The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXIV: Like Books & Black Lives, Albums Still Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heated floors are one of the best things in the world. I dream of them.

Awesome idea... but when I was in the cabin, its more like, wear slippers, cause your feet will burn, and you dont quite feel the heat... a combo job is way better. Hmm, I never checked the feet of the couches.

I think if you were in vermont, you'd leave it on for 6 months at like 65.

Heated floors are one of the best things in the world. I dream of them.

Radiant heating in floors is fucking amazing. The hardest can still be there but we can't have everything.

And Sith Lords are much better comparison to axe killers than long haired hippy Jedi.

Radiant heating in floors is fucking amazing. The hardest can still be there but we can't have everything.

Re my above, how do you have it work, and you are talking slab heating yes, not ducted fors with gas?

okay, 20 minutes till i leave to go someplace first then to my visa appointment

*butterflies*

Re my above, how do you have it work, and you are talking slab heating yes, not ducted fors with gas?

There is also electric radiant for wood floors. But I'm not a fan of electric. Hydro prices are outrageous up here. Usually boiler water in a concrete slab.

Radiant heat works by heating objects not the air around. First time I saw radiant heat was installing radiant tubes in the ceiling area of an open Quonset hut in -19C weather.

https://www.radiant-floor-heating.com/hydronic-or-electric-heat/

girl%2C%20nudism%2C%20naked8.jpeg

I'm down with doing this kinda happy hour, BUT...motherfuckers best bring towels to sit down on, is all. :D

All those nudies, and not a naughty bit or tit can be seen.

There is also electric radiant for wood floors. But I'm not a fan of electric. Hydro prices are outrageous up here. Usually boiler water in a concrete slab.

Radiant heat works by heating objects not the air around. First time I saw radiant heat was installing radiant tubes in the ceiling area of an open Quonset hut in -19C weather.

https://www.radiant-floor-heating.com/hydronic-or-electric-heat/

Yeah, I've only seen/installed the electric, Its not an australian problem... but the place I experienced it had Lino (Linoleum) so it came through better I guess. The problem was of course just like pain meds, the wait for it to transfer through, but unlike them, you want to kick it back down once it hits, and you have to wait for it again.

Yeah, I've only seen/installed the electric, Its not an australian problem... but the place I experienced it had Lino (Linoleum) so it came through better I guess. The problem was of course just like pain meds, the wait for it to transfer through, but unlike them, you want to kick it back down once it hits, and you have to wait for it again.

Depends on winter temps, price of natural gas, hydro, money to install, new or retro. Gas fired forced air furnaces are the norm. Easiest to install.

Got a buddy with money to burn. He put hot water radiant in all the floors of his custom home.

I like heat pumps myself. If winter temps not too severe they work well. Ground water sources are good.

Hoping I am getting a virus, I am having a bit of a crap morning with some of the stuff but it's my medical appointment day . So well timed

I dont know whether I'm sick for like 4 days, because my allergies are that bad, being sick needs less antihistamines.

Re unfloor heating for stone, it's what we plan: we are advised it's good sense as a more comfortable heat and the stone will act as it warms as a sort of storage heater in its own right and be better. I just resent the wall space rads steal.

Explain the last sentence.

Only time I dealt with it was a snowzone in summer.

If a radiator is on a wall a book shelf, for example, cannot be. Or art should not be hung above. I dislike them under windows because it makes no sense with long curtains-I like long curtains that puddle on the floor and are impractical with pets.

I did put a radiator under the window in the family bathroom
Because I do not plan a curtain in there, it's stout enough to sit on, it has cute feet like little guy dog's, and it's hand for towels. There is also a small heated towel rail near the shower because it's convenient for the shower.

This made sense to me for this room.Otherwise, I don't want to see heating unless it's a fire. We have rads temporarily
( because we haven't agreed on a flooring ) and it annoys me a little. Cats like them though.

I read it as underfloor. I went to school with those radiators, and I used to cook myself on them during class. And the reason was the radiation was bad... but that may have been now 100 year old buildings with the glass never having been replaced.

The radiator doesn't get so hot to cook my self on. At school people shrank wrappers/packets on them. They don't get that hot now:(.

To cook myself I sit on top of the wood stove/range on the closed(!) hotplates. I have a burn scar on my forehead this year from touching the flue accidentally, and my back the same. I sit up there and read. It's cosy :)

Oh when we had the fire, 3 feet was as close as you'd get. When I was alone, I'd do baked potatoes inside, and 30 min was plenty.

The radiator doesn't get so hot to cook my self on. At school people shrank wrappers/packets on them. They don't get that hot now:(.

To cook myself I sit on top of the wood stove/range on the closed(!) hotplates. I have a burn scar on my forehead this year from touching the flue accidentally, and my back the same. I sit up there and read. It's cosy :)

Under ass radiant heat!

Might need to see a pic of a wood stove you can safely sit on.

Awesome idea... but when I was in the cabin, its more like, wear slippers, cause your feet will burn, and you dont quite feel the heat... a combo job is way better. Hmm, I never checked the feet of the couches.

I think if you were in vermont, you'd leave it on for 6 months at like 65.

My experience with them is in Norway. No burning feet, and they keep things nice and cozy.

It's cozy in the sunroom today... -6C and snowing, with the gas fireplace warming my bony arse.

And my old friend in Sydney sends me goddamned BEACH pics!

My experience with them is in Norway. No burning feet, and they keep things nice and cozy.

Yeah, Australia cant be far more opposite. As a permanent heater, I do think they'd be great. but I dont understand heating the whole slab being cheaper at the end of the day.

And you've finally explained why your name... we have had a few freyas, but the first two never went up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back