The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXIV: Like Books & Black Lives, Albums Still Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the cutest pair of pink hiking boots yesterday, think butters would wear them?

No. I was slightly joking. I do have radon testers but I'm pretty confident out here that I won't have an issue.

I wasn't really joking about checking for thermal leaks in the building envelope.

Did you know that it's kiss a ginger day? :)

Smooches for all the wonderful redheads! :heart:

4180231145_f8efc03161.jpg

Not a bad idea.

I am having some work done on my place to repair some inadequacies attributed to the original construction. It should NOT have been energy rated at 5 stars. It will be, now!

When I took the trim off the north windows to fix some drywall cracks I found 2" gap between window and frame straight out to just siding. I swear I could tell the difference just by foaming up those spaces. So of course I had to every window in the house. And every one needed insulating. Bastard intsallers or insulation guys.

When I took the trim off the north windows to fix some drywall cracks I found 2" gap between window and frame straight out to just siding. I swear I could tell the difference just by foaming up those spaces. So of course I had to every window in the house. And every one needed insulating. Bastard intsallers or insulation guys.

Similar issue. But the house was supposed to be inspected by the muni building dept during construction and there's a specific inspection for "Insulation / Vapor Barrier". It certainly makes it an easy job to swap the windows out for triple panes.

The devil is in the details.

I have seen some of the worst insulation jobs lately. I'm actually relieved to be completely removed from the field now because it was getting tiring. The shit people will do when they know they can get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back