The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXIV: Like Books & Black Lives, Albums Still Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLEH

giphy.gif

Is it even attainable? It is Chicago.

Mmhmm. I have over 20 on my list. But tomorrow have the two with the front porch I want so badly. Plus a fenced back yard. And a 3 car garage. And brick.

Mmhmm. I have over 20 on my list. But tomorrow have the two with the front porch I want so badly. Plus a fenced back yard. And a 3 car garage. And brick.

The wind doesn't go through brick!

But, it's some seriously spendy shit up here. It all has to be barged in.

Do you have a thermal camera to take with for the inspection? A fun toy, and winter is the best time to check out the house envelope. My little FLIR One just hooks to the iPhone.

The wind doesn't go through brick!

But, it's some seriously spendy shit up here. It all has to be barged in.

Do you have a thermal camera to take with for the inspection? A fun toy, and winter is the best time to check out the house envelope. My little FLIR One just hooks to the iPhone.

I don't but I do have radon testers.

End of the World Cinema

I remember reading about this a few years ago and the story popped up again in a newsfeed.

Back sometime at the end of the last century, a wealthy French fellow visited the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt and thought ‘Mon Dieu!, This place could really use an outdoor movie theater.‘ Using his own capital, he purchased chairs, generators, and screens in Cairo, and built his wee cinema.

The locals were not keen, and before a single frame of celluloid could be spun through a projector, the generators were destroyed and screens damaged.

The world’s eeriest cinema hall is located in the Sinai Peninsula, in the Egyptian desert. Well, it isn’t exactly a hall. It’s more like an arrangement of wooden seats out in the open. It has been dubbed the ‘End of the World’ Cinema, and I think it couldn’t have had a better name. The neat arrangement of wooden seats in the middle of nowhere looks as apocalyptic as you can imagine – like a cinema used by a mysterious ancient civilization. The 150 seats are completely worn out, the screen’s foundations are broken and the building that once housed the generator and projector is in ruins. Surprisingly, the cinema is only a decade old.

I’m really not sure who would want to watch a movie sitting out in the open in the middle of a desert, but apparently a crazy Frenchman thought it was a brilliant idea. The project was his brainchild – he bought everything he needed for the cinema from an old theater in Cairo. According to Kaupo Kikkas, an Estonian photographer who recently took pictures of the site, the cinema was doomed ever since its conception.

SOURCE

tumblr_ogyel8oLLS1u38l26o1_540.jpg

tumblr_ogyel8oLLS1u38l26o2_540.jpg

tumblr_ogyel8oLLS1u38l26o3_540.jpg

tumblr_ogyel8oLLS1u38l26o4_540.jpg

Are they that close to bedrock in Chicago? Radon mitigation is usually cheap in a house.

No. I was slightly joking. I do have radon testers but I'm pretty confident out here that I won't have an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back