.

Adre is right - they have a nice little medicament which helps greatly. Any pain issues I've heard about regarding colonoscopy is post-procedure related to all the air trying to work its way out. It's important to have this procedure so try to imagine how relieved you'll feel when it's done and over with. It won't be your last - but next time you can approach it with some ease. :rose:

She's super-duper.:rose:

I would like a little more detail on the shots, if you would. What's the ratio and stuff?
I'm really glad to hear that. :heart: The hot shots are pre-mixed/store bought but I think equal parts each would still be super. Tart Cherry concentrate and pomegranate concentrate are also out of this world. Vitacost makes some great ones. When I'm out of any of these I fall back on homemade ginger/lemon/turmeric. It's not my favorite by far - but it works.

Adre is right - they have a nice little medicament which helps greatly. Any pain issues I've heard about regarding colonoscopy is post-procedure related to all the air trying to work its way out. It's important to have this procedure so try to imagine how relieved you'll feel when it's done and over with. It won't be your last - but next time you can approach it with some ease. :rose:

I'm really glad to hear that. :heart: The hot shots are pre-mixed/store bought but I think equal parts each would still be super. Tart Cherry concentrate and pomegranate concentrate are also out of this world. Vitacost makes some great ones. When I'm out of any of these I fall back on homemade ginger/lemon/turmeric. It's not my favorite by far - but it works.

Excellent. Thank you so much - I will give it a shot and report back.

What I am not looking forward to is having the shits before hand. Sitting on the pot for 24 hours is not my idea of fun.

My mother died from complications of a colonoscopy. I'm not afraid, it is just eerie.

After its over won't have to have another one for 10 years.

I bet you're glad there are programs to tweak your pics. If people only knew what you look like today, face to face, which is really ok, it's just, what's with the lies?

On another note, YouTube plans to eliminate the "Skip Ad" option completely by 2018. Time to ditch YouTube.

What I am not looking forward to is having the shits before hand. Sitting on the pot for 24 hours is not my idea of fun.

My mother died from complications of a colonoscopy. I'm not afraid, it is just eerie.

After its over won't have to have another one for 10 years.
If I've understood correctly - you are in the best health you've been in for a long time. You've made great strides towards making your life easier through better health - and this is just another one of those steps. You've got this. :heart:

bleh

190db45d5ce2fbf9070e8371307a931b.jpg

I actually agreed to sponsor someone recently. The shit that I have had to fill out is ridiculous. 3 years of tax returns, wasn't enough. They wanted the actual W2's. Plus it seems I am on the hook for them financially for like ever... I really wish I had declined.

Yes you are on the hook.

My nephew married a German girl, was going to live happily ever after in Germany but after two years they both decided to return to Murica.

He can come back anytime of course (Trump hasn't revoked that right by executive order yet) but cannot bring her back because she can't get the right visa without an employed sponsor (He doesn't have a job lined up here yet).

So he asked his dad to sponsor her and dad consulted an immigration lawyer, who said you must be nuts, you will be financially responsible for her for the rest of your life, to the point where they could conceivably garnish your Social Security.

I actually pity you, something I did not think possible.
It's not forever. At least not in Canada. My husband is my sponsor. He is financially responsible for me, for 10 years.

It's not forever. At least not in Canada. My husband is my sponsor. He is financially responsible for me, for 10 years.

I was exaggerating slightly. :eek:

responsible should also be better defined. If the person I sponsor abuses/uses benefits like SS, welfare, or any other government program they can come after me.

In my case I do not like the risk but the fact that she has two sons and a daughter that all DR's in S. America and she was a lawyer make me feel a little better. Plus she is my mother in law and as my wife is the boss I didn't have too much choice. :(

I was exaggerating slightly. :eek:

responsible should also be better defined. If the person I sponsor abuses/uses benefits like SS, welfare, or any other government program they can come after me.

In my case I do not like the risk but the fact that she has two sons and a daughter that all DR's in S. America and she was a lawyer make me feel a little better. Plus she is my mother in law and as my wife is the boss I didn't have too much choice. :(

Are you Jorge Cletus Frade? This is starting to sound like a W.E.B. Griffin novel. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back