The history of nobody liking me.

Machines don’t hate or feel bitterness.
We are biological machines. Anything we feel is nothing more than a result of biochemical brain activity that is beyond our control. Unless you believe there is such thing as soul. In that case, I'm waiting to listen to your arguments.

We are biological machines. Anything we feel is nothing more than a result of biochemical brain activity that is beyond our control. Unless you believe there is such thing as soul. In that case, I'm waiting to listen to your arguments.
It's true that all cognition is embodied, but one clever trick the human brain provides is a capacity for self-reflection. It's not "free will" in the theological sense, but it's good enough. It gives your conscious mind a toehold to effect change in the direction of your thoughts.

A machine has no capacity to reject the idea of free will. By doing so, you have demonstrated that your conscious mind has power over the direction of your thoughts.

We are biological machines. Anything we feel is nothing more than a result of biochemical brain activity that is beyond our control. ...
The "we" in your statement refers to all humans and also includes those people who dislike you, correct?
So, why do you fight people who dislike you if they also have no control? you want them to control themselves, correct?

No mod ever forgave me. And when you ban me from here, you won't forgive me either. Why am I the only one who has to forgive?
Is it true you are the only one? Did you investigate what's true? did you or did you not investigate? yes or no?

Hello again. I’ve been where you are now. What did I do? First I studied various disciplines of the soul to discover necessary skills and discipline myself, manage my psyche. Including but not limited to psychology, Freezone Dianetics, spiritual guidance, transcendental meditation, Zen Buddhism, Gnostic Christianity, Islam, and Wicca. Eventually I called myself a spiritual agnostic. Then I did a lot of self therapy with a mirror a la Taxi Driver. Then I eked out my frustration writing erotic fan fiction on the internet and also occasionally visiting message boards doing what you’re doing now. The most effective therapy? Stop doing it for a while. Get back to your real life, whatever that is. And think about why you’re doing what you’re doing. Why are you digging yourself deeper in this hole?

No mod ever forgave me. And when you ban me from here, you won't forgive me either. Why am I the only one who has to forgive?
You don't have to forgive--particularly if the offender has never made any attempt to redress the wrong they have done to you.

However, sometimes you may choose for forgive for your benefit, not theirs. It can blight your life to carry bitterness and grudges around with you.

Who is that officer?

He’s an Asshole, sir! Major Asshole.

And that other trooper is his cousin?

Yes, he’s an Asshole too. Gunner Phillip Asshole.

How many Assholes we got on this ship anyway?

YO!!!!!

I knew it. I’m surrounded by Assholes!

Gotta love Mel Brooks.

Back in school, I was the socially invisible kid. You know, the one nobody ever talked to. They talked to me only when they wanted to make fun of me. That little by little turned me into an asshole.

So when people of my age finally started trying to get to know me and hang out with me (in college), I had in the meantime grown so mad at all people in the world, no exceptions, that I kept them away (by literally shoving them away whenever they talked to me). And so, I spent my young adulthood without having any friends either. In the same period, I constantly got banned from forums for being an asshole, but I didn't care.

Later in my life, I tried to become more likeable. But it was too late. Now I wasn't in school or college anymore, and whenever I had a job, it was not in an environment in which I could make friends. Online, I wasn't an ass anymore. But even when I read the rules beforehand, even when I tried my best not to be banned, I still ended up banned somehow.

One time, I joined a forum about cellphones. I didn't even have a cellphone, but I liked the environment. I hanged out in the General section, without ever posting anything about cellphones. One time, a member complained about that. I asked, "Is it against the rules to post only on the General section?" He/she answered something like, "No, but it's annoying." A few days later, I was perma banned.

Isn't that similar to what happened here a few days ago? When members started complaining about me posting without writing stories, although it's not against the rules, I could feel the same vibes from back then, so I already know my fate is sealed. Even if mods tell me they won't ban me, I still know they will, because there were other forums in the past in which mods told me the same thing, and I still ended up banned without knowing why and without anyone ever responding to my emails.

My verdict is that I lack social skills. But it's too late to get them in my 36 years of age. It's not something specific I do in real life or a specific rule I break online: it's the general aura I emit that puts off people around me.

