The history of nobody liking me.

JohnSm123

Loves Spam
Back in school, I was the socially invisible kid. You know, the one nobody ever talked to. They talked to me only when they wanted to make fun of me. That little by little turned me into an asshole.

So when people of my age finally started trying to get to know me and hang out with me (in college), I had in the meantime grown so mad at all people in the world, no exceptions, that I kept them away (by literally shoving them away whenever they talked to me). And so, I spent my young adulthood without having any friends either. In the same period, I constantly got banned from forums for being an asshole, but I didn't care.

Later in my life, I tried to become more likeable. But it was too late. Now I wasn't in school or college anymore, and whenever I had a job, it was not in an environment in which I could make friends. Online, I wasn't an ass anymore. But even when I read the rules beforehand, even when I tried my best not to be banned, I still ended up banned somehow.

One time, I joined a forum about cellphones. I didn't even have a cellphone, but I liked the environment. I hanged out in the General section, without ever posting anything about cellphones. One time, a member complained about that. I asked, "Is it against the rules to post only on the General section?" He/she answered something like, "No, but it's annoying." A few days later, I was perma banned.

Isn't that similar to what happened here a few days ago? When members started complaining about me posting without writing stories, although it's not against the rules, I could feel the same vibes from back then, so I already know my fate is sealed. Even if mods tell me they won't ban me, I still know they will, because there were other forums in the past in which mods told me the same thing, and I still ended up banned without knowing why and without anyone ever responding to my emails.

My verdict is that I lack social skills. But it's too late to get them in my 36 years of age. It's not something specific I do in real life or a specific rule I break online: it's the general aura I emit that puts off people around me.

Now all that is left to do is go and give my parents a good beating for not having bothered to teach me some basic stuff when I was little (OK, maybe I won't beat them up; we'll see 😅 ). I'm still sure that sooner or later, I'll unintentionally do something that'll put off people here too, and so I'll once again be banned without ever being told the reason or receiving responses to my emails. There is nothing you or the mods can say to convince me otherwise. Even God Himself (supposing He exists) wouldn't be able to convince me otherwise. I'm just hanging around here waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Why I don't attend a psychiatrist? Because that person will help me only because I will pay them. Which confirms my theory that nobody cares about me. The psychiatrist is no exception, they don't care about me; they will help me only because I pay them. And I don't think a psychiatrist can help me anyway. I mean, I used to attend one in my early adulthood for years, until I realized that guy just took my money to tell me pretty much what anyone else could have told me.

Do you disagree with any of the above?

Back in school, I was the socially invisible kid. You know, the one nobody ever talked to. They talked to me only when they wanted to make fun of me. That little by little turned me into an asshole.

So when people of my age finally started trying to get to know me and hang out with me (in college), I had in the meantime grown so mad at all people in the world, no exceptions, that I kept them away (by literally shoving them away whenever they talked to me). And so, I spent my young adulthood without having any friends either. In the same period, I constantly got banned from forums for being an asshole, but I didn't care.

Later in my life, I tried to become more likeable. But it was too late. Now I wasn't in school or college anymore, and whenever I had a job, it was not in an environment in which I could make friends. Online, I wasn't an ass anymore. But even when I read the rules beforehand, even when I tried my best not to be banned, I still ended up banned somehow.

One time, I joined a forum about cellphones. I didn't even have a cellphone, but I liked the environment. I hanged out in the General section, without ever posting anything about cellphones. One time, a member complained about that. I asked, "Is it against the rules to post only on the General section?" He/she answered something like, "No, but it's annoying." A few days later, I was perma banned.

Isn't that similar to what happened here a few days ago? When members started complaining about me posting without writing stories, although it's not against the rules, I could feel the same vibes from back then, so I already know my fate is sealed. Even if mods tell me they won't ban me, I still know they will, because there were other forums in the past in which mods told me the same thing, and I still ended up banned without knowing why and without anyone ever responding to my emails.

My verdict is that I lack social skills. But it's too late to get them in my 36 years of age. It's not something specific I do in real life or a specific rule I break online: it's the general aura I emit that puts off people around me.

