The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

So, I just talked to YK, and she's not up for posting anything. SW's doctor called her today and told her that they don't know how much longer SW has, but that if anyone wants to go see him, they better do it now.

So, I just talked to YK, and she's not up for posting anything. SW's doctor called her today and told her that they don't know how much longer SW has, but that if anyone wants to go see him, they better do it now.

Thanks, Gracie. :HUG:

Thank you for letting us know. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Thanks for telling us, Gracie.

YK and Sir W, I'm thinking of you!:rose:

Thanks Gracie. So much love to YK and SW. :rose:

YK, sending you special hugs for endurance during this incredibly difficult time. Please remember to take care of yourself, too. Sending gentle hugs to SW for a safe and kindly journey.

And sending loving hugs to everyone else who is fighting their own fight or witnessing another's struggles.

Because of Scentofawoman's post (extra hugs!) I'm going to take up an extra line to speak in praise about an incredible program for children doing battle. I've been involved with it since the nurse who created it approached the hot glass group I belong to about providing some of the special, handmade beads. It's taken off in a way that completely awes me. I'll just let the site speak for itself. :heart:

http://www.beadsofcourage.org/

Desertslave, thank you for posting that site. I can't imagine having a child going through this.

Gracie, you already do so much for us. You don't even know. :heart:

I saw SW yesterday. He was mostly non-responsive, but did wake and pet his cat for about 5 minutes. The other time he was awake I don't think he was really aware because I would ask him a question and he kept repeating the same statement. I picked up his stuff which was harder than I thought it would be. I still haven't unloaded it from the car. He seemed pretty out of it and didn't react when I told him his cat had to go back into its kennel and out to the car because one of the nurses is horribly allergic. However, when I let him know I was leaving he got upset, asking why and where I was going. This has never happened before and I didn't know how to handle it or what to say, so I just told him that I had to go home but I would come back, that I always come back. I asked him if I've ever not come back to see him and he said no, but he was still upset. I didn't want to drag it out for him so I told him I would never leave for forever and would always come see him again and kissed his forehead and left.

I then went to a munch with a local group I'd never met before because I needed a buffer between that and the 3-hour drive home by myself and my thoughts.

So yeah, yesterday mostly sucked. Still, I'm always left with a thankfulness that I still get to go see him. I know it's selfish and I know it's not really him, but I feel it all the same.

:rose: YK

Sorry you had a tough visit, YK, but glad you got some 'you' time as well :rose:

Desertslave, thank you for posting that site. I can't imagine having a child going through this.

Gracie, you already do so much for us. You don't even know. :heart:

I saw SW yesterday. He was mostly non-responsive, but did wake and pet his cat for about 5 minutes. The other time he was awake I don't think he was really aware because I would ask him a question and he kept repeating the same statement. I picked up his stuff which was harder than I thought it would be. I still haven't unloaded it from the car. He seemed pretty out of it and didn't react when I told him his cat had to go back into its kennel and out to the car because one of the nurses is horribly allergic. However, when I let him know I was leaving he got upset, asking why and where I was going. This has never happened before and I didn't know how to handle it or what to say, so I just told him that I had to go home but I would come back, that I always come back. I asked him if I've ever not come back to see him and he said no, but he was still upset. I didn't want to drag it out for him so I told him I would never leave for forever and would always come see him again and kissed his forehead and left.

I then went to a munch with a local group I'd never met before because I needed a buffer between that and the 3-hour drive home by myself and my thoughts.

So yeah, yesterday mostly sucked. Still, I'm always left with a thankfulness that I still get to go see him. I know it's selfish and I know it's not really him, but I feel it all the same.

:rose: YK

Yikes. *hugs*

Oh, YK... :rose:

I think of both of you, every day.

Over the last few years, with all the awfulness I've dealt with (re: ex husbands and the Short Humans), SirW would randomly send a PM. And he'd remind me that I'm smart. And strong. And loved.

YK, you are smart. You are strong. You are loved.

Oh, YK... :rose:

I think of both of you, every day.

Over the last few years, with all the awfulness I've dealt with (re: ex husbands and the Short Humans), SirW would randomly send a PM. And he'd remind me that I'm smart. And strong. And loved.

YK, you are smart. You are strong. You are loved.

:heart:

From YK:

Nurse just called, said [SW] has gone nonverbal. I have to decide whether or not to continue feeding him. I'm packing an emergency bag and going into standby mode. I'll talk with his doctor in the morning and will know then if I need to go ahead and go up there. My sister is here with me.​

From YK:

Nurse just called, said [SW] has gone nonverbal. I have to decide whether or not to continue feeding him. I'm packing an emergency bag and going into standby mode. I'll talk with his doctor in the morning and will know then if I need to go ahead and go up there. My sister is here with me.​

Sending hugs and much love

:heart::rose::heart:

YK, you and SW are loving, beautiful souls. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
:rose:

Sometimes the last steps in a journey are the most rewarding. I hope your feet touch only the softest ground and your eyes are filled with beauty.

Back