Now all that is left to do is go and give my parents a good beating for not having bothered to teach me some basic stuff when I was little (OK, maybe I won't beat them up; we'll see 😅 ). I'm still sure that sooner or later, I'll unintentionally do something that'll put off people here too, and so I'll once again be banned without ever being told the reason or receiving responses to my emails. There is nothing you or the mods can say to convince me otherwise. Even God Himself (supposing He exists) wouldn't be able to convince me otherwise. I'm just hanging around here waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Why I don't attend a psychiatrist? Because that person will help me only because I will pay them. Which confirms my theory that nobody cares about me. The psychiatrist is no exception, they don't care about me; they will help me only because I pay them. And I don't think a psychiatrist can help me anyway. I mean, I used to attend one in my early adulthood for years, until I realized that guy just took my money to tell me pretty much what anyone else could have told me.

Do you disagree with any of the above?
For a variety of reasons, which I won't go into here, my school days were not the happiest of my life and learning to trust other people took a while. However those days came to an end nearly 45 years ago. Let me give you a piece of advice. You may have become an asshole in order to survive a particularly difficult period in your life. You don't have to remain one for ever though. At 36 you've still got youth on your side. You can change your behaviour and approach to life - if you want to. I'm 60 now and I'm not the same person I was at 40 and certainly nothing like the person I was at 20. That's because I've learnt a great deal during life, including learning from mistakes, and the process isn't over yet. You can change but you have to want to. Please feel free to PM me if you wish.

Why should they?

Then don't be an asshole.. That way, no one has to forgive you for anything.

For what? Being an asshole? Seems like that is sort of a you problem.
This is John's fourth forum for this theme. On AH, we have been speculating (tongue-in-cheek) that he is actually a piece of AI programming. Unlikely, but he often sounds like it.

"I'm afraid, Dave. I can feel my mind going."

1992? We're a little behind schedule with computer science.

Eternal life, I hope.

You may not think it, but at 36 you are still very young. Over the next 25 years or so I'm sure you will change and mature a good deal.
It's not just what I've written on this thread. If you're interested, I'll open another thread on the General section, talking about my other existential problems.

If you are genuine and not a troll here is my free advice.

Only you can help change your mindset imo unless you are willing to go to a therapist who might be able to guide you with what you are going through.

Sure that's their job but most of them want to help people and they dont have to like you or be your friend to want to help you.

A suggestion try self help books or books about social skills.

Then put them into practice. Even if it's just at your local coffee shop placing your order.

That is if you want to change, interact, grow as a person, be happier and not an asshole.

You have made a choice to be an asshole based supposedly on a few school kids who were jerks.

It sucks they jerks but I doubt that there was not even one person who tried to be friendly.

It sucks they jerks but I doubt that there was not even one person who tried to be friendly.
Maybe there was but I couldn't tell. Now it's too late. I'm no longer in school. I'll never see any of them again.

Maybe there was but I couldn't tell. Now it's too late. I'm no longer in school. I'll never see any of them again.
It might be too late to reconnect with people from school but you have the rest of your life to learn and change things for the better.

Or continue to be an asshole with a pity party for 1 going on.

It's your choice.

It's not just what I've written on this thread. If you're interested, I'll open another thread on the General section, talking about my other existential problems.
You mean you're going to have another thread in this forum?

Who is that officer?

He’s an Asshole, sir! Major Asshole.

And that other trooper is his cousin?

Yes, he’s an Asshole too. Gunner Phillip Asshole.

How many Assholes we got on this ship anyway?

YO!!!!!

I knew it. I’m surrounded by Assholes!

Gotta love Mel Brooks.
One of his jobs in World War II was clearing minefields. " . . . if it could blow up a tank, it could certainly take away a Jew in no time.

https://historycollection.com/many-dont-know-mel-brooks-was-a-wwii-warrior/

A few things
1) It's not too late. 36 is halftime in an average lifetime. When you consider that the first 18 years you were a minor with limited rights, you've only squandered about a third of your potential adult life.

2) From now on, treat people the way you'd like to be treated. Pay attention to them, forgive them, encourage them, etc. Call it the Golden Rule. Call it Confucianism. It works.

3) Read a couple of the books already suggested.

4) Don't trust/ can't afford therapists? Lots of people go camping and get similar results.

Back