Now all that is left to do is go and give my parents a good beating for not having bothered to teach me some basic stuff when I was little (OK, maybe I won't beat them up; we'll see 😅 ). I'm still sure that sooner or later, I'll unintentionally do something that'll put off people here too, and so I'll once again be banned without ever being told the reason or receiving responses to my emails. There is nothing you or the mods can say to convince me otherwise. Even God Himself (supposing He exists) wouldn't be able to convince me otherwise. I'm just hanging around here waiting for the inevitable to happen.

Why I don't attend a psychiatrist? Because that person will help me only because I will pay them. Which confirms my theory that nobody cares about me. The psychiatrist is no exception, they don't care about me; they will help me only because I pay them. And I don't think a psychiatrist can help me anyway. I mean, I used to attend one in my early adulthood for years, until I realized that guy just took my money to tell me pretty much what anyone else could have told me.

Do you disagree with any of the above?
It’s never too late to get social skills, also understand etiquette which is something you can always fall back on if unsure. Being kind is also a great skill to have as well as truly caring about others.
For help I suggest the following books
The unwritten rules of social relationships by Sean Barron and Temple Grandin
The four agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Modern etiquette made easy by Myka Meier.

and no one made you an asshole, you let yourself become one.
If you don’t understand something find someone to help, get the tools to deal with people, practice in unimportant situations, but who you are is down to you, unless of course you’ve been severely brain injured or something and have no control of yourself.

Last edited:
Remember what I said about fee will not existing?
Paying for a therapist is a service that helps provide tools to be a better functioning human. If you want to continue as you are , keep putting up road blocks. Has it not occurred to you that many people seek therapy for help.
I offered my advice on some books that could help, without any obligation or fee on your part, take it or leave it.

If you don’t understand something fine someone to help
Why didn't the mods of all those forums help me? I asked them, in my emails, "Even if you don't want to lift the ban, at least tell me what I did wrong so I don't do it in the future. Please, help me become a better person." They never responded.

Why are the only people who want to "help" me those who want my money (either psychiatrists or those who want me to buy their self-help books)? How does that count as caring?

Why didn't the mods of all those forums help me? I asked them, in my emails, "Even if you don't want to lift the ban, at least tell me what I did wrong so I don't do it in the future. Please, help me become a better person." They never responded.

Why are the only people who want to "help" me those who want my money (either psychiatrists or those who want me to buy their self-help books)? How does that count as caring?
I’m trying to help you right now take it or leave it. I recommended some books that I found very helpful. I get no money back. If you buy the books, would probably be better to borrow them from the library. Where do I fall into your thing I was really don’t want anything from you.

It doesn't... The harsh reality of it all is that, in the end, the only one who can help you is you.

All these other intermediary people are there to suggest ways to go about it. But YOU have to make the effort.

It doesn't... The harsh reality of it all is that, in the end, the only one who can help you is you.

All these other intermediary people are there to suggest ways to go about it. But YOU have to make the effort.
I don't know what else to do. Even when I followed all the rules, they still banned me.

I don't know what else to do. Even when I followed all the rules, they still banned me.
Fuck 'em.. what do you care what or why? Go someplace else on the net or do something different.

…Why are the only people who want to "help" me those who want my money (either psychiatrists or those who want me to buy their self-help books)? How does that count as caring?
Does your AC repairman truly care about you as a person, or do they just care about doing a good job and maintaining their reputation so they continue to be successful?

Same question. If a psychiatrist eother through therapy or finding a medication that suits you helps you deal with life, does it matter if they really care?

And not meant as an insult, but let’s just say it’s clear that you do have issues, whether it’s that you really feel the way you say, or that you just want attention. And I’m I unwatching this too. Happened across it quite by accident.

Last edited:
Some helpful advice already offered. I’ll throw out Dale Carnegie’s How to Win Friends and Influence People. It was written a long time ago but it’s still sage advice in its pages.

Cultivate some interests and find like-minded folks. A lot of us got housebound and stir crazy over the last 3 years. Even this site can be helpful in finding people you can relate with.

If you felt like you need therapy to deal with anger issues there are even therapists available online so costs are greatly reduced. There’s one called Betterhelp I hear advertised quite a bit.

Taking care of yourself can go a long way to having a better attitude as well. Meditate. Forgive.

Good luck.

Back