The China Pearl Inn part 9

Why thank you Chris. So what awesome adventures have been occupying your time of late?

Why thank you Chris. So what awesome adventures have been occupying your time of late?

I did try and build you and Phoo a present for your birthday but never got a chance to try it. An electric sharpener so you wouldn't need a strop again.

Strangely SF didn't want to act as guinea pig...I mean assistant, when I mentioned I had made sure it couldn''t be switched off.

Well it is hard to find a dedicated assistant for a scientist and an inventor of your caliber Chris. :rolleyes:

I was quite pleased that I could get it out and maintain a even voice and a placid expression.

Right! Packed and ready to get back to Blighty. Lt GG is coming with us as is Sgt Rick, her hubby.

I see Rick is a very lucky man Robyn traveling with all you delicious young ladies back to Blighty. I do believe that G G must have made a stunning Matron of Honor for HSG wedding. ;)

Well when your back in Merry Old England and now that I am on the west coast we will be half a world away. :(

Sorry, I suddenly couldn't get into this area of Lit. I am not in the desert, I am in the mountains. The desert is about a mile lower than I am. :)

But I will admit these mountains are drier than those in the east and northwest. :)

Last edited:
Sorry, I suddenly couldn't get into this area of Lit. I am not in the desert, I am in the mountains. The desert is about a mile lower than I am. :)

But I will admit these mountains are dryer than those in the east and northwest. :)

Yes I think they've been doing something with Lit I had a similar problem.

Ah yes, home of the mountain cricket and other adorable critters :D

Yep. And right now the pine trees are wobbling back and forth, so I suspect today's rain is getting closer. I just hope the electricity stays on.

That bad?

It is annoying when it happens. This house is all electric, so while the electricity is out, all I can do is read and that only if it is light outside. It has gone out twice in the past week, once for five hours and once for three hours. This is unusual. In the past, outages have lasted less than an hour. But rain is good. Very good. :)

It is annoying when it happens. This house is all electric, so while the electricity is out, all I can do is read and that only if it is light outside. It has gone out twice in the past week, once for five hours and once for three hours. This is unusual. In the past, outages have lasted less than an hour. But rain is good. Very good. :)

Power cuts are very rare here nowadays, at least in the places I've lived and I think in most of the UK. We get quite enough rain mostly but the recent spell of weather has been hot and dry over the whole British Isles for two or three weeks.

As my daughter said her children are growing up
a) believing summers in England are hot and sunny and
b) England has a strong football team. :D

Power cuts are very rare here nowadays, at least in the places I've lived and I think in most of the UK. We get quite enough rain mostly but the recent spell of weather has been hot and dry over the whole British Isles for two or three weeks.

As my daughter said her children are growing up
a) believing summers in England are hot and sunny and
b) England has a strong football team. :D

We all have our childhood beliefs. I have a memory of this forest that I would walk through and at the other side was a mobile home park which was my goal to reach. I once asked my mother why she let her seven year old walk through this big forest? She asked me what forest? Apparently, what is a forest to a seven year old is a few trees in a empty lot with the mobile home clearly visible from the front porch of our house. ::shrug::

We all have our childhood beliefs. I have a memory of this forest that I would walk through and at the other side was a mobile home park which was my goal to reach. I once asked my mother why she let her seven year old walk through this big forest? She asked me what forest? Apparently, what is a forest to a seven year old is a few trees in a empty lot with the mobile home clearly visible from the front porch of our house. ::shrug::

It all depends where you stand :)

Maybe things like that never really leave us - and maybe we should hold on to them to remind us what the imagination can do.

It all depends where you stand :)

Maybe things like that never really leave us - and maybe we should hold on to them to remind us what the imagination can do.

Yeah, the viewpoint of a child is different than that of an adult. That is for sure. I have thunder, lightning, rain, house is shaking so if I disappear it isn't my fault. :)

My aunt loves to tell stories about my parents who were a lot older than she is. She is actually five years older than I am. So when she tells her stories I always take them with a pound of salt. LOL Her perspective is slightly skewed. ;)

Yeah, the viewpoint of a child is different than that of an adult. That is for sure. I have thunder, lightning, rain, house is shaking so if I disappear it isn't my fault. :)

My aunt loves to tell stories about my parents who were a lot older than she is. She is actually five years older than I am. So when she tells her stories I always take them with a pound of salt. LOL Her perspective is slightly skewed. ;)

Well that should cool things down :)

Who can really say what's true in family history? I will have to disappear myself soon.

Well that should cool things down :)

Who can really say what's true in family history? I will have to disappear myself soon.

It is amazing how many stories were passed down and that we are finding now, fifty years later, aren't true at all. LOL

I am always a fan of cooling things down. :)

It is amazing how many stories were passed down and that we are finding now, fifty years later, aren't true at all. LOL

I am always a fan of cooling things down. :)

Remind me to bore you with my complex dark family history one day...

For now, I go :)

I have returned from the evil realm of Washington state DMV to convert my driver's license over to Washington State. I boldly entered the caverns of sleep as one waits interminably for your number to be called your eyelids growing ever heaver. One dares not surrender to the sleep monster lest your number is called and you do not respond lest you have to start all over again.

Thankfully I defeated the sleep monster though it took an hour and a half to do so and I successfully convert my drivers license. :D

I have returned from the evil realm of Washington state DMV to convert my driver's license over to Washington State. I boldly entered the caverns of sleep as one waits interminably for your number to be called your eyelids growing ever heaver. One dares not surrender to the sleep monster lest your number is called and you do not respond lest you have to start all over again.

Thankfully I defeated the sleep monster though it took an hour and a half to do so and I successfully convert my drivers license. :D

Congratulations. It took me months to work up to attacking that. You are a much braver man than I!! :)

Back