The Economy Is Coming Back

Rightguide

Prof Triggernometry
The market has voted. Trump is the winner and it's all happening without the economies of blue states:

Trump touts surprise job gains, calls on states to end coronavirus lockdowns

By Tyler Olson | Fox News

President Trump declared Friday that jobs are coming back on the heels of a surprise labor report that may indicate the start of an economic recovery amid historic job losses, as he also upped his demands on states to lift lingering coronavirus-related lockdowns.

"We're bringing our jobs back," Trump said during upbeat remarks to members of the media in the Rose Garden. "We're gonna be back there. I think we're actually going to be back there higher next year than ever before."

He added, in reference to predictions that the economy could eventually bounce back to where it was before the pandemic: "We've been talking about a 'V.' This is far better than a 'V.' This is a rocketship."

Trump also signed a bill giving small businesses more flexibility with Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans. He said the legislation would "especially help restaurants, hotels and other businesses." The president also thanked Democrats for cooperating on getting the PPP bill through the House of Representatives.

Numbers released by the Labor Department indicated that the economy added 2.5 million jobs in May and the U.S. unemployment rate dropped to 13.3 percent from 14.7 percent a month earlier. This was a stark reversal from expectations that the unemployment rate could reach nearly 20 percent in May, and Trump took the opportunity to crow over the positive economic news.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-hold-press-conference-on-job-numbers

You are going to get a lot of pushback on that idea.

I just listened to Marie Harf
and she had a laundry list of how
this is a temporary illusion, a myopic mirage;
things are really much worse than was anticipated...

The market is on a major rally today. Certain commentators are saying it's because of the job numbers but I think that's only a small part of it. Earlier this week, earnings reports were indicating that some companies are making huge profits. The job numbers that were just released are another indicator that other companies are going to start posting profits again.

if you don't get in now, you're not going to be holding shares on the dividend ex dates. So, big money is moving around in the market to be sure to get in before then.

Marie is fucking priceless...
meme of the day:

The violence was because the police have riot gear and TANKS!!!

You take away the police and viola! no more looting and burning...

You are going to get a lot of pushback on that idea.

I just listened to Marie Harf
and she had a laundry list of how
this is a temporary illusion, a myopic mirage;
things are really much worse than was anticipated...

Yes, but we had eight years to discover that Harf's brain was a mechanical propaganda device powered by a hidden key protruding from between the cheeks of her ample ass. She would bend over and Victoria Nuland would wind up her key to the max and she would scuffle off to the podium and blurt out programmed arrogant absurdities that would entertain the President, who could be heard giggling throughout the day.

Yes, but we had eight years to discover that Harf's brain was a mechanical propaganda device powered by a hidden key protruding from between the cheeks of her ample ass. She would bend over and Victoria Nuland would wind up her key to the max and she would scuffle off to the podium and blurt out programmed arrogant absurdities that would entertain the President, who could be heard giggling throughout the day.

You just described Trump.

Why should we not believe his earlier quotes about the Job numbers?

Let's take a walk down memory lane and remember a few times Trump trashed the jobs numbers as “fake,” incomplete or something other than the right way to determine whether America had been made “great again.”

Sep. 7, 2012

“Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012
"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013
“We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014
“Unemployment is a totally phony number.”

June 16, 2015
“Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015
“Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015
“They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015
“I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015
“The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015
“They say 5.3 percent employment. The number is probably 32 percent.”

Oct. 11, 2015
“Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016
“Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016
“Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016
“The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016
“You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016
“The phony 5 percent numbers that we hear about with the unemployment.”

Aug. 8, 2016
“The 5 percent figure is one of the biggest hoaxes in modern politics.”

Nov. 4, 2016
“The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016
“The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction.”

From the Washington Post, 3-10-2017

It's a great day for George Floyd. “This is a great thing happening for our country,”

Let's take a walk down memory lane and remember a few times Trump trashed the jobs numbers as “fake,” incomplete or something other than the right way to determine whether America had been made “great again.”

Sep. 7, 2012

“Unemployment rate only dropped because more people are out of labor force & have stopped looking for work. Not a real recovery, phony numbers”

Oct. 19, 2012
"7.8% unemployment number is a complete fraud as evidenced by the jobless claims number released yesterday. Real unemployment is at least 15%”

Aug. 11, 2013
“We can rev up this economy like it should be, not with false numbers like 7.4 percent unemployment. But with real numbers.”

May 31, 2014

June 16, 2015
“Our real unemployment is anywhere from 18 to 20 percent. Don't believe the 5.6. Don't believe it.”

Aug. 11, 2015
“Then you hear there's a 5.4 percent unemployment. It's really — if you add it up, it's probably 40 percent if you think about it.”

Aug. 30, 2015
“They show those phony statistics where we are 5.4 percent unemployment. The real number, I saw a number that could be 42 percent, believe it or not.”

Sept. 28, 2015
“I hear 5.3 percent unemployment, that is the biggest joke there is in this country. That number is so false.”

Sept. 29, 2015
“The number is not reflective. I have seen numbers of 24 percent. I saw a number of 42 percent unemployment. … That number is so false.”

Oct. 9, 2015

Oct. 11, 2015
“Nobody has jobs. … It is not a real economy. It is a phony set of numbers. They cooked the books.”

Jan. 17, 2016
“Look again, you hear these phony jobs numbers? People that gave up looking for jobs? They are considered employed.”

Feb. 9, 2016
“Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. As high as 35 — as in fact, I heard recently, 42 percent.”

March 12, 2016
“The numbers are phony. These are all phony numbers. Numbers given to politicians to look good. These are phony numbers.”

May 24, 2016
“You hear a 5 percent unemployment rate. It's such a phony number. That number was put in for presidents and for politicians so that they look good to the people.”

July 7, 2016

Aug. 8, 2016

Nov. 4, 2016
“The terrible jobs report that just came out … you can see phony numbers, 5 percent.”

Dec. 8, 2016

Non sequitur Fake News

Sep. 7, 2012

Oct. 19, 2012

Aug. 11, 2013

May 31, 2014

June 16, 2015

Aug. 11, 2015

Aug. 30, 2015

Sept. 28, 2015

Sept. 29, 2015

Oct. 9, 2015

Oct. 11, 2015

Jan. 17, 2016

Feb. 9, 2016

March 12, 2016

May 24, 2016

July 7, 2016

Aug. 8, 2016

Nov. 4, 2016

Dec. 8, 2016

Reported as a violation of forum guidelines.

Don't you love how the corona virus lockdowns are only in blue cities/states and only for people who want to get back to work???

IF you want to loot, beat or murder people and burn the city down that's ok. No social distancing required.

But if you try and make some money to make ends meet? Feed the fam? You're going down!!!!!

LOL The left is beyond vile.

Remember the RWCJ whenever numbers came out from the Obama Administration? Yeah, me too. But they’re happy to swallow this horseshit without so much as a “this doesn’t quite make sense.”

Wait until we get the full picture.:rolleyes:

Interrupting the victory lap to point out a couple of uncomfortable things:

1. The unemployment numbers only apply to the actual labor force, which means if you weren't looking for work in May amidst the pandemic, you weren't counted.

2. Anyone who has had their hours cut is still "employed." A good portion of May's job gains came because restaurants reopened in a lot of places, but how many of those workers are earning what they made in February?

Back