The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

I am back at Lit after a several year hiatus.

My Mom had ovarian and uterine cancer. Two months after she was diagnosed, I was diagnosed with Uterine cancer. I was fortunate that it was benign after having surgery.
Then 4 months later, my Mother passed away.

Fuck You, Cancer. I will no longer let you hold me down.

Sincerest condolences Coy one. Warmest blessing to you and yours.
xo,
KI

Thank you for the update and picture YK. I'm glad SirW has a cat to cuddle...

Years ago (like 25 or so), I had a therapist with two service animals - a golden lab and a tabby cat. She said she had a really hard time getting the cat registered as a service animal, because the people who license such things didn't believe cats could be trained to sense and respond to people's emotions. But she eventually got her cat certified. :)

Amazing animals... the dog knew I wasn't a dog person and would crate himself when I walked in the room. The cat knew I was a cat person, but only hopped in my lap if I started feeling anxious or afraid.

I'm glad y'all have Harley to curl up to.

:rose:

That's a lovely photo. I remember my old dog coming in to snuggle and keep me warm when I was sick and miserable a few years back.

Thank you, everyone, so much. My god, you have no idea how much you all mean to both of us.

:rose: YK

Thank you so much, YK. :rose:

Sir W and Harley made me smile big today. Thinking of both (all!) of you.

Dear Cancer,

Fuck you for taking my brother.
Fuck you for taking my mom.
Fuck you for taking my grandfather.
Fuck you for taking my best friend's breasts.

Fuck you cancer.

Fuck you.

I saw SW this weekend. I got his room all pretty and posted pictures of a bunch of people. He kept asking where his cat was. I didn't bring it this time so I got him a big stuffed lion to keep him company until I can bring the cat up again.

He wanted me to take a look at his computer and make sure the internet was working. I fixed it again but I don't know that he'll actually use it, so he may not see your messages anymore. Please keep posting them, though. He is mostly just sleeping.

He also asked me if I took a picture of him sleeping with Harley and if so, would I share it with you all. I want to respect his privacy and also don't want to upset anyone but he really wanted me to post it and made me promise, so here it is.

20140913_130823.jpg

Thank you for this. I few months ago SW shared with me his illness. My thoughts and prayers are with him and you. Thank you for keeping us posted. Hugs

Thank you YK.

It's great to have a fur friend for comfort, I have three.

As always you both are in my mind and heart.

:heart::rose:

Hey guys,

The nurse called today and asked me to take SW's laptop back with me when I come on Saturday. I guess it's kind of bittersweet for me. It's not that he can't use it anymore and is frustrated with it like he was with his cellphone, it's that he has lost interest in getting online. He mostly just wants to sleep these days. I'm glad that it isn't upsetting him but I will miss thinking that he can see everyone's posts, even if I did know he stopped logging in a while back.

Just remember, I will always pass along your words. He remembers everyone and likes to hear how you are doing.

My man is a doctor maybe he can help you if you want. If not no hard feelings. But he loves to help

Fuck you cancer for taking friends younger and younger.
An 8 year old's stomach ache becomes a nightmare for the family.😔

Thank you, YK. It's reassuring to have the updates, no matter the news.

It is bittersweet, but I'm glad he knows what he needs right now. And besides, none of us is really all that interesting.

Tell him that he is missed. If this board had a Hollywood Boulevard, all his implements of pain would be memorialized in concrete.

:rose:

Scent, I'm really sorry. That's barbaric and heart wrenching.

FYC.

F...Y.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

The nurse called today and asked me to take SW's laptop back with me when I come on Saturday. I guess it's kind of bittersweet for me. It's not that he can't use it anymore and is frustrated with it like he was with his cellphone, it's that he has lost interest in getting online. He mostly just wants to sleep these days. I'm glad that it isn't upsetting him but I will miss thinking that he can see everyone's posts, even if I did know he stopped logging in a while back.

Just remember, I will always pass along your words. He remembers everyone and likes to hear how you are doing.
I'm sorry YK. I understand that it has been a comfort.
It's good to hear that he isn't upset about it though.

Fuck you cancer for taking friends younger and younger.
An 8 year old's stomach ache becomes a nightmare for the family.😔
These are the things that are hard to even think about and everything I try to write here gets stuck somehow, except FYC.

Hey guys,

Glad to hear that he's resting and comfortable, and wishing him sweet dreams as he sleeps :rose:

Back